• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Team Combo Video* "Asians Like Dragons"

trogita

Smash Apprentice
This is a team combo video from our crew, "Asians Like Dragons", there are 4 of us, and the final version came out to 28 minutes long all together, so I decided to post a link to each individual section as well. Enjoy.

Full Version Hi-Res - 285 MB Full Hi-Res

Full Version Lo-Res - 147 MB Full Lo-Res

Full Version Google Video - Google Video

All the Individual Sections are on Google Video:

Introduction -
Intro

Kirbymaster 212(Ice Climbers) - Kirbymaster 212

Papa Peach(Peach) -
Papa Peach

Tro(Fox/Falco) -
Tro

Slya(Link/Mario) -
Slya

R.I.P Slya's Fox -
R.I.P Slya's Fox

R.I.P Gunz (Short, mainly marth) -
R.I.P Gunz

Credits -
The Credits

Pneuma

Smash Ace
That's some pretty terrible DI and I saw nothing innovative or exciting.
Spend more time in your group working on NOT getting hit and NOT getting combo'd.

Lonoki

Smash Cadet
Most of you seemed to stand there a lot doing nothing, just watching your opponent fly across the screen.

But I thought it was boring.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
It's not bad for a first effort in making a video. When I thought the title, I thought it was going to be a team combo video, as in 2 vs. 2 playing. But no.. :(

actionlen

Smash Journeyman
Rapid_Assassin said:
It's not bad for a first effort in making a video. When I thought the title, I thought it was going to be a team combo video, as in 2 vs. 2 playing. But no.. :(
I THough the same thing, I heard a lot of people talking about a 2v2 video but nobody makes one.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
actionlen said:
I THough the same thing, I heard a lot of people talking about a 2v2 video but nobody makes one.
Yeah, I felt cheated :(

I can make one as soon as I get enough footage for something like this.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
You ppl can atleast have something good to say other then something negative or disre

I only had time to watch the mario/Link video and i thought it was pretty cool these guys may not be flashy but i can tell they know how to play smart and make on spot decisions. that was pretty good use of the projectile spam on Link when he double arrowed KO'ed falcon on Final D :chuckle:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tro, stop using the fsmash like that. The upsmash is much more versatile.

FFrost

Smash Apprentice
you guys might want to learn how to DI and most of those werent even combos, well the ones I saw werent, out of the 28 minutes I watched about 3 because I skipped through due to how boring most of the stuff was...the ice climbers might want to learn what you can do when you grab the opponent.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
hehehe i dont know why but i get giggly when i watch these. yo man, so far ive watched the peach and iceclimber / jiggly part, and some of it, the peach is the one getting owned. and your standing in one spot and cstick fowarding... but its definitely not bad because i know u guys know how to do the techs. just practice a little more.

btw, slya's fox ftw. if he added in some bairs uairs and nairs. he would be awesome

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
**** you

you guys need to shut the **** up about bad DI, its a combo video for ****s sakes... everyone does bad DI sometimes, combo videos are to show how good you are at taking advantage of bad DI.

anyway, i dont find the crew combo video pleasing it was a good effort and shows skill.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
seriously, wtf is with the negative comments?

anyways time for something constructive. given, it ISNT the best combo video in the world - and a few reasons why

a> the videos were WAAAY too long. you had alot of good footage in there, but it was ruined by "par" footage that came along with it. you want to shorten it to maybe 1/4 of its length, just choosing the best bits out.
b> in each clip - although there were "combos" in there, it was not really that special or cool, just a clip from a match. to make it part of a combo video the clip doesnt have to be very long - each clip was probably 2-3 times longer than it needed to be, as the combo was only done in maybe the last 5-10 seconds on the clip
c> you switched from one clip to another quite quickly. a good idea instead - is the moment the opponent starts dying <or is about to die for sure, like flying into the background> - you want to fade the clip instead. dont worry about the fade, just make it a 1-2 second thing, and make it fade into black, and the next clip phase in. this lets you show the entire death, and it also lets you make your clips longer <by a small amount> - without actually making the video longer. just make sure the last 2 seconds or first two that you show, arnt too important.
d> show your opponent dying. i know it sounds stupid, but seeing the "game set" or w/e after someone has died horribly is always a good thing to see. you often end the clip abruptly without warning - even if it fades ou can have it fade after you see "game set"

if you can shorten your movie to show only the best 1/4 - then the movie would be much, much better. after all, then youre only showing the best of the best. dont worry if each characters movie is only 2-3 minutes long, as its a combined movie. it also makes it less painful to watch the whole thing.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
you guys need to shut the **** up about bad DI, its a combo video for ****s sakes... everyone does bad DI sometimes, combo videos are to show how good you are at taking advantage of bad DI.

anyway, i dont find the crew combo video pleasing it was a good effort and shows skill.
Dude you don't how bad their DI was anyways most of the time they were just standing there and not trying to get away..

Pysko

Smash Apprentice
that falco in the vid needs to learn how to short hop laser because i didnt see him do any. Tell you the truth i didnt see the whole vid after like 5 mins into it I stopped because it wasnt appealing.

Sorry, I stopped watching to go watch paint dry. You guys just need to practice, and look forward to my vid. coming soon. ^_^

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Yeah man, I don't see where all the - comments are coming from. I mean, sure there's a place for them, but honestly, I've definitely seen worse combos vids. The Falco and Fox clips weren't even that bad - Fox had nice shines. Just mix them up more. The IC's were probly the worst part, IMO. But maybe that's cause I main them. Dude, every clip was you just you wd'ing, grabbing them and then doing tilts or something, and the occasional smash. Learn to chaingrab, or in the very least, blizzard to smash. That's the backbone of IC play. And next time include more actual combos, not just bad grab clips. Especially on the fastfallers; you can juggle them a lot. Stuff like that. And also work on your guys' DI, as everyone has mentioned. Again, maybe it's just me, but I wasn't as appauled as everyone else seemed to be. I didn't think it was horrible at all. Just work on stuff and you guys will improve...

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
seriously, all you people with the negativity... stfu. there is no reason to do that.

even if its the worst thing you have ever seen you still shouldn't be saying that. instead say something that could be improved upon. its way too long, the combos are less than perfect, the title is misleading, individual characters fighting-style commentary,

were not here to put people down who put out a video.

edit: this isn't including the people who said the same thing as me or gave healthy crit. gj to you guys.

uhh, some of us think it's funny to make comments like the one i made, and weren't actually trying to be mean, lol. (me). i only watched the fox part, and the fox and falco part. i was bored as hell watching those. typical 'combos'. typically worthless and bad 'combos'. unessecary things that arent impressive but a waste of time. if you liked it fine, ppl who didnt like it are entitled to their opinions and are aloud to express them. get over it.

trogita

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I agree with everyone, a majority of my crew doesn't even like this game anymore, they all quit to play World of Warcraft.(I'm the fox/falco BTW) One of the only reasons I made this combo video, was to get them to keep playing the game. :\ I know they aren't that good, the one good player, quit before I could get him in the combo video(to play WoW). It's not even fun, I get no oppurtunity to improve because of the way they are, and we never play anymore, or see each other pretty much, thanks to WoW. I didn't expect them to perform better than they did, the negative comments are right and necessary. Meh, I had fun making it, and it'll pretty much be the end of my smash career(seeing as how I have no one to play with.) All I can say is, I wish they were better.:ohwell:

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
^ thats a punk *** way to go out man, WoW has gotten many people to quit many games... you should try going to tournys or find some people that play around where you live

UFO Hawk

Smash Cadet
Nah, I agree with everyone, a majority of my crew doesn't even like this game anymore, they all quit to play World of Warcraft.(I'm the fox/falco BTW) One of the only reasons I made this combo video, was to get them to keep playing the game. :\ I know they aren't that good, the one good player, quit before I could get him in the combo video(to play WoW). It's not even fun, I get no oppurtunity to improve because of the way they are, and we never play anymore, or see each other pretty much, thanks to WoW. I didn't expect them to perform better than they did, the negative comments are right and necessary. Meh, I had fun making it, and it'll pretty much be the end of my smash career(seeing as how I have no one to play with.) All I can say is, I wish they were better.:ohwell:
Darn world of warcraft. I'm glad my crew loves smash bros. more than anything in the world! Too bad though Tro. Stupid WoW!!!

Top Bottom