• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Akaneia adds Volleyball to Super Smash Bros. Melee

volleyball.jpg

Team Akaneia have released their own build for Super Smash Bros. Melee. This build includes an additional alternate costume for every single fighter, six stages from Super Smash Bros. 64, Quality of Life improvements, a beta for a new character (we'll leave that a surprise) and the highlight, Volleyball.

The Volleyball mode allows two players to compete against each other, hitting a volleyball back and forth until it gets to the opponents side. Characters are walled off to only be on their side. It is also not possible to allow the volleyball to go off of the stage, as all walls are reflective.

Footage of the volleyball mode, along with a tweet, can be seen down below:

Author's Note: What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Graphics: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

wow smash volleyball in ultimate was so popular someone modded in a real version in melee?! XD

Honestly I hope nintendo takes note of this, and actually makes this a real mode in smash6.

of course who am I kidding? They won't even bring back board the platforms, and completely got rid of break the targets in ultimate. So the chance of them adding a fun little goofy mode like this in the next game is pretty much 0%

When I first saw this post I thought that it meant the Wii Fit Volleyball was added as a playable character to Melee. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not that this wasn't the case.

View attachment 300197

Team Akaneia have released their own build for Super Smash Bros. Melee. This build includes an additional alternate costume for every single fighter, six stages from Super Smash Bros. 64, Quality of Life improvements, a beta for a new character (we'll leave that a surprise) and the highlight, Volleyball.

The Volleyball mode allows two players to compete against each other, hitting a volleyball back and forth until it gets to the opponents side. Characters are walled off to only be on their side. It is also not possible to allow the volleyball to go off of the stage, as all walls are reflective.

Credits:
The idea itself sounds fun, but it also sounds like it leans in favor of characters with superior aerial mobility, such as Jigglypuff. How would balancing be taken care of?

View attachment 300197

Credits:
Cool!

Top Bottom