• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teacher Dies After Breaking Up Fight Between Teen Couple

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
(June 5) -- A Massachusetts high school teacher died after breaking up a fight between a teenage couple.

Douglas Vaughn Lloyd stopped breathing and turned blue shortly after intervening to break up the scuffle between a 16-year-old boy and his girlfriend at a school in Fitchburg, Mass., Friday morning, The Boston Globe reported.

Lloyd was rushed to nearby Leominster hospital and pronounced dead. The teenagers are facing domestic assault charges in juvenile court.

"There was hitting and yelling involved," one student told a local Fox News affiliate. "He wasn't feeling too good after they split up and he just collapsed."

It does not appear that Lloyd was actually struck by either teenager during the altercation. His cause of death is, for now, unknown. Police and state forensics experts are investigating the case, according to The Boston Globe.

Lloyd had worked at the school since 2008 as a resource teacher, teaching biology as part of the school's college preparatory course. He had previously worked as a chiropractor, the Fox affiliate reported.

The school's graduation ceremony went ahead as planned on Friday evening. School principal Richard D. Masciarelli extended his "heartfelt sympathy" to Lloyd's wife and daughter.

"The Fitchburg High School community has been hit by a terrible tragedy," Masciarelli said. "Vaughan Lloyd, an outstanding teacher, was stricken ill and died at Leominster Hospital today."

The death has left a gloomy atmosphere hanging over the school at what is usually one of the happiest times of the year for students.

"Everybody's miserable," Saleem Kidd, a sophomore, told The Boston Globe. "We're not doing any schoolwork. We're just waiting for school to end."
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...reaking-up-fight-between-teen-couple/19504651

I'm not sure if aol news is a respectable source.

what @ domestic assault charges

UberMario

Smash Master
It was probably a heart-attack or a stroke due to the stress of the situation. He was 65 and he looked pretty old in the image they showed of him.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
I agree. But what gets me the most is that apparently, they're gonna be charged with domestic assault charges.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
The way the story reads, the fight may have been a cause for his unknown cause of death? Maybe it was just too much excitement and he had a heart attack. In no way was it the teens' fault for his 'condition.'

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I remember reading this... Yeah. I don't think the students should really be blamed for the teacher's death since they didn't physically touch him. But they DID get into a fight however.
As for the current teenagers these days it just seems so hopeless. I'm a graduating senior in high school. And watching seventh graders brag about how many sex partners they have, and how they smoke and drink all the time. It really makes me sad.

Top Bottom