• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Cody645

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cody645
3DS FC
5429-7944-5036
I'm having problems with this build. Whenever I try to boot the homebrew (via homebrew channel obviously) version and I press play, it brings me back to the Wii menu. Anybody knows what causes this to happen/how to fix it?

Last edited:

shaikhnbake

Smash Rookie
Hey so im planning on downloading the homebrew version. But I play on the wii, So i was wondering if someone could give me some information about all the stages that lagg on the wii and how i could replace them with other stages from the community? Thanks.

JokeOnTheInternet

Smash Rookie
I'm having problems with this build. Whenever I try to boot the homebrew (via homebrew channel obviously) version and I press play, it brings me back to the Wii menu. Anybody knows what causes this to happen/how to fix it?
I have the exact same problem except I didn't hack my Wii U.

Luis27xD

Smash Rookie
I've tried installing the homebrew version on my Wii and Project M has always worked fine for me, but everytime I open the game with this mod it shows a black screen and stays there forever. I've tried formatting my 2GB SD card, keeping all or removing some of the songs (which wasnt neccesary with the last update), checking all the configurations of USB Loader GX to make sure I didnt miss anything... nothing worked. Any ideas?

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
Hey! Love the build, however, I would like to integrate your stage selection setup on the menu with your codes, but I don't see if you provided them or not in the pack separately from the .gct. Think you can post the codes you integrated into your pack?

Last edited:

Manipanni

Smash Rookie
can someone help me when i try to load legacy i get sent to the wii menu I'm really in need of help

Manipanni

Smash Rookie
Happy to report over 3K total combined downloads!

I am tempted to work on a PM 3.6-compliant 1-year anniversary edition....
I try to download legacy and i am taken to the wii menu can you help me also with how my folders should look i just don't know what i did wrong

Sacowea27

Smash Rookie
davidvkimball davidvkimball I have a problem with Legacy. I downloaded V 1.1 Hackless, put it on a 2GB SD Card and made it run on my Wii (which is not hacked, of course). The Project M logo appears and everything, but when I press play, the screen goes black and then nothing happens. Could you please help me? I really want to play this thing

ManiSmash

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Did you review the troubleshooting steps in the download?

If not, try reformatting your SD card to FAT32 (right click, "Format..." FAT32"). Then put the files on.

If it continues, try deleting some music files.
OK thanks xD

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Holy cow. There are a lot of posts here. I hopefully will have time to trouble shoot this soon.

alex9918

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the dolphin version and I can't find boot.elf
The boot .elf is in the SD card, but you dont want to use that one. When you open dolphin you should see "browse" and you should find the directory of dolphin that you're using, go to Games > and use that as one of the directories. Hope i could help!

alex9918

Smash Cadet
davidvkimball davidvkimball I have a problem with Legacy. I downloaded V 1.1 Hackless, put it on a 2GB SD Card and made it run on my Wii (which is not hacked, of course). The Project M logo appears and everything, but when I press play, the screen goes black and then nothing happens. Could you please help me? I really want to play this thing
That means that its a silent crash and you either have one of 2 things wrong
A) You don't have brawl in your disc drive
B) You don't have the files in the proper directory. When you open your SD card you should see 4 things, not 1.

alex9918

Smash Cadet
Hey so im planning on downloading the homebrew version. But I play on the wii, So i was wondering if someone could give me some information about all the stages that lagg on the wii and how i could replace them with other stages from the community? Thanks.
Find the stage that you want and follow these steps
A) Make sure its over the proper stage (EX: you can't have a FD alt over Smashville)
B) Rename the stage to whatever stage you wanna replace (Go to SD card\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\stage\melee and replace the stage with whatever you want the new stage to be.

Capta1n_Henry

Smash Rookie
The boot .elf is in the SD card, but you dont want to use that one. When you open dolphin you should see "browse" and you should find the directory of dolphin that you're using, go to Games > and use that as one of the directories. Hope i could help!
I couldnt find any directories

Last edited:

Sacowea27

Smash Rookie
That means that its a silent crash and you either have one of 2 things wrong
A) You don't have brawl in your disc drive
B) You don't have the files in the proper directory. When you open your SD card you should see 4 things, not 1.
I do have Brawl in my disc drive, and I do see 4 things in my SD card when I open it.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Let me ask you all a question: are any of you able to get 1.1 to work at all?

Edit: I have over 500 downloads of 1.1 alone, so I figured I would have received more messages it no one else can get it working but I haven't heard a lot of cases of it working for people.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Oh, maybe that's the problem. It's a Micro SD with am adapter
It doesn't rule it out as the cause, Micro SD with adapters can work, just tend to be less stable.

exposedorange

Smash Rookie
NNID
ExposedOrange
I'm having a problem, it keeps saying error -36 saying some files can't be read when i transfer the files to my SD card, I'm using a mac for this keep that in mind, its 2GBs also but the game runs then stops at the project m screen and the loading screen, please help ASAP

TheGessoman

Smash Rookie
Hi, I made this account just to say this is my absolute favorite Project M build, and that I very much appreciate the effort that went into making it. I know from experience how annoying modding Brawl can be. I especially appreciate how all the alternate stages are visible in the Stage Select Screen, something lacking in some other builds. I hope you will still work on this build, even though Project M is officially over.

I also wanted to say that I use version 1.1 with absolutely no problems, both on Dolphin and on Wii. On Dolphin I use the hackless version in a virtual 2gb SD card (although I load it through Gecko). On console, I use the hackless method, and my Wii isn't modded. I use a 2gb microSD card through an adapter, but it's still 100% stable.

All the best.

Tradermon

Smash Rookie
Anyone know the song locations for the new custom stages? I want to add custom music into them.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hi, I made this account just to say this is my absolute favorite Project M build, and that I very much appreciate the effort that went into making it. I know from experience how annoying modding Brawl can be. I especially appreciate how all the alternate stages are visible in the Stage Select Screen, something lacking in some other builds. I hope you will still work on this build, even though Project M is officially over.

I also wanted to say that I use version 1.1 with absolutely no problems, both on Dolphin and on Wii. On Dolphin I use the hackless version in a virtual 2gb SD card (although I load it through Gecko). On console, I use the hackless method, and my Wii isn't modded. I use a 2gb microSD card through an adapter, but it's still 100% stable.

All the best.
Thank you very much! This is very encouraging to me. Appreciate you taking the time to create an account and write to me. And yes, I do plan on continuing development, and have some pretty exciting news to announce about that pretty soon. THANK YOU also for the feedback on 1.1 big time. I'm finding many users (like the individual quoted below me) are having issues with it. So it's good to know it is working for some.

I just tried to use the homebrew version and it straight doesn't work for me. I can't USB Load or use the PM Launcher.
I'm honestly working hard to figure out why it's not working for some folks. Works fine for me... Hopefully I can get back to you.

Anyone know the song locations for the new custom stages? I want to add custom music into them.
Yeah, here are the song mappings:

STGCUSTOM01 T05.brstm - Subspace Emissary
STGCUSTOM02 X06.brstm - Ganon's Castle
STGCUSTOM03 X10.brstm - Arena Ferox
STGCUSTOM04 X11.brstm - Inferno
STGCUSTOM05 X13.brstm - Balloon Fight
STGCUSTOM06 X15.brstm - Egg Planet
STGCUSTOM07 X16.brstm - Mewtwo's Lab
STGCUSTOM08 X17.brstm - Dive to the Heart
STGCUSTOM09 X18.brstm - Dracula's Castle
STGCUSTOM0A X19.brstm - Bell Tower
STGCUSTOM0B X20.brstm - Grunty's Tower
STGCUSTOM0C X21.brstm - Sltspray Rig

Quaza

Smash Cadet
2 things. 1.) I used this build as the framework for my custom build. I added plenty of skins and stages if you are interested in checking it out and seeing if you like them. 2.) For some reason when I use random stage select it still selects expansion stages even though I have the toggle off in the random stage select menu. I am a competitive player so I'd rather not have to reselect stages all the time when I'm practicing. Any idea why this is happening?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
2 things. 1.) I used this build as the framework for my custom build. I added plenty of skins and stages if you are interested in checking it out and seeing if you like them. 2.) For some reason when I use random stage select it still selects expansion stages even though I have the toggle off in the random stage select menu. I am a competitive player so I'd rather not have to reselect stages all the time when I'm practicing. Any idea why this is happening?
1. That's great, I'd love to check it out! Where can I find it?

2. Yeah, that's because I was wrong about the button to toggle expansion stages, you need to go to "TURN ALL STAGES OFF" and then select just the stages you want. Also turns of the Training Mode stage this way.

Top Bottom