• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Or...y'know...Nite could use ExtremeSpeed to finish it off.
Draco Meteor from a 252 Sp. Attack Salamence does 154.2% - 182% to Smogon's Mixnite set (138.1% - 163.5% with a neutral nature). Add Specs and it does 231% - 271.8%. If Dragonite is trying to absorb attacks, it can't afford not to run max bulk. It can't even do more than 50% with Extremespeed off the Mixnite set against 0 HP/0 Sp. Def Mence (calcs are 38.4% - 45.3%). Running absolute max attack (252 Atk EVs, Adamant, Choice Band) it only does 53.5% - 63.1% with Extremespeed while getting killed almost three times over by Salamence.

You see this is why Mence was banned to ubers.

/offtopic

lolwut modest?
try Naive or Jolly plz, or at least Adamant.
I'm pretty sure the OU Specsmence set was either Modest/Timid. Isma mentioned a bulky Dragonite, so I pulled up calcs that showed the max damage Mence could do to a maximum Sp. Def bulky Dragonite.

plus in IRL salamence cant summon huge meteors from they sky.
Except we were talking competitive pokemon not irl battles.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Draco Meteor from a 252 Sp. Attack Salamence does 154.2% - 182% to Smogon's Mixnite set (138.1% - 163.5% with a neutral nature). Add Specs and it does 231% - 271.8%. If Dragonite is trying to absorb attacks, it can't afford not to run max bulk. It can't even do more than 50% with Extremespeed off the Mixnite set against 0 HP/0 Sp. Def Mence (calcs are 38.4% - 45.3%). Running absolute max attack (252 Atk EVs, Adamant, Choice Band) it only does 53.5% - 63.1% with Extremespeed while getting killed almost three times over by Salamence.

You see this is why Mence was banned to ubers.

/offtopic

I'm pretty sure the OU Specsmence set was either Modest/Timid. Isma mentioned a bulky Dragonite, so I pulled up calcs that showed the max damage Mence could do to a maximum Sp. Def bulky Dragonite.

Except we were talking competitive pokemon not irl battles.
I just find Special mence silly but w/e

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was referring to his bulk irl more than in the games. lol. In game, I meant that Dnite could use ES to finish Mence off assuming it would survive a STAB Dragon or Ice attack...via Focus Sash itself, or something(assuming it's going full attack/speed). But alas, in the end even if it could KO it, Mence will always be better.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I am always right. And mark my words: this thread will stay dead until Nintendo releases the next Smash game.......in 2012!!!!!!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Give Leon his mercenary weapons:

Springfield Armory XD/HS2000

Benelli M4 Super 90

30 handgun ammo

10 shotgun shells

A knife

And his training

As for Lara:

Dual Browning HP

A Mac 10

2 Grenades

30 Handgun ammo.

50 SMG ammo.

And her beresto missiles.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Anyway, I am going to state what is, perphaps, the deciding point of this MU: Leon received military and secret services training. Lara mostly trains herself in her gym.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Only in the movies. The games have never implied any kind of military or secret services. She is just an archaeologist.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Well Lara obviosuly wins by Flashing Leon, then shooting him while he's distracted ;)

But in all actuality. I think Leon wins this. He's had more experience with combat, and is more of a combat oriented person. Mentality goes a long way.

How often did lara have one on one fights? (actual Question not some smartass sounding point)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well Lara obviosuly wins by Flashing Leon, then shooting him while he's distracted ;)

But in all actuality. I think Leon wins this. He's had more experience with combat, and is more of a combat oriented person. Mentality goes a long way.

How often did lara have one on one fights? (actual Question not some smartass sounding point)
This.

I mean, Angelina Jolie played her, and she HAWT.

Like really, who wouldn't want to see Laura Croft?
I means Angelina Jolie

Win.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ive never gotten when girls go for the "ill distract with (femininity) then kill the opposition!"

1) it will barely ever work in a fight / life and death encounter.... like 1% chance the oppostion would be that dumb

2) they leave themselves vulnerable bu taking the time to try and distract / wear odd clothing and would probably get killed faster.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Hmm.........

Might wanna edit your post there buddy.
Maybe later.....

Ive never gotten when girls go for the "ill distract with (femininity) then kill the opposition!"

1) it will barely ever work in a fight / life and death encounter.... like 1% chance the oppostion would be that dumb

2) they leave themselves vulnerable bu taking the time to try and distract / wear odd clothing and would probably get killed faster.
I was joking man...Leon wins this....

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Then again, it also works on reverse.

Which gives me an idea that could make this MU longer.

So Leon wins because of his training when firepower is involved, but who wins in a flirt fight?

Who would be the first one to break down to the other's charm and the one to last longer in the following sex scene?

athurart09

Smash Rookie
I like this thread better than the tier list discussion nao (cant wait till i get mah computer fixed so i don have to write on this PSP browser) ICs have equipment offering protection while pikmin cling to there targets and bash them with their stems. wouldnt IC parkas offer some protection?

JOE!

Smash Hero
........................................................................................

anyways, insert school johns here, new MU will be soon (TM)

REL38

Smash Lord
I like this thread better than the tier list discussion nao (cant wait till i get mah computer fixed so i don have to write on this PSP browser) ICs have equipment offering protection while pikmin cling to there targets and bash them with their stems. wouldnt IC parkas offer some protection?
That match is old news, bud

But your interest is appreciated

@JOE

Leon won

Hope new match is interesting

JOE!

Smash Hero
Im going through alot of crap right now...

(that and I got engaged :D )

also, I is stuck on a good opponent for OOT Ganon

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For OoT Ganon? If it's Ganondorf, I say choose either The Black Knight from Fire Emblem, or Golbez of Final Fantasy IV. In the case of the latter, Golbez, like Dorf, is manly and muscular while weilding powerful black magic.

For Beast Ganon, I'd say Braska's Final Aeon (Jecht) from Final Fantasy X. Jecht is manly, and so's Dorf. In their ultimate forms, they're even more beard! Or I suppose we could go with Rial's Chaos idea. Any villain voiced by Keith David is good in my book.

Huh, funny how I mostly chose Final Fantasy characters (save for Black Knight).

Screw it, if all fails, we can pit Dorf against an esoteric character, like The Duke of Bedford from the PSP game, Jeanne D'arc. XD

Top Bottom