• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
squirtle can bite and scratch, and hold his breath to avoid the poisons

his shell also negates Ivysaur's bites, tackles, etc to a degree

REL38

Smash Lord

♥ Oh and JOE! like I said before, I think you should give them a different stage to fight in each round, it seems like fun and might be fairer
♥
Sounds cool, but I'd wanna say it just screws with the MU's.

ex. Jungle setting:

Squirtle would just stay in the water and camp all day long.
Snake arguably could have stood a better chance.
Diddy would have won, hand down.
Link would just use his arrows to score an easy win.

Not the best examples, but you get my point :p

UncleSam

Smash Master
wikipedia said:
The upper shell of the turtle is called the carapace. The lower shell that encases the belly is called the plastron. The carapace and plastron are joined together on the turtle's sides by bony structures called bridges. The inner layer of a turtle's shell is made up of about 60 bones that includes portions of the backbone and the ribs, meaning the turtle cannot crawl out of its shell. In most turtles, the outer layer of the shell is covered by horny scales called scutes that are part of its outer skin, or epidermis. Scutes are made up of a fibrous protein called keratin that also makes up the scales of other reptiles. These scutes overlap the seams between the shell bones and add strength to the shell. Some turtles do not have horny scutes. For example, the leatherback sea turtle and the soft-shelled turtles have shells covered with leathery skin instead.
squirtle's shell is made of a thick layer of keratin, the stuff that your finernails are made out of, but those are land turtles, squirtles shell is a leather shell, srry my bad made a mistake thar

justaway12

Smash Master
squirtle can bite and scratch, and hold his breath to avoid the poisons

his shell also negates Ivysaur's bites, tackles, etc to a degree
It not the best defence as his head is still too big for that.

Sounds cool, but I'd wanna say it just screws with the MU's.

ex. Jungle setting:

Squirtle would just stay in the water and camp all day long.
Snake arguably could have stood a better chance.
Diddy would have won, hand down.
Link would just use his arrows to score an easy win.

Not the best examples, but you get my point :p
Yeah, but it could make it fairer as well, it just depends on the stage, as you said Snake MIGHT have had a better shot

JOE!

Smash Hero
thats why i said to a degree

anywho, we've gone over stages in the past: it is allways a nuetral kinda setting we could see both oppoents in:

for example, Snake vs Wolf we had them fight in a kindof military base, where Wolf's wolfen was parked at the outside.

its allways neutral

UncleSam

Smash Master
a turtle's shell is stuck onto it's body a blow to squirtle's underside would be like being punched in the chest,
squirtle would lose his breath,
also stress and pressure can keep it from holding its breath longer.
squirtle can only hold it for 5 minutes b4 having to breathe in again

Nova9000

Smash Lord
so the only difference between the two is ivy can attempt to poison squirtle. other than that, its all melee attacks?

Sieguest

Smash Master
396 posts yeah boi...

Good luck beating my one-poster Sam...:p

You coulda one posted this one by saying... Ivy can continually spread poison until squirtle has to breath...
Or spread enough in the physinity to where Ivysaur can start pressuring squirtle into higher activity...eventually causing squirtle to inhale the poison...

GG..

that's how it's done son...lololololololol
next...

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Well, I think this is how it goes:
Ivysaur poisons air
Squirtle holds breath to avoid poisoning
Ivysaur beats up Squirtle
If Squirtle resists, he uses up his reserved oxygen thus has to breathe in the poison
If Squirtle does nothing, he becomes Ivysaur's soccer ball and eventually runs out of oxygen
Objections?

Adler

Smash Apprentice
The poison is a useful extra which might distract Squirtle from the actual fighting and make Ivysaur win faster.

Ivysaur is bigger and heavier.
Ivysaur can deal out more melee damage (in the absence of any fighting skill among them).

If Squirtle breaths he dies.
If Squirtle doesn't breath he get's the wind knocked out of him and dies.

But what's this?
Squirtle's grabbed a cool mask and a Katana!
Squirtle: "KALABUNGA DUDES!!!"
IT'S ALL OVER FOR IVYSAUR! What a shame. He was so close to winning too.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
so ivy wins? i dont see how suqirtle wins trying to overcome the melee of ivy, the poison, and the fact ivy can put him on the back off his shell and make him squirm and waste moe energy. and i dont really see any1 supporting squirtle.

UncleSam

Smash Master
396 posts yeah boi...

Good luck beating my one-poster Sam...:p

You coulda one posted this one by saying... Ivy can continually spread poison until squirtle has to breath...
Or spread enough in the physinity to where Ivysaur can start pressuring squirtle into higher activity...eventually causing squirtle to inhale the poison...

GG..

that's how it's done son...lololololololol
next...
I thought that was obvious.
But what's this?
Squirtle's grabbed a cool mask and a Katana!
Squirtle: "KALABUNGA DUDES!!!"
IT'S ALL OVER FOR IVYSAUR! What a shame. He was so close to winning too.

yeah, I know your kidding I just needed someplace to post this

tocador

Smash Lord
I see. Ivy's vines arent possible in RL, meaning hes melee combat rests in his claws and bitting abilities.

Squirtle can punch and kick and hold the breath for at least a long period of time. Meaning he can do sommersaults periodicaly to injure ivysaur and dont get hit by the poison.

Squirtle can spit water too(previous battle he could), so he can prolly push ivysaur out of the poison clouds with the water or make the spores get into the water he spit and clean his way up.

Producing spores requires or body fluids + toxins or a stored thing in his bulb. This means the spore isnt infinte, and with a good boxing game(water + attack and run) he can just wait untill the spores are gone, and finish ivy off.

Edit: People cant argue with sam, you need me for this win. Squirtle all the way pal;

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I see. Ivy's vines arent possible in RL, meaning hes melee combat rests in his claws and bitting abilities.

Squirtle can punch and kick and hold the breath for at least a long period of time. Meaning he can do sommersaults periodicaly to injure ivysaur and dont get hit by the poison.

Squirtle can spit water too(previous battle he could), so he can prolly push ivysaur out of the poison clouds with the water or make the spores get into the water he spit and clean his way up.

Producing spores requires or body fluids + toxins or a stored thing in his bulb. This means the spore isnt infinte, and with a good boxing game(water + attack and run) he can just wait untill the spores are gone, and finish ivy off.

Edit: People cant argue with sam, you need me for this win. Squirtle all the way pal;
Squirtle can only hold his breath for 3-4 minutes. Ivysaur isnt just gonna stand there either, he's going to fight back. Ivysaur also has a height and weight advantage making it that much harder for Squirtle.

I dont see how spitting water will help get rid of the spores >.> Spitting water involves opening your mouth and exhaling slightly, so thats just cutting off his 3-4 min time limit for holding his breath and may cause him to accidently inhale some spores. Also, spitting water cant really be forceful enough to move Ivysaur Im pretty sure.

I dont see how Squirtle has an advantage.

tocador

Smash Lord
Squirtle can only hold his breath for 3-4 minutes.
Only? And no, he can hold for 4-5 minutes, not 3-4. A round of any fight in a tourney usually lasts 3-5 minutes, and people still get knocked out and such. You know why? Because you only need one good hit to knock someone down, and enduring tons of hits is harder then it seems. 5 minutes is enough.

Plus, squirtle can "enter the spore, fight for 3 minutes, go out of the spore, breath, back to the fight".

Ivysaur isnt just gonna stand there either, he's going to fight back. Ivysaur also has a height and weight advantage making it that much harder for Squirtle.
Ivysaur stumpy legs dont arent made to run. They are too short. The only way ivy holds his own on walking is because they are large and fat. They shouldnt even be able to life IRL, so hes is slow. Very slow.

Whats the point of height advtange when you dont have arms? "But with weight he can tackle", no he cant, his body structure with that type of legs shouldnt even suport him to jump. And like he cant run, hes a walking spore-ball.

I dont see how spitting water will help get rid of the spores >.> Spitting water involves opening your mouth and exhaling slightly, so thats just cutting off his 3-4 min time limit for holding his breath and may cause him to accidently inhale some spores. Also, spitting water cant really be forceful enough to move Ivysaur Im pretty sure.
Water is the universal solvent. Throw some spores on the air, and then some water. The spores will be absorved by the water. And thus you will be able to breath.

Yeah sure, maybe he cant move ivy, but he can wait and spit water to get rid of spores.

I dont see how Squirtle has an advantage.
Use glasses then.

Edit: Yeah i forgot to mention, when ivy use the spores in a area, they dont follow him, they stay there(disconsidering any wind action), so they spore field will only be "movable" if he chases down squirtle, witch will be pain, as he is slow copared to a bipedi(dont know enlgish word for it, but it stands from "the one who walks on 2 legs). Or even a normal turtle on the 4 feet.

Edit2: Spores are produced by fungus, because thats how they protect or reproduce them selves. Meaning the big bulb on ivys back is a mushroom(2 or more fungus had sex and a mushroom was born). Spores are really low on water, 15% only of its composition is water. Meaning that any water that it touches, it will be absorved into the water because of the tendency things have to equilibrate them selves.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I thought that was obvious.
YOU MAD!
>.> it takes skill to come in and somehow restate what everyone said in the dumbest sounding way possible congratulate me...:p

How can Squirtle spit water out of his mouth IRL? He is a turtle, he might spit, but definatly not enough
squirtle can spit water...but it's no where near pressurized enough to deal any damage...

why are we still discussing this matchup?
US already settled this...<.<

justaway12

Smash Master
squirtle can spit water...but it's no where near pressurized enough to deal any damage...

why are we still discussing this matchup?
US already settled this...<.<
♥ Tocador, said it blow the poison spores away ♥
Ivysaur stumpy legs dont arent made to run. They are too short. The only way ivy holds his own on walking is because they are large and fat. They shouldnt even be able to life IRL, so hes is slow. Very slow.
♥ What about Squirtle? He doesn't have gaint legs himself, and what about his shell weighing him down?
♥

tocador

Smash Lord
How can Squirtle spit water out of his mouth IRL? He is a turtle, he might spit, but definatly not enough
Ima give some examples:

Any living thing has water on his body, maybe he can just get the stored water he has in his bone tissue and spit it out.

The air has moisture, maybe he can acumulate the moisture in his mouth in huge chuncks and then spit it out.

He can too have like the bag of water inside him that he refils when he drinks watter, lust like a cammel.

Or he can just to the nearest river and get some in his mouth and spit it.

Of course this are possibilities, and the only one we can right of the bat say its possible is the river one. But in games he is shown spitting water when he wants, meaning he can be like a cammel and store some water on his bone tissues or on his back.

@Sam: Land turtles(tortoises) are the ones with the hardest shell of all the turtles(save soem few exceptions), witch is squirtle case. It is said that a tortoise shell can take up(as in receive a strike, not deal one) 400psi to 500psi, or like, a punch weighting 300 kg.

So yeah, get wrecked.

justaway12

Smash Master
Ima give some examples:

Any living thing has water on his body, maybe he can just get the stored water he has in his bone tissue and spit it out.

The air has moisture, maybe he can acumulate the moisture in his mouth in huge chuncks and then spit it out.
Can a turtle do that IRL?
He can too have like the bag of water inside him that he refils when he drinks watter, lust like a cammel.
How would a turtle bring a ag of water there? He can't just buy it all willy-nilly. Besides, he's a turtle

JOE! said this is a completly neutral enviroment, besides, turtles aren't that fast.

Of course this are possibilities, and the only one we can right of the bat say its possible is the river one. But in games he is shown spitting water when he wants, meaning he can be like a cammel and store some water on his bone tissues or on his back.
But turtles can't do that.

@Sam: Land turtles(tortoises) are the ones with the hardest shell of all the turtles(save soem few exceptions), witch is squirtle case. It is said that a tortoise shell can hand up to 400psi to 500psi, or like, a punch weighting 300 kg.

So yeah, get wrecked.
How do you know he is a land turtle? Just so I know, he seems too small for one

Sieguest

Smash Master
♥ Tocador, said it blow the poison spores away ♥

Unless squirtle magically becomes a high pressure water cannon...he's not moving anything...

diffusion is win...

♥ What about Squirtle? He doesn't have gaint legs himself, and what about his shell weighing him down? ♥[/B]
Don't know who you quoted who said that...but I'll agree with you...

Squirtle is top-heavy (to be precise: back heavy) any force to his chest is going to topple him...

Ivysaur can run- despite how short it's legs look...look at a rhino- they run fast and they have a similar leg structure to Ivysaur

Ima give some examples:

@Sam: Land turtles(tortoises) are the ones with the hardest shell of all the turtles(save soem few exceptions), witch is squirtle case. It is said that a tortoise shell can hand up to 400psi to 500psi, or like, a punch weighting 300 kg.

So yeah, get wrecked.
.........that's all water.....problems with this...

1.No pressure- IRL squirtle has no means to pressurize the water enough to eject it with enough force to even think of "moving the poison"

2. Diffusion- the poison spreads through diffusion...even if squirtle somehow manages to "move" the poison it'll eventually cover that area anyway...

3.Have you ever seen a land turtle shell ram anyone?
To acquire that much power- the turtle must be going at a certain speed...

Force=massxspeed

Squirtle's shell is not that big...so he couldn't come up with as much power as some larger land turtles...

tocador

Smash Lord
People cant seem to understand. The spores have little to none water in their structure, meaning that if they enter in contact with water its toxins will go to the water by osmose leaving the air ok to breath.

Squirtle isnt going to kock people with the shell, jeez, learn to read. The shell can take a punch with 300kg of force and still be ok. Thats what i meant.

Can a turtle do that IRL?

Yes

How would a turtle bring a ag of water there? He can't just buy it all willy-nilly. Besides, he's a turtle

Turtles are living things, they can store water.

JOE! said this is a completly neutral enviroment, besides, turtles aren't that fast.

Faster then ivysaur if you want to say that. And neutral enviroments mean it can be anywhere, and anywhere ahs water.

But turtles can't do that.

And since when animals have giant bulbs that can shoot spores from it? Squirtles can spit because their mouth structure allows them. Squirtle is a little diferent because he has a bigger mouth and a human'ish jaw, meaning he should be able to do this with ease.

How do you know he is a land turtle? Just so I know, he seems too small for one
Because he is a turtle, that dosent live in the water.

Sieguest

Smash Master
People cant seem to understand. The spores have little to none water in their structure, meaning that if they enter in contact with water its toxins will go to the water by osmose leaving the air ok to breath.

Squirtle isnt going to kock people with the shell, jeez, learn to read. The shell can take a punch with 300kg of force and still be ok. Thats what i meant.
jeez learn to type...that's not what your post said about the force...<.<

Plus due to squirtle not having enough pressure...he's only covering a small amount of the air...

tocador

Smash Lord
jeez learn to type...that's not what your post said about the force...<.<

Plus due to squirtle not having enough pressure...he's only covering a small amount of the air...
Yes i wrote what i meant. I wrote that a tortoise shell is hard enough to handle 500psi agaisnt it. You are the one misreading it.

And your second sentence dosent make alot of sense.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yes i wrote what i meant. I wrote that a tortoise shell is hard enough to handle 500psi agaisnt it. You are the one misreading it.

And your second sentence dosent make alot of sense.
...........squirtle can't pressurize his water enough to eject it with a lot of force....in other words...the water is not going to far in front him if not dropping half a foot in front of him...

Ivysaur's poison is ubiquitous...it'll be everywhere the whole square feet other than that half a foot...the water is useless in that sense...

^this sounds like the turtle is dealing the force...not taking it...

tocador

Smash Lord
[/color][/b]

Unless squirtle magically becomes a high pressure water cannon...he's not moving anything...
I explained this while responding to the pink guy.

diffusion is win...
Spores dont travel by difusion where did you get that lousy info? Difusion is when a solute travels because of a fluid. The air is not a liquid, its gas, meaning you cant have "spore difusion" with it.

Don't know who you quoted who said that...but I'll agree with you...

Squirtle is top-heavy (to be precise: back heavy) any force to his chest is going to topple him...

Ivysaur can run- despite how short it's legs look...look at a rhino- they run fast and they have a similar leg structure to Ivysaur
No, if you want proportions, rhinos legs are 1/4 his size. Whereas ivy's are 1/6. Not even close. Plus they dont have the shape of a cilinder, they are large at top, and get thinner at the toes.

.........that's all water.....problems with this...

1.No pressure- IRL squirtle has no means to pressurize the water enough to eject it with enough force to even think of "moving the poison"
You dont eject, you spit. And you dont move the poison, as soon as the poison makes contact with the water, it automaticalys enters the watter leaving the air(by difusion or osmose).

2. Diffusion- the poison spreads through diffusion...even if squirtle somehow manages to "move" the poison it'll eventually cover that area anyway...
No the poison dont spread thorugh diffusion, get your sources up, you are wrong. There is no difusions with Solid on gas.

3.Have you ever seen a land turtle shell ram anyone?
To acquire that much power- the turtle must be going at a certain speed...
He isnt ramming anyone with shell.

Force=massxspeed

Squirtle's shell is not that big...so he couldn't come up with as much power as some larger land turtles...
Power is determined by mass x acceleration, not speed. You dont need to be moving fast to punch/kick someone.

Edit: Ok ima edit it later, but what i meant is that it can take up a hit with that strength.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Spores dont travel by difusion where did you get that lousy info? Difusion is when a solute travels because of a fluid. The air is not a liquid, its gas, meaning you cant have "spore difusion" with it.

Diffusion is a solute traveling through a fluid, not a liquid. Gas and liquids are both fluids. Therefore diffusion in the air is perfectly possible. His information was not lousy.

You dont eject, you spit. And you dont move the poison, as soon as the poison makes contact with the water, it automaticalys enters the watter leaving the air(by difusion or osmose).

I dont get where you are pulling this from. You dont know what kind of poison it is or how it is affected by water, unless it is explained in Pokemon Games, which I am not aware of. Where are you getting this info from

No the poison dont spread thorugh diffusion, get your sources up, you are wrong. There is no difusions with Solid on gas.

Gas = fluid = diffusion possible. I already explained that.

Power is determined by mass x acceleration, not speed. You dont need to be moving fast to punch/kick someone.

That is force (same thing basically, but I like being technical). Plus you just contradicted your whole "Ivysaur cant fight cus he's slow" since you just stated you dont have to be fast to hurt someone

I <3 this thread

Sieguest

Smash Master
I explained this while responding to the pink guy.

dude learn your terms...things don't always diffuse through liquids...diffusion is the spread of a material through a medium to a point of equilibrium, the air in this case is the medium >.>

gases diffuse until a point of equilibrium...how do you think you smell something in the air...diffusion...if you're closer to the source the smell is stronger...when you are further away it's not as strong...we explained this concept in the ICs vs Olimar topic..and I would expect they deliver poison the same way Ivysaur does...

No, if you want proportions, rhinos legs are 1/4 his size. Whereas ivy's are 1/6. Not even close. Plus they dont have the shape of a cilinder, they are large at top, and get thinner at the toes.
You still have the basic necessities for movement...legs...Ivysaur can cover distance through strides...and it can move faster than squirtle

once again...if you just spit it's getting nowhere...the poison is ubiqutious...everywhere...hitting one little spot won't save squirtle...waste of water...

Retake chemistry son...

squirtle definitely won't have the acceleration to hurt anything......

Edit: Ok ima edit it later, but what i meant is that it can take up a hit with that strength.
That's the shell though...ivysaur can still land a chest shot and render squirtle defenseless

JOE!

Smash Hero
[/color][/b]

NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

okie-dokie, i had the epic argument with Dryn about this last time Ivysaur was up.

Animals like Rhinos and Hippos run fast BECAUS ETHEY ARE TREMENDOUS IN STATURE

this means that even with their stubby legs, their pace can cover like 12ft in a stride, making them go very fast

shrink them to ivysaur's size however, and theyre slow as crap

Top Bottom