• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
i think what justaway is saying is snake would have to hold the switch on the entire time, not throw it while its on. now if it does have a switch then throwing it becomes an option. and then again i question the strength of the taser and can it paralyze DK long enough for snake to get the kill with blade.

tocador

Smash Lord
LEts say snake miss, what then? He dies.

Sure the chances of him missing arent really high, but a flashbang, or a raging dk face-****** him can sure make him miss.

Plus, in his games Snake dont usually throws knife, meaning we dont know if he have or havent knife throwing training.

Sieguest

Smash Master
quick correction...

A FLASHBANG DOES NOT USE SMOKE FOR THE LAST TIME!
A flash of light...

Smoke Grenade=/= flashbang....

:) thank you

justaway12

Smash Master

This is the sword, Snake can't kill Donkey Kong unless he gets hit by the shiny part, why would the taser hit him, if Snake is standing that far how far would it penetrate DK's thick skin.

WAIT! why the hell are we assosiating it with a taser if it doesn't the taser AT ALL in the op? It has the same power as a stun gun, but I'm pretty sure that helps him

Nova9000

Smash Lord
doesnt matter how big he is; he can run away with the knife, remove it, and then what does snake do?

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I started out voting for Snake, but after all this Donkey Kong would destroy. Those muscles are so big, if the knife hits them it will bounce off. Well not literally, but they would barely pierce. Also superstar said that the knife was like 70% shiny, not even close.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
and once again i bring up: 1. how can you hold the taser on if hes using it as a projectile? 2. if he gets hit, DK can run to safety and remove it; then what? 3. u think a knife can take down a gorilla w/o any resistance on DK's part? if the taser can stun humans i doubt it will be as effective against a gorilla, seeing as if it were that potent it would kill a human.

tocador

Smash Lord
A stunning weapon to a human, may only tickle donker kong.

If it dosent say its strenght, we can just tell its useless agaisnt DK, as it was designed for humans and not Super-powerfull monkeys.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
well my arguement was based off the description as well. i know tasers can kill humans, but it takes a lot of unnecessary force for that to happen. and then i imagine how much extra force is needed to take down a gorilla, pending how he's on a rampage.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Nova: It is an instant kill in games, but the description leads me to belive not, how powerful is a stun gun?

@SuperStar21: There is no proof of anything, I meant a switch that activates as you hold it, I doubt it's on forever as it would have to recharge. Oh and Snake is too weak for a gorilla.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
First we have no proof you have to hold down any kind of switch and for IE no ones muscles can stop a knife.
and you have none proving that you can switch it on. all i could find online were taser gun pics and all of them have a switch that has to be held to keep it on. and i would think as a safety precaution there would be a switch to hold while using; the last thing snake wants to do is drop the taser in his hands. and i'm aware no muscle can stop a knife. i'm sayin between DK's skin, muscle toughness, and adrenline he's not feeling much of the pain as a normal human would let alone dying from it.

tocador

Smash Lord
The Taser doesnt have to kill it is supposed to stun so Snake can kill him.
In the games it does not provide any proof that it can stun a monkey, that would need a much more powerfull charge, prolly more a knife can handle.

Meaning the most it can do is cause pain and slow DK a bit, but then, with no knife the fight is lost to snake.

Snake biggest bet here is to try a melee combat with the knife, as if he can score some hits, the stung gun will then have a effect over a tired DK.

The question as you said is how powerful is stun and the only thing we have to go by is the game which in the game is an instant kill so therefore what is the argument?
Any knife that can produce even a mini-shock insta kills. Chocking any vital organs can lead to death, thats why it kills.

Plus it usually insta because in games snake always go for the neck or heart.

UncleSam

Smash Master
wikipedia said:
Stun

A stun grenade is a nonlethal weapon, similar in many respects to a true grenade. It is also called a flashbang grenade, a bang grenade, or a Flash and Noise Diversionary Device (FNDD). The first devices of this type were created in the 1960s at the behest of the British Special Air Service as an incapacitant.
Stun grenades are used to confuse, disorient, or distract a potential threat. A stun grenade can seriously degrade the combat effectiveness of affected personnel for up to a minute. One example is the M84 stun grenade, which produces a blinding (6-8 million Candela) flash and deafening (170-180 dB SPL) blast. This grenade can be used to incapacitate people, generally without causing serious injury.
The flash of light momentarily activates all photosensitive cells in the retina, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds until the eye restores the retina to its original, unstimulated state. Subjects affected by flashbangs describe seeing a single frame for the five seconds (as if their vision was "paused") until it fades and normal sight returns (some modern video games that simulate combat—typically the "first person shooter" genre—include this effect). This is because the sensory cells which have been activated continue sending the same information to the brain until they are restored to their resting state, and the brain translates this continuous information into the same image. The incredibly loud blast emitted by the grenade contributes to its incapacitating properties by disturbing the fluid in the semicircular canals of the ear.
When detonated, the fuse/grenade body assembly remains intact and produces no fragmentation. The body is a steel hexagonal tube with holes along the sides which allow a blast of light and sound to be emitted. This is done to prevent injury from shrapnel but it is still possible to receive a burn, and injuries resulting from the concussive properties of the detonation sometimes occur, the intense heat created by the flashbang can also ignite flammable materials such as fuel or certain fabrics. The fires that occurred during the Iranian Embassy Siege in London were caused by stun grenades. The filler consists of about 4.5 grams of a pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of magnesium or aluminium and an oxidizer such as ammonium perchlorate or potassium perchlorate.
exactly what the flash bang grenade does.
read up.
taser coming soon

justaway12

Smash Master
It is as powerful as a stun gun stun wise but you also have to go with the huge hole the knife would make when it hit DK in the neck and along with the stun of the knife, DK continues to lose more strength due to the loss of bllod.
The knife part can't even kill regular soliders and what are that chances of hitting his neck when he will be running around?

@UncleSam: I thought we covered all that? We kniw one hit = death for both... or what Tocador said.

tocador

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure if he can kill all the villians in his game with one hit he can kill a stupid monkey. The question is if the weapon can pierce muscle and therefore Snake wins.

What is to say Snake didnt hit DK in the neck or heart.
You do know that Gorilas have like, 3 to 4 times the muscles/mass weight of humans right? You do know that more weight = more resistant to shocks and suck right? You do know it could "stun" people with a simples non lethal shock, so thats why the stun stuns not kills.

You are completly wrong if you think knocking down a human its the same of knocking down a monkey.

The knife should have about, 10-100 ma(milli amperes) wich is the usual to knock out or kill a human, if the current goes throught the heart.

To knock down a 200KG gorila(not that heavy) you need at least 200 ma.

So going by logic it shouldnt kill DK with a shock.

UncleSam

Smash Master
The knife part can't even kill regular soliders and what are that chances of hitting his neck when he will be running around?

@UncleSam: I thought we covered all that? We kniw one hit = death for both... or what Tocador said.
the stun grenade does not deal shrapnel damage like a regular grenade does, it blinds a preson for 5 seconds and leaves their ears ringing for a while, it could disorient somebody.
also, if you are too close it can ignite flammable objects.
snake can use it to light DK on fire.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
The knife will be the finishing blow, used to pierce DK's heart, neck, head, etc. Snake will be using the grenade to "stun" DK and get that hit. The knife itself shouldn't be able to utterly and completely stun DK and enable Snake to safely approach.

tocador

Smash Lord
This is how i see the match:

DK trys to go bersek on snake, whereas snake, the master of hidding(not when im playing MGS4 tho, i suck at this, rambo ftw) trys to lurk for that perfect oportunity of launching the flash bang and they going for the finishing blow with the knife.

Problems is, monkeys can sure climb trees, and have good smelling capacitys, so is DK able to find snake before he can set up the trap? And can DK hide in trees, and he make the set up for the trap?

Ima go neutral on this one, so you guys discuss what happen.

justaway12

Smash Master

the stun grenade does not deal shrapnel damage like a regular grenade does

I was talking about the knife

it blinds a preson for 5 seconds and leaves their ears ringing for a while, it could disorient somebody.
And during that time, wouldn't Donkey Kong see it as an attack and run away blindly? Remeber he this is practically a completely empty place so he go anywhere

also, if you are too close it can ignite flammable objects.
snake can use it to light DK on fire.
I don't recall saying anything about lighting flammable objects, besides he isn't allowed a match xD

@Tocador: I suggested using stages with JOE! but now I imagine it practically a completly empty wasteland with nothing in it

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So Snake will not get a SOCOM then.

Tell me, how is snake supposed to stop a 450 lb gorilla and stab him in his neck after flashbanging it?

When said gorilla is probably running away in confusion....at almost twice the speed of a human?

Top Bottom