• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
I would think you would get disoriented and move about, I'm not really sure what happen.
But would you flail wildly?

I don't think they are that intelligent, I always thought react violently to a threat.
But....all a flashbang is a light and loud noise- It's just like you falling into a pitch-black room and me turning on a fire alarm...execpt for many times worse...

How long would that take?
No more than a minute and half of being completely blind and deaf......
reorientating himself...Iunno 10 seconds?

In a battle A minute in a half in a hindered state is no spot to be in, especially if it's snake...

I don't know, I'm just giving an option he could use, If he senses a threat, I would imagine he would try to find it
Then he'll be randomly going somewhere....or to be intelligent, where he last saw snake...

It's not really BS, come now you don't think gorillas can handle more than humans?
This many not have anything to do with the tranquillizers but read
A taser is not a tranquilzer..........
A taser delivers a shock to the victim....

I don't see how a gorilla has more resistance to electricity,

In a fire they burn...
In water(if they can't swim) they drown...
hit by lightning-they get shocked...

And I doubt snake carries a low voltage taser......
I'll look up something...

Gorillas =/= humans
As far as I'm concerend Gorillas are hairier, faster and stronger than us...maybe as intelligent as us in some instances

But I don't see them being anymore resistant to the elements than us...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
But even if snake gets the flashbang off and manages to strike DK with the taser, i don't think it would kill him. plus it involves snake getting close to DK, which alleviates the prob DK has of approaching. and you can be blind and deaf but still feel touch, so the moment snake strikes, DK gets injured, DK grabs snake, raging gorilla's fist meets the body of snake, and body parts are broken on snake, resulting in a injured DK winning.

Sieguest

Smash Master
But even if snake gets the flashbang off and manages to strike DK with the taser, i don't think it would kill him. plus it involves snake getting close to DK, which alleviates the prob DK has of approaching. and you can be blind and deaf but still feel touch, so the moment snake strikes, DK gets injured, DK grabs snake, raging gorilla's fist meets the body of snake, and body parts are broken on snake, resulting in a injured DK winning.
Who Said Snake had to use the taser part of his knife...

A stab to a critical part on DK will severely injure DK making a lot of what makes the simian powerful, hampered...

Plus the taser is not a blow off- electricity is power...there are tasers strong enough to kill

justaway12

Smash Master
But would you flail wildly?
A gorilla might. They might see it as an attack aand not think rationally

But....all a flashbang is a light and loud noise- It's just like you falling into a pitch-black room and me turning on a fire alarm...execpt for many times worse...
The surprise of it would would scare him, as I said before he might take it as a threat and go crazy.

No more than a minute and half of being completely blind and deaf......
reorientating himself...Iunno 10 seconds?

In a battle A minute in a half in a hindered state is no spot to be in, especially if it's snake...
I feel I answered the blind thing well and reorientating your self won't leave you in a completely dangerous position if you already attack around you. I belive he would get some space between him and Snake

Then he'll be randomly going somewhere....or to be intelligent, where he last saw snake...

In the fury I would imagine he will be in, I don't think it matters

A taser is not a tranquilzer..........
A taser delivers a shock to the victim....

I don't see how a gorilla has more resistance to electricity,

In a fire they burn...
In water(if they can't swim) they drown...
hit by lightning-they get shocked...

And I doubt snake carries a low voltage taser......
I'll look up something...
That's not the point, Gorillas handle things differently to us, that's all, you can't say just because it works on a human it doesn't work on animals.

As far as I'm concerend Gorillas are hairier, faster and stronger than us...maybe as intelligent as us in some instances

But I don't see them being anymore resistant to the elements than us...
Then we should have been able to handle that tranquilizer dart just fine right? And I don't think smarter than us, but very intelligent, I think I read somewhere that they can be tought sign language

Sieguest

Smash Master
A gorilla might. They might see it as an attack aand not think rationally
Then they aren't so intelligent now are they...

The surprise of it would would scare him, as I said before he might take it as a threat and go crazy.
Flailing wildly is not a great defense...DK only has two arms...
to attack all around him he's going 360 degrees on ONE plane

Snake can watch and pick an attack on an infinite amount of Planes around DK...flailing is just leaving yourself open to get hurt....or perhaps hurting yourself

I feel I answered the blind thing well and reorientating your self won't leave you in a completely dangerous position if you already attack around you. I belive he would get some space between him and Snake
And snake has a taser which leads to the question I'll ask later

In the fury I would imagine he will be in, I don't think it matters
It does matter...DK can't attack all areas in his immediate area...plus since we brought intelligence into the discussion

Snake is a genius he knows many ways to be creative and take out DK....
I might think of something for the taser as soon as I get a chance to look it up...

That's not the point, Gorillas handle things differently to us, that's all, you can't say just because it works on a human it doesn't work on animals.
Sounds like what it was to me...
So Gorilla's have a totally different reaction to an electric shock than us? Is that what you're saying...I don't see how..but I'll go with it...so I'll ask this...

How many volts do you think a Gorilla could take before it's endangered?

Then we should have been able to handle that tranquilizer dart just fine right? And I don't think smarter than us, but very intelligent, I think I read somewhere that they can be tought sign language
tha't out of context...

Drugs are something due to injection...Gorilla's are thick so...naturally it has only a temporary drowsy effect on a Gorilla

Electricity is powerful on contact...circulating all throughout your body in seconds regardless of physical build...

justaway12

Smash Master
Then they aren't so intelligent now are they...

Not as intelligent as a human, but why would anyone think rationally in that postion?

Flailing wildly is not a great defense...DK only has two arms...
to attack all around him he's going 360 degrees on ONE plane

Snake can watch and pick an attack on an infinite amount of Planes around DK...flailing is just leaving yourself open to get hurt....or perhaps hurting yourself

Not flail like move around and act all crazy, attacking a everything.

And snake has a taser which leads to the question I'll ask later
I alread asked questions, I'll understand if you can't answer them.

I already asked some questions for it like
It does matter...DK can't attack all areas in his immediate area...plus since we brought intelligence into the discussion

Snake is a genius he knows many ways to be creative and take out DK....
I might think of something for the taser as soon as I get a chance to look it up...
I didn't mean just flailing his arms, I meant going crazy and running around and all that, snake is going to have to be careful if he doesn't who knows what could happen, obviously he can't just run in there.

And I never brought up intelligence. Just sayin'

Sounds like what it was to me...
So Gorilla's have a totally different reaction to an electric shock than us? Is that what you're saying...I don't see how..but I'll go with it...so I'll ask this...

How many volts do you think a Gorilla could take before it's endangered?
Not a MAJOR different reaction, also a different affect, and it depends on how many volts the taser has like I said, I'm TRYING to find out how many it actually does take.And I don't think "endangered" was the right word... unless he's fighting all the gorillas in the world

tha't out of context...

Drugs are something due to injection...Gorilla's are thick so...naturally it has only a temporary drowsy effect on a Gorilla

Electricity is powerful on contact...circulating all throughout your body in seconds regardless of physical build...
I'm trying to find out how much he takes, anyway if it's a normal taser it won't kill him, I don't even think it kills humans (Regular ones anyway) which contridicts it's description.

TBH, I'm not interested in this match-up, hopefully we can move to a new one soon

Sieguest

Smash Master
Pretty sure Gorilla resistance>Humans.
why so? there is no gorilla factor saying...Gorilla's have more resistance than humans...if so how? thicker skin...that won't help...too much
v

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_weapon
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/03/18/f-taser-faq.html

@justaway12-multiple shocks kill...
just in regular law enforcement multiple shocks are considered excessive, so it's not done...except for in some cases of Taser abuse...

and there have been cases of supposed "non-lethal" tasers killing...

and it's not about thinking rationally....
it's about instinctual reactions...
a response to a certain stimuli...

UncleSam

Smash Master
Pretty sure Gorilla resistance>Humans.
gorillas have thick skin I believe, and so is their fur

EDIT: @mathage true there have been many cases of taser abuse/death
a hit to prone areas with the taser (brain/spine/heart/ect.) could shut DK down

justaway12

Smash Master
@justaway12-multiple shocks kill...
just in regular law enforcement multiple shocks are considered excessive, so it's not done...except for in some cases of Taser abuse...

and there have been cases of supposed "non-lethal" tasers killing...
Kk, you proved your point but he would still think it would be troublesome to get close.

and it's not about thinking rationally....
it's about instinctual reactions...
a response to a certain stimuli...
Most probably scream and go crazy, if thinks it's an attack wouldn't he just get shocked and go crazy.

On a completly different note, I'm still for that stage idea

No Items
Final destination
Fox Only!

Sieguest

Smash Master
Kk, you proved your point but he would still think it would be troublesome to get close.
I wouldn't think it troublesome if a taser can hit from 10.6 meters :p

Most probably scream and go crazy, if thinks it's an attack wouldn't he just get shocked and go crazy.
they can't really go crazy- the taser shocks at voltage that basically causes involuntary muscle contraction...so the victim is left incapacitated...

On a completly different note, I'm still for that stage idea

No Items
Final destination
Fox Only!
agrees...it truly tests the abilities of a fighter to truly be DEADLIEST! :p

justaway12

Smash Master
I wouldn't think it troublesome if a taser can hit from 10.6 meters :p
Watch a video of his taser, it only affects what people who are stabbed b it

they can't really go crazy- the taser shocks at voltage that basically causes involuntary muscle contraction...so the victim is left incapacitated...
I was talking about the flash grenade, perhaps I didn't make it clear.

agrees...it truly tests the abilities of a fighter to truly be DEADLIEST! :p
Iknorite?!

mentally and physically you go into shock, when you get electrocuted you really can't react if you are in a state of shock
If you're talking about the taser. I wasn't

Sieguest

Smash Master
Watch a video of his taser, it only affects what people who are stabbed b it
I know...the probe can be fired up to a distance of 10.6 meters...

what you see on some law enforcement items is a function called
"drive stun" (something like that it's in one of the links I posted)
that works like an EMD device on close contact...but that's not meant to incapacitate but only for "pain compliance"

The taser is use on an overly aggressive suspect..

Oh wait...read edit2...

I was talking about the flash grenade, perhaps I didn't make it clear.
Oh...okay! :p

Iknorite?!
trufax

If you're talking about the taser. I wasn't
O I C

EDIT: my apologies I checked my links to get an accurate name and it seems one of my links is off..
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/03/18/f-taser-faq.html
*goes to replace original link*
that should work

EDIT2: Oh wait Now I see what you're saying...
Snake's taser doesn't have a projectile probe! Is that what you're saying?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Who Said Snake had to use the taser part of his knife...

A stab to a critical part on DK will severely injure DK making a lot of what makes the simian powerful, hampered...

Plus the taser is not a blow off- electricity is power...there are tasers strong enough to kill
so i'm assuming you're referring to the face because i dont see any other part of a gorilla being made hampered enough that he can't react to punish snake. and if he's already flailing i doubt snake has an ample opportunity to get inside to make such a move. and DK is no dummy; if he's blinded i'm sure he knows to run away. and gorillas outrun humans so he could run away and wait for the effects to wear off from the flashbang and get back to snake hunting.

justaway12

Smash Master
I know...the probe can be fired up to a distance of 10.6 meters...

what you see on some law enforcement items is a function called
"drive stun" (something like that it's in one of the links I posted)
that works like an EMD device on close contact...but that's not meant to incapacitate but only for "pain compliance"

The taser is use on an overly aggressive suspect..

I'm dumb and don't know whaat you''re talking about but this is the description for snakes taser.

Stun Knife - Blade on one side, tazer on the other from the OMG metal gear forum

Also that means he can't taser his heart right?

Sieguest

Smash Master
so i'm assuming you're referring to the face because i dont see any other part of a gorilla being made hampered enough that he can't react to punish snake. and if he's already flailing i doubt snake has an ample opportunity to get inside to make such a move. and DK is no dummy; if he's blinded i'm sure he knows to run away. and gorillas outrun humans so he could run away and wait for the effects to wear off from the flashbang and get back to snake hunting.
That's what you get for assuming...wrong answer...what direction will DK know to go go...HE CAN'T SEE!!! going off in some random direction is even more dangerous that just staying put and swinging wildly...
I'm dumb and don't know whaat you''re talking about but this is the description for snakes taser.

Stun Knife - Blade on one side, tazer on the other from the OMG metal gear forum

Also that means he can't taser his heart right?
Alright so can he fire the probe in the taser?

at first I wasn't clear on what you said earlier but then it clicked...but I'm still sorta confused..

lol taser quickfax :p

justaway12

Smash Master
That's what you get for assuming...wrong answer...what direction will DK know to go go...HE CAN'T SEE!!! going off in some random direction is even more dangerous that just staying put and swinging wildly...
Where he see the grenade come from maybe?
Alright so can he fire the probe in the taser?

at first I wasn't clear on what you said earlier but then it clicked...but I'm still sorta confused..

lol taser quickfax :p
He can only come in contact with people, it wouldn't be as fast as a stab since he would have to adjust his arm in an awkward position

Sieguest

Smash Master
Where he see the grenade come from maybe?
That would assume forknowledge of the flashbang...

Also since flashbangs go off on contac with the ground...a hard chunk right in front of DK or even a little ways in front of DK will suffice...

He can only come in contact with people, it wouldn't be as fast as a stab since he would have to adjust his arm in an awkward position
With the Taser snake could hit anywhere and get what needs to be done...
due to the Taser's effects..

Snake could multi-shock DK into submission or shock a few times until DK is incapacitated and then finish him...

If DK is under the influence of the Flashbang snake has time to pick and choose the choice entrance...

All it takes is one..

justaway12

Smash Master
That would assume forknowledge of the flashbang...

Also since flashbangs go off on contac with the ground...a hard chunk right in front of DK or even a little ways in front of DK will suffice...
If it's infront of him, he would run the other way, If it's not he would run somewhere else

With the Taser snake could hit anywhere and get what needs to be done...
due to the Taser's effects..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIXPJvyo-VU, It not a taser, it's a knife, there is a taser but it doesn't work like that.

LRN2MGS4 Pl0x :p

If DK is under the influence of the Flashbang snake has time to pick and choose the choice entrance...
He would run anyway the moment it's activeated, why wouldn't he? It's pretty shocking. (the flash grenade that is)

All it takes is one..
I could say the same for Donkey Kong

Sieguest

Smash Master
If it's infront of him, he would run the other way, If it's not he would run somewhere else
Once again- it goes off on contact! There is no time to run...>.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIXPJvyo-VU, It not a taser, it's a knife, there is a taser but it doesn't work like that.

LRN2MGS4 Pl0x :p
Tasers are tasers...
I don't get what your saying...if he uses the Taser side of the knife...then wouldn't that be getting hit by a taser?

The effects are the same...

He would run anyway the moment it's activeated, why wouldn't he? It's pretty shocking. (the flash grenade that is)
DK is not an "insta recover" creature if he's caught off guard when the flashbang goes off and is skewed...then there is no sense of direction...he can't see, he can't hear, he's disorientated...it's more dangerous for him to try and run somewhere....that's what gets people killed in war...

I could say the same for Donkey Kong
but look who has the situation advantage...

justaway12

Smash Master
Once again- it goes off on contact! There is no time to run...>.>
It suddenly stops his feet? I meant running the other way with poor eyesight, since this is practically an empty land, he shouldn't have a problem
Tasers are tasers...
I don't get what your saying...if he uses the Taser side of the knife...then wouldn't that be getting hit by a taser?

The effects are the same...
But they won't go as far

DK is not an "insta recover" creature if he's caught off guard when the flashbang goes off and is skewed...then there is no sense of direction...he can't see, he can't hear, he's disorientated...it's more dangerous for him to try and run somewhere....that's what gets people killed in war...
Snake would be standing next to him, it takes a few minutes to realise he is in trouble and turn around, people get killed in war by other people or the enviroment around them, or them being not as fast as that solider, or if the enemy has a gun.

Wait since he is using something MGS4 does that mean he is an old man?

JOE!

Smash Hero
huh, i assumed the stun knife used teh blade as a conduit for the shock....

anywho, from that vid it seems teh taser is plenty strong, dropping a guy as big as snake with one TAP

now, what could he do to Dk if he is stunned, and perhaps, cuts him open and gives a prolonged shock?

justaway12

Smash Master
First of all JOE! I think it was suggested earliear to give give a stage for each round, it can be random or whatever, but I think it would be fun.

Anyway, yes IF he get hit he is dead, same with Snake

justaway12

Smash Master
When the smoke goes up Snake throws the knife and it hits DK. DK wont have time to deflect or run because no matter what he will be confused for at least a second which means he will be stunned and there fore killed.

If he does that he won't have a weapon :/, and there is a chance he would miss since I know he wouldn't do anything, despite being a big target, he would probably run away

JOE!

Smash Hero
theres no smoke in a flash bang, its a very bright light and a huge noise

DK will also probably think it's a rock

Nova9000

Smash Lord
regardless, DK isnt doing to die off a thrown knife. that is where snake fails at and after the flashbang ends snake is done.

justaway12

Smash Master
And as I said, I doubt it's always on, he probably has a switch, oh and about the Cameo suit, where would he hide, this is probably an extremly neutral place.

Oh and JOE! answer my stage question please

Top Bottom