• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
I know how big Velociraptors are, but Yoshi's a significantly larger one.

Also, Marthage, If Kirby has any shot of beating Yoshi with a sword, then MK should've beaten Pikachu easily.
Pikachu won because unlike Pichu, Pikachu has much better control over it's electricity...the same mobility factors that I just discussed for kirby affected Meta-Knight...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Just to show you how much a lizard can stuff inside it's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywjn9hhz8Oc

And if Yoshi has an extendable body, then him quickly getting a hold of Kirby and eating him is entirely possible.
They weren't even completely in it's mouth...
and the commentater even said

"he can't eat all that"

EDIT: @other vid...
if Yoshi was a salamander...same family, but different species

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Those were two mantises and one small lizard and it could still get a hold of a good part of their bodies, now get a 5 foot lizard with elastic cheeks and body and one fairly small ball and you got yourself insta death for kirby.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
WHOA!

The first hundred pages took quite some time to acquire. The second hundred took a little time to get at, but it felt like no more than two weeks at the most. Now I've blinked and it has 300 pages!? What the heck happened?!

Does Kirby have a sword still? Does he have arms or elbows now?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8139518&postcount=4559

♥ Sorry about the fighting thing, but is that really realistic with his stature? Since he floats by holding his breath, he should be light and weak, and I'm not sure if JOE! allowed this or not, but, realistically he wouldn't be able to walk without any support any support, and since his feet are so big he would be tripping over himself every secod, at best he would VERY slow person only able to walk unless he wants to be tripping over every step... unless JOE! allows Kirby the abilty to walk. ♥
Eh, the no leg talk. I guess it would be very hard to move with no legs. Why don't just have Kirby Ball Kirby so he can move and attack in ball form if that was allowed, lol. No characters in Dreamland defies the laws of physics I'm afraid. Also thanks for the link, and I wish I would had saw it before I posted.

tis not realistic...at least to change copy abilities at will

why?
I'm going to eat someone and randomly change persona upon ingestion...
^is that real...I highly doubt I'll see bugzzy coming down the street anytime soon...

To be truly realistic...
Kirby has no knees...so his mobility is limited...because
1.His only method of ground locomotion is by contorting his body side to side (in real world physics) this is dreadfully slow...
2.Without knee's he has little thrust to put himself into the air...Kirby would have to expend a large amount of energy to get in the air...and eventually he'll have to breath...

His stub hands disallow him from gripping objects...effectively
"What about wrapping his hand around it?"
^true, but considering the force with which kirby would need to swing it to be of any use, it'd get loose in his grip...

^this was the original reason why MK vs Kirby was a draw...because MK suffered from the same problem...

then JOE! decided to give them some leeway on physics....<.<

If Kirby has his sword and some mobility-then Kirby has this...he can keep yoshi at bay at the tip

Without any copy ability-kirby is toast...now my question here is, shouldn't kirby have a copy ability that he comes in with, that's how he gets the job done...(other than sliding but sliding only goes so far....:p) if so, which one?
The reason why Meta Knight won because I didn't know there was a re-debate and I wasn't there to rep Kirby. =P

Without copy ability Kirby would have to eat something and spit it out, use air bulits, or his slide attack. Thats if Kirby doesn't at least have Fighter Kirby in this fight and is able to walk because people say he can't, I mean Figher Kirby is one of the most normal abilities that have in real life. =/

Sieguest

Smash Master
WHOA!

The first hundred pages took quite some time to acquire. The second hundred took a little time to get at, but it felt like no more than two weeks at the most. Now I've blinked and it has 300 pages!? What the heck happened?!

Does Kirby have a sword still? Does he have arms or elbows now?
Yeah son! :p

I don't about Kirby having his sword still....

I say he should at least have ONE copy ability...the fight's completely unbalanced without kirby having....one...

eventhough the fight is completely unbalanced with Kirby having mobility in the first place.....<.<

payasofobia

Smash Champion

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
Wow it seems like whenever I leave a page for a few minutes then there are 5 more posts. If Kirby loses his sword then I think Yoshi has this one. Long tail and he's pretty fast, and if I've read a post that was at least 6 pages back then a 3 foot puff-ball is going to have trouble fighting something that's double his size. He might have some trouble fighting with his "arms" so Yoshi w/o Kirby's sword or any other weaponry.

Sieguest

Smash Master
The reason why Meta Knight won because I didn't know there was a re-debate and I wasn't there to rep kirby.
the rematch broke physics...don't know what compelled JOE! to do so...but whatever...no hate for kirby...
going with the flow....<.< kind of....

Without copy ability Kirby would have to eat something and spit it out, use air bulits, or his slide attack. Thats if Kirby doesn't at least have Fighter Kirby in this fight and is able to walk because people say he can't, I mean Figher Kirby is one of the most normal abilities that have in real life. =/
Fighter Kirby?- But he still physically looks the same as kirby- just with a bandana! he still has to deal with no leg syndrome...but...I think JOE! would allow for mobility...else why did he rematch Kirby vs. MK in the first place?

with Kirby's mobility granted-Smash Punch is win...
And the speed of a chameleon's tongue is 5 times that of a jet at full speed.

I will look for more.
Yoshi is not a chameleon either...check his tongue speed in canon-not that fast...
No, he doesn't have a sword
>.>

EDIT: @DB-Smash Punch son...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yoshi is not a chameleon either...check his tongue speed in canon-not that fast...
Realisticaly, for a lizard to catch it's prey properly, it would need to have a fast tongue, otherwise they would not be able to catch their prey.

Also, even human tongues are very fast becuase it is made completely from muscles. So yoshi would have a fast tongue speed either way.

And fighter kirby would suck because of Kirby's weight and soft body. Him hitting yoshi would be like yoshi getting hit by a marshmallow.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Realisticaly, for a lizard to catch it's prey properly, it would need to have a fast tongue, otherwise they would not be able to catch their prey.
Realistically- but yoshi is neither of these lizards...
yes Lizards have fast tongues...but each species is not the same...Yoshi is not structurally built like most other lizards...we could say his tongue his fast...but not as fast as the lizards you just showed in the video.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Just try using your tongue as a lizard's.

Muscles dude, Yoshi's tongue is fast either way, and all bug eating lizards have fast tongues, the differences go from ''I can only see it in slow motion'' to ''if your thighs were a generator they could barely power a light bulb while our reptilian friend would be running two five-ton air conditioning units.''

§leepy God

Smash Master
Is it me or do Dreamland characters suck in real life? I mean they do amazing **** in their games, but in real life they can't perform 1/100 of the things they can do in real life. Aw man, I'm falling for the side of Yoshi now, since Viper doesn't feel like talking, I hope Lovely can help with some thoughts.... whenever she get's back online. >.>

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Just try using your tongue as a lizard's.

Muscles dude, Yoshi's tongue is fast either way, and all bug eating lizards have fast tongues, the differences go from ''I can only see it in slow motion'' to ''if your thighs were a generator they could barely power a light bulb while our reptilian friend would be running two five-ton air conditioning units.''
My thighs officially suck.

justaway12

Smash Master
Eh, the no leg talk. I guess it would be very hard to move with no legs. Why don't just have Kirby Ball Kirby so he can move and attack in ball form if that was allowed, lol. No characters in Dreamland defies the laws of physics I'm afraid. Also thanks for the link, and I wish I would had saw it before I posted.
♥ I'm sorry, I completly missed your post >.<.
I doubt ball Kirby should how is it possible to roll as a ball without a push? Even if they were fighting on a sloped field, he would only have one way to go.
♥

♥ Is his mouth big enough for Yoshi IRL? What's an air built? And as I said before, it's unrealistic using his slide attack, without a running start, or he won't go very far. Before a say anymore, was his slide attack like Melee's dash attack? I think we have to wait for JOE! to say if he can walk, since he is the judge after all. ♥

justaway12

Smash Master
♥ In strength DK > Snake, but I don't see how DK could get close, I'm not really sure TBH, if he only has 1 flash grenade then he could get a chance to attack with the knife, but is that really enough to do someone of DK's calibar? ♥

♥ If Donkey Kong can withstand the initial flash grenade attack, I'm pretty sure he has got this and even with the flash grenade the blow might shock him, I don't think you can get close to a crazy Gorilla easily.
♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Not even the ace Kirby fans can save him on a fight in the real world.... DX

Oh well, at least he rocks in his games.
Because I know when my debate is beat, and it got beat because I couldn't prove that Kirby could win in real life. =/

Anyways, Snake would just blow Donkey Kong's head off with his explosives. Unless Donkey Kong could move fast enough to dodge them all and Snake runs out of ammo.

JOE!

Smash Hero
♥ In strength DK > Snake, but I don't see how DK could get close, I'm not really sure TBH, if he only has 1 flash grenade then he could get a chance to attack with the knife, but is that really enough to do someone of DK's calibar? ♥

remember who snake is

all kidding aside, @ viper:

read the Op to see Snake's weaponary

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Well, it's a little fair with the no guns.

But, it won't be that easy, though.

Even if DK is stunned, he won't just be standing there. He'll be swinging those big gorilla arms every which way.

If Snake manages to avoid his assault and knife him, GG.

If DK gets a punch in, Snake will be down for the count.

justaway12

Smash Master

remember who snake is
♥ lololololo, he wishes even Falcon > Snake lolol.

♥ Anyway, I think DK has the (slight) advantage as it be VERY hard to approach. ♥

Well how fast can a gorilla run? Snake will have to think quick before getting ravaged by a Giant Gorilla.
Very good question. I could not find a definate answer for you, but if I must guess it would be between 20 - 35 kilometres an hour. I guess it's never really been recorded. Gorillas don't run much, they rely more on their chest beating in the hope that whatever is in front of them will run.
♥ Is that fast? I fail at killometers :/
♥

Sieguest

Smash Master
We all know that Kirby in his games is more broken than MK in brawl.....<,<
lol it's like a kirby funeral here....there's gotta be a pic for this online lol! :D

Now we all know that I'm really for snake just because of Snake's skill in hand to hand and his weaponry expertise(lol flashbang)...but I just can't let an MU just die like this so I'm gonna be ******** and go pro DK until someone who is genuinely pro DK comes in.....<.< (It's for the ratings son...) (people post too fast what is this...people leaning towards DKish come out of nowhere......<.< ghetto (it's all about the ratings)

Nao-Things like grenades are deadly, large blast zone....but one must remember the circumstances that our fighters enter the arena under....they have no clue where the opponent is at, they just know they exist...if DK catches snake by surprise then his Simian strength is going to rip Snake in two...

§leepy God

Smash Master
Well how fast can a gorilla run? Snake will have to think quick before getting ravaged by a Giant Gorilla.
Gorilla's are very fast. Pray that there's no trees around when your running. Also Donkey Kong is a great fighter, I mean look at Punch Out for the Wii if you know what I mean. Snake would have to be very statistic when fighting Donkey Kong.

Why can't I steal this font post? It's pretty awesome. D:

Top Bottom