• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
This is Kirby we're talking about. He's not the most intelligent creature on the planet.
Kirby has enough intelligence to know how to work a sword. Yoshi's like a dinosaur and they weren't the brightest of animals.

Small handle=graspable.

Yoshi charges-Kirby points the sword forward
Yoshi goes in the air-Point sword up
Tongue attack-Slash

No advanced swordsmanship needed.
This is everything in a nutshell. The only thing Yoshi can do is use his tongue or throw eggs.

Yoshi can't use eggs since he needs to eat something first. There's nothing to eat . . .
"Tongue attack -Slash"

@Lovely
Samurai's can get off one, very quick slash of the blade, but not multiple in a single second. But then again, Kirby only needs one slash to ward Yoshi away/hit him.

justaway12

Smash Master
As I said before It won't be that hard, since it doesn't look to have a lot of range, it also doesn't look like it would hurt unless someone is really close, beside since he is holding it like that it doesn't look like he could thrust very well.
Besides you think Yoshi would be THAT predictable as to walk infront of a sword

Sieguest

Smash Master
He would be Mario without anything but Super Mario Bros.1

but he would not be the mario we personify him as

So? We can't base him off anything else?
If we did...then think of the way we see mario...
if we based him off sports...then don't you think that in magazines and stuff he'd always have a bat or a tennis ball or some other sport periphinalia

Yet it was still allowed.
Mario isn't mainly about action/adventure there is more to his games, beside when has anything proved or disproved anything in Mario? other than sequels.
That's becasue pro-peach insisted on it....
If mario wasn't all about action adventure...then how come so many of his games fall in that genre!

No, it's still probably over :/

Oh and realistically Kirby still wouldn't have thumbs, I really don't see why you are adding it since it's techinically cheating, but whatever floats your boat I guess

IRL Kirby is incapable of anything...
but JOE! wanted to give him a chance, so he let him move! :D

justaway12

Smash Master
but he would not be the mario we personify him as
Most people identify him as a plumber trying to save Princess Peach, whats wrong with seeing him as a man of many more talents?

If we did...then think of the way we see mario...
if we based him off sports...then don't you think that in magazines and stuff he'd always have a bat or a tennis ball or some other sport periphinalia
I think you're slightly over-reacting just because we are using a few sports equipment doesn't mean we would see Mario (or Luigi) differently.

That's becasue pro-peach insisted on it....
If mario wasn't all about action adventure...then how come so many of his games fall in that genre!
Mainly =/= only, I still think we should be free to use it and TBH with all the sports/party/educational games realeased, I don't think there is a GAINT gap.

IRL Kirby is incapable of anything...
but JOE! wanted to give him a chance, so he let him move! :D
I understand that but I don't think it fair, whatever floats his boat, I guess.

Sieguest

Smash Master
dang so late....T-T

If Kirby is actually able to grip his sword...
(which I believe JOE! is letting him...)

Then I think it's a huge advantage to kirby
if we let kirby wield his sword with the skill in his kirby games...
then Yoshi is definitely going to have a hard time with those sword slashes...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Most people identify him as a plumber trying to save Princess Peach, whats wrong with seeing him as a man of many more talents?
nothing really, his trophy even has him as a man of many talents...but everything we see that has Mario usually has him alone...

I think you're slightly over-reacting just because we are using a few sports equipment doesn't mean we would see Mario (or Luigi) differently.
Just slightly....:p
but...I'm not against using sports equipment...heck I said peach could use a bat...but I'm not convinced of it being canon, if it was...then our personification of mario would have him as an athelete with maybe a glove or something, but he's not...

Mainly =/= only, I still think we should be free to use it and TBH with all the sports/party/educational games realeased, I don't think there is a GAINT gap.
Maybe not-
I'm not against the use of battering untensils like bats...but things like go-carts and bombs are just a no go in my eyes..

I understand that but I don't think it fair, whatever floats his boat, I guess.
>.> You shoulda seen the original MK vs Kirby....physics nerfed them so bad that it was a draw...but then JOE! said that that was BS...so he gave them mobility...:p
Yea, I thought I got rid of you :mad:
Not yet! :D

Back to kirby...
due to kirby having that sword he can work Yoshi to an edge...
any means of Yoshi approaching means that Yoshi has to get past the sword first...

Yoshi could try to use his tongue but he'd be at risk trying to get within his tongue range while kirby is swinging that sword! >.>

justaway12

Smash Master
Just slightly....:p
but...I'm not against using sports equipment...heck I said peach could use a bat...
Exactly Peach used a bat, why can't Luigi use his stuff? And Peach was debated with the go-kart, but the arrows were to much. It

but I'm not convinced of it being canon, if it was...then our personification of mario would have him as an athelete with maybe a glove or something, but he's not...
But we don't, it's part of his games, he should use it, just because we use sports equitment for Mario doesn't mean that he would change in anyway, and TBH he doesn't get a lot of real life items >.>.

Maybe not-
I'm not against the use of battering untensils like bats...but things like go-carts and bombs are just a no go in my eyes..
The Bomb were in Super Mario RPG, and check my 1st sentence in this quoting for the go-karting.

>.> You shoulda seen the original MK vs Kirby....physics nerfed them so bad that it was a draw...but then JOE! said that that was BS...so he gave them mobility...:p

I seen it, it was fair atleast.

Not yet! :D
:mad:

Back to kirby...
due to kirby having that sword he can work Yoshi to an edge...
He is too slow to do anything with the sword considering his knees, I'm pretty sure he would keep tripping evey second, if he was lucky.

any means of Yoshi approaching means that Yoshi has to get past the sword first...
As I explained before, it wouldn't be that hard.

JOE!

Smash Hero
heres my problem:

no weapons: yoshi steps on kirby

non brawl size kirby: yoshi steps on kirby

brawl size and weapon: kirby wins? >.>

Sieguest

Smash Master
Exactly Peach used a bat, why can't Luigi use his stuff? And Peach was debated with the go-kart, but the arrows were to much. It
I don't even know why Peach was debated with a go-kart...
where would she pull it from?

But we don't, it's part of his games, he should use it, just because we use sports equitment for Mario doesn't mean that he would change in anyway, and TBH he doesn't get a lot of real life items >.>.
Yeah it's a part of his games...but is it canon...

In game=/=canon
remember canon refers to recurring features...
given there is always a bat and ball in baseball and such...
but are the character's characteristic's always the same?
Is it a game where people new to the gaming world can recognize right of the top of there head as a famous system?

The Bomb were in Super Mario RPG, and check my 1st sentence in this quoting for the go-karting.
Yes but still where would they stow something like a go cart...

I seen it, it was fair atleast.
trufax

:mad088: FEAR ME!

He is too slow to do anything with the sword considering his knees, I'm pretty sure he would keep tripping evey second.
That was one of the reasons he was nerfed in MK vs. Kirby version 1...
and it was readmittied in version two...

why can't the same exception be made for sonic? I still don't understand...kirby and MK are allowed to break physics now, but Sonic still can't?
-_-

As I explained before, it wouldn't be that hard.
Yoshi is fast yes, but the sword has Range...Kirby can cover 360 degrees on an near infinite amount of planes (exclding below him when he his on the ground)
heres my problem:

no weapons: yoshi steps on kirby

non brawl size kirby: yoshi steps on kirby

brawl size and weapon: kirby wins? >.>
If I imply the full force of physics like v1
then Kirby is *****...

If we're being nice and letting him move...then Kirby has the zoning advantage...that and keeping Yoshi in his sights will leave Yoshi in a bad spot...with Yoshi's only ranged maneuver being his tongue...
is Yoshi's tongue longer than his sword?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
(I have only read the OP)
OMG! This thread is win. I love this show and Brawl. So you just done a merger. lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
we mentioned giving sonic his speed i think, but it wouldnt have mattered against fatass mclardpants apparently... (somebody mentioned wario would just catch him when he tries to hit or whatnot)

anyways, one hit from wario would be even more dead sonic due to the impact from him going fast

Sieguest

Smash Master
we mentioned giving sonic his speed i think, but it wouldnt have mattered against fatass mclardpants apparently... (somebody mentioned wario would just catch him when he tries to hit or whatnot)

anyways, one hit from wario would be even more dead sonic due to the impact from him going fast
blue tornado son...
that move is ****...

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't even know why Peach was debated with a go-kart...
where would she pull it from?
Using the Peach vs. Zelda Match-up, why would Zelda come with a Bow & Arrow, why would Kirby come with a sword etc.
She could ride in with it.

Yeah it's a part of his games...but is it canon...

In game=/=canon
remember canon refers to recurring features...
given there is always a bat and ball in baseball and such...
but are the character's characteristic's always the same?
Is it a game where people new to the gaming world can recognize right of the top of there head as a famous system?
When did Mario have anything canon to another game? They never mentioned anything from Luigi's Mansion in Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario RPG or anything. There isn't a story line like Metal Gear Solid or LoZ or anything like that, it doesn't really follow-up to anything (except a few rare one)

Yes but still where would they stow something like a go cart...
Bring it with them.

:mad088: :mad: NO U

That was one of the reasons he was nerfed in MK vs. Kirby version 1...
and it was readmittied in version two...

why can't the same exception be made for sonic? I still don't understand...kirby and MK are allowed to break physics now, but Sonic still can't?
-_-
I don't get it? Is he allowed to run or not?

Yoshi is fast yes, but the sword has Range...Kirby can cover 360 degrees on an near infinite amount of planes (exclding below him when he his on the ground)
Compare it with his size, and is that realistic?

If I imply the full force of physics like v1
then Kirby is *****...

I think we should honestly, he may be Kirby, but he shouldn't break the rules

If we're being nice and letting him move...then Kirby has the zoning advantage...that and keeping Yoshi in his sights will leave Yoshi in a bad spot...with Yoshi's only ranged maneuver being his tongue...
is Yoshi's tongue longer than his sword?
Yoshi can out-manuver him since he is so fast, jump over him too since inflating yourself is too hard to belive

justaway12

Smash Master
@justaway:Ok, Yoshi can run and jump around Kirby....

So?

Kirby still has a sword and can respond any approach.

Since when is Kirby some super swordman? He can't just go all willy-nilly
LOL willy
and win beside that means he can dodge Kirby, and possibly get an opening.

@JOE!: I really think you shold reconsider all these buffs, they are simply not fair.

JOE!

Smash Hero

@JOE!: I really think you shold reconsider all these buffs, they are simply not fair.
I give buffs so that it IS fair

Olimar was buffed so that he isnt the size of a QUARTER

DDD was buffed so he can match DK in size

Mk and Kirby were buffed to be able to hold weapons, seeing as without that, they are *the* most gimped characters in real life

Sieguest

Smash Master
Using the Peach vs. Zelda Match-up, why would Zelda come with a Bow & Arrow, why would Kirby come with a sword etc.
She could ride in with it.
that is so broken...how come fox, falco, or wolf get their arwings/wolfen?

When did Mario have anything canon to another game? They never mentioned anything from Luigi's Mansion in Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario RPG or anything. There isn't a story line like Metal Gear Solid or LoZ or anything like that, it doesn't really follow-up to anything (except a few rare one)
Luigi's mansion is the only game with Luigi as a main character...that's the only thing we can take canon from...

All of mario's mainstream titles follow a simple format...
go from world to world, collect some special items, fight bowser a million bajillion times,....save peach...and even super princess peach follows this except for backwards....we could take stuff from super princess peach for her use...

Bring it with them.
*points to 1st statement*

GRRRR......:mad088:

I don't get it? Is he allowed to run or not?
Are you talking about sonic? (he was nerfed to 20 mph)

Kirby? well JOE! worked so hard to get him combat compatible so I guess *shrugs*

Compare it with his size, and is that realistic?
Greatsword.................get some....

I think we should honestly, he may be Kirby, but he shouldn't break the rules
That's what me and adumbrodeus said the first time...<.<

Yoshi can out-manuver him since he is so fast, jump over him too since inflating yourself is too hard to belive
pivot!
Blue 'nado, sawn...
That move doesn't work heyah...

@justaway:Ok, Yoshi can run and jump around Kirby....

So?

Kirby still has a sword and can respond any approach.
NOOOO!
Blue Tornado is ****, no matter how fat wario is

Or better- Sonic Overdrive...
and if people complain he needs a team...
then Light speed attack son..

Emperor Time

Smash Lord

Since when is Kirby some super swordman? He can't just go all willy-nilly
LOL willy
and win beside that means he can dodge Kirby, and possibly get an opening.

I've been standing by my basic method plan the whole time.

I'm not making him out to be a super swordsman-It's just what Kirby has better options.

The only places I see Kirby losing in are mobility and power. Not a big deal when you're so ****ed hard to hit.

justaway12

Smash Master
I give buffs so that it IS fair
But Fair =/= Realistic

Olimar was buffed so that he isnt the size of a QUARTER
Olimar was a size of a quarter, yes, but that is unrealistic for a man to be that small.

DDD was buffed so he can match DK in size.
That too was nessesary for the same above.

Mk and Kirby were buffed to be able to hold weapons, seeing as without that, they are *the* most gimped characters in real life
but that isn't realistic, beside I can deal with that but did you really have to add movement they are gaint buffs here, you could atleast do it so he only know how to swing sword once in a while, and not as fast as well.

@Emporer Time: He may have better option but he hardly know how to use them.

@Marthage: Wait a minute plz.

justaway12

Smash Master
that is so broken...how come fox, falco, or wolf get their arwings/wolfen?
Well, I don't think space planes are realistic.

Luigi's mansion is the only game with Luigi as a main character...that's the only thing we can take canon from...
Why? Luigi has been in other games, did different things, that isn't fair, besides half the characters here don't have their own game how is it canon anyway?

All of mario's mainstream titles follow a simple format...
go from world to world, collect some special items, fight bowser a million bajillion times,....save peach...and even super princess peach follows this except for backwards....we could take stuff from super princess peach for her use...
Not all of them do, that is somewhat narrow-minded other things happen from Mario Is Missing is Yoshi's Cookie.

*points to 1st statement*
Your point?

GRRRR......:mad088:
:mad::mad:
:mad::mad088:

Are you talking about sonic? (he was nerfed to 20 mph)

Kirby? well JOE! worked so hard to get him combat compatible so I guess *shrugs*
Kirby.

Greatsword.................get some....
A VERY small great sword

That's what me and adumbrodeus said the first time...<.<
Well it kind of isn't fair. MAYBE against Meta-knight since he recived the same, but this is supposed to be realistic, well I suppose JOE! is boss.

Oh and ignore Smoothlips, I'm already going to report him.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well, I don't think space planes are realistic.
Rocket ships are realistic...>.>

Why? Luigi has been in other games, did different things, that isn't fair, besides half the characters here don't have their own game how is it canon anyway?
Luigi finally is the star of something...and he doesn't have to share it with anyone...perfect oppurtunity...while it may branch off from mainstream...but that is only canon to Mario mostly...

Luigi's mansion provides an accurate resource of getting to know luigi...kind of...and he didn't have to share it with mario like he did in Superstar Saga!

actually I think all the characters in smash have their own game...with the exception of Bowser...<.<

Not all of them do, that is somewhat narrow-minded other things happen from Mario Is Missing is Yoshi's Cookie.
But that isn't mainstream....
Mario goes missing in Luigi's mansion and Super Princess Peach...and maybe another branching game...but I can't think of it..

yoshi's cookie? I'm lost on this one...other than...
DON'T TOUCH THE DINO'S COOKIES!

Your point?
*points to next first statement....<.<*

@.@ >.>
:colorful:

*shrugs*

A VERY small great sword
but a greatsword none the less...
(I'm just trying sound cool with this response)

Well it kind of isn't fair. MAYBE against Meta-knight since he recived the same, but this is supposed to be realistic, well I suppose JOE! is boss.

trufax

JOE!

Smash Hero
This swings on whether or not kirby has a weapon im guessing.

if hirby cannot hold a weapon, who wins?

justaway12

Smash Master
Rocket ships are realistic...>.>
Not Arwings.

Luigi finally is the star of something...and he doesn't have to share it with anyone...perfect oppurtunity...while it may branch off from mainstream...but that is only canon to Mario mostly...

Luigi's mansion provides an accurate resource of getting to know luigi...kind of...and he didn't have to share it with mario like he did in Superstar Saga!
You shouldn't limit his options to Mario is Missing and Luigi's Mansion it's not fair, and not a true demonstration of his potential.

actually I think all the characters in smash have their own game...with the exception of Bowser...<.<
Ganondorf.
ZSS
Zelda
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff

But that's not the point.

But that isn't mainstream....
Mario goes missing in Luigi's mansion and Super Princess Peach...and maybe another branching game...but I can't think of it..
Mainstream only shouldn't count

yoshi's cookie? I'm lost on this one...other than...
DON'T TOUCH THE DINO'S COOKIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zOdmjzOMc

*points to next first statement....<.<*
O I C

:bluejump:

but a greatsword none the less...
Not great. Amazing! It's yellow!

(I'm just trying sound cool with this response)
Oh I see

if hirby cannot hold a weapon, who wins?
Yoshi

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I could see Yoshi smacking Kirby around with his tail then eating Kirby. If kirby has a sword, he cannot float due to the weight and he wouldn't be able to grasp it tightly due to his physical limitations of his hands. One good smack from Yoshi and Kirby will become dino-gum.
Objections?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Not any of the pokemon really........

Oh, and Joe, if you're gonna give Kirby sword abilities, you should explain the new hand configuration you've given him.

JOE!

Smash Hero
hmn, in retrospect, i could probably give MK the sword easier than kirby due to his...gloves?

would you guys mind the ability to float/fly around for him instead?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Not Arwings.
Improvised rocket ship *drops topic and runs* >.>

You shouldn't limit his options to Mario is Missing and Luigi's Mansion it's not fair, and not a true demonstration of his potential.
I didn't say we couldn't use superstar saga! :D
I only said at least Luigi didn't have to share it with mario in Luigi's mansion..

Ganondorf.
ZSS
Zelda
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff

But that's not the point.
Get those pokemon off that list son...you can make it their own game...
one pokemon party! Yeah.....................>.>

Mainstream only shouldn't count
Well Spinoffs don't really provide much...seeing how the focus isn't exactly on a character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zOdmjzOMc
@.@
Don't touch mah cookies....<.<

You better....<.<

face-off...literally!
:embarrass:

Not great. Amazing! It's yellow!
That's why kirby wins.....
/sarcasm

Oh I see

Yoshi
No you don't...<.< my motives are secret...

Top Bottom