• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

justaway12

Smash Master
How do the sports games contribute to the main story of Mario, Peach and Bowser?
How do they disprove them, there is nothing in the rules that say it has to have a story?

Platformers set the base for canon...hence why they are platformers...our idea of Mario as it is is dervied from his action/adventure
Just because he is derived from action/adventure does not mean that we can't base it of other things

what makes Super Mario RPG non canon?
Because it's not the same as a regular games, just like sports games.

@JOE!: Don't end it so fast!

JOE!

Smash Hero
those were some silly deaths i had martahge, especially venusaur

(and wtf is with you attacking me when i say "brb" or taunt after your Nana killed me, after i killed you?)

anywho, looks like the filthy monkey wins

new mu shortly

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol u likin those matches with marthage thar?

EDIT: the pink name is only cool if you keep a custom title

tocador

Smash Lord
JOE! please use my summaries for the battle.

I BEG YOU.

Or else ima kill you on your sleep

Here it is if you dont feel like lurking.

"The green man just cant jandle the face ****"

or

"Face ****** monkeys are just too much"
@Paya: Of course, i only joined this discussion after the 140-50 page. Before then you guys had no one to discuss with ^^.

tocador

Smash Lord
I r dumb.

At page 150 i said: "i bet on page 200 we will be in round 2 allready".

I was so much foolish back then.

ps: I joined this "TDB" at page 70-80smthing. Cool :p.

JOE!

Smash Hero
w00t, 300 pages

also, look at teh Op toc

@justaway:

we gave kirby and MK the ability to hold their weapons and move due to them being THE most gimped in real life

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
Yea if we're allowing Kirby to use his weapons then it's no contest. Even with how long Yoshi's tail is or how fast he is (not very fast) Kirby can still use his weapons. I may use Yoshi but I'm saying that he's probably got this one lost if Kirby can use his weapons.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I don't even think Yoshi can fight well
and kirby has t3h sword,
yoshi can attack with legs, and a ground pound...
that's all I can think of right now

Sieguest

Smash Master
those were some silly deaths i had martahge, especially venusaur

(and wtf is with you attacking me when i say "brb" or taunt after your Nana killed me, after i killed you?)

anywho, looks like the filthy monkey wins

new mu shortly
lol truefax
That's the second time Nana pulled a stunt like that...those really are guerilla tactics if Nana killed you while I was dieing lolololololol

Jealous of the Falcon...:)
How do they disprove them, there is nothing in the rules that say it has to have a story?
Mario would still be mario even without the sports games....

Just because he is derived from action/adventure does not mean that we can't base it of other things
Mario's entire being was derived from action/adventure games...if we based Mario off of a sports game...it would be like Mario having a bat in his hand all the time... and we don't see that now do we...

Because it's not the same as a regular games, just like sports games.

Well then I guess that would be non-canonical
@JOE!: Don't end it so fast!
so the party continues?

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Hm... Kirby's about half Yoshi's height, probably not even a tenth his weight...

Depends how fast he can move his sword.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Hm... Kirby's about half Yoshi's height, probably not even a tenth his weight...

Depends how fast he can move his sword.
Final Cutter, or the actual name it has, Kirby goes pretty quick with that particular blade in Kirby Super Star. I'm just throwing that out there. And is it me or was it pointless to make Kirby Brawl size since Yoshi is now larger anyway?

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Final Cutter, or the actual name it has, Kirby goes pretty quick with that particular blade in Kirby Super Star. I'm just throwing that out there. And is it me or was it pointless to make Kirby Brawl size since Yoshi is now larger anyway?
Yes, but Kirby wouldn't realistically be able to move it with any kind of speed.

justaway12

Smash Master
Mario would still be mario even without the sports games....
He would be Mario without anything but Super Mario Bros.1

Mario's entire being was derived from action/adventure games...if we based Mario off of a sports game...it would be like Mario having a bat in his hand all the time... and we don't see that now do we...
So? We can't base him off anything else?

Well then I guess that would be non-canonical

Yet it was still allowed.
Mario isn't mainly about action/adventure there is more to his games, beside when has anything proved or disproved anything in Mario? other than sequels.

so the party continues?
No, it's still probably over :/

Oh and realistically Kirby still wouldn't have thumbs, I really don't see why you are adding it since it's techinically cheating, but whatever floats your boat I guess

justaway12

Smash Master

Small handle=graspable.
I still don't think this is fair >.>

Yoshi charges-Kirby points the sword forward.
Yoshi goes in the air-Point sword up
Tongue attack-Slash
Nothing is that simple, Yoshi is very fast he could get around it, and how is pointing a sword forward a reliable defence, nobody would get caught with that.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Kirby lost? How and where did this happen? @_@ ♥

♣ Kirby moves very fast with his sword, fast enough to make it invisible to the naked eye, I think around even speed with Meta Knight. Strangely, only in Kirby Super Star he can use Final Cutter with Cutter Kirby, and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad he can perform Final Cutter with Sword Kirby. I think we pretty much knows who would win this match, (poor Yoshi T_T) ♥

justaway12

Smash Master
♣ Kirby lost? How and where did this happen? @_@ ♥
Too Meta-knight since he doesn't have thumbs, they gave him a gripping ability this round though.

♣ Kirby moves very fast with his sword, fast enough to make it invisible to the naked eye, I think around even speed with Meta Knight. Strangely, only in Kirby Super Star he can use Final Cutter with Cutter Kirby, and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad he can perform Final Cutter with Sword Kirby. I think we pretty much knows who would win this match, (poor Yoshi T_T) ♥
But, that's not realistic.

I'm just describing the simplicity in reacting to Yoshis moves.
O I C, sorry but it still won't be that simple

The sword is his biggest obstacle and he won't be doing much till he gets past it.
It won't be that hard, since it doesn't look to have a lot of range, it also doesn't look like it would hurt unless someone is really close, beside since he is holding it like that it doesn't look like he could thrust very well

Top Bottom