• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
Yes...we did...
but objectively...a sports game in a series like Mario is usually a spinoff of sorts...it's by no means related to the flagship game series that we all associate Mario with....adventure games....which would throw it out of canon...

<.< I'm poor...
Dont worry, baboons are metaknight cheap, you can afford one.

Or steal one from the zoo

JOE!

Smash Hero
I don't quite understand the concept of this. No magic allowed, but technology/melee weapons are allowed?
yes, because in real life, one can actually have weapons and technologies

we debunk anything that couldnt exist in the realworld

justaway12

Smash Master
Yes...we did...
but objectively...a sports game in a series like Mario is usually a spinoff of sorts...it's by no means related to the flagship game series that we all associate Mario with....adventure games....which would throw it out of canon...

Well, I definatly remember arguing with Adumbrodeus about the Kart.

And about the Flagship seris it is related, because it has Mario, we assosiate Link with Adventure games but Link's Crossbow training is a shooter no? And I'm pretty sure a spin-off and we added that.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Dont worry, baboons are metaknight cheap, you can afford one.

Or steal one from the zoo
hmmmmm.....
Marthage is black....He could pull it off.
*gets in driveby mobile and goes to nearest zoo*
btw this getting sigged...
nvm...I couldn't do it due to it's half truthness....my other half would be falsey represented in the community....darn...it was good to.

@justaway12- yes it's mario...but it's not related to his flagship series....unless hitting a baseball gets you one step closer to putting the whoup on bowser and saving the mushroom kingdom...<.<
Link's crossbow training is indeed a spinoff- we wouldn't use that in canon, but Link uses a bow in his adventure games as well so that's considered canon...

tocador

Smash Lord
I want to see the article of this
you expect the human race to be perfect even though we are far from it

I never said so. Im only saying that Our metagame didnt reach its best form yet we have untapped potencial. People that can run a marathon at alaska. Iron man competitors. Blind people with depth notion, weak persons that in the emninence of survival can stand alot.

We sure are not perfect, because perfect varys from situation from situation. A kangaroo can be perfect for jumping, i dont know, a fish can be perfect for swimming, i dont know, perfect varys because you need to use a pre-existence thing to judge how good the new one is compared to the older one.

The thing is, human body is great, lots of good things that we can do with it. And you guys keep nerfing it because "tires don exits and i dun beleive it". Thats why i always need to quote you guys and pwn you with biology.

JOE!

Smash Hero
but tires do exits, thats how the lady lifted the car

anywho, should we give weegee his hammer instead of his vacuum?

he has had it in his RPGs as well...

justaway12

Smash Master
@justaway12- yes it's mario...but it's not related to his flagship series....unless hitting a baseball gets you one step closer to putting the whoup on bowser and saving the mushroom kingdom...<.<

But why is being related to the flagship important, if it does not conflict with the storyline? This is "The Dealiest Brawler" it mentions nothing about it needing to be in the flagship seris

Link's crossbow training is indeed a spinoff- we wouldn't use that in canon, but Link uses a bow in his adventure games as well so that's considered canon...

Peach vs. Zelda?
/Isstill bitter

Besides Zelda is a prime example of non-canon as there is more than one Link, yet all are added.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I never said so. Im only saying that Our metagame didnt reach its best form yet we have untapped potencial. People that can run a marathon at alaska. Iron man competitors. Blind people with depth notion, weak persons that in the emninence of survival can stand alot.

We sure are not perfect, because perfect varys from situation from situation. A kangaroo can be perfect for jumping, i dont know, a fish can be perfect for swimming, i dont know, perfect varys because you need to use a pre-existence thing to judge how good the new one is compared to the older one.

The thing is, human body is great, lots of good things that we can do with it. And you guys keep nerfing it because "tires don exits and i dun beleive it". Thats why i always need to quote you guys and pwn you with biology.
I still want to see an article,
the iron man competitors have decades of years of training,
that's why I want to see an article, it doesn't seem likely that she could do it unless she was a bodybuilder... get what I'm saying?
you're saying that we are a perfect species but you only give examples of the best of people if we were perfect your babies could lift you with their pinkies.
I want to see an article

Sieguest

Smash Master

But why is being related to the flagship important, if it does not conflict with the storyline
Because Canon derives what is widely accepted to be true and is a recurring feature in a character... and the while sports games don't interfere with the story line, they don't exactly fit in it either.
ex. Sonic Speed, Mario's running faster than Luigi, Luigi jumping higher than Mario and sucha and such...We pull all these characteristics from what they are known for most...adventure games....
sports games aren't canon, we never see their features always recurring from game to game...
Mario Kart double dash is like almost stranger to Mario Kart wii...and Mario Kart 64 is just out there compared to double dash...
and in the golf, tennis, and other games...not even the stats for each character remain relatively similar to each other...

Peach vs. Zelda?
/Isstill bitter
Isn't zelda shown with a sword and bow in some of the other LoZ games...

tocador

Smash Lord
I still want to see an article,
the iron man competitors have decades of years of training,
that's why I want to see an article, it doesn't seem likely that she could do it unless she was a bodybuilder... get what I'm saying?
you're saying that we are a perfect species but you only give examples of the best of people if we were perfect your babies could lift you with their pinkies.
I want to see an article

Google it pal. Try this: "Mulher levanta carro para salvar bebe".

Still, the iron man competitors dont have decades of training, but they train. But thats not the point, the point is, THEY CAN DO IT, dosent that sound "o no you didnt" when you nerf so much the human race?

And for the god sake, i never said we are perfect. But if you want the thruth, IF SOME PEOPLE CAN DO IT, why whouldnt we be able to do it? With training or not, anyone is able to do most of that stuff, its just we are to lazy to dedicate our selves.

Make a monkey train during how long you want, if he can complete iron man, mad props to him.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Joe, some time ago there was this mother that saved her baby by lifting a 1ton car. The mother had arround 70kg and had just given birth( 3 or 4 months ago). Now if you show me a monkey doing the same, i can beleive you that baboons > humans.

The human body is a perfect machine, really, the thing is we dont use it to its top potential. With this said i dont really agree monkeys have twice the strengh we have, i can say that we are stronger, we just dont need to be.
Google it pal. Try this: "Mulher levanta carro para salvar bebe".

Still, the iron man competitors dont have decades of training, but they train. But thats not the point, the point is, THEY CAN DO IT, dosent that sound "o no you didnt" when you nerf so much the human race?

And for the god sake, i never said we are perfect. But if you want the thruth, IF SOME PEOPLE CAN DO IT, why whouldnt we be able to do it? With training or not, anyone is able to do most of that stuff, its just we are to lazy to dedicate our selves.

Make a monkey train during how long you want, if he can complete iron man, mad props to him.
Your previous statement says otherwise

tocador

Smash Lord
Your previous statement says otherwise
Perfect machine =/= human race is perfect.

Here is the article. This is another one, not the baby one.

"Em Concord, New Hampshire, EUA, Donna Stilwell, foi publicamente reconhecida como heróina por ter salvo a vida do marido Richard. Ele ficou preso sob as rodas do carro e Donna conseguiu levantar o Dodge Ram, que pesa quase 2.3 toneladas, para libertá-lo. A mulher de 1,60m de altura e 50 kg simplesmente não sabe explicar de onde tirou a tanta força para levantar o pesado veículo."

"In Concord, New Hampshire, USA, Donna Stilwell, was publicly recognized as a hero for saving her husbands life Richard. He was stuck under the wheels of a Dodge Ram, and Donna managed to lift the car, that weights almost 2.3 tons just to free him. The woman of 1.60 metters and 50killograms cant explain how she did it, or from where the got all the strengh to lift the heavy vehicle."

justaway12

Smash Master
Because Canon derives what is widely accepted to be true and is a recurring feature in a character... and the while sports games don't interfere with the story line, they don't exactly fit in it either.
ex. Sonic Speed, Mario's running faster than Luigi, Luigi jumping higher than Mario and sucha and such...We pull all these characteristics from what they are known for most...adventure games....
sports games aren't canon, we never see their features always recurring from game to game...
Really, because in every game I always thought it showed Mario as an all-rounder (Except Mario Golf)? Luigi faster but always weaker or something like that?

Mario Kart double dash is like almost stranger to Mario Kart wii...and Mario Kart 64 is just out there compared to double dash...
and in the golf, tennis, and other games...not even the stats for each character remain relatively similar to each other...

Golf isn't the same as Tennis, and where does it say stats on Tennis, I always thoght it was:
Mario/Luigi: all-rouner
Peach/Daisy: Technique
etc.
And Golf is COMPLETELY different, I'm positive, it measures drive and control etc.

and about Mario Kart. How do you know they are all the same karts?You do't think anything would happen

Isn't zelda shown with a sword and bow in some of the other LoZ games...
IDK, I'll check, but make sure you read my edit.
Even though they are light arrows which are magic >.>

Sieguest

Smash Master
Then what did you mean by that statement?

@Justaway
Mario has always been an all rounder..
but Luigi has jumped from being an all rounder to skill and stuff...(I thought Luigi was always slower than Mario, but had more skill or something like that....)

Daisy has been flopped a from speed to technical at some point if I'm in my right mind...

at kart comment- exactly...you can't say they are same cart...so it doesn't fall into the definition of canon because it's not a similar recurring feature...

I didn't think to seperate tennis from the bunch...:laugh:
The stats in the Mario Golf Games are not the same either...so they're stats are not recurring...falls out of canon...

And while they may not be the same game...would it not make sense that if they are an all rounder in this, that they are an all rounder in things related to it?

Don't worry I'll be sure to read the edit! :)
EDIT2: WHERE'S THE EDIT?

tocador

Smash Lord
Then what did you mean by that statement?
A perfect race is a race withought "mistakes", everyone loves each other and such. A perfect machine means that the body can do what ever we make him do, but only things he was designed for.

Our body follow some patterns that are too much to be coincindece. We can do so many things its hard to count them. It has its misterys but it is a hell of a machine capable of doing basicaly anything it was designed for, therefore "perfect".

@ET: No one cares for luigi vs diddy any more, discussion biology is much more awsome :D.

sammy p

Smash Lord
does luigi have fireballs?? cuz thats not something that can be acquired in real life right?? sorry still getting used to this thread!:laugh:

Sieguest

Smash Master
guys STOP GOING OFF TOPIC
Justaway12 and I are not off topic...

in a discussion sometimes you have to go through one seemingly unrelated facet to make a discovery that will contribute to the main discussion...

Determining whether the sports games are canon, will impact this match...it could stick Luigi in a go-cart or on a bike which could totally change this matchup from where it is now...

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
@Tocador.

I'd believe Luigi could do something against Diddy if he was Wario-like.

He's got an average build. Diddy would make a mockery of him.

lol@spinoffs being canon.

I'd understand if it were some alternate work deviating from SMW like superstar saga or something.

But, no, no, no. I'd never consider a sports spinoff canon.

tocador

Smash Lord
Thats why im trying to prove that monkeys arent stronger than human, and therefore luigi would be stronger than diddy. So long no one even responded to the article i posted, so i can think that you guys all died because of my sheer rightness and that luigi > diddy in melee combat.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
...*never saw an article*

Monkey strength can overcome a human. A heavy, strong monkey biting clawing and striking Luigi all over the face is hard to handle. Luigi's build doesn't show me that he could handle it better than any other guy.

I think it's time to post monkey mauling vidoes.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Justaway
Mario has always been an all rounder..
Exactly (except golf)

but Luigi has jumped from being an all rounder to skill and stuff...(I thought Luigi was always slower than Mario, but had more skill or something like that....)
never stronger, always faster that was always there

Daisy has been flopped a from speed to technical at some point if I'm in my right mind...
But she was good at both in all IIRC

Oh and Speed in Tennis =/= Speed in a race.
It's all different

at kart comment- exactly...you can't say they are same cart...so it doesn't fall into the definition of canon because it's not a similar recurring feature...
You can't say they are the same cart so they must be different karts. Oh and I don't really consider Kart racing in the same place as sports as it had it's own francise and stuff, but whatever floats your boat

I didn't think to seperate tennis from the bunch...:laugh:
The stats in the Mario Golf Games are not the same either...so they're stats are not recurring...falls out of canon...
Would it be a bother to show the stats?

And while they may not be the same game...would it not make sense that if they are an all rounder in this, that they are an all rounder in things related to it?
Why not? You mearly don't excel at anything your teammates do, and you don't not excel aswell

Don't worry I'll be sure to read the edit! :)
Thank you ^_^

Sieguest

Smash Master
Thats why im trying to prove that monkeys arent stronger than human, and therefore luigi would be stronger than diddy. So long no one even responded to the article i posted, so i can think that you guys all died because of my sheer rightness and that luigi > diddy in melee combat.
The reason I didn't respond is because
1. The case is isolated
2. we already proved that she doesn't need some large amount of strength to lift it...
3.GO TO ANIMAL PLANET-I think they know more than you or I do...that's where I get my info...
4.Compared to your one isolated event....there are many more in which primates are overpowering humans...

where's the vid ET?

EDIT@ Justaway 12-Mario is pretty much the only one that retained his class....(maybe yoshi too I think.....<.<)
(oh..yeah....I never used Mario in golf...Yoshi ftw...)

they rated the character in kart games? I thought they only rated the car? except for the weight class thing...
and if they're different karts then the Mario Kart series can't be canon because there is no recurring feature in the karts...

and yes Daisy was still good...but it just shows the inconsistency from things that aren't canon...

I'll look up the stats....<.< now to find a website....I will edit this post...I think...

Baseball and Tennis are somewhat familar....it requires hand eye coordination....watch a ball and hit it with some bludgeoning object...

Now I have to look for the blocks in that....

*goes to read edit*

tocador

Smash Lord
The reason I didn't respond is because
1. The case is isolated
2. we already proved that she doesn't need some large amount of strength to lift it...
3.GO TO ANIMAL PLANET-I think they know more than you or I do...that's where I get my info...
4.Compared to your one isolated event....there are many more in which primates are overpowering humans...

where's the vid ET?
1.It isnt one case, it has happened all over the globe now. It must mean something. Plus there are alot of other "super powerfull" humans, so i ask, is it COINCIDENCE, or the truth?

2.You didnt proove anything, wtf are you talking about? After you lift a 2.3 ton car talk to me.

3. Yay animal planet, good source pal.

4. There isnt a single "monkey owns car" event. Sure big monkeys can sometimes own humans, because people usually are lazy and sedentary. Witought traning/using you capacities, you can lose to a dog, so point not taken.

I can take chimp and own him, the same way you can take a gorila and make him own a random person.

5. Point not taken, dont talk BS.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Neva, i need to prove that luigi has the poar. So that he can own diddy with a blink.

Therefore i r not off topic.
you are trying to prove that humans are stronger than monkeys on 1 situation, you keep relying on this situation, I need more random situations where some random person did a random act that nobody could explain.
Act of God comes to mind,
and by the time Diddy is making mincemeat of Luigi's face it would be a good time to say: "where is your god now?"
I needed an excuse to say that
you can't prove that Humans are stronger than animals by only one occasion, people have gone through extensive research and you are saying they are wrong, just because 1 lady did something nobody could even explain

tocador

Smash Lord
you are trying to prove that humans are stronger than monkeys on 1 situation, you keep relying on this situation, I need more random situations where some random person did a random act that nobody could explain.
Act of God comes to mind,
and by the time Diddy is making mincemeat of Luigi's face it would be a good time to say: "where is your god now?"
I needed an excuse to say that
you can't prove that Humans are stronger than animals by only one occasion, people have gone through extensive research and you are saying they are wrong, just because 1 lady did something nobody could even explain

No, im saying its cientific proved that humans dont use 40% of what their body offers to them. Some use a bit more, and some only use it in specific situations, like a adrenaline rush.

Meaning that a adrenaline rush from luigi can give him enough strengh to own diddy, whereas monkeys dont have a adrenaline rush even close to ours, and that their body structure when compared to ours is weaker, but they are stronger somehow.

Get the point?

@ET:

Here is the article. This is another one, not the baby one.

"Em Concord, New Hampshire, EUA, Donna Stilwell, foi publicamente reconhecida como heróina por ter salvo a vida do marido Richard. Ele ficou preso sob as rodas do carro e Donna conseguiu levantar o Dodge Ram, que pesa quase 2.3 toneladas, para libertá-lo. A mulher de 1,60m de altura e 50 kg simplesmente não sabe explicar de onde tirou a tanta força para levantar o pesado veículo."

"In Concord, New Hampshire, USA, Donna Stilwell, was publicly recognized as a hero for saving her husbands life Richard. He was stuck under the wheels of a Dodge Ram, and Donna managed to lift the car, that weights almost 2.3 tons just to free him. The woman of 1.60 metters and 50killograms cant explain how she did it, or from where the got all the strengh to lift the heavy vehicle."
Lrn2LurkMoar.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
K. I've seen stuff like that before.Human beings going beyond certain limits in desperate situations...

Not exactly screaming man owns monkey.

I'm sure the adrenaline will be rushin' all through Luigi, but in the end, it doesn't mean much when he's getting face *****.

justaway12

Smash Master
they rated the character in kart games? I thought they only rated the car? except for the weight class thing...
and if they're different karts then the Mario Kart series can't be canon because there is no recurring feature in the karts...
That's what I meant.

and yes Daisy was still good...but it just shows the inconsistency from things that aren't canon...
Baseball and Tennis are somewhat familar....it requires hand eye coordination....watch a ball and hit it with some bludgeoning object...
Are you talking about Daisy?

Mario wiki Tennis stats said:
* Type: Technique
* Bio: "Don't judge this book by her flowery cover, Daisy possesses superior technique and can nimbly face off against the fiercest powerhouse."
Mario Wiki said:
however, she leaned more towards the Technique type
Oh, and I hope you realise that some sports are COMPLETLY different and don't require the same stuff

I'll look up the stats....<.< now to find a website....I will edit this post...I think...
Thank you ^_^

tocador

Smash Lord
K. I've seen stuff like that before.Human beings going beyond certain limits in desperate situations...

Not exactly screaming man owns monkey.

I'm sure the adrenaline will be rushin' all through Luigi, but in the end, it doesn't mean much when he's getting face *****.
With the adrenaline rush, and imagining that luigi is stronger then that woman, he is the one that is going to face **** diddy.

A single punch that can lift 2.3 ton cars, should be able to own a monkey :D.

REL38

Smash Lord
If Diddy Kong is categorized as a chimpanzee, this read this to see a Chimpanzee's real strength.

http://www.slate.com/id/2212232/

@Tocador

Feats where humans pick up 1 ton cars with ease are completely true, but that's all due to adrenaline and psychological stress. It' completely situational and rare. If this were our body's, let's say, our Final Resort then there'd be plenty more saved lives in the course of history. There have only been so many instances where this has happened and thusly can't be used in this fight.

UncleSam

Smash Master
No, im saying its cientific proved that humans dont use 40% of what their body offers to them. Some use a bit more, and some only use it in specific situations, like a adrenaline rush.

Meaning that a adrenaline rush from luigi can give him enough strengh to own diddy, whereas monkeys dont have a adrenaline rush even close to ours, and that their body structure when compared to ours is weaker, but they are stronger somehow.
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3193363
EDIT: I made a typo, you'll see it, just ignore it, you'll get the gist of it

@ET:

Lrn2LurkMoar.
LOL ET you gonna take that ****?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
You're really hyping his ability.

It's like you gave him super muscles and mixed in steroids. The way you're making it out to be, we might as well do it to every human character an make them destroy buildings with little effort.

Luigi=Average build. Will do piss-poor to average damage if he gets a hit in. Average mans running speed
Diddy=Around 2 times stronger than Luigi without "Tocador Buffs." Much faster.

@Sam: I'm pretty chill today. Nobody's **** means anything until the winner is seen, anyway.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's what I meant.
Okai!

Are you talking about Daisy?
with the tennis to baseball thing....no I wasn't referring to daisy specifically.

Oh, and I hope you realise that some sports are COMPLETLY different and don't require the same stuff
But Baseball and tennis are similar....ball+bludgeoning object=progress

Thank you ^_^[/QUOTE]

http://mario.neoseeker.com/wiki/Mario_Golf:_Advance_Tour

^my computer sucks at multitasking so I'll get more links to back me up

In advanced tour you can upgrade your characters stats with experience...
In Toadstool Tour, you were not allowed to upgrade your characters stats...

Peach in Toadstool Tour has more control than she did in earlier games...
gotta get the link again...(i hate my laptop)

I have to leave smashboards and return...brb

Top Bottom