• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Joe, some time ago there was this mother that saved her baby by lifting a 1ton car. The mother had arround 70kg and had just given birth( 3 or 4 months ago). Now if you show me a monkey doing the same, i can beleive you that baboons > humans.
I can happily say that I have pushed a car that weighed a ton without being rushed by adrenaline, but that doesn't make me more powerful than a baboon. ;)

Anyway, we shouldn't really base this off of strength alone. Who would be a better fighter. Who has an advantage over who?

Sieguest

Smash Master
.... really?

tsk tsk....
A rhino can pull an elephant and a rhino is smaller...(if someone is ******** enough to attach them with a rope...)

Most creatures in the animal kingdom are stronger than humans...

One of my friends is smaller than me yet he can overpower me easily...
size=/= stronger...

JOE!

Smash Hero
tsk tsk....
A rhino can pull an elephant and a rhino is smaller...(if someone is ******** enough to attach them with a rope...

Most creatures in the animal kingdom are stronger than humans...

One of my friends is smaller than me yet he can overpower me easily...
size=/= stronger...
how big is your friend compared to you?

WHen you see a rhino pulling an elephant, is the elephant actually pulling back? or playing?

98% of the time, size means strength

tocador

Smash Lord
How come people are still relating size to strength...

since when was bigger stronger? <.<

@tocador- if we're so perfect we'd be masterful at all things....
Can you:

Out run a cheetah?
Go from tree to tree like a lemur?
Hop faster than a kangaroo?
Naturally resist poison without medical attention?

Aside from that one case
Baboons easily overpower humans...
if they weren't such a threat...we wouldn't make a big deal out of when they got loose...
They are structuarly more muscular than we are...
Can a cheetah out strenght me?
Can a lemur out strenght me?
Can a kangaroo run faster/out strenght me?
Yeah, ok not me, but there are people who can, people that live in forests and such.

Can a cheetah jump mroe than a kangaroo?
Can a lemur out ran a cheetah?
Can a kangaroo jump from tree to tree?
Any of those can resist poisons?

Marthage, each animal has its capacities and limitations, we are not suposed to be the best in everything, if we were our body will be very different. The thing is, we can do basically anything(xecpt fly) because our body was build to do so. Sure there are individuals that do ONE THING OR ANOTHER better, but they were made to do so, if they couldnt do it, they would problably die.

Your examples fails if you really think. There isnt a single animal that can do all the thing you said there, because each one is "desingned" to do one thing specifically, not all.

Edit: Marthage, did you know that if medicine didnt exist we would be imune to like, 100% of todays diseases. Diseases = natural selection, only the strongs/more addapted live. If we didnt have medicines, we would be pretty much like a bunch of chuck norris.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I can push a car too, it has wheels, it's really easy.

Now lift a 1ton car to save your baby(or realative) and then i will be surprised.
Once again....
Adrenaline.....
also as Joe said
she did not lifting exactly one ton...
she lifted on a couple of hundred pounds and it required even less strength because of the way she lifted it....

Just like a simple machine...
get physiced son...

JOE!

Smash Hero
none the less, a woman lifing a couple hundred pounds after giving birth? daaaaaaayyyyummm

also, there is one animal like that toc:

unfortuantley, i couldnt photograph him, he wouldve stolen the soul out of the camera...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Once again....
Adrenaline.....
also as Joe said
she lifted on a couple of hundred pounds and it required even less strength because of the way she lifted it....

get physiced son...
Lever and pulley or something?

tocador

Smash Lord
Once again....
Adrenaline.....
also as Joe said

get physiced son...
Adrenaline, ok. How can you suport adrenaline? You must have strong bones/muscular structure do to so. Adrenaline dosent beef you up, it allows you to really use your body. It isnt life steroids lol, its just like a key, a will to survive.

She lifted the whole 2 wheels of a car, that weighted 1.4 tons. She at least lifted 700 killograms. If you can show me a baboon doing so, you win it.

And no, showing a elephant doing it isnt the same as a baboon, THEY ARE DIFERENTE ANIMALS, with diferent body structurs because each one is addapted in doing different things.

I dont care if i cant jump as high as a kangaroo, we are discussing human vs monkey here.

No johns

Edit: Do you know at least how does adrenaline work or what it do?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Lever and pulley or something?
A lever yes! :bee:

@tocador
then where is your proof of this?
lemme see a news article or something...and two wheels weighing 1.4 tons?....Now I definintely don't believe it....You also failed to account for her lifting it like a lever...a lever is a simple machine that can create a large output force, with minimal input force...without these mechanics working for her, she couldn't barebones lift a car...
the rhino vs. elephant proves that bigger=/= stronger...structure and conditioning does...
and if you keep saying let me see baboon lift a car....
then I'll just keep telling you...Beat a baboon without any weapons...

don't try to blow off my questions...Humans are NOT a perfect specimen...
and my questions proved that....

Edit: Yes I know what adrenaline does....>.> simple concept son...

UncleSam

Smash Master

unfortuantley, i couldnt photograph him, he wouldve stolen the soul out of the camera...
no Chuck norris is so fast that he could get away before you took the picture, If chuck norris was in that picture, he'd jump out of the computer screen and kill us all
EDIT @ tocador- luigi is weak, nuff said

JOE!

Smash Hero
Adrenaline, ok. How can you suport adrenaline? You must have strong bones/muscular structure do to so. Adrenaline dosent beef you up, it allows you to really use your body. It isnt life steroids lol, its just like a key, a will to survive.

She lifted the whole 2 wheels of a car, that weighted 1.4 tons. She at least lifted 700 killograms. If you can show me a baboon doing so, you win it.

And no, showing a elephant doing it isnt the same as a baboon, THEY ARE DIFERENTE ANIMALS, with diferent body structurs because each one is addapted in doing different things.

I dont care if i cant jump as high as a kangaroo, we are discussing human vs monkey here.

No johns

Edit: Do you know at least how does adrenaline work or what it do?
while true, does Luigi have that capacity within himsself to have such an adrenaline rush to use 100% of his potential strength?

on average, the baboon would be a bit stronger, and it has adrenaline too

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Did Luigi have his hammer before? That should be the question. If not, I don't know why it would be brought up here. I mean, whoever Luigi was fighting before he got sent to the Loser Bracket would make me wonder if the hammer would have actually helped him.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's from Wrecking crew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMnhcuDyePk
Here

@Dryn: Mario had it too.
Well, I mean in this thread. Who did Luigi fight before he was sent to the Loser Bracket? I'm just curious if he had the hammer at that time. The reason I bring this up is because when I was talking about Pit versus Roy, I avoided it, because I was referring to Pit as shown in Kid Icarus, and he had a bigger shield than what you see in Brawl. In the end, Pit lost, which I was expecting, but if he had his Mirror Shield as depicted in Brawl, he would have lost against Fox. So, the resaon why I bring this up is because the outcome of a battle of certain characters could have been different. In this example, if Pit had the Brawl shield, Fox would have won, and Pit would have never ended up fighting Roy...maybe. :dizzy:

tocador

Smash Lord
@Marthage: OK try lifting up a car and tell me the results.

ps: You can use the lever method cause it makes it easier.

Well, I mean in this thread. Who did Luigi fight before he was sent to the Loser Bracket? I'm just curious if he had the hammer at that time. The reason I bring this up is because when I was talking about Pit versus Roy, I avoided it, because I was referring to Pit as shown in Kid Icarus, and he had a bigger shield than what you see in Brawl. In the end, Pit lost, which I was expecting, but if he had his Mirror Shield as depicted in Brawl, he would have lost against Fox. So, the resaon why I bring this up is because the outcome of a battle of certain characters could have been different. In this example, if Pit had the Brawl shield, Fox would have won, and Pit would have never ended up fighting Roy...maybe. :dizzy:
Dryn, in that fight we didnt "choose" a luigi, meaning that it could be anyone.

So we are choosing him this fight thus making him more balanced.

Sieguest

Smash Master

Dryn, in that fight we didnt "choose" a luigi, meaning that it could be anyone.

So we are choosing him this fight thus making him more balanced.
I've done so...<.<

anyway So if Luigi had a hammer would this really turn the tables...

we still have Diddy beating him in strength and agility...

justaway12

Smash Master
Well, I mean in this thread. Who did Luigi fight before he was sent to the Loser Bracket?
He fought Mario.

@Tocador: I DO! :(

@Marthage: Diddy may beat him in strenght but now it is just who gets the first hit. I'll get back to you in agility,even though I would consider him REALLY athletic considering all his sports games. Which reminds me, can Luigi have his Bike from Mario Kart Wii.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
He fought Mario.

@Marthage: Diddy may beat him in strenght but now it is just who gets the first hit. I'll get back to you in agility,even though I would consider him REALLY athletic considering all his sports games. Which reminds me, can Luigi have his Bike from Mario Kart Wii.
Um the bike is pushing it, what Luigi needs is his hammer. I mean really the vacuum is only good for fighting the undead.

Sieguest

Smash Master
He fought Mario.

Are sports games truly from canon though? we disregarded sports statistics in previous arguments...
Now make a baboon lift it.
hmmm....where's the closest zoo?
Crap 6 hours away...there's no way I'll make it in time....hmmmmmm >.>
*gets in a car*

tocador

Smash Lord
Are sports games truly from canon though? we disregarded sports statistics in previous arguments...

hmmm....where's the closest zoo?
Crap 6 hours away...there's no way I'll make it in time....hmmmmmm >.>
*gets in a car*
Hu? You dont have a pet baboon? What type of man are you?

@theguythatwritesinpink: If luigi is going to have his hammer, he cant have a car/bike. We can only choose luigi from ONE game and thats it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Why wouldn't it be canon? Does it conflict with the storyline? I thought we had disregarded the Olympic games because of Sonic.
Yes...we did...
but objectively...a sports game in a series like Mario is usually a spinoff of sorts...it's by no means related to the flagship game series that we all associate Mario with....adventure games....which would throw it out of canon...
Hu? You dont have a pet baboon? What type of man are you?
<.< I'm poor...

UncleSam

Smash Master

I want to see the article of this
you expect the human race to be perfect even though we are far from it

Top Bottom