• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TC's Smash Café: January 29th, 2011 Results

If the owner were to give us more time, would you like to attend another TCSC event?

• Sure Tech!

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Nah bro, you should find another venue.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

fZk

Smash Lord
Really fun tourney and well ran despite the complaints about pools, which I think were completely fair except for one minor point, ask if you want to know what. I couldn't believe I was out of the venue and on my way home before 10pm.

Please change my name to fZk (litle-f big-Z little-k). About character usage, I also went Diddy on dubs. T-bonz used Wolf and SHero used Ike.

Shoutouts:
1: Lain ($172.00) - Good **** as always. You almost lost a couple of sets, but you were clutch as hell.
2: Judge ($80.00) - Nice to see ya again. I know I had you nervous in our set, I'll beat you next time.
3: L_Cancel ($50.00) - <3 L. You're so good I was rooting for you to win it all.
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00) - Didn't play but it was nice talking to you, we'll mm next time.
5: Boxxy ($15.00) - Good set, really competitive.
9: Tech_Chase - Thanks for my hoodie and for running a smooth tourney.
9: DarkLouis - Good **** on the comeback, I made mistakes and you capitalized on them.
9: Sumer - Thanks for the ride back, fun talking to you.
13: Ori - We'll get our real match next time.
13: What's the Point - Surprised on the low teams placing, you'll get them next time

*******POOLS CUTOFF********
17: BigDaddy - good set, you kept it close.
17: Roller - you've gotten a lot better, it shows you've put a lot of time into this game lately.
17: Oblivion - We forgot to team.
25: T-Bonz - good set.
25: Goddy - nice seeing you.
25: Oria_Sister- Marcoooo!!! We *****, next time we'll actually try.
25: Gifts - I want to play next time.
25: Apasher - Good friendlies.
25: Gio - You should place higher.

This was quite possibly my last tourney, I may go to WTP's because he's been a great friend and I want his event to be a success but after that I'm done with this game.

man, screw everyone. i'm done playing for fun in singles. i'll just play to win... and win i shall.

prepare for a slew of timeouts next tournament :)

Roller

Smash Legend
@tech, don't worry man, we are still most definitely cool. Everybody is given a tough pool sometimes. nbd, I hadn't meant for the discussion about it to get that out of hand.
@fzk, thanks for the comment. =] Why are you quitting??? =(
@Marco, GGs indeed. And you sir are most definitely on! >=]
@Gio, Beware the wolf. lol Chin up, we'll both do better next time.

Also, not a big fan of the venue, because the guy has already changed things around on us mid-tourney before. I'm not so sure he wouldn't do it again. But I mean if that's the venue you're going to use.. Just make sure he doesn't plan concerts on the same night.

i want to play smart aggro in brawl but i guess i'm not at the appropriate skill level yet. so next time i'm gonna bring firewood and marshmallows awww ya

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I had fun at this tourney. I think I'm going to start playing more Brawl again. I think if I play enough people in person, I'll jump over that last hurdle of not making the PR.

1: Lain ($172.00) - Congrats on getting 1st in the PR. Again. :D
2: Judge ($80.00) -Nice comeback in Losers' Finals!
3: L_Cancel ($50.00) - Losers' Finals was too good. You put in some work.
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00) - Ahhhhhhhh....so close. I'll get you next time. ;) Really gg's!
5: Boxxy ($15.00) - "OH MY GOD." Thanks for the moneymatch dude.
5: Flame ($15.00) - Good to see you again.
7: Azure Kenny - You play Pikachu? lol You got me good. gg's in bracket.
7: Coco - Good to finally play you. I'm still salty about that SD I did. xD
9: Tech_Chase - Quit getting 9th. Thanks for running this. It was fun even though we ended early.
9: Tutu - Dat Dacus
9: DarkLouis -Quit pulling Louses. You had some really good moments for the huge break you took...now just make them consistent.
9: Sumer - Thanks for the moneymatch. :)
13: Dogma - Remember me from LoLis? Good to see you there again even though we didn't talk much.
13: Ori - Nice to see you again!
13: Fzk - Your Diddy is so good. I honestly thought I was gonna lose, but I didn't want to get 13th xD Gg's...I'll be putting in work for the next time.
13: What's the Point - Nice to talk to you again.

17: BigDaddy - Nice to see you again!
17: Xatic - <3
17: Roller -You've gotten better since that Smashfest I went to!
17: Oblivion - Too bad we didn't play.
17: Mesa - Didn't play
17: Mxmrm - Didn't play
17: Maz -Didn't play
17:Jcav - You still beat me in Wolf dittos x_x I agree I have gotten better since last time. Hope to see you at more tourneys in the future. :D
25: T-Bonz - Didn't play. :(
25: Goddy - Thanks for the mm. :)
25: Oria_Sister - lolwut?
25: Gifts - Good to see you again!
25: Apasher - Didn't play :(
25: TPS - Didn't play :(
25: Zeldamaster - Didn't play :(
25: Gio - You played me pretty well in the first match. I have trouble with patient MK's who run the timer. xD
33: SHero - Didn't play :(
33: Ryuts - Didn't play :(
33: Chri - Didn't play :(
33: Bix - Hope you come to more tourneys. Everyone who was in our pool has been to multiple tournaments, so you got a tough one. Hopefully those tips I gave you will help out some.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
1: Lain ($172.00): Good **** getting 1st, like what i predicted xD
2: Judge ($80.00): good **** getting 2nd
3: L_Cancel ($50.00): Dat olimar o_O
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00): Good **** getting top 5
5: Boxxy ($15.00): Good **** getting top 5
5: Flame ($15.00): Nice sets, and good pool matches
9: Tech_Chase: Good pool matches and thx for hosting
9: Tutu: dat ocarina, next time when i use MK, all i have to do is believe xD
13: Dogma: nice marth dittos
13: Ori: thx for assistant-hosting
13: Fzk: good friendlies. i now hate diddy kong xD

17: Roller: good friendlies and thx for teaching chris not to bike spam xD
17: Mesa: good pool matches
25: Apasher: i need to work on my approach
25: Zeldamaster: wish u tried in pools and didnt drop out :(
33: Chris: GET *****! this is what happens when you brag saying that you could beat everyone and bike spam.

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
1: Lain ($172.00) I was so close but i still suck ihy
2: Judge ($80.00) doubles was fun play me on wifi sometime ;D
3: L_Cancel ($50.00) I really wanted to play you in bracket again but doubles was so fun and u ****
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00) this taught me to never use snake vs mk again lol
5: Boxxy ($15.00)i dont think i'v played u since my first tourny we need to play again gj.
5: Flame ($15.00) singles suck
7: Azure Kenny quit sding u girl
7: Coco the claw won the set for me i was so happy lol
9: Tech_Chase you did kinda seem off in the pools we play dont be hungover next time lol
9: Tutu at least you dont hate me :( ggs ur the best sheik ever
9: DarkLouis nice seeing you
9: Sumer /half the roster find a main plz
13: Dogma
13: Ori marth is bad marth is bad marth is bad
13: Fzk
13: What's the Point
17: BigDaddy i love you l2brawl
17: Xatic i love you
17: Roller
17: Oblivion
17: Mesa
17: Mxmrm
17: Maz
17:Jcav
25: T-Bonz
25: Goddy
25: Oria_Sister
25: Gifts
25: Apasher fun games in pools
25: TPS
25: Zeldamaster
25: Gio fun games in dubs
33: SHero
33: Ryuts
33: Chri
33: Bix

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'll do Shoutouts, only know a few people though so, sorry if I don't know you or didn't play you!

1: Lain ($172.00) - My controller is blessed now!
5: Flame ($15.00) - Well ya ***** me pretty good in pools....
9: Tech_Chase - Let's play again next tourney, even if it is just friendlies, I wanna redeem myself haha
9: Sumer - **** me and teach me please.
13: Fzk - Don't quit

17: Roller - I wanna play your ICs... I now know the MU better.
17: Mesa - hehehe scrub
17: Maz - We played about .15 of a game, it was fun though
25: Oria_Sister - ha, ha, we will both **** someday
25: Apasher - Not bad for your first Brawl tourney, just remember it ain't melee ya can't go full out attacking! Just work on that and you'll be real good.
25: Gio - Tough pool, and for real, who plays characters other than MK

lain

Smash Master
SUPA SHOUTOUTS

1: Lain - I'm awsome
2: Judge - Can I just forfeit I wanna go to the club LMAOOOOOO
3: L_Cancel - Still reppin that top 3 like usual despite not having anyone to play with. Good ****.
4: Sparta Kick - I'm glad we didn't have to play lol ><
5: Boxxy - YOU ARE THE BEST MK I'VE EVER SEEN. no really though boxxy, your MK rivals nick's. Keep at it and I'm sure I'll be seeing you more in finals and **** <3
5: Fl@me - 2 gud. Sucks we had to play 2nd round but you made a comeback in losers to have a hype match with SK lol. man you ALWAYS almost ****in beat me, quit it. i do not look forward to seeing you at the next one >:o
7: Azure Kenny - Funniest smasher in MI <3 I'mma not let you **** me in dubz next time foo!
7: Coco - Top 8 despite not seeing you for 5 years lolll good stuff. Learn the snake matchup more yo
9: Tech_Chase - Good **** on running the tournament and still getting a pretty good placing. Typically impossible. You've got legit johns for this one but next time I wanna see you break top 8
9: Tutu - It's tough out thurr for a shiek
9: DarkLouis - I agree. Come to more tourneys. You've been fallin off mang!
9: Sumer - Apparently we need to play more, since all MK dittos isn't actually helping you when you have to play both snakes LMFAO
13: Dogma - The sexy marth main of forever <3 Come to more tournies bro
13: Ori - Good **** making it out of pools. Bad **** choosing random *** chars against me lolll...
13: Fzk - Mannnn you should've definitely gotten top 8 :[ Must not've been feeling it. Come play more before the next tourney and I guarantee you'll channel some of that fZkdhd
13: What's the Point - Don't be discouraged that you didn't do well as usual. 20 people didn't get to even play bracket. If you're bad play got you into top 16, good play will take you even farther

17: Mesa - Mannnn pretty close to getting into bracket. You're a sweet guy Jon, thanks a lot for hooking me up and whatnot, I'ma smoke you down SO hard next time. I gotcho # and all, so we should chill sometime this week (if snow isn't ****in my money up)
17: BigDaddy - For some reason I thought you were a guy I see in Chicago a lot D: sowwy.
17: Xatic - never got that MM >< next time let's just play a bunch of friendlies. whatever MU u want
17: Roller - UGH KATY PERRY. idk what happened, but either u got pool ***** or u just didn't exactly make the right decisions. Regardless I'm sorry, and you KNOW that I rep AA all day, ask me for pointers or tips or make me go watch your matches. srsly
17: Oblivion - :[ wth oblivion. 'sok I know you'll do wayyyyy better next time.
17: Maz - Yo I dunno who the other people were with ya, but you should definitely come out to more tournies. Sorry if I seemed weird or something, I was pretty blazed and on adderall hahah.
17:Jcav - YOU WOLFEN *****. 'sok that you beat my lover (gio) though. Sorry we didn't talk very much, I saw you but I was kinda on a lot of drugs lolololol. Come out more! and bring JKBUK!
25: Apasher - I'll teach you Marf
25: Oria_Sister - ORI'S SISTERRRRRR. lmao. I'ma whip yo *** into shape too Marco >;o
25: Goddy - Goddddyyyyy come ON man. You obviously haven't been getting very much practice, get that *** back in shape yo!
25: Gifts - Sowwy gifts I know you're frustrated :[ Let's play this week. Whenever we're playing, feel free to ask me whatever, I can probably answer like 90% of any questions you might have.
25: Gio - Booty master.

ohh dang i forgot

mesa - omg son you **** you placed higher than me lmao WAY TOO GOOD. PR contender for sure next season! MK DA BESS

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
1: Lain - Haha thanks, I'll definitely try to make it to aa this week. And if not next week for sure. I do have some questions tbh.
2: Judge - K so I figured out how to dougie, I'll teach you next time I see you for mk lessons k? Haha. I think I have your phone charger.
3: L_Cancel - OMG*&#$^_@%&)#@^(*_($@(*)&# YOU MADE IT TO A TOURNY! Haha good seeing you again!
9: Tech_Chase - K so now you found your main DONT STOP USING HIM! Haha thanks for the housing as always. :)
9: Tutu - You > My d3
9: DarkLouis - Good seeing you again, we need to friendly again. I have improved a lot.
9: Sumer - Lawl trying to make money off of me I see? Maybe next time. Haha
13: Dogma - You kinda sorta ***** me game 3. Wasn't sure to ban Brinstar or BF. I used to main Marth and loved fighting on brinstar against non mk's.
13: Ori - :( jsyk first game I took you to last stock high percentage. :p Maybe next time I'll get ya. haha. gg's
13: Fzk - Teach me diddy before you quit k?
13: What's the Point - We srsly need to friendly what is this like 3 tournies in a row we haven't played. Haha

17: Xatic - Good seeing you again. :D
17: Roller - Pool ****ed ftl. You'll get out next time. Next tourny I'm predicting you'll be top 9.
17: Oblivion - AHHHHHH. Almost had you this time. Nice wall infinate btw haha. I love picking picto because of the randomness. 0 - like 60% cause of the rockets. Gg's though.
25: Oria_Sister - Sleep johns are ftl. Got too drunk the night before and wasn't feeling too well. Oh well haha.
25: Gifts - U suck.
33: Ryuts - Go main someone better than ROB. haha

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1: Lain ($172.00) - Great seeing you. Congrats on first. I think I should have tried harder in our set idk why I wasn't movtivated @_@
2: Judge ($80.00) - Great seeing you dude congrats on making money. Your Wario is too good. Fun dubs set.
3: L_Cancel ($50.00) - Too good dude great sets especially singles. I'll get you net time ;)
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00) - nice seeing you dude congrats on making money I'm glad the curse finally broke lol.
5: Boxxy ($15.00) - Sand
5: Flame ($15.00) - **** you DMBrandon Jr. but seriously congrats on first in dubs
7: Azure Kenny - congrats on first in dubs
7: Coco - <3
9: Tech_Chase - great tourney dude the time could be better but its all good
9: Tutu - great set man I was so nervous you played the matchup extremely well. I could tell your practice helped.
9: DarkLouis - nice to see you, mad we didnt play
9: Sumer - great seeing you dude
13: Dogma - Great to see you back on the tourney scene its been way to long.
13: Ori - You played well, just got out played by L and Tutu.
13: Fzk - srry for calling you out man in the threads. You are a really great guy sorry I was a douche I'm normally not like that. Lets get a full money match in next time.
13: What's the Point - we didnt talk or play once lol

17: BigDaddy - Great to see you dude we didnt play once
17: Xatic - <3
17: Roller - fun mm
17: Oblivion - fun in teams dude I think we had something lets just not be 4th seed next time XD
17: Mxmrm - Nice Zelda dude hopefully you come back in the future.
17:Jcav - My fav wolf main great to see you lets play more next tourney
25: Goddy - MLP!
25: Oria_Sister - Sand
25: Gifts - fun mm your diddy is getting a lot better
25: Apasher - fun dubs match
25: TPS - Fun pool set hope you come back in the future
25: Zeldamaster - fun dubs set
25: Gio - mm next time sand master Gio.

Roller

Smash Legend
@DarkLouis, Thanks man, I had fun with our MM. Snake is so hard!! lol

@Apasher, lol np with the bikespam thing. I enjoyed that. XD But yeah, good friendlies and keep working at it! Read up on matchups & techniques. If you put the time in, and keep going to tournies, you'll get better fast. =]

@Ori, fun MM indeed. lol MK dittos on Brinstar <3 Sorry it got a little heated in the other thread btw. I hope we're still cool.

@Gifts, haha, looking back. Had I been just the tiniest bit better with my cg on snake, I could have made it out. And thanks for the faith in me. I'll try not to disappoint! =] Congrats on having your first MM btw. You'll be winning 'em soon enough. Keep working at it, cause you are getting better.

@JonathontheMesa, Sure thing dude, just call me over if you see me standing around. Or call next if I'm playing friendlies. And if you want any matchup tips from me, just ask. You coming to the AA tourney on the 12th?

@Lain. Snake. I need help with them. 0_0 Also, what's good this weekend? We going anywhere? Hit me up.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Shoutouts Time!

1: Lain ($172.00) - Laaaaaain. GJ winning. Always nice seeing you. Your MKs always getting better. I can't cp you to janky stages anymore to scare you off ICs. ;__; Next time!
2: Judge ($80.00) - Juuuudge. It was awesome teaming. lol. You're still amazing for never playing this game. xD Clutch comeback in loser's finals.
3: L_Cancel ($50.00) - Wifi Olimar. Doesn't go to tournies.
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00) - GGs. xD I was glad I got to rematch that wolf! I'm scared to see what you pull out next time.
5: Boxxy ($15.00) - GGs. Your MK has gotten a lot better. I was surprised you didn't go ICs on me. o:
5: Flame ($15.00) -GGs in doubles. You and Kenny were def the best team there. Was hoping we'd get to play again in bracket. Maybe next time!
7: Azure Kenny - Kenny! My wifi training buddy. lol. GJ in doubles, you and flame are amazing. Good seeing you again! Hope we can play more next time.
7: Coco - OLIMAR DITTOS. It was nice seeing you again. It's been awhile! n__n
9: Tech_Chase - Lol I finally made it to another tourney! I liked how we had more room, I think if the owner is flexible in the future this will be a good venue. o:
9: Tutu - Tutu, I'm glad you decided to come. Thanks for supporting me in all of my matches. For awhile you were kind of off, but I feel like you're getting back on your game. Don't give up. <3
9: DarkLouis - We didn't get to talk much! Good seeing you again.
9: Sumer - Thanks for the ride home! Good seeing you too. lol next time we need to friendly. =)
13: Dogma - Dogma! GGs. Been forever. o:
13: Ori - Your ICs are getting better and better everytime. Keep at it!
13: Fzk - fZk! Thanks for everything this weekend. Hanging out, playing, housing me and all that. It was awesome, and was what allowed me to make it to another tourney. <3
13: What's the Point - Thank you for the ride to the venue! GGs in friendlies too.

17: BigDaddy - Nice seeing you again! You're the best for bringing Kenny and Flame to tournies. These guys deserve so much more recognition.
17: Xatic - Xatic! Nice seeing you again. xD Friendlies were fun at the start, let's play more next time!
17: Roller - Roller o: I know it can be frustrating when you get eliminated early because of how the pools or brackets lined up, don't stress it though! Next time come back and show them it doesn't matter what your seed is. ;)
17: Oblivion - Nice to see you again! o:
17: Mesa
17: Mxmrm - GGs in pools!
17: Maz
17:Jcav - Your wolf is so technical! Super fun friendlies. Great to see you again tooo
25: T-Bonz
25: Goddy - Goddy! Nice seeing you again. you always make the car rides more enjoyable. xD
25: Oria_Sister - BEST BREADSTICKS.
25: Gifts - Good to see you again! xD You didn't seem like you felt very well though.
25: Apasher
25: TPS - GGs in pools!
25: Zeldamaster
25: Gio - GIOOOO, Friendlies next time I swear. xD BREADSTICKS!
33: SHero
33: Ryuts
33: Chris
33: Bix

If I missed anyone I apologize! great to see you all again <3

Xatic

Smash Lord
1: Lain ($172.00) - Good stuff lain, I'll have to take you up on that offer of going OoS sometime.
2: Judge ($80.00) - My Coaching skills got you top 3 <3
3: L_Cancel ($50.00) - Stupid Troll. Still <3 you tho
4: Sparta Kick ($28.00) - Didn't catch you around a whole lot this tourney :\
5: Boxxy ($15.00) - Boxxy wit dat MK. No more ICs?
5: Flame ($15.00) - Flame obv better in doubles then in singles. Your Snake still ***** tho. Love you cutie.
7: Azure Kenny - Gratz on dubz. Love you cutie
7: Coco - <3
9: Tech_Chase - Nice Tourney man. Had to lend you a hand at the end but it was no big deal <3
9: Tutu - You're getting the Marth next time. >____>
9: DarkLouis - HELLZ YEAH DL
9: Sumer -
13: Dogma -
13: Ori - You so good at co-hosting.
13: Fzk -
13: What's the Point - Thanks for letting me use your TV :3

17: BigDaddy - Get better at MK dittos scrub
17: Xatic - Get Pool ***** more plz.
17: Roller -
17: Oblivion - ggs in friendlies. your snake is still pretty good :)
17: Mxmrm -
17:Jcav -
25: Goddy - Tough Break in Pools. ggs tho
25: Oria_Sister -
25: Gifts - Pick a character and I'll teach you, you HAVE to stay with one eventually.. lmao
25: Apasher -
25: TPS -
25: Zeldamaster -
25: Gio - ****.

Top Bottom