• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TCRhade's Posse: GRAPHICAL EFFECTS GET! Pics coming up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Tabuu needs his graphic effects. I don't mean using ef _taboo.pac, since the game will just ignore FitGanon.pac if you use it. I mean, I want the file number and graphic ID's from his file to use in PSA.

Hi, guys!

This thread was mainly meant for people who haven't read my posts on the Fully New Character Archive, or who don't want to bother with skimming page after page to find them. And before you report it to Bionic, I asked Segtendo if I could make this thread, so if he said yes it's ok with the rules. The FNCA is full of awesome projects but sometimes finding one is, pardon the expression, a pain in the arse.

So, with no further ado, I present to you a much-anticipated project. One many Brawlers were awaiting since clearing the Subspace Emissary. You've seen many Brawl players in forums, blogs, and all sorts of sites in the beginning weeks and months since the game's release asking how to unlock him, and others responded it was impossible. Well, they were right. But all that is about to change! ;)

Now, for my collection of PSA's feature presentation!!

PROJECT TABUU, LEADER OF THE SUBSPACE ARMY​

The evil, cruel man who doomed R.O.B.'s race and showed tons of bad@$$ery in the SSE is soon going to join the ranks as a playable character! By replacing Ganondorf, the first one to have his head handed to him on a platter by Tabuu. :laugh:

Okay, I've received a few complaints about Tabuu being over Ganondorf. I, too, like Ganon, just for the record. However, the general consensus is that while he was bad@$$ in Melee, he just plain sucks in Brawl. He's not at the bottom of that Tier List for nothing. So this project is merely going to try replacing him with an all-around better fighter. To those who want to keep Ganondorf but want Tabuu, all that's left is to wait till Ganondorf's rel file is hacked, like Ike's was, by Phantom Wings, and just port Tabuu over someone else. Better yet, wait till the clone engine. Tabuu will not be switched over to another fighter unless an impossible roadblock presents itself.

Okay, so here's the basic gist.

Tabuu is intended to be a lightweight and fast character, with quite powerful moves, this I say without meaning broken, of course. ;] So, as for weaknesses, well, he's obviously going to be light, so sent flying easily. And no need to talk about Tabuu being a large target. And his moves will be neither Meta-Knight fast or Ganondorf slow. It'll be somewhere in the middle, like a little faster than Mario, perhaps. If at all possible, I would like Tabuu to be balanced enough to be considered for inclusion on the rosters of hacked Brawl tournaments. Actually, if you have any ideas about attributes like that, feel free to contribute ideas. I'm making this project to be enjoyed by everyone.

EDIT: Tabuu is now lighter and floatier, he can jump higher, he walks/runs faster and has a larger shield. Also check out his Entry animations! ;) I tinkered around in PSA and made him feel a bit less like a Ganondorf with a new model and animation set.

First things first, put this code in your GCT:

From Eternal Yoshi! said:
Ganondorf has Tabuu's sound bank:[Phantom Wings]
4A000000 80AD89E0
14000050 00000140
E0000000 80008000
THE PROJECT TABUU TEAM:
TCRhade (me): Leader, model swap, animator, CSPs, BPs, Character Roll Call, stock icons, Trophies, music, stage and initial idea
Snoopy: Bone glitch fixes
Kangaroogreen: Bone fixes
GammaRidley: Also fixes.
Roo525: Animator
Eternal Yoshi: Recolors
hammerbros.98: Recolors, animated texture fix, PSA
dark sonic 15: He hexed the rel for the stage.

MOVESET:

Neutral A:
Point Explosion. Tabuu points forward and causes an explosion. He now has a looping Attack100, meaning he can point-explode infinitely if you hold A. And he counts them down from 1-4 with his fingers like in the SSE, too! Now edited to make it easier to hit grounded opponents.

Side Tilt:
Energy Slash. Tabuu takes his sword/energy blade and slashes it at his opponent. May have a colorful slash graphic depending on what Brawl has available.

Down Tilt:
Energy Trip. Whips out his sword again, except in the squatting position, and sideways and downward. Spikes and will trip the opponent at low %s.

Up Tilt:
Undecided.

Dash Attack:
Blade. Tabuu slides across the stage sideways, turning into a giant shark-shaped blade with his body's core as the "shark's eye". Upward knockback and sword effect.

Forward Smash:
Self Projection. Attacks with his split body, which explodes on contact with an opponent. Slightly slower than most of his other moves, but has a lot of KO potential.

Down Smash:
Rapid Chop. Rapidly slashes the area in front of him 4 times. The first 3 hits have enough hitstun to keep opponent trapped in the attack, with decent knockback on the final hit.

Up Smash:
Awaiting Roo's animation for it.

Neutral Aerial:
Electric Shield. Electrical fragments from his core surround him, circling him. If the player is anywhere within the area contained by the sparks, they will take constant damage akin to Mewtwo's NAir. Multi-hit with KO potential.
[/URL]

Up Aerial:
Boomer Spin. Summons his boomerang, lifts it up and spins it rapidly. Multihit with decent knockback on the instant he begins putting it away. Sword type.

Forward Aerial:
Clap: Tabuu slaps his hands together quickly. Sword type sweetspot on his hands, and normal, weak hit if only his forearms connect.

Down Aerial:
Palm explosion. Essentially, the last, explosive hit of his Bullet Rain attack in the SSE. Slow, but massive power.

Down Throw:
Cage Attack. Tabuu turns into his golden cage and slams the opponent into the ground.

Neutral Special:
Bullet Rain. Fires tiny pellets with his right arm. Faster, shorter and more punishing version of the same SSE attack.

Aerial Neutral Special:
The attack he uses to repel Ganondorf and Master Hand when he first shows up. Basically, a force field from his core knocks the opponent backward. Electric damage.

Side Special:
Boomerang Toss. Summons his large boomerang and flings it forward for average distance. Vulnerable and unable to move while it's out of his hand.

Aerial Side Special:
Flying Slash. Summons his sword and glides forward.

Down Special:
Eye Lasers. Based on the same attack in the SSE battle, except smaller sized.

Aerial Down Special:
Dragon Cannon. Takes out his large cannon and fires a beam out of it. Electric Type damage. Lots of start-up lag, but absurdly powerful.

Aerial Up Special:
Flight. Jumps up and then flies diagonally in the direction he's facing. When he flaps his wings a second time, the tips of his wings give an opponent electrical damage with some hitstun.

Final Smash:
Off Waves: Sends massive shockwaves from his winged form that kills opponents on contact.

Other eye candy! :awesome: Orange and Yellow colors are at your discretion, you can choose 1 or the other. They replace the Black recolor:

CSS:

Stock:

HUD/BP/Name:

Title Screen/SSE Ending:

Classic Mode:

Character Roll Call:

Replay icon:

Trophy pics:

Challenger Approaching screen:

WiFi Friend icon:

Classic Ending:

All-Star Ending:

How to play against Tabuu:
Tabuu is a large, quick, long-ranged fighter. A lot of his moves have large hitboxes and can hit from far away. (His Dash Attack and Aerial Down B are good examples). He isn't easy to approach and can juggle you with most of said moves. His grab is also deceptive, as its range is shorter than the chain indicates. However, he is large and light, and a slow faller, so he can easily be comboed and juggled to his doom when you do manage to get close to him. The best way to deal with a Tabuu is to use projectiles and try to get behind him. Once you've got him at your mercy, then try to combo and immobilize him, since his fall is easy to predict. Look out for his teleport dodging, though, as it can disorient you. Just try to use his size and light weight against him and punish him for any mistakes he makes. A well-placed U-Tilt, for example, can keep him off balance long enough to combo. And whatever you do, do not allow him to grab a Smash Ball. His Final Smash is very effective and will send you soaring clean off the stage. If those Off Waves are used, you're pretty much screwed.

How to play as Tabuu:
As mentioned above, Tabuu's speed and size can easily allow him to dart from one edge to another and cover the whole stage. That Dash Attack is large and has a massive hitbox, so it can come in handy against campers and projectile spammers. The Aerial Down B is also a good move to use for this purpose. The NAir is difficult to pull off properly, and the DAir has some start-up lag but great power (the hitbox is essentially unchanged from Ganondorf's, except with fire damage and different trajectory. A good move to use to stun and trap players is the Down Smash. It has very little startup lag and decent speed, although the opponent may be able to shield before the final hit. The FSmash is good against players who often lay down (DownU/DownD) as the hitbox is basically on the ground below Tabuu's feet. If the Neutral B Ground connects, it can severely punish careless opponents and set them up for a DTilt or FTilt, which are also quick, effective and long-ranged. Use the SideB Ground sparingly. It has a little startup lag and he can't move while throwing it. And also be careful when using Down B Ground. The size change may cause him to touch a stage hazard or set him up for an attack. The Neutral A combo is fast and can juggle careless opponents because of its upward trajectory and low knockback. The Final Smash, his trademark Off Waves, is even harder to dodge than before, as the hitboxes instantly span the whole stage, and the effects don't indicate it as such. It's tricky and deadly, so most of the time you won't need to worry about missing your opponents. It'll wipe them right off the stage.

Stage and BRSTMs:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sd4cvdinsw5nqbw

Trophies:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xun6cefocdt4jka
http://www.mediafire.com/?texiwx1pl6q2w8t

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yl805mbrfepzb
You know what to get to play as Tabuu. ;)

Enjoy, you guys. ^_^

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
OTHER FIGHTERS

Under construction!!

True Killable Giga Bowser (Super Smash Bros. Series) (ON HOLD DUE TO YOSHI'S IDIOTIC PROGRAMMING)
Over: Yoshi
Comments: Inspired by Eldiran's Killable Giga Bowser PSA.

You'll need this soundbank code said:
Yoshi has Bowser's Soundbank
* 4A000000 80AD89E0
* 14000010 0000000F
* E0000000 80008000
Current Issues:
-Turns invisible on side special
-Slope Model Movement a little wonky on one toe
-Opponents turn invisible when grabbed
-No proper shield
-Specials don't do anything.
-Some animations are from Bowser and thus look funny so I need to edit them.

Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22272&Moderated=All

Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
Over: Snake
Comments: A model hidden inside a stage hack inspired me to rip it and watch Bleach and make this.

Current Issues:
-Dies when grabbed/thrown by slow animations

Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) (ON HOLD UNTIL I GET MIKU'S PROJECT DIVA MODEL WORKING)
Over: Ness
Comments: My favorite Vocaloid joins the Brawl, ready to take the crowd by storm with her dance/music-related moves.

Update#2: Crashing when thrown fixed, and new animations being made!
Wait1: shakes her hip, kinda like dancing.

Up Taunt: Dances in place while listening to her headphones.

FSmash: Sonic Scream. Forms her hands into a megaphone and sings a loud note, sending a musical shockwave.

Down Taunt: Caramelldansen. Not by me: Credit to: Kit Ballard.

Current Issues:
-Items are on her left knee.

"Real" Bowser (Super Mario Bros) (ON HOLD UNTIL BOWSER'S MODEL CAN BE REBUILT)
Over: Bowser
Comments: After being dissatisfied with Bowser and his model/moveset, I decided to make a completely new one. Uses his model from New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Current Issues:
-Freezes when shielding, footstooled, grabbing/being grabbed
-Has TransN glitch
-Sometimes turns invisible on moves Brawl Bowser uses his extra shell.

Lip (Panel de Pon)
Over: Peach
Comments: Thanks to StarWaffle's unfairly discarded vertex hack, my most wanted SSBB contender finally appears!

Update #1: Lip's Stick and Kirby's Pink Block (Lip's Garbage Block) successfully ported over Peach's articles.

Lip's Stick is over the Parasol while the Block is over Toad.
Current Issues:
None

Chiyako Amami (Original)
Over: Falco
Comments: My current fictional, ehm, crush. ^^; By Data Drain and originally on Marth, she's ported over Falco and will have a full moveset of her own.

Update #1: Most movement and guard animations done, footstooling/escape/jumps done, Wait1/2 and Dtilt done. Hexed out some polygons to improve her Metal form.

Current Issues:
-WaitItem works weird
-Specials do nothing (I cleared out the code in the subactions for later)

Other possible plans:
Crazy Hand over Olimar
Mizzo over ??
Duke Nukem over Snake
Tetra over Toon Link
Dracula over ??
Maria Renard over Peach

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet
Nice!! I'm loving the ideas of this project, but I just wanna know one thing...how tall will he be?
will he be bigger than Ganon or smaller?

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Well, like I said above, the parts that will take the longest and will be the most tedious are the polishing and the PSA. I'm looking for PSA help more right now, though.
I really wish I could help but I dont know anything about PSA. All I know is porting, hexing, recoloring, animating, and resizing. Let me know if I can help.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I really wish I could help but I dont know anything about PSA. All I know is porting, hexing, recoloring, animating, and resizing. Let me know if I can help.
Are you good at replacing graphics? (like bp's and such) I have a puzzling issue.

Well, I'd like to take a look at sound effects and his ef_taboo file.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
A lightweight who is large and has long ranged attacks? Well, he's bringing something new to the table so this guy's getting a huge stamp of approval.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
so is this gonna be tabuu taken down to a regular character's level, or regular ol' tabuu, just with an actually fun moveset?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
so is this gonna be tabuu taken down to a regular character's level, or regular ol' tabuu, just with an actually fun moveset?
Well, he'll be weaker than normal Tabuu, to not be broken of course, but it'll be regular ol' Tabuu as well, with most of his moves from the SSE.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Would you mind putting the pics in spoiler tags? So the page doesn't take forever to load. Please and thank you. ^-^

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
[.collapse]

It's easier to figure out on kc-mm but there you'd get pestered for a god version of this, lol.
I would not make a god version of Tabuu. Period. Unless there's like some kind of god Smash Bros. mod with only broken characters. XD

New animation previews coming up. I finished the Ladder animations!

Preview:

That's right. LEVITATION, folks. ^_^

Up:

Down:

And an updated Side Tilt. ^_^

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wow, this looks insane man. I should try this out sometime since it looks great.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Wow, this looks insane man. I should try this out sometime since it looks great.
Why thank you! ^^

The MotionEtc is not updated yet on my Mediafire, I should do that now. And done.

And yet another anim coming your way. :]

Aaaand here!

YOU'SA GOIN' DOWN, CHUMP!

His new Up Taunt! ^_^

=3

Higure Hokousha

Smash Rookie
In regards to the "weighted feet," I'd guess the PSA includes the command to adjust footing for a slope. It's trying to make him stand on the ground properly.

If you remove that, it may help. If not, you may need to change the air/ground/etc. state. Not sure.

This is a very impressive piece of work, good luck.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
In regards to the "weighted feet," I'd guess the PSA includes the command to adjust footing for a slope. It's trying to make him stand on the ground properly.

If you remove that, it may help. If not, you may need to change the air/ground/etc. state. Not sure.

This is a very impressive piece of work, good luck.
It's strange though, because any pose based on this one displays properly. :/ Hmmmmm...

We'll see. I'd like someone seasoned in this to help me.

And thank you. :)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
yeah i think in PSA you can just tell it not to generate aritcle.

or get rid of all stuff in Down taunt section.

but a good psa/character needs patience.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well... patience is also needed to animate, and I'm handling that pretty well, I think.

And you can PSA within the Tabuu program, right?

And I LOVE working on Tabuu. All of his polygons and extra articles give me a crapload of creative freedom and are a blast to animate! ^_^

Link40

Smash Cadet
You're doing very good work right now, I can't wait you to be done ! ^^

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Thank you so much for the compliment. ^_^

I am going to keep playtesting for now before making new animations.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ah, well do you mind if I send him your way once all animations are done?

Thank you very much, I appreciate the offer. ^_^

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
Ah, well do you mind if I send him your way once all animations are done?

Thank you very much, I appreciate the offer. ^_^
no but i mean to fit it with asynchronimus timer only without this it doesnt work
if you want ill make it and when the animations are done i fusee it

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
...asynchronous timer? O.o
is to fit attacks,gfx,sfx,etc to the frames of an animation
to say in what frame what do you want to happen
thats why i need complete animations
its very important without this wont work

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, I know it's against the rules of the forum to double post, but people have obviously lost interest in this project, so I feel it necessary to bump this thread.

Roo, if I sound like a nag, I apologize, but I would like to see what you have done thus far. This is mainly so I can see what's already done so I don't make duplicate animations, but so this project can move forward a bit.

Thanks.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Okay, I know it's against the rules of the forum to double post, but people have obviously lost interest in this project, so I feel it necessary to bump this thread.

Roo, if I sound like a nag, I apologize, but I would like to see what you have done thus far. This is mainly so I can see what's already done so I don't make duplicate animations, but so this project can move forward a bit.

Thanks.
I'm sorry TCR. D:
My main computer was shot with 120 trojan viruses, and the one I'm using can't play the animations, and therefore I cant make them. I'm hoping to have it fixed soon though.

I'm sorry. :(

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Oh, dude. :c I'm terribly sorry about that. :< If I had known... D: I wouldn't have been such an impatient ****...

Well, Good luck on getting it fixed. :]

Link40

Smash Cadet
Oh, dude. :c I'm terribly sorry about that. :< If I had known... D: I wouldn't have been such an impatient ****...

Well, Good luck on getting it fixed. :]
You should make a thread on Kitty Corp Meowmix, I'm sure people at there will be able to help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom