• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TBO Introduces: ~PUB-licity~ Purdue University Brawl

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

March 5th, 2011
~One Day Event~

Introduction:

Welcome to heights and howls of our towering headquarters. The Black Order welcomes you to take part in our numerous training activities and brawls. Particularly brawls. Lots of them.

LET US BEGIN!

The Society's Location: TOP SECRET!*

Harrison Hall at Purdue University - Lower floor Lounge Room
107 MacArthur Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47906-4232

Parking
https://www.purdue.edu/parking/visitors.htm

Visitors can park in areas marked with plaques that have A, B, or C on them all day free of charge, and there is also paid parking in the garages on campus. You can also park at the Stadium parking area if there isn't a lot of people there I think, but it's a bit of a walk to get down to Harrison.

-Areas of Eatery-
Harrison Grille

Harrison Hall (the location we're at) has it's very own awesome little restaurant that serves ice cream, smoothies, subs, sandwiches, popcorn chicken, fries, and other meals. It's fairly large and hard to miss, you can see it up the stairs on the main floor to the right if you entered the building from the south side entrance. Left and down the hall farther if you entered on the north end. It's open at 2 pm and stays open until 1 am. :)

McDonalds

Subway

Dining Courts

There is a McDonalds down Northwestern, a Subway on the south side of campus right in front of Purdue Village practically and across from Harrison, and of course, the dining courts are available for anyone that wants to spend like 10 dollars on all you can eat (credit card I think is accepted). They are open from 6:30-9:30 AM, 11 AM - 2 PM, and 5 PM - 8 PM.

If you need directions just ask!

Scheduling:

March 5th, 2011

9:00-10:30 am - Setup, Venue Opens at 10:30
11:00 am - Doubles Registration Starts
12:00 pm - Doubles Start on the dot!
12:00 - 2:30 - Doubles*
1:30-3:00 pm - Singles Registration
3:00 pm - Singles Pools
5:00 pm - Singles Bracket Starts
12:30 pm - Cleanup, Venue Closes at 1 for sure

This is a tentative schedule. We may start things on time or we may start early depending if everyone is done with matches quickly or something. Please keep that in mind and always be available during bracket play and pools.

PUB Fees
Venue Fee - $5.00
:: TV or Wii - Venue Fee - $3.00
::: TV AND WII - Venue Fee WAIVED

Doubles - $10.00 Per Entrant ($20.00 Per Team)
Singles - $10.00

Singles Payout:
NOTE: Guaranteed 100 Dollar Pot Bonus if 40+ Attend for Singles!
1st: 50%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 13%
4th: 8%
5th: 2.5% (or money back)
5th: 2.5% (or money back)

Doubles Payout:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Rules of the Order

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s Grab Release Infinites against Ness.

* No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

* If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit, the penalty will not be enforced. The Edge Grab Limit will be 35 on every stage but Norfair, on Norfair it will be 45. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 15. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.

* Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The Same will be for Ganons Murder Choke and Kirby/DDD swallowcides.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

The Black Order will not be held accountable for anything you may have lost, had stolen or damaged during the course of this event.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set. Stage-striking usually goes by 3, 4, 1 (P1 strikes 3, P2 strikes 4, P1 strikes one more).

Neutral Stages:

-Battlefield
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokémon Stadium
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks:

-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheon
-Green Greens
-Norfair
-Pictochat
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

ATTENDANCE!
1. Krystedez
2. B3@ST
3. 4biddin
4. Calebyte
5. Composer
6. Count
7. KassandraNova
8. mustard g&w*
9. Wrath the Furious
10. Spin
11. Infern Angelis
12. Today
13. Dynce/Fino*
14.Y.b.M.
15. Shugo*
16. Asdioh*
17. HadesBlades

*'s are maybes/ifs... The rest... YOU BETTER SHOW D:< NO JOHNS! :) lol j/k.

Set-Ups
Setups are first come first served basis. Those mentioned here get first priority. We are looking up to about 10~15 setups. Please, we need all the help we can get, really. If you're gunna come, and you got a TV/Wii either or, please tell us if you're gunna bring it!
Wiis
1. TBO
2. TBO
3. TBO
4. Count
5. Wrath
6. Video
Tvs
1. TBO
2. TBO
3. TBO
4. Krys
5. Wrath
6. Video

Additional Information Shall Be Presented At a Later Time!
This is to drive up the interest, and hopefully get a good number to come! This is my first attempt at a tournament, and I hope to make the MW proud with it~! Let's go!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Held for TBO Post

Give me a ring if you need help getting to the venue when you're actually on campus. Also if you have problems finding a place to park.

A,B, and C marked parking areas are free parking on weekends if you find somewhere near the venue. There is also Purdue West's Follets Gift store area where there's a Subway and stuff, you can park there just fine as well, and it's right across from the venue practically!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It depends.

Will there be cookies?!

:D

Just kidding, when is it/where is it? Gimme link. (and I will not come to it if you actually post :link2:...)

NVM I seen it on the front page of MW, I wasnt in the MW section LOL

We'll see what happens, I hope to go, depends on Jayford

Count

Smash Champion
This is awesome. Hope I can go, I have a lot of friends at Purdue. And I need to go to something because school owns my soul :/

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I mighttttttttttt be in texas about time this comes around =(...with..

razer
gnes
jerm
trela

lol /name search trap.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
so Texas means you might not be able to come... GOD !@#$ IT.

You better name search trap. I need all the traps I can get. D:

Oh btw, if anyone has qualms with the LGL being in place, you can bite me wait until later and I might put a poll up. IF I can figure out how to do it on this thread >_<

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I was excited for this! Until I saw a lgl. :(
Sigh.
Like I said, if someone can put me in the right direction of a poll, I'll hold a poll.

I'm not really interested either way, I just put it in because it was on the ruleset I copied. :) Either way, it's my first tourney, and I would hope you would go regardless.

Also, all people talkin about being in texas; are you there for whobo? I specifically tried to schedule around that; isn't it on the 19th? D:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
If you at least have a reasonable lgl then maybes. At least over 30. :O

I just hate being scared to grab the ledge. I have issues with not panicing/anxiety with this game while I play, and I like going on the ledge, taking a deep breath and resume my match, but with a lgl I'm always nervous even to do that. And in mk dittos I get confused, because grabbing the ledge is important in that ditto. D: errr...sorry...
/random rant

I would really like to see/play everyone again though! :D

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Man Kassandra stop being afraid of the ledge!

Just beat yo opponent within the time limit awww yeah.

I'm gonna make sure all my matches are DQs because I grabbed the ledge too many times as Samus 'cause I'm a man

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
LGL is set currently at 35/45 norfairz... I hope that's okay. :) If not, well, we'll see what happens. I definitely don't wanna do a LGL-less tournament unless the mass majority wants it LGL-less. Hell, I don't even know what the point is for LGL between MK dittos LOL

But I understand your feelings about it, Im glad you are considering!

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I wanna hold the ledge just like an MK plays
Hold it you can't hit me nair it baby plank with me (I love it)
Luck and intuition just mash B no johns allowed
And after he's behind, I'll grab the ledge and time him out

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hat! Hat shoot huwah hwat! Hat shoot shoot hua HAH!
I shoulda known, just not in my zone
Hat! Hat shoot huwah hwat! Hat shoot shoot hua HAH!
I shoulda known, just not in my zone

Can't stop my, can't stop my, no you can't stop my destiny
COME BACK, when you can put up a fight!

Can't stop my, can't stop my, no you can't stop my destiny
COME BACK, when you can put up a fight!

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
Dang this is the same day my spring break starts. If I don't go anywhere for spring break I'll try to make it to this.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Updated attendance list. Please post if you think you might come, a might/maybe is better than no interest at all! I wanna try to hit the 40 person bonus at least!!

Dnyce

Smash Master
If it was two weeks later I would be there 100%

but I still might go on this date ^^;

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
If I do come here, I might as well say hi to my grandma since she lives close to here. Every video game I play she calls "that youshubi game". That's her russian attempt at saying "yoshi". T_T my grandma is old.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's looking like I MIGHT be able to seal a room or two or at Harrison hall, if anyone is familiar with it. I will update the thread with more information when it comes next week. The cool thing is, Harrison has a little restaurant called Harrison Grille', and it' basically right THERE. Upstairs, to the left. FOOD.

They have great smoothies :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
good luck to all attending

infern + count

"now girl snake your way up and down my banana just the way i like it"

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
hey count, if you want to go to this, i'll ride with and pay for gas XD i need to go to a damn tournament cause i havent been to one in EVER and it makes me =[

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well I updated the attendance list, with a lot of maybes/in betweens, including those of you wanting to go to Texas. I mean seriously. WHOBO is 2 weeks away from my event. Why in the willy wily world would you be in Texas 2 weeks in advance? D:

(and yes I considered that there might be other events besides Whobo on my date, but what else is there that totals the hype of Whobo?! >.>)

Also, I'm waiting for a response for acheiving the venue's official location from the residence hall I mentioned. I want everyone to be aware of common sense and the campus rules, so keep that in mind when I do update.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'll be attending this... Infern and I are winning teams... God Kais... Team name: The Good Guys

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
:colorful: :awesome: :colorful: :awesome: :colorful: :awesome: !VENUE SEALED! :colorful: :awesome: :colorful: :awesome: :colorful: :awesome:
More information will be posted in the very near future! Maps, food location, layout, etc...!

...after my dentist appointment and I quit being sick X_X

Top Bottom