• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TBO Introduces: ~PUB-licity~ Purdue University Brawl

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Sorry guys been really busy.

I'll update the details this weekend promise. I still have the venue at Harrison Hall, I just need to tie up some lose ends with the staff and make sure I get the appropriate number of tables in there.

LETS GET THE HYPE GOING THO, I really want this to be a blast.

Also, If at least 4 God Kais show up we should do a God Kais Vs The Black Order crews match :)

AND SETUPS. WE NEED THEM. PLEASE BRING THEM !!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I know I never confirmed or anything

but I'm not going.

Oreo and Zephil may still be going though.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Thats fine Joey. Sorry to hear you're not coming :(

I updated the main post with maps. I will put directions and/or maps for food places later. Remember, there is one directly in the venue, just up the stairs to the right and left. It's good food, too.

We have McDonalds up north, Subway just a short ~5 min walk away, and other areas off-campus too.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
No matter how many Indiana tournaments there are they are always at least 2 ****ing hours away from Huntington.

I miss the Warsaw venue. );

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Unfortunately, the master troll shall not be making an appearance at this tournament. Sorry Krys.

Don't want to burden my dad the drive there. and no license to drive myself yet.
Also, my lack of my presence will make your attendance list higher.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
well I might be coming to this :O

if I do, Krys we need to do friendlies because I've never played you

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Of course, Asdioh.

Also guys, we might be having some on-campus representation, but most likely they're just going to want to do friendlies. I've asked a few on-campus friends to come, and they don't plan to enter tourney (not interested in playing for money) but they would love to play for the fun of it so I'm planning on having a set up or two for friendlies only unless you guys that DO come (and if a large number come) drop the ball and don't bring set ups.... I think we might end up with 3 setups total from TBO, it's up to you guys from then on! 20+ entrants on 3 TVs isn't very fun, at least, I hope we get 20+! (not counter TBO)

Whoever comes, I will definitely give you venue fee off for a setup, we need this to go smoothly or it won't be much fun for anyone D:

And I'm so glad that you guys are even considering going even if you're far off XD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay this weekend's it, are any of you guys bringing set ups? We will still need them, I especially want to do friendlies and stuff after the tourney is over if possible!

Count

Smash Champion
I probably gotta peace out right away but Hades and I are confirmed, btw.

I could bring a wii but not a tv. Would that help at all?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Count that's fine, a wii is actually good because we have one or two TVs already in that room but I need to make sure if we can use them haha.

Please bring your A-game, I want to play the best Diddy in the Midwest again :3

I will be updating attendance list sometime tonight :) and Im sorry to hear you wont be coming Excel D:

Count

Smash Champion
I'll do my best :) And AZ isn't coming :p

I'm just excited to see/play you and the rest of the Purdue crew again :) plus everybody else that comes!!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
lol, I havent actually gotten to play AZ yet unfortunately, so I cant really tell I guess XD

Guys, remember: 100 dollar pot bonus if 40+ enter Singles! Bring all you can who wants to participate! I've also added a few things (places to eat, and schedule changes mainly, along with a link to parking stuff)

Hope that can suffice. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's fine, its going to be a small tourney Im sure so we'll not be strapped for time but just do let me know via the topic if you're gunna be late or PM, and I can also pm you my cell number.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
There's a Purdue West Gift store right near Harrison, where Subway and whatnot are.

Red circle is parking area, orange is Harrison.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Count said he was bringing a wii, Hades, are you brining anything?

I don't know how much more I can state this, but we really could use some set ups...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Necessary Triple Post is necessary.

Updated second post of thread with phone number (mobile), call if you have concerns or are gunna be late.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
sadly I don't think I'm going :( i planned on going with Joe but he's doing stuff and so is calebyte and I'm not really gonna travel by myself :c good luck though, i'll see you in the future sometime

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Damnz it :< I thought Caleb was goin D:

Man if the attendance is too hot we may as well just try to have fun after the tourney is over if anyone is willing to stick around. With the way things are lookin, doubles might be pretty sad attenadance wise... :(

Still I cant wait to see all who do plan to come.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Guys, important, I'm going to be opening the venue officially at 10:30, but I don't see any harm in you hanging around waiting for us. I will be getting someone to help me truck a TV over to the venue at 9:30 and then should have thing generally set up and stuff at 10, but we'll see how it goes.

Just don't freak out if you are there at 9 on the dot and no one is there right then XD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
AGAIN:

317-946-9788

Call if you have ANY questions/problems about the tournament. Room is C109 (its the biggest room/lounge, hard to miss) down stairs from the lobby. Enter the building from the east side. Lots of MacArthur drive are closed on the southeast end, nearing W. State.

I suggest parking at the PWF parking area (it says parking only for customers, but that's mainly for the weekdays. I'd still try to find somewhere close if you CAN. Remember, A, B, and C parking marked areas are free, and there is always the garage.)

If you brought a setup and need help so you don't waste energy looking for the room, call.

Sorry for the last minute !@#$.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Hope this went well, sorry I wasn't able to make it. I had to work, and I also had to drink coffee with a girl.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
sadly I don't think I'm going :( i planned on going with Joe but he's doing stuff and so is calebyte and I'm not really gonna travel by myself :c good luck though, i'll see you in the future sometime
Is getting in contact with Xero that difficult? Granted I was somewhat busy last Saturday, but that has nothing to do with the current question!

Top Bottom