• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap jump up b, and max range up b on ledge

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Pretty much since I started playing I have always had this issue with tap jump where I have gained habits to use it for quick aerials from the ledge and doing something like a marth dair, I will tap jump and dair instantly for using it off stage. I tried playing without it and i had a really hard time playing. Because of tap jump I can't really use up b offensively when people are above me and get the meteor hitbox because I'll jump up to them half the time and i have to be more percise, thinking about not hitting tap jump. I love the pillar combo possibilities of up tilt up b etc but it's way too hard and sometimes when I recover I accidentally tap jump up past the ledge and get hit. I heard people talking on azpm about how you can get more options from tap jump like some jump cancel stuff so when I learn about that I'll already have it on. I'd like to know what you guys use and if you have any advice to help I feel like my game is limited in some parts right now because of it.

-

So I'm sure everyone has seen this but I want to make sure there isn't anything else to it. If you use up b off stage at max horizontal and vertical height samus will instantly pretty much teleport to the ledge, this has happened a lot but last night I was practicing with a friend and he held ledge, I got the max range up b but I didn't go to the ledge I did what looked kind of like a down b then I had to up b again.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
you need to do up b as if it's an up tilt essentially and all your problems are remedied. As far as grounded up b it sounds like you're just too slow since you should be cancelling your jumpsquat with UpB regardless.

Last edited:

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Would you mind explaining jump squatting, never heard that term

Last edited:

prem

Smash Apprentice
when you press jump on the ground, there are those 4 frames that zss (and every other character takes) squatting before they jump. its not standardized and some people don't all ahve the same jumpsquat, but basically for grounded upb you just have to press upb during those 4 frames she squats before she jumps and you won't leave the ground

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
when you press jump on the ground, there are those 4 frames that zss (and every other character takes) squatting before they jump. its not standardized and some people don't all ahve the same jumpsquat, but basically for grounded upb you just have to press upb during those 4 frames she squats before she jumps and you won't leave the ground
Thanks c:

Top Bottom