• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampora 2.0 (April 29th - May 1st) Finland

Loota

Smash Journeyman
This was our biggest Smash tournament to date with some swedes entering also. We all thank RTpmwe for the tournament, it was an incredibly fun one. The swedes took almost all of our money lol but it doesn't really matter at all.

Melee Singles Results
65 entrants, 7€ entry

[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

1. Armada (220,5€)
2. leffen (132€)
3. IVP (66€)
4. pepito (33€)
5. Randomness
5. pepi
7. Nipi
7. Jadde
9. MikeHaggar
9. mayhem_
9. Yuna
9. Aniolas
13. MasterTK
13. Paju
13. Vilu
13. Rocky
17. bËst
17. Sale
17. Laatikko
17. udikku
17. NamiNami
17. Android
17. Smasher89
17. Samo
25. Über
25. saska
25. hopo
25. RT
25. AJP
25. Susi
25. ccst
25. Skinutski

--Pools cutoff----------

33. Darch
33. phail3d
33. PeliQ
33. Jaxi
33. Hippieetu
33. Zoler
33. xzx
33. Turso
41. Grimmair
41. Jack
41. Cimo
41. Heru
41. Pena
41. zÄp
41. -LzR-
41. Jere
49. Zumma
49. Hara
49. Eebro
49. Aleksi
49. Jebu
49. Jage
49. Bürz
49. Izaw
57. AtomicTroop
57. Cleftor
57. Fraeon
57. Jekkukissa
57. Smapo
57. Riolu
57. C
65. Hillo

Melee Teams
50 entrants, 7€ entry

[collapse=Singles]
[/collapse]

1. Armada+Aniolas (210€)
2. IVP+Pepito (105€)
3. AJP+leffen (35€)
4. Jadde+Randomness
5. Android+Smasher89
5. Samo+NHJ
7. Paju+NamiNami
7. Yuna+Zoler
9. bËst+Über
9. Sale+Rocky
9. Jaxi+VilNess
9. Hara+MikeHaggar
13. TK+udikku
13. loota+peliq
13. RT+hopo
13. mayhem_+saska

--Pools cutoff----------

17. xzx+ccst
17. C+Jack
17. Jage+Turso
17. Zumma+Cimo
21. zÄp+hippi
21. Schwa+Jebu
21. mmKALL+Phail3d
21. Heru+Riolu
25. Ebro+Susi

Brawl Singles
36 entrants, 5€ entry
Pool results were lost =/

[collapse=Singles]
[/collapse]

1. Skinutski :dedede: :luigi2: (90€)
2. Izaw :sheik: (54€)
3. Laatikko :lucario: (27€)
4. pepito :metaknight:(9€)
5. Jage :snake:
5. leffen :falco:
7. Jebu :warioc: :dk2:
7. xzx :warioc:
9. Vurky :falco:
9. Heru :olimar:
9. Riolu :ganondorf:
9. ccst :rob:
13. Schwa :diddy:
13. Smasher89 :popo: :metaknight:
13. bËst :olimar:
13. Susi :ness2:
17. zÄp :ganondorf:
17. Über :rob:
17. Jaxi :pikachu2: :metaknight:
17. Turso :sheik: :metaknight: :ganondorf:
17. WMK :snake:
17. -LzR- :jigglypuff:
17. Jadde :yoshi2:
17. Cleftor :fox:

Brawl videos found here
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBBFIN

...please correct me if you notice any mistakes.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to edit this as we get videos uploaded on YouTube. Unfortunately a lot of Brawl sets didn't get recorded but at least the grand finals, losers semis and and the other losers quarters got recorded and some other stuff as well.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Skinutski i heard ur a idiot in real life , dont know any of these players but good job to izaw ;p

Jage

Smash Rookie
NNID
JageJH
I don't get why people hate Skinutski <_<
He's a really nice guy when you get to know him.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
I asked Skinutski, and he said that he hasn't said anything like that. Maybe Izaw misunderstood something that Skinutski said.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Izaw should have ***** this tournament... I mean cmon, how did he lose to Finland?! FINLAND?!!? Finland dun exits...

Paju

Smash Journeyman
What about if he says "Yeah Right Scrub" when your playing a tournament set against him?
And when has he said something like that? But oh wait, you propably know the best as you even wasn't on the tournament...

Edit: I don't know has Izaw heard something wrong what Skinutski said or is he just ****ing salty after losing but that hate from nowhere is just redicilous.

leffen

Smash Champion
man this trip was so horrible in so many ways, yet so great in just as many ways lol.

rant:
The tournament organizing SUCKED. It was, literally, the worst organized smash tournament I've attended so far (not including DH, I also heard some of helios previous tournaments were a failure in the **** getting delayed aspect).

No assigned tvs, brawl/melee being played during the others pool play, random *** breaks that weren't announced, horrible seeding, even crappier bracket... and I know, RT's new, but seriously, then know your limits.

If you realize that you are crap at seeding swedes because you're new in the scene, go and ****ing ask for advice (wth happend to asking swedes about the seeding? and when we finally got a chance to look over the horrible bracket/seedings matches "had already started" and thus couldnt be changed anymore...).

The scene isnt new and most people will play as long as the tournament is reasonably organized (for example, since no1 knew who the swedes/finns were, why not assign someone from each country to be in charge of getting people playing for every pools and during bracket?) but this tournament wasnt even close and tbh, it didnt seem like anyone honestly tried organizing it either. When you realize tournaments sets have to be played at fkn 2am only to start again at 10, make a fvcking announcement. 99% of the people I asked didnt know when the bracket was gonna be held, when there were pauses etc.

and man, do the brawl scene suck. I'm so glad we don't have one in sweden, delaying melee tournaments, attracting dem douches and putting the average mental age under 13 and taking up space was all brawl ever did.

Brawl bracket being played during melee bracket was a really terrible idea... if I had known that it was gonna be held at the same time I would never have entered brawl. Throwing my brawl set vs loota was the best decision ever, I probably wouldn't have placed nearly as good in melee if I hadn't thrown it... being forced to play both games with no breaks inbetween to ensure that melee doubles would be played at all wasnt worth it.

The only people capable of socializing that I met were, with a few exceptions (Izaw ;D), all melee players. The others just sat there, concentrating so hard on playing as gay as possible to win in a game that you dont have to play to be good in lol.

end rant:

TLDR
Brawl sucks.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd also hate on Brawl if I was as horrible at the game as you are yo

:059:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what's up with Izaw spreading these stupid accusations, Skinutski himself is also very confused about this and no one of us saw or heard anything that could've have lead to this. I'd like to hear what caused all of this crap.

leffen

Smash Champion
Skinutski acted like an *** lol, tho it probably was just him being proud/feeling cocky about beating Swedes, as sweden obliterated finland in every game that the swedes actually play. Big woop.

edit: One of the scenes the I overheard was when Skinutski was leaving. Izaw said "Cy a, I'll get my revenge next time man"
Skinutski looked at him and said "****" and left.

Maybe he ment well, but still, thats just not okay lmao.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I honestly don't understand any of this ****storm either. You were welcome to our tournament and we did our best to make sure you had an enjoyable experience. Then you guys came late which made us delay the Brawl tournament which caused the whole tournament to go a little messed up, but it didn't seem like a problem to me at all since we got all of them in time before the tourney ended.
Have you ever hosted a tournament? Keeping on the schedule is almost impossible task to for even smaller tournaments.
And about the Skinutski hate: Skinutski is a great and fun person and I really enjoy it whenever he is around. He is also very smart and a very very good player. Please don't spread this stupid nonsense against him just because you lost to him. He is very nice.

I have spoken.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Brawl bracket being played during melee bracket was a really terrible idea... if I had known that it was gonna be held at the same time I would never have entered brawl. Throwing my brawl set vs loota was the best decision ever, I probably wouldn't have placed nearly as good in melee if I hadn't thrown it... being forced to play both games with no breaks inbetween to ensure that melee doubles would be played at all wasnt worth it.
Who do you think caused Brawl to be delayed? No ****ing one could have predicted that your boat broke a day before before you left. The rules also said that anyone wasn't forced to play any matches after 24:00 so stfu. We all agree that the organizing failed more or less but there is no point being a jerk complaining and bashin people.

leffen do you think people would walk straight to you and start socializing when you didn't do anything but bash Brawl? >_> After you left after our set you just continued bashing Brawl and acted like an elitist. So ask yourself again, who acted like an idiot?

Gheb I'd **** you any day of the week :reverse:

leffen

Smash Champion
Yeah that's the only reason the tournament got delayed.

Really, are you that blind sighted? Most people hadn't even finished/didn't want to play when I started playing pools (which was 2 hours after we first arrived). Even though I started that late I still finished first in our pool and later on also compiled results and wrote what seed ppl got.

Jadde going to sleep was because 90% of the ppl we asked said brawl brackets where gonna start on saturday morning... and noone DQing him/ waking him up only made it worse lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
A big portion of us entered because of the Brawl tournament. It had been decided that the Brawl would be done first out of the way, but then your boat failed. Nobodys fault actually, it was the boat.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Jadde going to sleep was because 90% of the ppl we asked said brawl brackets where gonna start on saturday morning... and noone DQing him/ waking him up only made it worse lol.
Izaw told me that he told RT that Jadde can be DQ'd but RT told me only that he went to sleep, nothing more. That is why we didn't disqualify Jadde since it was well over midnight.

I'm going to edit this as we get videos uploaded on YouTube. Unfortunately a lot of sets didn't get recorded but at least the grand finals, losers semis and and the other losers quarters got recorded and some other stuff as well.
Aaaa I'm sorry I meant only Brawl, I don't know anything about Melee recordings but AJP was at it so it probably went well and everything important got recorded. *edits*

leffen

Smash Champion
The tournament being delayed was only a tiny bit of what was wrong with the organization guys...
(and it wasnt only because of the boat failing, but I guess you have lower standards than Helios tournaments in finland lol)

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
I'm replying mostly on Leffens post

About tournament organising:

We have changed some opinions about how tournament was held and what was done well and what needs some practice

Some of us (including me) thinks that the tournament wasn't so well informated at all. I'm sure TO gets all this **** storm after him, because it should be his responsibility to take care of information as well. The mess up with brawl tournament came from many different reasons: TO himself announced at the beginning that he won't be in charge of brawl tournament so we can't blame him about it. The main reasons what happened with tournament was mostly technical difficulties: Boat accident made it possible to be started very late on friday and after that computer destroyed bracket files and those needed to be rebuild. Also Jadde just went asleep after pools so bracket needed to play on saturday. I don't blame Jadde about it because that could have as well been due to lack of information.

Melee and brawl going on same time sucked ***. But there was "no-can do" situation. I almost throw the brawl bracket because playing melee and brawl at the same time was very bad situation. I dunno how that afected on my own results but I see that just as a big john to blame that

After all: Tournament was fun and seeing and playing you guys was awesome! I'm sorry for myself that I didn't do anything for the tourney even I knew the situation, but I didn't feel comfortable stepping on RT's toes. I was just playing and haveing fun without stress. There some thing those needs to be done better, but I hope you don't throw all the **** on RT eventhough he was the TO. Anyone with experience on seedings/organising (like me for example) should have helped if needed but everyone just sit on their benches wathcing what would happen next.

Hope guys you will attend in Finland again some day! We have organized many so called perfect tournaments. Unfortunately this wasn't our best performance but don't let it be the final judgement! :)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not us guys, the damn tournament organizers who obviously were experiencing different difficulties like the computers shutting down and problems with seeding and everything. **** happens sometimes. Be happy you were allowed to come since it might have been the only time.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's the only reason the tournament got delayed.

Really, are you that blind sighted? Most people hadn't even finished/didn't want to play when I started playing pools (which was 2 hours after we first arrived). Even though I started that late I still finished first in our pool and later on also compiled results and wrote what seed ppl got.

I agree the tournament organizing sucked, but the delay on brawl was also a big factor why the schedule didn't hold (and that is also partly because of the boat). It's sum of many things and ****storm on internet is not going to change anything.

You can criticize the tournament organizing but please do it pertinently. Criticizing is good as that will propably help RTpmwe as tournament organizer as he will know what went wrong and what went right and next time he can do everything better. I also hated how the tournaments got delayed as I missed many events (like hold em and Mario Party) where I really wanted to attend but I realize ****storms are not going to change anything.

I just dislike the ****storm Skinutski got from nothing. He seems like really nice guy and he was also very astonished why suddenly everyone hates him so much. Can you even tell us why you all suddenly hate him so much as we're currently very confused.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
We all agree that the organizing was very lackluster but I'm kinda upset about bashing Skinutski about something he didn't even do or say. People are mad overreacting.

Samochan

Smash Master
Have you ever hosted a tournament? Keeping on the schedule is almost impossible task to for even smaller tournaments.
Pff, you really don't know what you're talking about when you speak of tournament schedule. A good TO can and should be able keep tourneys on time. It's possible even with setbacks such as tv problems and lack of them or other unforeseen circumstances. Neutroni can do it, Best can do it, hell I can do it. On one Oulu tourney for example, we had like 3-4 tv shortage from the minimum, but we still finished in time and had some room for casuals as well as low tiers on sunday morning (which I even didn't need to oversee).

Being inexperinced TO is no excuse when you have a room full of more experienced ones ready to help and asking to help., But apparently our Tampora 2 organizer was too good for us to ask for any kind of aid, even when armada himself had offered to check out the brackets. >_> Hell, Hippieetu's tournament was more of a success cause he seemed to be actually doing something and Best was able to help him out a lot.

Personally I saw so many flaws, easily fixed with a little thought, on this tourney it wasn't even funny. And he was also very rude when such things were pointed out and casually asked about how to fix it and rather played casuals than did his job as tournament organizer. I know from experience that's the last thing organizer should have in their mind when organizing tournaments. Self-sacrificial for the good of the tourney goes hand in hand with organizing finnish smash tourneys. And since I'm a TO myself too, I have all the rights to complain about lousy organizing too. Smashers certainly need all the pushing and shoving around to get anything done besides playing lots of casuals, so TO slacking off = nothing gets done. I know smashers could use a lot of initiative when it comes to playing actual tourney matches, cleaning up, putting stuff in place etc., but it certainly doesn't mean it's our job to do those things.

I don't agree with this Skinutski bashing tho. I saw him play brawl when I was doing team bracket matches and even with my lack of knowledge about brawl stuff, I saw he played very good and izaw just didn't stand a chance. Izaw was completely outplayed, even an idiot could have seen that. It was a well deserved win. So if Izaw's feeling butthurt bout that loss, well get a rematch then. But if he has told **** about skinutski cause he can't handle a loss... I have to point out that, from what I heard of third party person, practicing for 2 hours for some final set in brawl is not only futile but idiotic as well. I apologize if his is wrong information, but im only repeating what I had been told.

But really, whomever is saying skinutski said **** and stuff should just stop. I certainly didn't get the feel he'd **** off anyone and if he did, it was probably harmless trash talk instigated by another player. Laatikko knows him, no? He can probably give more insight in skinutski's true personality. And perhaps we should wait for his account on things before bashing the hell out of him in any case. >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Samochan: My tournaments have never been able to run all the stuff we had planned to. Last time we were already an hour late on the schedule because the planning of the pools took so long.

leffen

Smash Champion
Hah, I love it. People not believing the best in everyone, but they can't even process that it could've happened lmfao.

When you are looking for what people lie about, asking people who think good about them is generally the best way of getting false information.

I do not hate skinutski btw, my previous post regarding him was trollish lol, he seemed like a nice guy, but I dont believe hes completely innocent either.

@Lzr: And what does that tell about your TO'ing skills. LOL.

Samochan

Smash Master
Finland vs Sweden, round 2, fight! hohohohohohohohohoho
Shut up you, you weren't even there. :p

At the very least, it was nice seeing you guys over here for a change, cause we don't get too many outsiders in our smash tourneys. Even with bad organizing, I hope it wasn't a complete **** experience to any of the swedes and that you managed to gather some good stuff of it as well. =)

Skinutski

Smash Rookie
NNID
kinuski
3DS FC
0404-7270-8010
Skinutski acted like an *** lol, tho it probably was just him being proud/feeling cocky about beating Swedes, as sweden obliterated finland in every game that the swedes actually play. Big woop.

edit: One of the scenes the I overheard was when Skinutski was leaving. Izaw said "Cy a, I'll get my revenge next time man"
Skinutski looked at him and said "****" and left.

Maybe he ment well, but still, thats just not okay lmao.
Alright, enough of this.

There's been a slight misunderstanding here that seems to have caused some ****.

I never called anyone names. What I replied to Izaw as I was leaving... was "try".

I know I am not the most social person around, I'm not so fluent with my english, but never did I mean to insult anyone in there at any time.

And about being proud with winning... I'm not the one who was chanting SVERIGE after winning. You should allow me a smile.

Top Bottom