• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talwind's Tournament results

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Not much of a turnout but good players all around. Chibo has the bracket info, so ill put up the images when I get them from him. Doubles was played round robin style.

Doubles

1. M2K and Eggm($30)
2. StriCNYN3 and Deathknight($15)
3. CanISmash and Bnzaaa($5)
4. Chibo and Talwind
5. Ranmaru and Nocash

Singles

1. M2K($66)
2. Eggm($33)
3. StriCNYN3($11)
4. Cactuar
5. Chibo
5. Deathknight
7. Vorosh
7. Ranmaru
9. Alicia
9. Talwind
9. Nocash

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Shout outs:

Full results, turn out I remember them =)
1. M2K - HEY ITS MY MILK. I <3 my milk. But my gf got you milk so there lol. :p So you eat chairs eh? EAT THIS *throws chair at you*
2. Eggm - Nice, glad I got to play you after all this time. I need to find what I did wrong against you. (I need to grab you more lol) But you are right, I should have chain grabbed but sometimes I grab and throw sideways by accident.
3. Strict9 - Good **** man, its very hard to get your falco off stage, but I can be able to gimp you xD But damn, I can't breathe. I WILL GET SOME OXYGEN *oxygen mask*
4. Cactuar - I hope you had your raisin bran of the day. It's quite delicious and nutritous! :D
5. Chibo - Next time I'll want to play your Sheik. :p
5. Deathknight - Good **** with your Falco. I am confident I can beat it in the future, so watch out. :p Yes, your Falco was on point and you even did well on smaller stages. Good low tiers as well. My yoshi sux. :[
7. Vorosh - Hey I didn't play you there at all!
7. Ranmaru - You did a little bit better but you have a long way to go.
9. Alicia - Sorry that you had to play me first. You were doing well though I should be careful in the future. : ]
9. Talwind - Ey man step it up! You can do it. Your pika is good. : D
9. Nocash - Good **** in teams. Yeah, its true, we don't sync well lol. I'll see who I'll team with for MAD.
Was there but did not play singles:
zzij - Good **** man. I didn't play you at all either. lol
CanISmash - I wanted to play your fox lol. Oh well. :p
Bnzaaa - Yeah good **** in teams against us man. I need to work on my team skills.

Eggm

Smash Hero
How was grandfinals? I havn't seen eggm play mew2king in a while.
I won r1 on BF vs his marth then he 3-0ed me with shiek. I went all fox. Sheiks better than marth. Lol. I didn't think so till after this tournament. It wasn't recorded chibo's setup froze on that tv and we never hooked it back up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes I was ALWAYS 4stocked by his sheik. I can tell that is his best character, and that is why I have always tried my best... but sheik is my hardest matchup... :[ along with falco and falcon in the same group lol.

Wait which matches were recorded? xD Which tv?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That's what happens when you try to record with a netbook lol

someday I'll have a normal laptop again and it will all be fine, though the main problem was a faulty usb cable i was using, not the laptop

Really glad with how I placed, 5th with 2 days of solid practice. I feel like I can always catch my skill back quickly with some devotion
shoutoutz later

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
1. M2K($66) Gotta play you more often, I felt I got a lot better defensive wise right after I played you =)

2. Eggm($33) Knocking you out next time =)

3. StriCNYN3($11) You're coming a long way scrub.

4. Cactuar Lol, shoulda never sandbagged the 1st round. Playing you is fun =)

5. Chibo GG's in singles, we need to play more.

5. Deathknight lol at the rest you pulled off in brinstar and good **** in teams. We should def team more often, very cooperative =)

7. Vorosh GG's in Doubles, we need to play more too.

7. Ranmaru, Your Dr was lookin mad scary in our friendlies, you improved more since rom3 which is good, we need to play more =)

9. Alicia Dont think we played together at all, next time though =)

9. Talwind Lol at convincing me to do Singles and Doubles, thanks man, and thanks for hosting, please do more.

9. Nocash lol 5 hours of tech skill practice wit fox, then you go marth first match.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's what happens when you try to record with a netbook lol

someday I'll have a normal laptop again and it will all be fine, though the main problem was a faulty usb cable i was using, not the laptop

Really glad with how I placed, 5th with 2 days of solid practice. I feel like I can always catch my skill back quickly with some devotion
shoutoutz later

Ah ok. Well I hope some things were recorded loool. Especailly our teams matches : ] I would like to see what I did wrong. xD

7. Ranmaru, Your Dr was lookin mad scary in our friendlies, you improved more since rom3 which is good, we need to play more =)
thanks man, we deff need to play more. : D Hopefully at MAD or the Next tunes. : D Your Falco *****. :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Poor turnout is your fault shane ;-;

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You best be practicing cuz I'll **** you even HARDER than at your house lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Go play OTG then son. He's way better than me.

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
Ive played him a couple of times and i do better against him lol I find the more aggresive someone is the better i play, and the more laid back the other player is i lose interest and just walk around lazily lol :awesome:

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
m2k- good stuff wlth my controller.. you can keep it untill pound or you find a better one..

eggm- thanks for driving me and i had nasty combos on you in doubles. next time we need singles

stricnyn3- i needed to get used to my old controller so i practiced tech with fox. if i actually played you with him you would **** on him.

cactuar- DISlike how much effort you put into it. main falcon.

chibo- try to time me out pls?

DK- good stuff.. i shouldnt have went peach.. and my positioning needs work

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
jon- soo close.. i could feel my heart beating... i need to stop choking

carlos- good **** teaming. we have no natural chemistry tho..

talwind- we didnt play. next time we should

alicia- youre getting better = ]

kurt- STOP CHOKING AND GETTING NERVOUS SCRUB.

dave, great friendlies. i feel we both **** eachother up alot

ben, stop getting your shield broken

steve, why didnt we play??

i had lots of fun. going on hiatus untill pound 5 tho. il still go to pound to help run it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ive played him a couple of times and i do better against him lol I find the more aggresive someone is the better i play, and the more laid back the other player is i lose interest and just walk around lazily lol :awesome:
who said I wasn't aggro you dummy. I fair you like all day son.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I won r1 on BF vs his marth then he 3-0ed me with shiek. I went all fox. Sheiks better than marth. Lol. I didn't think so till after this tournament. It wasn't recorded chibo's setup froze on that tv and we never hooked it back up.
Still..taking a game...good job!

July

Smash Apprentice
M2K- Getting to play friendlies against you was just awesome. Your skills=mind blown
Eggm- I didn't get to play you, hopefully next time!
StriCNYN3- I didn't get to play you either, but I saw some of your matches and you have crazy good Falco skills. Next time I would deff like to play you and learn some of your awesome Falco ways :]
Cactuar- Sooo impressive, it was great to meet you and play a game or two against you : )
Chibo- GGs in singles, and I have to admit that Samus reach-behind-and-grab move you did was quite impressive
Deathknight- I didnt't get to play you but we got to talk and you're really cool, hope to see you at another tourney soon!
Vorosh- Freaking nice job Vorosh! I'm glad you did really well : ) And your Peach game against M2K = awesome : P
Ranmaru- I got to play my boyfriend in the first round of singles xD It was fun and your doc is getting better all the time : ) and thank you for letting me borrow/steal your jacket the entire time lol
Alicia- Stop being so nervous, stop staying up late then sleeping through alarms, and start getting good at your tech skill. Right freaking now.
No Cash- Why do I keep forgetting your root beer?!? You are deff getting better and even though you are going on hiatus hopefully we shall still have play often :]
Talwind- The tournament was great, thank you for hosting this and I deff hope to come to another one soon!
J1ZZ- Glad to see you again and play friendlies! doing commentary with Vorosh was hard but fun, and glad you joined smashboards :p
CanISmash- I didn't get to play you, hopefully next time!
Bnzaaa- Good to see you again and great job in teams! I hope to come to Temple and play smash with you guys again some time soon : )

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Shout-outs:
1. M2K - It was a real privilege getting to play you. The 1 Shiek ditto really opened my eyes, amazing spacing. It was awesome to meet you. Thanks for not 4 stocking me in tournament.
2. Eggm - mad props for still supporting SC1, it was unfortunate that we didn't get to play. I truly believe that you can beat Jman and become the #1 EC fox. Keep a positive attitude, I know you can do it, you just gotta believe too.
3. StriCNYN3 - Sorry I got your name wrong, never saw it in print before. TBH, I'd never heard of you before, but wow, you're pretty darn good.
4. Cactuar - I love how you play the game to have fun first, wish we had gotten to play more.
5. Chibo - I still can't believe I lost to you... pure anguish, but awesome job helping to run the tourney, and nice playing 2v2s with you. It was awesome.
5. Deathknight - it was nice getting to know you as the tourney wrapped up. You were clearly better than me this time, but next time, my goal is to be as good as you.
7. Vorosh - you are one sexy man
7. Ranmaru - you are one sexy man
9. Alicia - idk, considering we like 20 feet from each other, this isn't really necessary. bring a phone charger next time.
9. Talwind - Nice job running the tournament, hope for more to come, and GOOD GAWD our set was close.
9. Nocash - sorry you had to play me first round =). I really don't think you should give up on smash until pound, and I don't think you should lose faith in your marth. You're getting there, you just need to play marth, and focus more on playing your opponent and less on tech skill.
Was there but did not play singles:
zzij (Dave) - hey, I'm sorry I won't use your real name. I actually don't know/won't bother to figure out how to turn the word filter off, so **** gets censored. Your commentary was kinda hilarious
CanISmash - G&W's bucket is sooooo good... oh wait, no its not.
Bnzaaa - sorry I was calling you bonanza instead of ben-za. Our matches were really great, nice gannon, nice IC's, nice alternates, I'm looking forawrd to playing you again.
mysterious-mike - you should have stayed for the tournament, and you don't have an account so you won't see this so... uh... see you next time?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'd like to come to one of these in the future as well.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
If you guys give me a date after Ranmaru's tournament, I most likely can make it happen.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
So I got a couple texts about hosting a tourney again. Nothing's really confirmed yet but I was thinking of holding it the week before Ranmaru's, which Feb 5th i believe. Sound good maybe?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol @ otg.

So I got a couple texts about hosting a tourney again. Nothing's really confirmed yet but I was thinking of holding it the week before Ranmaru's, which Feb 5th i believe. Sound good maybe?
Do it. NOW OR NEVER MAN. Just host it and see what happens. just call it...

I PLEAD DA FIF. FEB FIF.

Top Bottom