• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talking about the smash community

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
SHOUT OUT TO OMNI FOR MAKING A VIDEO ABOUT THIS, IT REALLY INSPIRED ME TO MAKE THIS THREAD
Please don't hate me about this, I just decided to do it.
So the smash community is being teared apart more. This thread might destroy it but lets hope it won't. So the smash community always fights about which game is better. You see, There is no better game. Sure their could be new characters and competitive strats but it's really the same game. And another thing is that the community is getting worse and worse every single day. In Omni's video, RelaxAlax commented saying "It's funny. So many creators and other voices recently have made it known, including myself, that the Smash Community is toxic and hateful. Especially Melee. And it comes down to "oh it's not ALL" but like... there's still so much of that, and I know it's steered me clear of tournaments and Smash content in general. I think honestly the community would rather die then change". I totally agree. To be honest, I kinda wish I didn't join the community but it's too late now.....

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
If only people in the Smash community could have the decency to take showers...other than that, I'm pretty lax about the state of the community.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My local scene is okay. Bad behavior is basically met with an ejection... Tournaments are really only as good as the TO in regards to what's allowed or disallowed. And totally agree with the hygiene thing God please bathe lol

Last edited:

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
Local guy holds up a tournament disputing a finish
That's basically the most cringeworthy thing to happen on my scene since SSB4 came out, which is pretty lucky in the grand scheme. I used to be more active in the Brawl days, and constant smelly, whining neckbeards getting thrashed by a yet-to-be-banned Meta-Knight, turned me off to competitive Smash forever. That and the boarderline religious worship of tiers from the Melee oldheads killed it for me, I just wanna have fun man.

Top Bottom