• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Talk Bad, Look Bad, Be Bad: A King K. Rool Video Kompendium

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's a thread where any King K. Rool fans looking for a spot to share their videos, including combo videos and tournament matches, can do so.

Looking forward to see what you all can kook up!

zomg OP noob slayers haha glue joke haha plz nerf because I don't want to learn the match-up and all heavies should be bottom tiers I can beat with mindless rushdown

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'll kick it off! :D

This Inkling was actually quite good, but I think they lost their nerve a bit during this match when it went sour for them early:

A fun ditto I had with a climactic finish:

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
I`m a total noob when posting my own replays and I don't own a YouTube channel. Do you guys have any advice on how to convert your in-game replays into good quality? I was about to rely on my phone to record my online matches as K Rool, but I don`t want the video quality to be bad. :)

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I`m a total noob when posting my own replays and I don't own a YouTube channel. Do you guys have any advice on how to convert your in-game replays into good quality? I was about to rely on my phone to record my online matches as K Rool, but I don`t want the video quality to be bad. :)
Micro SD cards are cheap enough these days. I'd recommend getting one and a USB reader you can plug into a computer.

I use an El Gato, but that's really meant for streaming.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Micro SD cards are cheap enough these days. I'd recommend getting one and a USB reader you can plug into a computer.

I use an El Gato, but that's really meant for streaming.
I am sorry this is totally off topic, but... you are saying you can legit save the replays as videos on your SD, then take it off from the switch, plug it in your computer and see the video? Or are you forced to use a capture card? I promise if I figure this out I will post some videos hah

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I am sorry this is totally off topic, but... you are saying you can legit save the replays as videos on your SD, then take it off from the switch, plug it in your computer and see the video? Or are you forced to use a capture card? I promise if I figure this out I will post some videos hah
You can do the first one, yeah.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Here are a couple of tournament sets that I have played on streams. The first one was me winning 2-1, and the second one I lost 0-2. Fox is such a hard matchup for King K. Rool, but I can only go up from here.

EDIT: Here is a recent doubles match I did at Heart of Battle:

Last edited:

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice

Hey it's me "Majesty".
Here is my King K. Rool Montage from Tournaments and Elite Smash.

Enjoy

Kulty

Smash Ace
Guys, I have a VLC Media Player for my videos (it's old), so I simply need to upload them on YouTube or any other social media?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Crossposting from the main social thread:

I put together a K. Rool combo video with some of the match footage I recorded to date. Nothing spectacular with regard to gameplay but still the sort of fun video I spent the longest time hoping I'd one day get to put together featuring the Kremling King.

D

Deleted member 189823

I've always wanted to use Killer Croc. Your main is a badass.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

This is my only tournament match on stream at my very first bracket experience.

Last edited:

Kronch

Smash Cadet
I've uploaded a few clips to YouTube that I've found particularly disrespectful and/or silly. All of them are in Elite Smash since I've never been on stream at a tournament beyond my university (which I might scour for clips sometime, but not now).

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
To celebrate one year since King K. Rool was added to Smash Ultimate, I created a tribute and combo video of the Kreming King! Enjoy, here's to many more years of rocking the kroc!

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
To celebrate one year since King K. Rool was added to Smash Ultimate, I created a tribute and combo video of the Kreming King! Enjoy, here's to many more years of rocking the kroc!

Love your vids! you are really pushing this character -- keep it up :)

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I decided to start uploading some online tournament VODs, since I recently got a capture card. Here are a couple of sets I won from last night's Mega Smash Monday:

EDIT: I uploaded more from this week's Mega Smash Monday. I won't update this post again, but this set was my favorite from last night.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
I think the Top Level King K. Rool VOD Directory deserves a mention, so here it is lol

It features:
  • Top Level VOD Playlists for the best players across the globe. From the greats like Ben Gold and 808 to Japanese players such as Chirori and Dela.
    • The main qualification is for a player to be PR'd in their region with King K. Rool
    • Exceptions have been made for players like Dela who has recorded win against Some, the best Greninja player in Japan and possibly the world. No Japanese K. Rool has ever been officially PR'd, Yui was a HM but has no recorded sets that I could find. InfernoKong is included for a similar reason, being the best K. Rool in the UK with an upset list a mile long. Here he is beating Scholes, #12 in the UK. I've also included major contributors to the K. Rool scene such as NiP.
    • There is also a minor section for those with fewer videos or if they've dropped the character. Somo, Suntherion and Muk are included here.
  • Each playlist has a bio for the player in question, with details about their successes as well as notable sets/matchups. Some have social media links, but I only include those on request (or if I know they stream) out of respect.
  • There is a total of over 400 videos here, likely far more. Ben Gold and KirbyKid have the most, both over 100 alone.
If you ever want to learn a matchup, this is the place to go. There's at least one video for every matchup (yes even Corrin) to analyze, with many meta-relevant ones. All of these players play at least a bit different; it really shows K. Rool's flexibility and how much optimization we can still go ahead with. Someday, I'm sure someone is going to combine all this and become a truly amazing player.

Oh, and be sure to check out the Lab Repository for more amazing resources like this!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
To celebrate the new buffs in version 8.0.0, I played some King K. Rool dittos with Kulty Kulty and Tropical to test out the changes. Enjoy!

Kulty also uploaded a montage of our play session:

Top Bottom