• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Tales of Brawl
I welcome the Workshop to the Tales of Smash thread. The primary purpose of this thread right now is bringing in one of the main protagonists of Tales of Symphonia, Lloyd Irving!​

The moveset can be found in this post.

The list of sounds to be used in the sound replacement pack can found in this post.

Note that not all sounds will be released until more of the PSA is completed.

ANIMATORS LOOK HERE!
Overview of categorized animations

CURRENT TEAM MEMBERS
Gamedominator06 - Lead Developer and Overseer
Zephron - Texture Designer; KC:MM Correspondent; Sound Implementation
nerfispwnage243 - Material Blade Vertex Editor
thanyou - Official and User-made Animations
ds22 - Official and User-made Animations, Model Repair
AngelGlory - User-made Animations and minor Texture Design
SqLeon - Primary PSA Coding (and he got the swords attached to Lloyd)
Plaid02 - PSA Understudy to SqLeon
edgybluz - User-made Animations
Malzahar - User-made Animations
Innerscope - Succeeding Developer
Tempesttime - Model editing and PSA coding
Additional credit goes to Stickman for his help on sound effects.

DOWNLOADS
Lloyd Preview
-Comes with FitWolf.pac, FitWolf00.pac/pcs, and FitWolfMotionEtc.pac containing the Wait1 animation made by ds22. To properly view Lloyd with textures, turn off the visibility of Toon_v1.
Lloyd 0.01 UPADTE
-Adds run and walk animations
-Fixes grab glitch and fixed a mistake in the indices that originally caused a leg glitch
Lloyd 0.02 by SqLeon
-Lloyd is now holding his swords!
Lloyd First Beta packaged by Zephron
Lloyd PSA 1.5 Download
Lloyd Irving 2.0 Download continued thanks to Innerscope
-Updates are shown on the linked page.

FitLloydMotionEtc Beta
-Individual file for first Beta

Lloyd Sound Effects for first Beta by Zephron and stickman
Sounds include:
-Tempest
-Beast
-1 Death Sound
-1 Taunt Sound
-1 Victory Sound
-1 Star KO Sound

Lloyd Recolors by Zephron
Saturated:

Download Saturated

De-Saturated:

Download De-Saturated

Comparison Shots:
Red Recolor : Blue Recolor : Green Recolor :

Noble Costume by Zephron

Black Noble Costume by Zephron

Character Select Portraits by Zephron

Character Select Text by ds22

Lloyd's weapons (trademark and Gagnrad)
Gagnrad hexed
-1st link contains the individual sword brres' in each pair (left and right sword)
-2nd link contains Gagnrad completely hexed as a single item with the texture map
-Turn off toon_v1 to view the texture as usual
ToS1 Lloyd SFX by GuyGardiosX

VIDEOS
Lloyd Progress! (Display Video 2) by Zephron
-Shows successful implementation of imported animations! Thanks to thanyou for both extracting the files and fixing/removing the keyframes.
Lloyd Preview (Display Video 1) by ds22
-Demonstrates Lloyd working over Wolf in-game. Shows the Wait1 animation (which is also currently placed over Wait2 and Wait3) and shows the results of being grabbed. There's a couple of visual glitches from being hit as well as doing Wolf's Up Special. Movement works successfully.
ToS1 Animation References
ToS2 Animation References
ToS1 Lloyd 92 Hit combo
-Arte display videos don't actually do Lloyd's fighting style much justice at all so check this out!

What needs to be done:
Removal of all glitches PSA or non-PSA related
-All variations of the throw glitch have been removed!
-Polygon splattering has been fixed!

Completion of all animations
-We aren’t guaranteed to get all animations just from the ISO alone so we will need some animators likely for a few miscellaneous ones. Check the note to animators at the top.

Placeholder moveset and the Finalized moveset
-We're using Plaid02's moveset with no modifications as a placeholder to work off of first; once things look good, we'll settle disputes and reach some middle ground between everyone on this.

Credit (for fixes at the start or for those not on the team
-ds22 for the original rip of the model. He also fixed up the TransN glitch and a good amount of the grab glitch (being thrown still causes issues).
-Ultraxwing for remaking a fix originally done by ds22 that allows Rising Falcon to work in the air.
-RTB for the complete fixing of Lloyd's model just so he could show up in BrawlBox.
-Eternal Yoshi for the item hold position fix.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Er, Wolf can wall jump? Where have I been? If not, how are you just going to do a faux-walljump? Unless my information is outdated, I don't think characters can walljump unless their base can.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
FREAKIN' YESZ.
I've been wanting a Tales character to make an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Lloyd is one of my favorites (since Symphonia was my first Tales).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Just to be slightly more visually appeasing, would anyone mind removing the background off the picture and sending that to me? I don't know how to delete backgrounds :p

ds22

Smash Lord
I got good news and bad news.
The good news is, I found a Run animation and a Jump animation (also a Landing animation, but it has to much frames).
The bad news is, that is all I found that was either useful or wasn't a copy or the animations I already had extracted (I couldn't find attack animations, probably because they are in a .bin or a .col file, which are compressed).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that the lighting glitch that imported characters seem to have may be related to the model itself. I remember having a few problems with the lighting on both of the new hats I gave Jigglypuff, where it would just change colour on certain occasions. It'll be something that I'll be looking into in the future.

As for certain animations, you may be right about them being compressed, ds22. If I can emulate ToS: DotNW on my computer (or probably my brother's computer), I'll take a look at a memory dump from in-battle and see if all the animations are there or not. Anyway, good luck on this project. Don't let the model that I fixed up go to waste.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
On your comment on everyone getting ugly-fied...I feel the need to correct you.

Everyone was made to look true to their official art, thats why. They weren't trying to go for the "chibi-fied" look the Gamecube game had.

ds22

Smash Lord
Here is Lloyd with his jump and his run animation from the game (also, I modified the model a bit to get his run to look good, which sadly didn't succeed):
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2gmzkvndz2
@Gamedominator06
Who's stats should I give to Lloyd (in PSA)?
Also, Lloyd has a issue with his left leg (caused by fixing the grab glitch, we'll have to fix it with the model rebuilder).
EDIT: I made a CSS/CSP set for Lloyd.
*see post on third page*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
On your comment on everyone getting ugly-fied...I feel the need to correct you.

Everyone was made to look true to their official art, thats why. They weren't trying to go for the "chibi-fied" look the Gamecube game had.
I understand that. The models themselves look fine. What's really strange is actually the coloring. The difference in Emil's hair color in-game and on the cover art is noticeable. Most of everyone's hair looks odd in-game. I guess it's because in ToS1, the art style has that outline effect on their hair that adds a bit of detail to it in addition to the higher saturation. Either way, Zephron is fixing up colors and I can't wait to see how they turn out.

I have a feeling that the lighting glitch that imported characters seem to have may be related to the model itself. I remember having a few problems with the lighting on both of the new hats I gave Jigglypuff, where it would just change colour on certain occasions. It'll be something that I'll be looking into in the future.
So, then it's not something that can be immediately fixed, I assume?

Here is Lloyd with his jump and his run animation from the game (also, I modified the model a bit to get his run to look good, which sadly didn't succeed):
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2gmzkvndz2
@Gamedominator06
Who's stats should I give to Lloyd (in PSA)?
Also, Lloyd has a issue with his left leg (caused by fixing the grab glitch, we'll have to fix it with the model rebuilder).
EDIT: I made a CSS/CSP set for Lloyd.
Good to see you could find two particularly useful animations, thank you for that. I guess fixing the leg issue is dependent on Kryal getting BrawlBox updated then? We can live without the fix for now. All we know is it's something we can eventually fix.
Also, by stats in PSA, do you mean exact or relatively close numbers? I'll start doing some comparisons to characters like Captain Falcon and Fox to get a good estimate.

Ah, very nice! Although I must add that Zephron is/may be working on the fixed up textures so you might have to replace those possibly (the CSPs that is) if those weren't that much work to do in the first place. Sorry about that ^^;

Oh, wanted to add if you want to do a really easy animation, the shielding animation would be very simple to do.

I added a ToS1 artes reference video to the OP. Might add the ToS2 artes reference just because it relates to the original model, but I feel that most of Lloyd's animations move so much smoother in ToS1 (compare any two combo videos between the two games and he does move smoother in ToS1).

Added the ToS2 animation references to the OP. I figured it made sense to add a video that would show all the attack animations that we could potentially find within the ISO.

Zephron

Smash Ace
This is going to be SO awesome.

By the way, I might be able to help with the official stage, as well as the texture stuff.

ToS2 has mld0 files for some of the backgrounds, so I will be able to use those and apply them and make a ToS themed stage of our choice.

EDIT: I know we all hate ToS2, but the backgrounds look really nice. Plus some are very similar to the original one. I've seen forest backgrounds, and others so we could easily make a ToS1 stage with the backgrounds.

Just to be slightly more visually appeasing, would anyone mind removing the background off the picture and sending that to me? I don't know how to delete backgrounds :p
Oooh! OooH! Pick me! The photoshop guy! He prolly knows!

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I've never really gotten to playing any of the Tales games but I really support this project! This looks so epic!

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I'd be willing to contribute with making animations. I can't do too much else besides that since my main focus is making Ridley as well as working on my machinima series.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This is going to be SO awesome.

By the way, I might be able to help with the official stage, as well as the texture stuff.

ToS2 has mld0 files for some of the backgrounds, so I will be able to use those and apply them and make a ToS themed stage of our choice.

EDIT: I know we all hate ToS2, but the backgrounds look really nice. Plus some are very similar to the original one. I've seen forest backgrounds, and others so we could easily make a ToS1 stage with the backgrounds.

I was completely unaware of that! I have Blayd's pack of hexed battle scenarios but I wasn't sure if the areas and backgrounds were MDL0's. If you can find anything good, I'd love to see it.

Oooh! OooH! Pick me! The photoshop guy! He prolly knows!
Haha, I was thinking so. Go for it.

I'd be willing to contribute with making animations. I can't do too much else besides that since my main focus is making Ridley as well as working on my machinima series.
I'd be glad to have you on the team for that position. Since the moveset isn't totally in place and I'm also waiting to hear back from either ds22 or RTB on animations (potential memory dump or conversion process, I don't know), Lloyd could still use a lot of animations that we aren't going to see in-game and it'd be nice to get a large amount of them out of the way.

Sorry, can't get to the PMs and updating right now, I've had a rather busy day but I'll be getting to this in a few hours!

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*Gives omega support*

I love the tales series, I cant wait to see what you do with Lloyd.
I really need to play tos2....

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
When this is done/close to done, I might ask ds22 about getting the other models and then ask RTB about what he did to get fix Lloyd (if there's any semblance of consistency on the issues for character models; we can expect special properties to exist in all of them for sure). I named the thread the way I did because I'm interested in getting all of the ToS characters in (yeah yeah, I might get Emil, Marta, and Richter in somewhere).

But if we can't get one, we aren't getting any so Lloyd is top priority. After the (still-forming) crew gets experience with Lloyd, we'll be able to do the others with less problems.

Thanks for the code, Zephron.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
DONT PLAY TOS2!!!!
Mostly everyone hates it. Buy Tales of the Abyss or something.

Nah I still want to play it. Die-hard tales fan here. They would have to do a lot to turn me off of this game. Too bad there is no upcoming wii games with Chester in them, I would kill to be able to play as Chester in brawl.
oh and I adore Abyss :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, just warning you that there's quite a few disappointing things besides the pile of angst centered in the two main characters >_>. Maybe angst is the wrong word. You first start noticing the big things and then all the tiny things start bothering you (like the menu sound effects). Oh yeah, Gladsheim is an awful version of Heimdall (whatever it was called in ToS1) so heads up on that.

Oh yeah, I need a PS2/PS3 so I can actually play moar Tales games. I've been desperately trying to work the english patch for Phantasia on the SNES but with no luck.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Oh yeah, I need a PS2/PS3 so I can actually play moar Tales games. I've been desperately trying to work the english patch for Phantasia on the SNES but with no luck.
*Feels sympathy for you*
Top is one of my favorites. If you never get it to work you can always try to get the gba one. It's the worst port of top but uh....at least you would be able to play it!?

Yes and hurry and get a ps2 Abyss is fun and so is Tod2 (really toe in japan)
I hope tog comes out here even though its apparently as buggy as ocarina of time.

Sorry for spamming your thread with tales talk. *lurk mode*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I've read about the GBA port. Not particularly happy to hear that. My sister and I have several reasons to get a PS2 now (Gradius V, Abyss, ToD2 for me; some FF's for her).

And it's not like this thread has much going on right now anyways, which is rather odd since I expected tons of people to be swarming this. In due time, I suppose ^^;

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've got a working ToP SNES version!

http://www.mediafire.com/?fozqjmy3j54

Also, everyone is on Spring Break over here, and I guarantee you it will receive a huge hug from my friend Plaid.

Don't you worry.
Oh thanks so much! I'll probably play this in English class XD
My spring break is ending after this weekend, but I'll still have plenty of time around here. Good to hear you got another.

Was just about to comment on textures, but you already got it covered. Good work either way Angel.

Much better now!
Will have to do the CSS/CSP pictures though...
Yeah, just wait up on Zephron first and then go for it.
I'm going to put that fixed Lloyd as my avatar in a bit though.
Also, I might ask ASFL1NK to create a Lloyd portrait to match his B&B style CSS in addition to the text. That way, both normal CSS users and custom CSS users can get matching portraits.

AH! I finally found what I was looking for: http://www.talesonline.net/skit.html
This is partly what I requested of Zephron on modifying Lloyd's face: to look more like those facial expressions. However, the site lacks one in particular that I was looking for which was the cringe when hit. Regardless, it's a neat little detail that we'll be seeing on the texture.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That and getting CSPs of Zephron's upcoming recolors would require a photoshop of the art rather than a simple snapshot.

AKZuM

Smash Rookie
Wow... I didn't know all those "Tales" Games were apart of the same series.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Wow... I didn't know all those "Tales" Games were apart of the same series.
LOL

Also, I can animate and I have the TOS2 iso (Which wasn't that bad of a game, the only truly horrible thing about it was the voice acting lawl) so I can search for the animations ;D

Top Bottom