• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Tales of a Manakete: the Corrin Video Archives~

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

This thread will be for posting videos of Corrin. Feel free to peruse, analyze, critique and review gameplay at your own leisure.

When posting videos, please try to post them as links rather than in embed format (at least for the first page of this thread) to avoid page lagging for those of us with cursed internet.

Singles
Cosmos *Tournament*
vs :4ness: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Awestin (Ness) (SW 113 Grand Finals)

Earth *Tournament*

Oz *Tournament*
vs :4greninja: Oz (Corrin) vs Mariano (Greninja) (Winners Round 4 Up Air 2)
vs :4lucas: Oz (Corrin) vs Smashu (Lucas) (Losers Quarters Up Air 2)
vs :4peach: Oz (Corrin) vs Gado (Peach) (Losers Finals Up Air 2)

Ryuga *Tournament*
vs :4falcon: Ryuga (Corrin) vs Meek (Falcon) (Grand Finals AM s)
vs :4pikachu: Ryuga (Corrin) vs Nero (Pikachu) (Winners Finals AM s)
vs :4lucina:/:4fox: Ryuga (Corrin) vs Nakat (Lucina/Fox) (Frostbite 2017 Top 32)
vs :4luigi: Ryuga (Corrin) vs Aqua (Luigi) (Frostbite 2017)
vs :4mario: Ryuga (Corrin) vs Dan (Mario) (Midwest Mayhem 7 Top 32 Winners)

Cosmos *Tournament*

vs :4zss: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Dakpo (Zero Suit Samus) (Winners SW Plano 83)
vs :4feroy: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Sethlon (Roy) (Losers SW Plano 83)
vs :4lucario::4greninja: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Gibus (Lucario/Greninja) (Losers SW Plano 83)
vs :4zss: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Dakpo (Zero Suit Samus) (Losers Semis SW Plano 83)
vs :4ness: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Awestin (Ness) (Losers Finals SW Plano 83)
vs :4yoshi::4mario: Cosmos (Corrin) vs YelloRello (Yoshi/Mario) (Grand Finals SW Plano 83)
vs :4villager: Cosmos (Corrin) vs ZekEsports (Villager) (Top 24 Winners TLOC 1K)
vs :4bayonetta: Cosmos (Corrin) vs AeroLink (Bayonetta) (Winners Semis TLOC 1K)
vs :4fox: Cosmos (Corrin) vs JaySon (Fox) (Winners Finals TLOC 1K)
vs :4bayonetta: Cosmos (Corrin) vs AeroLink (Bayonetta) (Grand Finals TLOC 1K)
vs :4bowser: Cosmos (Corrin) vs CalmAnimal (Bowser) (Winners SW Plano 81)
vs :4feroy: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Blink (Roy) (Winners SW Plano SW 81)
vs :4peach: Cosmos (Corrin) vs Joose (Peach) (Winners SW Plano SW 81)
vs :4fox: Cosmos (Corrin) vs JaySon (Fox) (Winners SW Plano SW 81)
vs :4fox: Cosmos (Corrin) vs JaySon (Fox) (Losers Finals Plano SW 81)
vs :4bayonetta: Cosmos (Corrin) vs AeroLink (Bayonetta) (Grand Finals SW Plano 81)

Funkermonster *Tournament*

vs

Goulmania *Tournament*

vs

Light *Tournament*

NinjaLink *Tournament*

vs

Oz *Tournament*

Ryo *Tournament*

vs

Ryuga *Tournament*

vs

Vapor *Tournament*

Wii Twerk Trainer *Tournament*

Doubles
Pending

None. If you've found something, feel free to post c:

Guides, Combo Vids, Other

Guides/Tutorials

Art of Corrin by @Izaw
Corrin Combos & Tricks by My Smash Corner

Combo Videos/Montages

Pending

Other

Triple Jump Reset by たか

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I really liked Ryo's play against that R.O.B, but the first one against TINK felt rather lacking.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Here are a couple of videos of Megafox's Corrin from Thursday. There are a couple of other players using Corrin ont he channel, including some doubles vids.

M@v

Subarashii!
Updated. Put my 2 tournament videos in as well. I had a couple other sets where I went Corrin one game of the set, but lost. So you aren't missing much on those lol.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My first & so far only time using Corrin in a tournament set on day 2, made sure I won with :4megaman: at least twice before attempting so because I didn't feel confident enough to bring Corrin in for most of the tourney yet. Its nothing much, but I also managed to get a cool semi-jab lock with MM that I was proud of at around the 1:54 mark.

Another tournament is tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, hopefully then I can get another video or more to showcase. And please do let me know what to work on, anything helps and I'm working my best to improve.

Last edited:

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
a vulnerary for your soul

(For Glory)

(Friendlies) V. best Marth/Ryu in GA

Last edited:

Deemo

Smash Rookie
Cosmic Cosmos showcasing Corrin at the recent "Shockwave" tournament and practically DOMINATING the event. Showing superb use of Dragon Lunge's killing potential on AND offstage.

Last edited:

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
Cosmic Cosmos showing off Corrin at the recent "Shockwave" tournament and pratically DOMINATING the event. Showing superb use of Dragon Lunge's killing potential on AND offstage.

Oh wow

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Cosmic Cosmos showing off Corrin at the recent "Shockwave" tournament and pratically DOMINATING the event. Showing superb use of Dragon Lunge's killing potential on AND offstage.

DAMN those matches were insane! He used instant Pinning a lot in all of those matches, I love it!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Cosmic Cosmos showcasing Corrin at the recent "Shockwave" tournament and practically DOMINATING the event. Showing superb use of Dragon Lunge's killing potential on AND offstage.

Damn. :eek:

Can we get him to do some things around the boards? This guy could be a huge deal.

Last edited:

Deemo

Smash Rookie
Damn. :eek:

Can we get him to do some things around the boards? This guy could be a huge deal.
Well seeing as how he dropped Pikachu for this character, you can expect to see more of his Corrin soon.

D

Deleted member 189823

As good as the guy seems, I think Mew2 went dumbass mode and kept falling into Side B's.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
More Megafox! Won another LoS. Lots of styling in some of these vids!

D

Deleted member 189823

I actually enjoyed watching Megafox's Corrin the most.

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice

Earth (world's best Pit, 13th at Genesis 3) used solo Kamui to take the B bracket of Sumabato 7. So far as I know, they're only uploading GFs, but I'll keep an eye out for more.

D

Deleted member 189823

I've got to say, so far, Earth's Corrin is pretty much my favorite. Right when I first saw him play, I really like how he's super simple and "polished". As in, you don't really see him throw out more than what's necessary. He concentrates on keeping it simple, he doesn't overextend and uses moves with the least amount of cooldown. Completely unlike others I've seen so far that spam B, Side-B and just throw out F-Smashes (which is pretty safe, but still). Really interested on seeing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
A local I had last Thursday, only used Kamui twice but managed to get Top 8 at least without using my actual main.

Do let me know what to improve on, wanna hit it hard next time.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I've got to say, so far, Earth's Corrin is pretty much my favorite. Right when I first saw him play, I really like how he's super simple and "polished". As in, you don't really see him throw out more than what's necessary. He concentrates on keeping it simple, he doesn't overextend and uses moves with the least amount of cooldown. Completely unlike others I've seen so far that spam B, Side-B and just throw out F-Smashes (which is pretty safe, but still). Really interested on seeing more.
I enjoy that his Corrin isn't as button mashy as others I've seen (cosmos and Megafox), but I think he's a little too conservative.
Ryo has the best Corrin I've seen imo. Excellent reads and creative setups without being too patient and conservative like Earth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Saw the match again, and I saw what you meant. Same with Ryo.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Here's a tournament set of myself against one of our top player's Cloud. I've reviewed this set and realized a LOT of things I can do better and a lot of habits I should avoid. I don't think Corrin should lose this mu, honestly. Next time I post a video, I will improve upon any good things you guys noticed about my playstyle.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I'd like some critique on some vods. I can't get them into video form yet, I'm trying to ask an amigo if he can record it for me soon before the vods vanish.

http://www.twitch.tv/brave_raikrom/v/47801818

Small house tournament, around 12 entered. I use the tag "Bae?" and "Layne~" on stream, since there was another Corrin there who also used the pink alt.

First set is 2:41:00 (All Corrin)
Second set is 2:51:40 (First game only)
Third set is on 3:19:00 (All Corrin)

Any and all comments would be appreciated. =]

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
I'd like some critique on some vods. I can't get them into video form yet, I'm trying to ask an amigo if he can record it for me soon before the vods vanish.

http://www.twitch.tv/brave_raikrom/v/47801818

Small house tournament, around 12 entered. I use the tag "Bae?" and "Layne~" on stream, since there was another Corrin there who also used the pink alt.

First set is 2:41:00 (All Corrin)
Second set is 2:51:40 (First game only)
Third set is on 3:19:00 (All Corrin)

Any and all comments would be appreciated. =]
I think the biggest thing that I saw here was impatience. You're always in a hurry to convert more damage when you're at an advantage, but it seems to me as though you're autopiloting those moments. It's all fine to convert combos into further damage, but as soon as it becomes a string you need to be taking into consideration the counter options they have. For example, Cloud thrives off string battles, in almost any string situation he can win as long as he doesn't make a mistake. You either need to force an error after a combo to get the followup or simply take a step back and then continue after he attempts to break your string.

After this - Stop panicking. No matter what happens choosing an unsafe option because you're taking a lot of damage in an attempt to surprise your opponent is rarely ever a good idea. Vs Luigi you panicked and daired, leading to your death. Don't panic, taking damage is better than dying, stick to the safe options plan.

In terms of the matchups. Don't worry too much about Cloud getting LB. You don't need to rush against him because he's charging it, his charged LB actually makes the matchup slightly better for us as he becomes better juggle fodder. Shield more, then punish with IP, Cloud struggles to punish IP kick away. Try out shooting at Cloud a few times, if you can bait him into shooting back because his projectile is better than DFS you can get an easy punish. Powershielding through bladebeam gives Corrin IP during Cloud's lag.

Learn to walk or slow run when juggling, your anti air is failing because you're getting stuck in turnaround or stopping slides from running at full speed on occasion.

STOP using roll to turnaround if your opponent is behind you. You don't need to do it. It's a terrible habit a lot of people have that nobody seemed to punish you for in these matches, but a stronger opponent will notice and will cause you a lot of pain for doing it. Eliminate this habit. It's particularly bad for Corrin as she doesn't really have any options after the roll if an opponent just chases it down with an aggressive read against it.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
STOP using roll to turnaround if your opponent is behind you. You don't need to do it. It's a terrible habit a lot of people have that nobody seemed to punish you for in these matches, but a stronger opponent will notice and will cause you a lot of pain for doing it. Eliminate this habit. It's particularly bad for Corrin as she doesn't really have any options after the roll if an opponent just chases it down with an aggressive read against it.
Thanks! I'll keep in mind to stay calm and slow down.

For turning around, should I just turn? Or maybe pivot and f-tilt?

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I'll keep in mind to stay calm and slow down.

For turning around, should I just turn? Or maybe pivot and f-tilt?
Just turn, pivot, jump and use the stick gently for microspacing the back hit box of nair, use IP. Lots of methods. You can even continue using the roll, but don't use it every time because it's going to turn into something you get punished hard for. I've seen this as a sticking point some people have against Cloud because they don't realise they're doing it and his dash attack is exceptional at punishing it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Incredible edge-guarding and use of tippers here.

Last edited:

AfroShinobii

Smash Rookie

My games start at
2:02:22 - 2:11:54 Bayo/Robin
2:37:00 - 2:43:14 vs Cloud
3:03:18 - 3:12:18 vs Greninja
3:12:18 - 3:21:00 vs pikachu
3:21:00-3:45:33 vs Cloud

Just looking for general advice this is my first tournament using corrin

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
Kinda shocked no one has posted anything from Ryuga's Corrin yet. 2nd at Landlocked is definitely the best result this character has so far.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
Kinda shocked no one has posted anything from Ryuga's Corrin yet. 2nd at Landlocked is definitely the best result this character has so far.

that just makes me think even more, that corrin vs mario is slightly in corrins favor and that cloud is about even.
diddy however....diddy is tough as expected. even though he played very solid, once diddys figure out how to fight corrin and just play lame it is going to be very very hard and definitely in diddys favor,imo.
nonetheless, great performence and definitely showing that corrin is indeed a viable character!

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
I find the difference between Ryuga's Corrin and Ryo's Corrin really interesting.

Ryo makes Corrin look faster than she usually is. Ryuga looks a lot slower and more methodical.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Couple of locals. They're a bit older now (3 weeks) and I can already see how much my approach to the MUs and vast general movement and spacing improvement I've had with her, but it's still worth hearing thoughts. For one you can see frequent attempts to get the ledgesnaps with tilted fsmash, definitely don't do that any more as it doesn't work.

This is back when I'd have called Mario a hard matchup, the Sonic main counterpicked to him. I don't think that's the case any more. The Mario main gave me real trouble in friendlies, he choked in serious matches.

I still think we Sonic is at a chunky disadvantage to Corrin.

Also, that last kill on James' Mario is the only time I've seen pin bug out so much that an opponent is nowhere near the lance but still pinned. Has anyone seen that before or know what causes it? Strange one.

LarryLurr and Xzax's corrin in action

Also, here are more matches from Cosmos

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

An excellent showing from SmashG0D, vs a player of Ranai's caliber, no less.
I have yet to see a player use Corrin the same way as any other. This character is just beautiful.

Top Bottom