• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
This AA Cafe thing ends in a few days, you said?
Rumors from Era talk about new Directs incoming, but the next one is supposed to be an Indies Showcase, so I don't know. If we're getting a Mini Direct or a Partners Showcase, I think we will have to wait at least a few weeks for that.

It would be nice if they released a collection of 4, 5 and 6.
Well, it ends on the 19th. So maybe? The theme would still serve its function of getting us talking about Ace Attorney, even if AA7 got announced a few days after. So maybe it could be two weeks from now, at max.

And yeah. I’ve got absolutely no way to play the Apollo Justice games. It’d be nice if they could port those to Switch.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Ok so the theory with the Mario Sunshine scene as a foundation isn't new, but I still wanted to share this video, since it would fit just so perfectly:

Maybe Nintendo really is planning a Sunshine remake (they also teased us with the new Mario tweet/picture at the beach) and they intend to do a double reveal (Phoenix in Smash & Sunshine Remake) similar to how Isabelle & ACNH were announced. Time will tell!

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Ok so the theory with the Mario Sunshine scene as a foundation isn't new, but I still wanted to share this video, since it would fit just so perfectly:

Maybe Nintendo really is planning a Sunshine remake (they also teased us with the new Mario tweet/picture at the beach) and they intend to do a double reveal (Phoenix in Smash & Sunshine Remake) similar to how Isabelle & ACNH we're announced. Time will tell!
Yeah, that's a bigger stretch than the Defendant in 4-3.
As Miles Edgeworth would say:
"[He] is not a clown, [he] is the entire circus."

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Oh my god.... this new update for Smash is bittersweet: On the one hand we get 17 new Ace Attorney tracks for Smash, which is awesome!! On the other hand we don't get a stage or Phoenix as a fighter, it's just the songs (no remixes, all original tracks) that are being added and a Spirit Board.

Maybe Sakurai thought it would be a real shame if there was no Ace Attorney music and added it as a small consolation for fans who were hoping for Phoenix being part of the DLC pass? I just listened to some of them and it is so great to finally have Pursuit Cornered and all those awesome tracks from the different AA games in Smash!! Interestingly, 3 of the 17 new music songs are from "Ace Attorney R" - what the hell is this? I've never heard of it, maybe a new game that is yet to be announced?....

.... and then I woke up.... I was just dreaming.... what an intense dream, it felt so real.... I'm shaking... I seriously thought this was happening, but it was just a dream. We can still hope for Phoenix in Smash, it's not over yet!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My ultimate reveal fantasy is that they reveal Phoenix Wright as playable with a trailer set in the courtroom and then somebody says "Assist Trophies deconfirm" and then Phoenix shouts OBJECTION, pulls out a trailer of Isaac playable in Smash as evidence and yells TAKE THAT.

Then the words "Assist Trophy deniers have been found guilty. Time for the punishment." flash across the screen.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
My ultimate reveal fantasy is that they reveal Phoenix Wright as playable with a trailer set in the courtroom and then somebody says "Assist Trophies deconfirm" and then Phoenix shouts OBJECTION, pulls out a trailer of Isaac playable in Smash as evidence and yells TAKE THAT.

Then the words "Assist Trophy deniers have been found guilty. Time for the punishment." flash across the screen.
Phoenix VS Monokuma would be an absolute dream match. Wondering how a DR execution would work for a non-specific group of people, though.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I also had a weird dream last night, a new Ace Attorney game called "Gyakuten Saiban Gaiden" was announced in Japan and it was like a prequel to AJ, the game was more focused on Athena and it gave us some more backstory on how she met Nick and many other loose ends the other games left us with but of course the main protagonist was Nick (because Phoenix sells) and some people were mad because of that, it looked really promising and I was speculating if the game was an attempt to change the DD/SOJ routes a bit.
The fact the game was Japan-only at the time had me a bit worried but since it was Phoenix Wright I was 100% sure the game was gonna come to the west.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
.... and then I woke up.... I was just dreaming.... what an intense dream, it felt so real.... I'm shaking... I seriously thought this was happening, but it was just a dream. We can still hope for Phoenix in Smash, it's not over yet!
Lol damn could you have prefaced with that. Literally made me think I missed something and it was all over.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lol damn could you have prefaced with that. Literally made me think I missed something and it was all over.
Same here. Then again, we never get music with a spirit event, and we never get an update in the middle of the weekend (especially since there's already an event of some sort going on).

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh my god.... this new update for Smash is bittersweet: On the one hand we get 17 new Ace Attorney tracks for Smash, which is awesome!! On the other hand we don't get a stage or Phoenix as a fighter, it's just the songs (no remixes, all original tracks) that are being added and a Spirit Board.

Maybe Sakurai thought it would be a real shame if there was no Ace Attorney music and added it as a small consolation for fans who were hoping for Phoenix being part of the DLC pass? I just listened to some of them and it is so great to finally have Pursuit Cornered and all those awesome tracks from the different AA games in Smash!! Interestingly, 3 of the 17 new music songs are from "Ace Attorney R" - what the hell is this? I've never heard of it, maybe a new game that is yet to be announced?....

Ace Attorney R sounds like a racing game and it's hilarious to imagine how one would look like.

Picture Phoenix desperately riding his bike as Edgeworth laps him on his super sports car. I'd pay for that.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've been playing through the entire series and I absolutely love these games Here is a spirit board

There could potentially be spoilers I think I avoided them but I could be wrong

Maya is not here because Ideally if Phoenix Wright gets into Smash the character would be 'Phoenix & Maya'

Apollo Justice Would Evolve Into
(Although now that I think about it I probably should have flipped them)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Phoenix VS Monokuma would be an absolute dream match. Wondering how a DR execution would work for a non-specific group of people, though.
They could either give Monokuma a generic punishment time based on the punishment times from the original games.

OR! I was thinking it would be interesting if Monokuma's punishment time was themed around Smash Bros itself, specifically some aspect of its gameplay. Like (and this idea is kinda bad so don't think too much of it) maybe the final smash shows the fighter(s) trying to get the smash ball but then the smash ball increases in size, falls down and crushes them.

They could make the punishment time represent an extreme version of Smash Bros gameplay. Like the fighter gets launched and then flies back and forth hitting walls like a pinball to a comical level before getting blasted offscreen.

Ace Attorney R sounds like a racing game and it's hilarious to imagine how one would look like.

Picture Phoenix desperately riding his bike as Edgeworth laps him on his super sports car. I'd pay for that.
For some reason I'm imagining someone using multiple speed boosting power ups and "Take That!" keeps appears behind the racer in big letters. (with the voice effect)

Of course the Blue Shell is the Judge's Gavel slamming down on the racer in first place with "OBJECTION" being shouted out.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

For me it sounds like a weird crossover between Ace Attorney and Another Code (Trace Memory). Or a Spin-off based on the Another Code games, i don't know...

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I've been playing through the entire series and I absolutely love these games Here is a spirit board

There could potentially be spoilers I think I avoided them but I could be wrong

Maya is not here because Ideally if Phoenix Wright gets into Smash the character would be 'Phoenix & Maya'

Apollo Justice Would Evolve Into
(Although now that I think about it I probably should have flipped them)
Would just like to point out that no DLC board has had 2 Legend Spirits. I see Judge and Franziska being more likely advanced (possibly novice for the former). Also I feel like Maya would be a spirit even if she was part of Phoenix's moveset, with him spamming the moves that use her. Would probably be advanced too.
Also all the DLC Legend's have been support spirits and I don't see that changing.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Would just like to point out that no DLC board has had 2 Legend Spirits. I see Judge and Franziska being more likely advanced (possibly novice for the former). Also I feel like Maya would be a spirit even if she was part of Phoenix's moveset, with him spamming the moves that use her. Would probably be advanced too.
Also all the DLC Legend's have been support spirits and I don't see that changing.
I’m still on Case 3 of Trials & Tribulations, but I could see Manfred Von Karma being the 4 Star. 4 stars are usually reserved for major villains known for their power (Tabuu, Omega Ridley, Akuma, M. Bison) or otherwise powerful characters (Sothis, Max Brass, Arceus, SwSh duo). Manfred fits the former perfectly, being the one who caused the DL6 incident, causing a huge chain of events that resulted in Redd White making Grossberg sell Misty Fey out, making Mia want revenge on Redd, Edgeworth to feel the guilt of the event for 15 painful years, turning him into a ruthless prosecutor, and most importantly, Phoenix becoming a defense attorney to learn the truth about Edgeworth and set him back from the path of ruthlessness that Manfred set him on. Without Manfred, none of this would have happened. And his presence makes him feel like the final boss, even though from the DS release onwards, his case is only 2nd to last.

As for the effect, I think he could have something that rewards the user for winning at that point in time, like a buff or super armor, since all DLC Support 4 Stars have unique effects IIRC. It would represent the anti-turnabout, as the trial was all Manfred until 1: Yogi admitted his guilt and quickly went back to him until 2: Maya suggested that Manfred did it.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I’m still on Case 3 of Trials & Tribulations, but I could see Manfred Von Karma being the 4 Star. 4 stars are usually reserved for major villains known for their power (Tabuu, Omega Ridley, Akuma, M. Bison) or otherwise powerful characters (Sothis, Max Brass, Arceus, SwSh duo). Manfred fits the former perfectly, being the one who caused the DL6 incident, causing a huge chain of events that resulted in Redd White making Grossberg sell Misty Fey out, making Mia want revenge on Redd, Edgeworth to feel the guilt of the event for 15 painful years, turning him into a ruthless prosecutor, and most importantly, Phoenix becoming a defense attorney to learn the truth about Edgeworth and set him back from the path of ruthlessness that Manfred set him on. Without Manfred, none of this would have happened. And his presence makes him feel like the final boss, even though from the DS release onwards, his case is only 2nd to last.

As for the effect, I think he could have something that rewards the user for winning at that point in time, like a buff or super armor, since all DLC Support 4 Stars have unique effects IIRC. It would represent the anti-turnabout, as the trial was all Manfred until 1: Yogi admitted his guilt and quickly went back to him until 2: Maya suggested that Manfred did it.
A lot of the spirits don't really make that much sense. More than power levels they tend to consider: importance to the franchise and difficulty of fight (Ness's dad for example). So I think Edgeworth would 100% be the Legend spirit over the character you're suggesting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
A lot of the spirits don't really make that much sense. More than power levels they tend to consider: importance to the franchise and difficulty of fight (Ness's dad for example). So I think Edgeworth would 100% be the Legend spirit over the character you're suggesting.
oh I agree that Edgeworth should be a legend (with there being multiple), but the thing is more protagonistic characters (Edgeworth has his own games) and characters that are viewed as equals to the hero are often only given 3, like Spring Man, Bandana Dee, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Rex, Isaac, Chun-Li, Agent 8, SwSh starters, etc. I view Edgeworth as an equal to Phoenix due to the change that occurs in Turnabout Samurai, which was him essentially becoming someone who wants the correct verdict rather than the guilty one, which was a huge showing of Character development.

I even recall Phoenix saying that any punch he threw, Edgeworth would counter, proving that Nick views him as an equal

I think all of his traits put together is 4-Star worthy, but after seeing guys like the House Leaders and every individual Phantom theif never getting 4-stars, I have to analyze the patterns, as it’s clear there’s more than just importance that goes into this.
Assuming you mean from source game, fight difficulty’s another thing entirely. You never fight Pauline but have fun with her fight. There’s really no set-in-stone way to determine who goes where, but again, I’m justmaking my guesses based on analyzing previous patterns with the Spirit rarities.

best case pipedream scenario he’s an Echo Fighter Spirit tho

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
oh I agree that Edgeworth should be a legend (with there being multiple), but the thing is more protagonistic characters (Edgeworth has his own games) and characters that are viewed as equals to the hero are often only given 3, like Spring Man, Bandana Dee, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Rex, Isaac, Chun-Li, Agent 8, SwSh starters, etc. I view Edgeworth as an equal to Phoenix due to the change that occurs in Turnabout Samurai, which was him essentially becoming someone who wants the correct verdict rather than the guilty one, which was a huge showing of Character development.

I even recall Phoenix saying that any punch he threw, Edgeworth would counter, proving that Nick views him as an equal

I think all of his traits put together is 4-Star worthy, but after seeing guys like the House Leaders and every individual Phantom theif never getting 4-stars, I have to analyze the patterns, as it’s clear there’s more than just importance that goes into this.
Assuming you mean from source game, fight difficulty’s another thing entirely. You never fight Pauline but have fun with her fight. There’s really no set-in-stone way to determine who goes where, but again, I’m justmaking my guesses based on analyzing previous patterns with the Spirit rarities.

best case pipedream scenario he’s an Echo Fighter Spirit tho
I meant the difficulty of the fight in Smash. Also yeah an Edgeworth echo is the dream but I'm not holding my breath. I do see your argument for him being a 3 Star though, it's just that beyond an ensemble spirit akin the The Phantom Thieves or The Hero's Friends I don't really see any other alternatives really.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I meant the difficulty of the fight in Smash. Also yeah an Edgeworth echo is the dream but I'm not holding my breath. I do see your argument for him being a 3 Star though, it's just that beyond an ensemble spirit akin the The Phantom Thieves or The Hero's Friends I don't really see any other alternatives really.
I think Edgeworth should be better being a variation of Phoenix like :ultluigi: or :ultisabelle: are rather than being full echoed. Apollo fits that mold better. Edgeworth being a prosecutor is more leaned towards having an offensive moveset and using his own thing from his games that the defense attorneys never used (I want to annoy people in Smash with flying chess pieces so badly).

But if there is a 4-Star Spirit, I 100% see Edgeworth being that spirit, Manfred being 3 at max (I don't think he would make the cut as a spirit instead of Franzy, a reference in Classic Mode seems almost obligatory tho). Edgeworth needs to be difficult? Well, put :ultsheik:, :ultdk: and :ultwolf: as his partners and you have a parallel to the Phantom Thieves and Hero's Companions.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
how bout we get nick in first then worry about echoes/semi clones?
Seriously. Some of you are putting the cart in front of the horses. Hell, we don't even know if we're getting any DLC Capcom fighters this time around, so it's best to just focus on supporting Nick for the time being.

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
The Ace Attorney with a heart of gold! Phoenix has been my most wanted newcomer for a while. I love his games, and seeing him play in MvC gave me hope that he could end up in more action games. So as my first real post here, I'm asking the question: What would Phoenix Wright be like in the world of Smash!

Stats: Phoenix would be a medium weight character-around Wolf's weight- with decent move speed-slightly lower then Lucario. He would have 2 jumps and would be able to crawl.

Gimmick: An idea I had for Phoenix's Gimmick involves evidence. By his % gauge would be 3 slots for Evidence gathered from his Down Special-which I will go over when we get to Specials. Each piece of evidence has its own effects, so its up to the player to decide which ones they want to have. Not all the evidence is GOOD evidence to have, however. The evidence he can gather are as follows
  1. Knife
  2. Gun
  3. Photo
  4. Autopsy Report
  5. Bottle
  6. Statue
  7. Plant
  8. Blue Badger
  9. Glasses
The last 3 are the 'bad evidence' I mentioned. But again I will go into more detail in the specials

Standard Moves:

Jab: Phoenix would have a 3 hit jab. The first hit has him pull out a piece of paper, the second has him slap the paper, and the third is a harder slap while a light bulb appears over his head. The lightbulb can also damage foes behind and above Phoenix

Dash Attack: Phoenix trips and falls on his butt, damaging foes in the crossfire (Reference to Phoenix's clumsy nature)

Side Tilt: Phoenix releases a wave of papers in front of him (This is actually a move he could use in MvC3. I thought it fit). The papers linger for a bit after activation

Up Tilt: Phoenix points his index finger at an upward angle. The sweet spot of this attack is at the tip of his finger, but it has trouble hitting straight above him

Down Tilt: Phoenix slams the ground with both hands (Reference to his desk slam animation)

Neutral Air: Phoenix holds out a paper

Forward Air: Jabs his arm and finger forward (Once again, sweet spot at the tip of his index finger)

Back Air: Turns and shoves a paper forward

Up Air: Scratches his head in confusion, hitting foes above him multiple times before launching with the final hit

Down Air: Phoenix sneezes at a downward angle. This can spike foes if they are hit by the sneeze right as it comes out

Forward Smash: Phoenix holds out his Magatama, making a psych-lock appear in front of him as he charges. Once the attack is released, the lock shatters.

Up Smash: 3 psych-locks appear above him before shattering all at once

Down Smash: 2 psych-locks appear on either side of him before shattering one after another

Grab and Throws:

Phoenix's grab has him yell out "Hold it!" and a foe caught by this will be 'grabbed'. His pummel has Phoenix read from a piece of paper, as if pressing the captured foe as a witness

Forward Throw: Phoenix points forward while shouting "That's a contradiction!", causing the foe to fly forward

Back Throw: Missile the dog appears out of nowhere and tackles the foe from behind, sending them backwards

Up Throw: Phoenix once again shouts, but this time he yells "You're hiding something!" as the opponent get sent straight up

Down Throw: Phoenix goes to yell but loses his balance and falls on the foe, pushing them onto the floor and getting popped into the air

Specials:

Down Special: While I won't normally do this, I'll discuss his down special first. I'm calling it "Investigate". Phoenix will get on his knees and start looking around the ground. If he manages to go for 3 seconds without interruption he will grab a random piece of evidence from the list provided above. If you have all 3 slots filled already, the down special changes to "Review Evidence". Phoenix will hold a hand to his chin in thought. And after 3 seconds will exclaim "I've got it!" before getting buffed. The buffs he acquires changes depending on the evidence you gathered, allowing the player to-in some sense-pick and choose their loadout. Each effect lasts about 6 seconds However once Review Evidence is used, Phoenix will lose all 3 pieces and will have to start from scratch. He also loses all his evidence if he is K.Od. The effects of each evidence are as follows
  1. The Knife increases Phoenix's attack 2x
  2. The Gun gives Phoenix's attacks 1.5x knockback
  3. The Photo allows Phoenix to have 3 total jumps
  4. Autopsy Report gives Phoenix slight armor
  5. The Bottle increases Phoenix's move speed 1.5x
  6. The Statue gives Phoenix a small amount of auto heal
  7. The Plant decreases Phoenix's attack 2x
  8. The Blue Badger makes Phoenix get launched 1.5x farther
  9. The Glasses decrease Phoenix's move speed 1.5x
As you can see, the bad evidence actually hurts Phoenix if he uses Review Evidence with them. How do you get rid of them? Why with his neutral special of course!

Neutral Special: Present Evidence. Phoenix will throw out a piece of evidence from his inventory-and yell "Take That!". Each item has its own effect when thrown
  1. The Knife pierces through foes
  2. The Gun fires when it lands, sending out a bullet projectile
  3. The Photo lays on the ground for a bit, acting as a trap for enemies to run into
  4. The Autopsy Report flies straight and destroys any projectile it comes in contact with
  5. The Bottle shatters on impact, sending out multiple glass shards that can hurt people within a radius
  6. The Statue deals the most damage but also has the shortest range
  7. All 3 pieces of bad evidence act as average projectiles
One more thing: Phoenix will always throw the evidence in the same order he collected them in. So, say you get a bad piece of evidence for your third one. Its up to you to decide whether or not you want to throw everything away just to get rid of it. In some cases, it may just be best to take the debuff.

Up Special: (Step)Ladder. Phoenix will climb up a random ladder that appears. If foes hit the ladder, it can knock Phoenix off but the falling ladder can also hurt foes. If used in the air, the ladder will fall straight down, which could be used as an edge guard

Side Special: Accusing Glare. Phoenix will stare daggers at his opponent...literally! He'll fold his arms and glare forward, sending out a knife shaped projectile from his eyes. It works like Mewtwo's disable in that it will stun a foe hit by it. But his will also instantly break any shields it hits. You cannot hide from his stern glare...unless you jump out of the way I suppose

Final Smash:
The Final Verdict

Phoenix will point forward and yell "OBJECTION!". Foes hit will be taken to a courtroom where Phoenix begins to 'attack' the opponent with evidence. The cinematic ends with the judge slamming his gavel down on the foe(s) and saying "I find the defendant Not Guilty!

Cosmetics:

Phoenix's default look is his more modern appearance
Alt 1 gives him a purple suit, pink undershirt, and a different shade of red for his tie. This is a reference to Maya, his assistant
Alt 2 gives him brown hair, an orange suit, white shirt and green tie. This is a reference to one of his best friends Larry Butz
Alt 3 gives him a red suit, black undershirt and a white tie. This is a reference to Edgeworth
Alt 4 gives him a green suit, white shirt and brown tie. This is in reference to Gumshoe
Alt 5 is an alternate costume, giving him a red vest, white shirt and blue tie. This is in reference to Apollo Justice
Alt 6 is also an alternate costume, this time giving him a pink sweater in reference to what he wore when he was a college student
His final alt is, yet again, an alt costume giving him his appearance when he was retired in Apollo Justice

His stage intro shows him already on the stage before he turns and says "The defense is ready!"

His idle animation shows him adjusting his tie

His first taunt has him look around while saying either "Have to remain sharp.." "Something's not right..." or "I spy...a contradiction!"

His second taunt shows him holding up his magatama while saying "You can't hide the truth from me!"

His last taunt has him take out a piece of paper, read from it and put it away while saying "I will submit the evidence!"

His first victory pose has Maya dancing around him, throwing confetti all over the place while Phoenix laughs sheepishly and rubs his head while saying "Hope there's no hard feelings" or "Can't believe I actually won that"

His second has him put away a paper he was reading before posing with an outstretched finger and saying "The defense rests!"

His final victory pose shows him in deep thought before getting tackle hugged by Trucy causing them both to smile and laugh

His victory theme is a remixed version of "We Won the case!"

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
What do you guys think about the French Phoenix Wright Leak that claims Phoenix, 2B and a Level 5 fighter will be the next fighters in the pass? (They apparently predicted Min Min as the next DLC fighter in February before it was revealed that the fighter would be from ARMS + the Mii costumes for Ninjara and Vault Boy amongst other things).

Most people in the Newcomer Speculation and many other threads think it is fake (post on the french website deleted and maybe manipulated? + the prediction of Sora as a Mii costume seems odd), however it's not 100% disproven yet.

I wish the leak was real, having Phoenix + Layton in Smash would be so awesome, both are heavily connected to Nintendo and haven't had any representation in Smash at all, just imagine a legendary duo-reveal. And 2B would also be hype (especially NieR-music in Smash), however I'd prefer Sora or Geno more - both of them are Mii costumes if we were to believe the leak.

Krankees

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about the French Phoenix Wright Leak that claims Phoenix, 2B and a Level 5 fighter will be the next fighters in the pass? (They apparently predicted Min Min as the next DLC fighter in February before it was revealed that the fighter would be from ARMS + the Mii costumes for Ninjara and Vault Boy amongst other things).

Most people in the Newcomer Speculation and many other threads think it is fake (post on the french website deleted and maybe manipulated? + the prediction of Sora as a Mii costume seems odd), however it's not 100% disproven yet.

I wish the leak was real, having Phoenix + Layton in Smash would be so awesome, both are heavily connected to Nintendo and haven't had any representation in Smash at all, just imagine a legendary duo-reveal. And 2B would also be hype (especially NieR-music in Smash), however I'd prefer Sora or Geno more - both of them are Mii costumes if we were to believe the leak.
First I'm hearing about it. Would be nice if it happened but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
First I'm hearing about it. Would be nice if it happened but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Here is the initial post with the leak in question:

And here is some investigative work done by 7NATOR 7NATOR who is trying to find out whether this leak might be real:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i just dont see them haggling with disney over the KH licence just to use it for a costume

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
i just dont see them haggling with disney over the KH licence just to use it for a costume
Yeah they wouldn't, not just the effort to get the license for just a costume, but the fact that the investment on getting Sora wouldn't be made back even with everyone buying a mii costume, the mii costume just isn't worth the investment, therefore that's never gonna happen. There's just no profit in that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

God, I wish. Phoenix Wright and 2B. Two characters I want.

But Sora being a Mii costume just kills it.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
It's September now and we all know what that means: Tokyo Games Show will be soon (24th - 27th September)! TGS is when Ace Attorney games normally get announced, do you think we can except anything this year? It has been a long time since the last game and I really, really hope we will finally get some new Ace Attorney news...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's September now and we all know what that means: Tokyo Games Show will be soon (24th - 27th September)! TGS is when Ace Attorney games normally get announced, do you think we can except anything this year? It has been a long time since the last game and I really, really hope we will finally get some new Ace Attorney news...
theyre going ahead with it?

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
theyre going ahead with it?
Here is the newest info, there will be a Capcom-panel on 25th and also something on 26th as well as on 27th:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
From what I remember we were supposed to get 3 AA games on the Switch and we've only seen one so far. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-6 collection hit the Switch soon.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Bare in mind that Yamazaki walked out of Capcom recently which indicates that either:
Ace Attorney 7 is not in active development.
Ace Attorney 7 was in active development but is now cancelled
Ace Attorney 7 is in development hell.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Tinfoil-theory: The reason we have to wait so long for the next Smash fighter reveal is because it's Phoenix Wright with some new design/gimmick from AA7 and Nintendo wants to wait until Ace Attorney 7 gets announced at TGA before revealing the fighter :sakbanjo:

Top Bottom