• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
:ultryu: why do this guy always show up everytime we are invited to something?
:ultganondorf: the evil magistrate!!
:ultgreninja: must be the new pet of the Steel Samurai.
:ultshulk: is that the guy Fiora was talking about all the time?
:ultjoker: hey look it's Mask DeMasque!!
:ulthero3: Phoenix recognizes him and fanboys because it's one of the games he played as a kid.
:ultminmin: those burger arms looks weird.
:ultgnw: looking at him makes both Nick and Maya break the fourth wall about being 2D sprites.
I swear to God if they refer to Min Min's arms as burgers I'd completely lose it.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Let's play a little game. You can choose any Ace Attorney music tracks from all the games to be included, but only 15.

Here are my 15:
  • Pursuit - Cornered
  • Objection! 2001
  • Steel Samurai theme
  • Announce the Truth (Justice for All)
  • Announce the Truth (Trials and Tribulations)
  • Pursuit - Overtaken
  • Announce the Truth (Apollo Justice)
  • Pursuit - Keep Pressing On
  • Objection! 2013 (Phoenix Wright)
  • Pursuit - Cornering Together
  • Apollo Justice - A New Chapter of Trials 2016
  • Athena - Courtroom Revolutionnaire
  • Pursuit - Lying Coldly
  • Confrontation - Presto (2009)
  • Pursuit - Wanting to Localize the Game Find the Truth
Do you also think Capcom would allow more songs than 15? They did give both Mega Man and Street Fighter over 30 songs so I imagine it's not too much of a stretch that we could even get as many songs as ARMS even with the budget they seemingly have.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sure! I don't know if we'd be lucky enough to get spin-off music, like how there's still no Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music in Smash, so I made a little playlist of the 15 tracks I think would be very fun from the main series of games, and there's two bonus at the end, my favorite tracks from the spin-offs! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyhq0Xa5x2I&list=PLTqej2GhAVX7MUfwh2H-0DP4ThxmEcO66&index=2

They go in this order and include cool remixes!
1. Turnabout Sisters
2. Objection 2001
3. Cornered 2001
4. Gumshoe's Theme
5. Steel Samurai Theme
6. Investigation ~ Core 2001
7. Announce the Truth 2002
8. Godot's Theme
9. Mask☆DeMasque's Theme
10. Apollo's Objection Theme (Don't forget the guitar part please!)
11. Apollo's Cornered 2007
12. Trucy's Theme
13. Ema's Theme
14. Athena's Courtroom Revolutionnaire
15. Mood Matrix ~ Running Wild
Bonus 1: Ace Attorney Investigations - Confrontation ~ Presto 2009
Bonus 2: Ace Attorney Investigations 2 - Cornered 2011

People new to the series, careful...! I'm worried even youtube recommendations from watching these could ruin cool moments from the series, plus youtube comments, and potentially one of the thumbnails in this playlist, so, yeah, careful, I'd hate to ruin anything!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
My song choices:

1. Pursuit ~ Cornered
2. Objection! 2001
3. The Steel Samurai
4. Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2002
5. The Great Revival ~ Miles Edgeworth
6. Pursuit ~ Caught
7. Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark-Colored Coffee
8. Apollo Justice ~ A New Trial is in Session!
9. Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Revolutionnaire 2013
10. Thought Route ~ Resonance of the Synapses
11. Ema Skye ~ The Scientific Detective 2016
12. Confrontation ~ Presto 2009
13. Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find the Truth
14. Logic Chess ~ Opening/Endgame
15. Gregory Edgeworth ~ A Defense Attorney's Knowledge

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think I'd be able to make a list of just 15 songs but I know Guilty Love would be on it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sure! I don't know if we'd be lucky enough to get spin-off music, like how there's still no Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music in Smash,
i dont think any pokemon spin off has music, not even go and TPC are still pushing that one

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Let's play a little game. You can choose any Ace Attorney music tracks from all the games to be included, but only 15.

Here are my 15:
  • Pursuit - Cornered
  • Objection! 2001
  • Steel Samurai theme
  • Announce the Truth (Justice for All)
  • Announce the Truth (Trials and Tribulations)
  • Pursuit - Overtaken
  • Announce the Truth (Apollo Justice)
  • Pursuit - Keep Pressing On
  • Objection! 2013 (Phoenix Wright)
  • Pursuit - Cornering Together
  • Apollo Justice - A New Chapter of Trials 2016
  • Athena - Courtroom Revolutionnaire
  • Pursuit - Lying Coldly
  • Confrontation - Presto (2009)
  • Pursuit - Wanting to Localize the Game Find the Truth
Do you also think Capcom would allow more songs than 15? They did give both Mega Man and Street Fighter over 30 songs so I imagine it's not too much of a stretch that we could even get as many songs as ARMS even with the budget they seemingly have.
I think Capcom would allow for as many songs as Sakurai wanted, but I don't think they would include 50. Capcom would probably ask at their staff and actually answer with 11-15 songs like most packs instead of "OK".

But if we have 15 to choose, dang, even just choosing 15 it's hard.

1.- Objection / Pursuit - Cornered: Mix them together because this themes are too short to be used in a Smash match without getting repetitive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3YxW6xmWS8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szpRC-PLyM
Project X Zone 2 are my favorite renditions, they feel like faithful restaurations of the originals without being overly orchestral or techno.

2.. Steel Samurai Theme (New Remix), with even more Japanesemerican style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-7nVqIkbwE

3.- Investigation Themes Medley (Of course Middle 2002 and Core 2002 have to be there).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcuK7tHFg6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFy7msnqqX4
(I HIGHLY suggest to not read the comments of those videos if you haven't played Justice for All, actually, just don't read any comments of any video if you haven't played the series)

4.- Pursuit - Caught
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWRoMlmeTA&t

5.- Dark Fragrance of Coffee (I need a fast-paced version of this song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DTjNriHboA&t

6.- Pursuit - Overtaken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uocHYbEbWSE

7.- Klavier Gavin - Guilty Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x42h1oZUwwM

8.- Pursuit - Lying Coldly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks6a6sUIifE

9.- Miles Edgeworth - Objection 2011 (Since this is basically a fast-paced version of Grand Revival)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xnRw3tNFE

10.- Pursuit - Wanting to Find the Truth (People please play this game)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDuVT3wiFI8

11.- Pursuit - Keep Pressing On
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpTQ7fr2yeM

12.- Objection! 2016 (Phoenix Wright)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSu8Xh02Z8

13.- Apollo Justice - A New Chapter of Trials 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkA6jnisf0

14.- Athena - Courtroom Revolutionnaire (This theme was so underused, that I wish I could listen to it in another game)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fia7PLOF7yw

15.- Pursuit - The Great Turnabout (I know it will probably never happen but I played this game and I'm biased now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLxzHOje5o&t

By the way, have you seen this Spirit Board banner. It's looks pretty good.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think if any Ace Attorney spinoffs got music I'd want it to be the Investigations series and Dai Gyakuten Saiban. (although to be fair I don't think there ARE other spinoffs....) Investigations at least feel less like spinoffs to me in the sense that it's still set in the same world/time period as the main games.

Although if the latter was considered impossible due to it never releasing in the west then I'd love to see them throw in a Ghost Trick track. Honestly it would be awesome if they threw in a Sissel mii costume along with playable Phoenix.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I know I'm becoming a Mii Brawler player if certain character gets a Mii Costume

Krankees

Smash Ace
I had a crazy Ace Attorney stage idea. What if in the stage hazards version it had witness testimony and cross-examination where in the testimony part, a random witness appears and starts recalling a scene. Then when it goes to cross-examination, certain hazards start affecting the stage depending on what was said in the testimony.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I had a crazy Ace Attorney stage idea. What if in the stage hazards version it had witness testimony and cross-examination where in the testimony part, a random witness appears and starts recalling a scene. Then when it goes to cross-examination, certain hazards start affecting the stage depending on what was said in the testimony.
Will we be able to hit the witness ourselves, though?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
so what you're saying is this should totally be a stage hazard, right?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Seeing all of these witness ideas being brought up makes me wonder. AA is a series about story, right? So an AA spoiler would affect enjoyment more than a spoiler normally would. If Phoenix were to get in, wouldn't that make it a bit difficult to implement things from certain cases without spoiling any players that are being introduced to the series? Or is that just me?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Seeing all of these witness ideas being brought up makes me wonder. AA is a series about story, right? So an AA spoiler would affect enjoyment more than a spoiler normally would. If Phoenix were to get in, wouldn't that make it a bit difficult to implement things from certain cases without spoiling any players that are being introduced to the series? Or is that just me?
i really dont think theyll care

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Smash is generally aimed at older fans who presumably played games that are casually spoiled, so to me it's like Tuesday at this point. Ultimate doesn't even have profiles this time, so the only things getting spoiled are characters just existing. It's all about context.

It's been many years since I completely stopped caring about spoilers, hell I was practically raised on them by reading Nintendo Power issues.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I kind of agree with you. Sure, Smash has spoiled characters, like the entire party in Dragon Quest 11 and Mecha-Fiora, but it never really provides the context. I imagine Phoenix Wright using items like The Thinker statue, the metal detector, or the ladder/step ladder in his moveset, but the reasons on why he uses those items wouldn’t be explained until you play the first Ace Attorney game. Melee and Brawl never gave a reason as to why Zelda transforms into Sheik either. Smash does casually spoil games quite a bit, but they never elaborate on the spoilers themselves that much, leaving some mystery for the players who haven’t tried the original games yet.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I imagine that a Phoenix moveset would use notable pieces of evidence from the series, but without context. I wouldn't expect any actual spoilers, so, for example, culprits having their breakdowns in the background of the stage is definitely a no-go. Wouldn't be hard either, I don't think I've ever seen a moveset for him that spoils anything from the games beyond stuff like "at some point he sneezes" or "there's a metal detector used at some point".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I kind of agree with you. Sure, Smash has spoiled characters, like the entire party in Dragon Quest 11 and Mecha-Fiora, but it never really provides the context. I imagine Phoenix Wright using items like The Thinker statue, the metal detector, or the ladder/step ladder in his moveset, but the reasons on why he uses those items wouldn’t be explained until you play the first Ace Attorney game. Melee and Brawl never gave a reason as to why Zelda transforms into Sheik either. Smash does casually spoil games quite a bit, but they never elaborate on the spoilers themselves that much, leaving some mystery for the players who haven’t tried the original games yet.
The funny thing is, among the games with the least amount of spoilers is Final Fantasy 7, and even then it's solely due to negotiation timing issues (possibly due to both art and music content creators not being around). Anyone who didn't know about FF7 prior to playing Smash could be forgiven for thinking it only takes place in Midgar.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
imagine how confusing it will be if a background character has a true personality reveal without context

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
imagine how confusing it will be if a background character has a true personality reveal without context
"When Phoenix is in battle, Kristoph takes over!"

"Leave it to me!" - Kristoph Gavin

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I doubt there'd be a stage hazard that would also be a spoiler. I also don't expect that any culprits (aside from maybe the very first one) would be included.

If we get witnesses showing up on the courtroom stage I'd expect them to be mostly the goofballs or less serious ones. (like Oldbag, Lotta or Ron Delite etc)

I doubt we're going to see a certain someone being exorcised in the middle of battle.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I doubt there'd be a stage hazard that would also be a spoiler. I also don't expect that any culprits (aside from maybe the very first one) would be included.

If we get witnesses showing up on the courtroom stage I'd expect them to be mostly the goofballs or less serious ones. (like Oldbag, Lotta or Ron Delite etc)

I doubt we're going to see a certain someone being exorcised in the middle of battle.
not to mention a few of the cases show you the culprit at the start

Dibble

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but should Phoenix Wright's up special be a ladder, or a stepladder?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but should Phoenix Wright's up special be a ladder, or a stepladder?
When you press up-b you have to say whether it's a ladder or a stepladder and every other player has to say whether it's a ladder or a stepladder and if they say the opposite one to you they get damaged and it has high knockback.

The Switch doesn't have a built in microphone so we'll need to use the Nintendo Online app for this.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I imagine Phoenix Wright’s up special involving him getting either a ladder or step ladder randomly generated from cyber space. He frantically climbs up the ladder/step ladder, then he automatically jumps off of it when he reaches the top. The ladder/step ladder then falls, meteoring anyone that gets hit by its descent. If the ladder/step ladder lands on the stage, it stays for a couple of seconds as a solid platform like how Sonic’s spring stays and is interactable. The ladder/step ladder has super armor during the up special and will tank most attacks while Phoenix Wright climbs it, but he will still take damage. The super armor goes away once he jumps off the ladder/step ladder.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

I was a fan of the series, hopefully Capcom will find someone to take over.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope this doesn't mean the series is on hiatus.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
If they replaced Takumi before I don't see how the same can't be repeated. I hope whoever takes over can hook me over better than Yamazaki did.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope the guy they get to replace Yamazaki does a better job and can hopefully get me back into the series.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Meanwhile I'm over here thinking AA5 and AA6 are some of the strongest games in the series...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Meanwhile I'm over here thinking AA5 and AA6 are some of the strongest games in the series...
The final case of AA6 is one of my favorites. Especially the final trial segment.

Brazillian Cara

Smash Cadet
Is Takumi still working at Capcom? I wonder if he might be the one to conclude a certain plot point he introduced in AA4 (which was then teased at the end of AA6).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Is Takumi still working at Capcom? I wonder if he might be the one to conclude a certain plot point he introduced in AA4 (which was then teased at the end of AA6).
He still works at capcom but he's gone on record saying he doesn't want to work on the main series anymore and that he doesn't exactly approve of how Yamazaki handled the AA4 storyline.

Top Bottom