• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
thought this was worth sharing, as pushdustin states, take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
thought this was worth sharing, as pushdustin states, take it with a grain of salt
Also, he continued with this:

I guess this means FP6's announcement trailer is ready. But maybe we would have to wait more to play as him/her than expected.
Also, that meeting with a publisher sounds exciting, another third party character joining in I suppose.

All that I can say is that Phoenix makes it into the game and this is one his moves.

That's gonna be funny and glorious xD.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I'm fine with just knowing who it is. I wouldn't mind the wait. Of course it would all change if Phoenix was FP6.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Also, he continued with this:

I guess this means FP6's announcement trailer is ready. But maybe we would have to wait more to play as him/her than expected.
Also, that meeting with a publisher sounds exciting, another third party character joining in I suppose.

All that I can say is that Phoenix makes it into the game and this is one his moves.

That's gonna be funny and glorious xD.
That would be his recoverh.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So the person who originally mistranslated the Sakurai column to say that Fighter 6 is delayed deleted their tweet, seems like Push Dustin's translation is the reliable one. That means the next fighter might still be on track, but any after will take a bit longer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So the person who originally mistranslated the Sakurai column to say that Fighter 6 is delayed deleted their tweet, seems like Push Dustin's translation is the reliable one. That means the next fighter might still be on track, but any after will take a bit longer.
Only question is announce-wise or release-wise? Should probably know in less then 24 hours given more will be put out about this.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Only question is announce-wise or release-wise? Should probably know in less then 24 hours given more will be put out about this.
I'm not sure how much the full column will divulge, but if the long rumored Marth 26th Direct happens next week we could get some answers. They might announce Fighter 6 but explain the rest might be on a disrupted schedule, or nothing at all could indicate a delay as Byleth's video was recorded back in Nov. There's very likely not going to be a general May Direct, so they could do a Smash presentation then unless they want for 'E3' which is really just more of a June Direct this year anyway.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just finished case 3 of Ace Attorney 2. This was horribly sad...
That case really got me too, like man, talk about sympathy for the culprit. It's not even like there's anyone you can blame for things, so it's all the more tragic.

Krankees

Smash Ace
why is it controversial?
I believe Acro's whole situation upsetted some people as I heard some question that if he respected the Ring Master so much, why didn't he think twice about trying to kill his daughter. My headcanon is that he was just so distraught and angry from the tragedy that happened that he wasn't thinking straight.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
why is it controversial?
2 reasons that i can remember.

The first one is that most of the case is pretty boring to a lot of people, the second one is that characters like Regina, Moe and the puppet who's name I forgot are pretty annoying.

Personally I like the anime adaptation a lot more than the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I believe Acro's whole situation upsetted some people as I heard some question that if he respected the Ring Master so much, why didn't he think twice about trying to kill his daughter. My headcanon is that he was just so distraught and angry from the tragedy that happened that he wasn't thinking straight.
yeah thats how i always took it, he was in a lot of pain and it drove him to do something he would never have normally done

2 reasons that i can remember.

The first one is that most of the case is pretty boring to a lot of people, the second one is that characters like Regina, Moe and the puppet who's name I forgot are pretty annoying.

Personally I like the anime adaptation a lot more than the game.
could just be me but that sounds a bit more like nit picking than controversy, but i guess fans do like to sensationalise their complaints on occasion

personally i rather liked that case

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Hey Phoenix bros !

Man, it's good to be back. So how's everyone doing ? What's the situation on our favorite spiky haired ace attorney ?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
with him i was mostly surprised by how normal he was compared to most witnesses
I just found his dialogue incredibly annoying to sit through, what with all the constant laughing he does. Then there's the courtroom segment where you actually have to cross-examine him...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just found his dialogue incredibly annoying to sit through, what with all the constant laughing he does. Then there's the courtroom segment where you actually have to cross-examine him...
to be honest its been a while i dont remember his dialogue to well

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I didn't hate Turnabout Big Top as a whole, but this guy...

... I hope this guy comes with Phoenix Wright as a Spirit, so I can kick his *** for being the most annoying witness ever.
Phoenix: There is a lot of bears in this room.
Moe: I bet you can't BEAR that!

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
why is it controversial?
In forums, lists and polls regarding the worst cases in Ace Attorney 2-3 is mentioned a lot – together with 4-3 probably one of the most disliked cases ever. The reasons: Annoying & unlikeable characters (especially Moe, Regina, Ben and Trilo), illogical resolution of the events of the murder (logic doesn't make sense), punishments for pressing the witness (mentioned above) and tough & lengthy dialogues.

But hey, these are just some concerns from other people that I heard most often so far. I don't really agree with the criticism and think Turnabout Big Top is a decent case with a good story. My friend even likes this case the most out of all cases from AA2.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
In forums, lists and polls regarding the worst cases in Ace Attorney 2-3 is mentioned a lot – together with 4-3 probably one of the most disliked cases ever. The reasons: Annoying & unlikeable characters (especially Moe, Regina, Ben and Trilo), illogical resolution of the events of the murder (logic doesn't make sense), punishments for pressing the witness (mentioned above) and tough & lengthy dialogues.

But hey, these are just some concerns from other people that I heard most often so far. I don't really agree with the criticism and think Turnabout Big Top is a decent case with a good story. My friend even likes this case the most out of all cases from AA2.
4-3 is disliked?? That's one of the best cases ever for me.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, I thought 4-3 was pretty cool overall.
2-3 certainly is one of the few cases in the series where at some points I felt frustrated in a bad way. Also, it wasn't very engaging for me. At the beginning I was really into it and the premise of the circus and all that seemed great. But idk, in the end most of the characters were a bit annoying... specially the ****ing clown lol
I think it offers a good premise but the execution could be better.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

which part do they find illogical the kleptomaniac monkey or the motive? also which one is 4-3 again?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Many people bring up 5-DLC as 2-3 done well and much better. Which I have to agree with.

I didn't find the characters annoying. Just how ridiculous the solution to the murder ended up being (Basically a string of extremely unlikely coincidences happening one after the other because why not?).

Confronting Simon in the Berry Big Circus was a very unexpected setting. Those animals didn't have mercy with him.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
My main issue with Turnabout Big Top was the fact that the only likeable character was the culprit. Also the fact that this case basically rotates around 3 adult men Bat, Max (who are both in their 20s) and Ben (31, Jesus Christ!) hitting on a teenage girl. But I still think the case gets a lot of unnecessary hate. The Moe thing was unfair but in the grand scheme of things didn't really disadvantage me too much.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My main issue with Turnabout Big Top was the fact that the only likeable character was the culprit. Also the fact that this case basically rotates around 3 adult men Bat, Max (who are both in their 20s) and Ben (31, Jesus Christ!) hitting on a teenage girl. But I still think the case gets a lot of unnecessary hate. The Moe thing was unfair but in the grand scheme of things didn't really disadvantage me too much.
dont you mean acro rather than bat?

Top Bottom