• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
So, this showed up in my recommendations a few days ago and I can't describe how perfect this medley is, not only because of Ace Attorney
being present but I also like Castlevania a lot and this mashup merges some* of the best tracks of both soundtracks really well.
Honestly, this video gave me a few more years of life, its amazing.
*No Simon theme tho, it would've been perfect to have it in there.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
dont get it
It mostly the physical resemblance but personality wise this actually couldn't be more out of true. And knowing how that certain Smash player is... that actually pisses me off.

BTW I said I wanted to watch Samsora's streaming, but I'm regretting it now, 50 minutes and counting stuck on the first testimony of Cody because he doesn't want chat's or anyone's help..... yeah..... that confirms to me that Ace Attorney isn't good to spectate after all.

Edit: LMAOOOOOOOOO what just happened is going to spike Phoenix's popularity if it gets viral.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It mostly the physical resemblance but personality wise this actually couldn't be more out of true. And knowing how that certain Smash player is... that actually pisses me off.
i have no idea who the other character is, probably should have said that in the first place

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
i have no idea who the other character is, probably should have said that in the first place
It's not a character, it's a competitive Smash player with an incredible infamous reputation. But if you don't know then you are better off not knowing, let's leave it there.

"During Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 gameplay, Wright spends a lot of time stalling (with Maya's help) so that he can obtain the evidence he needs to effectively clash with the opponent. Gameplay like this would be very interesting to see in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate if Wright transitioned similarly."

I don't know how do I feel about this, in one hand, Marvel's gameplay is very fast and aggressive so trying to even look up for evidence there can be a deadly mistake. In Smash it should be much easier to run away and collect evidence to get Turnabout Mode. Specially in free for all matches (Unless they make him slower than Robin I guess). That and comeback mechanics are starting to become tiresome and cliché with DLC fighers.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If Phoenix was already included in Ultimate... he'd for sure be playbable in this event tournament.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
wrighto.png

I'm likin' all the fake leaks that include Wrighto, because that means people are seeing him as a legit option that will make their leak more believable.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
View attachment 265232

I'm likin' all the fake leaks that include Wrighto, because that means people are seeing him as a legit option that will make their leak more believable.
I agree with you on that.

Looks cool, but I'd be surprised if Wright was revealed that way... I mean, I think it would be a given for Wright to be revealed in a trailer imitating the artstyle of the first Ace Attorney games. Well, maybe that image belongs to the transition to Smash 3D visuals.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Credit where credit is due - blurriness aside, the faces actually look kinda decent in this one imo.

And yeah, always cool to see Nick getting some love, especially considering Dante is the one getting more games and ports in recent times.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
View attachment 265232

I don't know why but the first thing that crossed my mind after seeing this was:
"She's gonna end up getting accused of killing Yoshi, won't she?"

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
'Memba that fake leak featuring Wright? The creator of his render put it up.
https://twitter.com/MutatedDude/status/1236686184916672513

I think the head is a little weak but the rest is pretty good
Oh, it's the same guy that did the Junko and Monokuma one.

...why are people even remotely considering these as potentially legitimate? They're clearly not models but rather 2D images attempting to emulate 3D. Not to say he's without talent or anything but... they're obvious fakes.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't think E3 being canceled matters much for Nintendo with the direct format, but I wonder if they'll take some leeway on when they do a direct around June-July with that out of the way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think E3 being canceled matters much for Nintendo with the direct format, but I wonder if they'll take some leeway on when they do a direct around June-July with that out of the way.
well it may effect them slightly without the show floor, the playabe demos for reviewers to preview and the treehouse segments

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Hey guys Cooking Mama's biggest fan here, I'm proposing a triple alliance between the Mama supporters, the Professor Layton supporters and the Phoenix Wright supporters to help boost our visibility and support within the Smash community and to get at least one rep for the often neglected Nintendo DS era, either in this game or Ultimate's sequel.

I was talking to the guys on the Layton support thread and they're all on board with the idea, we just need your support now and we can kick it off.
Think about it.
Mama.
Layton.
Wright.
All 3 became household names on the DS, if this campaign goes well we might end getting a whole lot of cool fan art regardless if we get a rep or not.

We're still working on what to call the alliance, "THE DS 3" is what we've got so far in a homage to "the Big 3" from the Sm4sh days but we're open to all suggestions.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Hey guys Cooking Mama's biggest fan here, I'm proposing a triple alliance between the Mama supporters, the Professor Layton supporters and the Phoenix Wright supporters to help boost our visibility and support within the Smash community and to get at least one rep for the often neglected Nintendo DS era, either in this game or Ultimate's sequel.

I was talking to the guys on the Layton support thread and they're all on board with the idea, we just need your support now and we can kick it off.
Think about it.
Mama.
Layton.
Wright.
All 3 became household names on the DS, if this campaign goes well we might end getting a whole lot of cool fan art regardless if we get a rep or not.

We're still working on what to call the alliance, "THE DS 3" is what we've got so far in a homage to "the Big 3" from the Sm4sh days but we're open to all suggestions.
You know, that actually sounds really cool!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
they did?
Well, I guess that's debatable but the three franchises are definitely associated with the Nintendo DS.

About the idea, I think it's very cool. I haven't played any Layton game or any Cooking Mama game, but they would be cool picks. This alliance is a nice idea, even if it's only to gain and attract new people. Maybe it's already done but I'd suggest making a Twitter profile for this campaign.

Krankees

Smash Ace

Think about it.
Mama.
Layton.
Wright.

I think that would be cool even though I've only played Ace Attorney's. But how would this work?

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Think about it.
Mama.
Layton.
Wright.

Sounds like a pretty good idea, even through I've never played a Professor Layton or Cooking Mama game before. Are there any plans for a Discord server eventually later?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
I think that would be cool even though I've only played Ace Attorney's. But how would this work?
Sounds like a pretty good idea, even through I've never played a Professor Layton or Cooking Mama game before. Are there any plans for a Discord server eventually later?
I honestly have no idea, I was hoping that after the alliance was made on Smashboards it would spread out to GameFaqs, tumblr and other spots and we'd end up getting some cool fan art at least.
Someone suggested above a Twitter which could work too

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I honestly have no idea, I was hoping that after the alliance was made on Smashboards it would spread out to GameFaqs, tumblr and other spots and we'd end up getting some cool fan art at least.
Someone suggested above a Twitter which could work too
well it couldnt hurt to try i guess

zumaddy

Smash Ace
My university's likely going to be shut down for the next 2-3 weeks, which sucks although at least I'll have Animal Crossing.

I wonder if that was an alternate costume in Smash, they'd keep the 'Ryu' on the front or remove it for the Western version. I know Corrin has her tights filled in the localized version of Smash 4 so it wouldn't be crazy to have an altered costume between regions.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My university's likely going to be shut down for the next 2-3 weeks, which sucks although at least I'll have Animal Crossing.

I wonder if that was an alternate costume in Smash, they'd keep the 'Ryu' on the front or remove it for the Western version. I know Corrin has her tights filled in the localized version of Smash 4 so it wouldn't be crazy to have an altered costume between regions.
Considering they'd have to change the speech bubbles, I don't think changing the Ryu for the P is that much of a hassle.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace

I've got 5. I'm going to go home and bully my brother into playing ace attorney.
Also Animal Crossing.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Ace Attorney Trilogy on Switch is pretty high up on the Australian eShop thanks to the sale. Good to see :)

Top Bottom