• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Quoting from another thread, with a swapped out name:

I dunno if this is tongue in cheek or not, but I don't believe in dislike bombing.

Also, eh, I haven't been paying attention to him for a while.

But yeah, bit sad he doesn't want Phoenix, oh well.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah let's not do that. Plus his reasoning makes sense even if I don't agree with it. Not cool to dogpile on someone for an opinion if it's presented reasonably.

Krankees

Smash Ace
The nonbeliever heathen witch TheJWittz has put Phoenix on his list of characters he doesn't want. Let's dislike the video to oblivion bois.

I think smash can do better with Phoenix. UMVC3 did do a good job but it's obvious to see they exaggerated some things with his moveset.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I... never really thought MvC3 did Phoenix total justice (no pun intended), to be honest. The animations are stilted by the nature of the kind of game it is, and I feel like Smash just offers him a lot more freedom than a 2D fighter ever could.

Also, I really disagree with the idea that any character that's ever been in a cross-over should be out of the running for Smash. That's just... asinine. I like JWittz, but that's absolutely terrible reasoning.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I... never really thought MvC3 did Phoenix total justice (no pun intended), to be honest. The animations are stilted by the nature of the kind of game it is, and I feel like Smash just offers him a lot more freedom than a 2D fighter ever could.

Also, I really disagree with the idea that any character that's ever been in a cross-over should be out of the running for Smash. That's just... asinine. I like JWittz, but that's absolutely terrible reasoning.
I mean, you know, by that logic :ult_terry:shouldn't be in here, since he's been in a fighting crossover guest appearance (Fighting EX Layer) before this.

Sometimes a character can't get in due to certain factors, but showing up in other crossovers is not one of them.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
The nonbeliever heathen witch TheJWittz has put Phoenix on his list of characters he doesn't want. Let's dislike the video to oblivion bois.

Can't really do that as I agree with him on everything else. But I think he's wrong, I think that Phoenix in Smash would play differently from MVC and that would still be worth playing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, :ultmegaman: doesn't play 1:1 like his MvC incarnation anyway. Even :ultryu: has a few differences compared to other appearances.

If you want to disagree with someone, just don't pay attention to them. You still give views to them if you get into the video to dislike.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I love when people assume that a character is going to play 1:1 to every single appearance, especially in crossovers made by completely different teams.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I could see Sakurai taking some cues from Phoenix Wright's UMVC3 moveset when making his Smash moveset (he has no problem referencing other crossovers anyway, such as namedropping "the Versus Series" when talking about Ken's Final Smash), but I doubt it would be similar beyond maybe a few moves... and even if it were more than that, that's still not a good reason to exclude Phoenix Wright from Smash.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I think smash can do better with Phoenix. UMVC3 did do a good job but it's obvious to see they exaggerated some things with his moveset.
I wholeheartdly agree. He was amazing in UMVC3, but he could be so different and even more unique in Smash. Plus, Nintendo is pretty much where his home is.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Aside from Nick, the only character on this list I disagree with is Doomguy/Doom Slayer.
My biggest problem with TheJWittz's choices is the poorly detailed reasoning for each character.
The exception is number 1, but he's generally not wanted in Smash thus a cop-out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Aside from Nick, the only character on this list I disagree with is Doomguy/Doom Slayer.
My biggest problem with TheJWittz's choices is the poorly detailed reasoning for each character.
The exception is number 1, but he's generally not wanted in Smash thus a cop-out.
who was it? cant bring myself to watch that video

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228

I certainly don't agree with his reasoning, but can we not screw with his channel just because we don't like his opinion? that seems more than a little messed up, man.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The kind that's born from assuming that every rule gets broken on a whim, including the one that's explicitly intended not to be broken.
people like that need to realise that the difference here is that "no non video game characters" is an actual sakurai rule, all the rules that have been broke are fan rules

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
people like that need to realise that the difference here is that "no non video game characters" is an actual sakurai rule, all the rules that have been broke are fan rules
It's too bad that they also don't realise that there isn't always a clear-cut reason for a character being left out other than "not prioritised at this time" or "not thought about", instead of making up narratives about Sak "hating" specific characters for selfish and silly reasons. And the fact that he can change his mind on some things (Animal Crossing was once seen as "too peaceful" to get a character in here, but that changed quickly).

Death of the Author is in full-swing in this fanbase.

Anyway...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's too bad that they also don't realise that there isn't always a clear-cut reason for a character being left out other than "not prioritised at this time" or "not thought about", instead of making up narratives about Sak "hating" specific characters for selfish and silly reasons. And the fact that he can change his mind on some things (Animal Crossing was once seen as "too peaceful" to get a character in here, but that changed quickly).

Death of the Author is in full-swing in this fanbase.

Anyway...

aint that the truth, fans probably put way more thought into why or why not a character should be in smash than sakurai does

have to think about the pic and come back

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I certainly don't agree with his reasoning, but can we not screw with his channel just because we don't like his opinion? that seems more than a little messed up, man.
Disliking a single video that was poorly made in quality and research is not going to destroy his channel, buddy. I'm not advocating sending him death threats or creating hundreds of sockpuppets to dislike all his videos (which wouldn't even do anything because the youtube algorithm can detect stuff like that), or harassing his fans, all I'm saying is that a SINGLE video where he displays faulty arguments and fails to sufficiently support them with proper logic is deserving of a dislike in my view. It's more than a disagreement, it's that he can't even support his opinion properly, he has to resort to flawed logic and long debunked arguments to try to justify them. But hey, people clearly took that the wrong way, so I'll remove that part from my post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I where to pick the Ace Attorney collection, would it be better on phones or the Nintendo Switch?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
got it, its a new mascot for the police
That leaked Ace Attorney 7 screenshot where they reveal the Green Badger sure looks sick!

If I where to pick the Ace Attorney collection, would it be better on phones or the Nintendo Switch?
If you mean the Ace Attorney HD Trilogy, Nintendo Switch. From what I've seen between both the iOS and Switch versions, the latter just runs better.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I had a terrible experience with the ace attorney trilogy on mobile. The port was incredibly incompetent, with sound cues just not working properly at all most of the time. I don't know if they improved it but I do not recommend it.

D

Deleted member

I had a terrible experience with the ace attorney trilogy on mobile. The port was incredibly incompetent, with sound cues just not working properly at all most of the time. I don't know if they improved it but I do not recommend it.
Gonna take that in mind then.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So, I came across this tweet done for fun...

...And I'm not sure my birth month is going to be very effective.

I'm Master Chief, for reference.
I'm Master Chief too, though I'm 1 day off of being Rex and Pyra.

Top Bottom