• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Krankees

Smash Ace
Okay, so on Arle thread it's believed that Sakura Shinguji would actually be the one to be FP5, mainly due to the timing of the VGAs airing on the same day as Shin SW's release date. What say you?
I want to believe Joker counts as the SEGA rep for this fighter's pass and that there won't be another SEGA rep. I think that might just be a coincidence but it might not be.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
She's the main character from Sakura Wars.

I'm from the group who thinks that neither SNK, Square, Sega or Microsoft will double dip in the pass. I think she has a shot but for post-pass for that reason.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
She's the main character from Sakura Wars.

I'm from the group who thinks that neither SNK, Square, Sega or Microsoft will double dip in the pass. I think she has a shot but for post-pass for that reason.
so whats the logic behind thinking its her?

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man and Phoenix were my most wanted characters since Smash 4 was revealed, so being in a current timeline where Phoenix is the talk of the town really gets me hopeful. I haven’t been able to stop listening to pursuit remixes since Namco was deconfirmed.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I hope if Nick gets in we get at lot of remixes and music tracks in general.
Imagine an arragement of Turnabout Sisters made by ACE (TOMOri Kudo/CHiCO), which I find odd they only have made that one Beneath the Mask remix.
Speaking of remixes which songs would like like to see remixed?
Objection 2001 / Pursuit - Cornered Medley by Noriyuki Iwadare

Investigation Medley by Hideki Sakamoto

Godot - The Fragance of Dark Coffee by ACE

Pursuit - Caught by Yusuke Takahama

Pursuit - Lying Coldly / Wanting to Find the Truth by Yoko Shimomura

The 3DS themes (And Guilty Love and Presto 2009) could be ported. I don't any of those need any arrangement or they are already perfect.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
About the Sakura Wars thing... not everything in the universe is related to Smash guys... It's same as start saying like a parrot that Tracer or Gordon are coming to Smash because a random port or game got announced.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Me oh my. I've heard the news that Vergeben recently put Namco Bandai and Level 5 on the chopping block when it comes to FP5.

So many 3rd parties out of the running.....and yet, Capcom still remains.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
About the Sakura Wars thing... not everything in the universe is related to Smash guys... It's same as start saying like a parrot that Tracer or Gordon are coming to Smash because a random port or game got announced.
SQUAWK! Don’t forget DLC-5!

Krankees

Smash Ace
Imagine an arragement of Turnabout Sisters made by ACE (TOMOri Kudo/CHiCO), and btw I find a bit odd they only have made that one Beneath the Mask remix.
Speaking of speaking of remixes, this channel called Kokiremix makes some good stuff. I enjoy his content.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not really familiar enough with Sakura Wars to comment. How popular, influential, liked by Sakurai, etc. is beyond my knowledge, although at least I think the 5th game was on Wii? It's not the most uncanny valley choice I've heard, but I'd be surprised she'd get in before Arle for yet another SEGA rep.
Imagine an arragement of Turnabout Sisters made by ACE (TOMOri Kudo/CHiCO), and btw I find a bit odd they only have made that one Beneath the Mask remix.
Above all else, Fragrance of Dark Coffee, Athena's objection theme in DD, the objection and cornered theme from AA1 and T&T, Gramarye troop theme, the pursuit theme from Investigations 2...Yeah, lots of really great tracks.

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
If Vergeben and/or Sabi deconfirm capcom for FP5 y'all might wanna reconsider believing everything they say, just sayin' :p

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay, so on Arle thread it's believed that Sakura Shinguji would actually be the one to be FP5, mainly due to the timing of the VGAs airing on the same day as Shin SW's release date. What say you?
Not only will we not get another Sega rep for this FP, not only is Sakura Wars a terrible fit for TGA for being abysmally obscure in the West, but I'm willing to bet right now that Sakura will never be in Smash.
how would y'all react if we got a second sonic rep as the last character
Would be shocked but pretty happy, I support any of the Sonic characters I think are possible for the second rep.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Me oh my. I've heard the news that Vergeben recently put Namco Bandai and Level 5 on the chopping block when it comes to FP5.

So many 3rd parties out of the running.....and yet, Capcom still remains.
...Which is crazy IMO, because Dante and a Resident Evil rep, both fellow Capcom characters, won't be next. Yet Phoenix is still alive.
I remember last week when some people thought Dante was next because DMC3 is being ported to the Switch. There's a chance that the Sakura Wars stuff is a coincidence. To me, Sakura seems like a post-pass character, but then again anything can happen.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The Objection, Pursuit, and Telling the Truth themes from all the games goes without saying, as well as the Steel Samurai theme, Turnabout Sisters, It's Detective Gumshoe, and The Fragrance of Dark Coffee.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
If Vergeben and/or Sabi deconfirm capcom for FP5 y'all might wanna reconsider believing everything they say, just sayin' :p
Neither verge or sabi have been foolproof for Smash leaks iirc, but at the very least verge has shown knowledge for the base roster choices, and sabi about general videogame events knowledge (I think they leaked most of the E3 conferences pre-Nintendo?), it's at the very least worth entertaining the thought if their disconfirmations are true or not to guess around until we know for sure whose next. I generally add an apparently/supposedly for whatever they say as it's not guaranteed they know anything, but I've admitted before I find disconfirmations easier to believe than flat out saying whose next.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
If a "deconfirmed" character gets announced as FP5. Vergeben and/or Sabi will be cross-examined and breakdown'd by the whole Smash community.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Eh, nah, it'll just either soften the blow or make it that much more shocking if he still makes it. Exactly the same position Joker was in before his reveal.

Besides it's not like it's Capcom or bust. There are tons of great companies and characters I'd love to see, even if I want Phoenix most.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
At the end of the day, Sabi and Vergeben can deconfirm anyone they choose, and we can decide whether or not we can take them at their word... but we'll only find out who Fighter 5 is for sure when they're finally revealed.

Eh, nah, it'll just either soften the blow or make it that much more shocking if he still makes it. Exactly the same position Joker was in before his reveal.

Besides it's not like it's Capcom or bust. There are tons of great companies and characters I'd love to see, even if I want Phoenix most.
Now wouldn't that be the ultimate turnabout. Phoenix Wright gets deconfirmed, only to "OBJECTION!" his way into the FIghter 5 spot anyway.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Vergeben randomly appears on GameFAQs (Advice for your mental health, don't go there) on some topic that speculates about some company and then he shuts it down.
People there are spamming about Capcom to get Vergeben to deconfirm it. But he hasn't told anything since he killed Namco and Level 5.
My theory is that he doesn't say anything about Capcom because his source CAN'T say anything about it.
That...or....Capcom could be in the cards, but knowing Verge, he doesn't want to just say it just yet until he's elminated any other possibilities. Bonus points if he narrows it down to the actual character.

How long has he usually taken to deconfirm the aforementioned topics since their start in recent times?

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how often Nintendo does these spirit events, but was the RE event the first third-party one? If so, then I have really high hopes for Capcom to at least be FP5.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
SQUAWK! Don’t forget DLC-5!

I don't know how often Nintendo does these spirit events, but was the RE event the first third-party one? If so, then I have really high hopes for Capcom to at least be FP5.
my memory might be failing me, but unless you wanna count the gift spirits for playing the DQXIS demo, I think they are.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Let's all be real though, Phoenix isn't DLC 5.

He's DLC-6.

I'll see myself out.

Honestly, though, "The DLC-6 Incident" sounds like a very Sakurai & Takumi gag.
I mean, Plant was the first DLC, so if Phoenix is CP5 he'd tecnically be DLC-6.

Krankees

Smash Ace

Yeah even if Phoenix didn't make it in, I'd still be hyped if it was Sora.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
That...or....Capcom could be in the cards, but knowing Verge, he doesn't want to just say it just yet until he's elminated any other possibilities. Bonus points if he narrows it down to the actual character.

How long has he usually taken to deconfirm the aforementioned topics since their start in recent times?
It's random. He could post on the first page, third, fifth page. Or post twice in the same topic to deconfirm someone's mom with his second post.
Last week was a massacre with him posting multiple times. For now we have to wait... Sabi deconfirmed Arthur and Dante while Nintendo spirit'd Resident Evil. Seems like a hint that Capcom might be out. But Vergeben has erased entire companies and yet, has said nothing about it.
Personally, if I was a leaker, Capcom would be the first 3rd party I would ask for. But I don't know how he operates so we just have to guess.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Personally, if I was a leaker, Capcom would be the first 3rd party I would ask for. But I don't know how he operates so we just have to guess.
Imagine if Verge did just that, didn't get an answer (or get a positive response) and everything else he's been able to get straight "NO"'s on. Quite interesting.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

We need THIS song in Smash.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's random. He could post on the first page, third, fifth page. Or post twice in the same topic to deconfirm someone's mom with his second post.
Last week was a massacre with him posting multiple times. For now we have to wait... Sabi deconfirmed Arthur and Dante while Nintendo spirit'd Resident Evil. Seems like a hint that Capcom might be out. But Vergeben has erased entire companies and yet, has said nothing about it.
I can't believe NicoOlvia003 was disconfirmed, the nerve of the guy
Also, I searched what sabi said, and I thought they just claimed a leak going on about them saying fighter 5 is Arthur was false? Not flat out disconfirming him?
Well, one thing is clear to me right now...
This song needs to be in Smash, with Phoenix
Probably the most mind blowing scene of the entire franchise, but I fear for the MEI2 tracks with the game being unlocalized and AA probably not getting 50 tracks like Terry did.

Top Bottom