• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Krankees

Smash Ace
I just remembered that there was a Mega Man event that released on Dragalia Lost a few days ago. I remembered it was announced around the same week as the Resident Evil spirits. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but it seemed interesting to bring up.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered that there was a Mega Man event that released on Dragalia Lost a few days ago. I remembered it was announced around the same week as the Resident Evil spirits. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but it seemed interesting to bring up.
That might be a bit of a strange coincidence. I want to believe there's a correlation but it's a bit reckless to assume such.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
That might be a bit of a strange coincidence. I want to believe there's a correlation but it's a bit reckless to assume such.
Yeah I know I'm grasping at straws but it did seem strange that Capcom and Nintendo did two collabs right next to each other.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah I know I'm grasping at straws but it did seem strange that Capcom and Nintendo did two collabs right next to each other.
It's just a coincidence. We already had enough problems with people buying into Hitagi's drivel of Granblue Fantasy's Katalina being in the pass (when it actually was a mix-up in regards to a leak for a GF spin-off).

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Here's another rip while we hype responsibly:

I really love how this is the second arrangement where Phoenix and Monokuma seem to be fighting on who get's to be the star in the song. Also the fact that they made an arrangement of the psyche lock theme is really cool.

Also, I've wanted to ask, is there anything that goes against Phoenix getting into Smash at the moment?

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Ah yes, that time when a Cygames character was seriously being considered under speculation that was something else. Pretty glad we've moved away from mobile franchises to be honest, I could understand Dragalia Lost as at least that's Nintendo, but otherwise I'd rather not see gaccha originating characters in Smash.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Here's another rip while we hype responsibly:

I really love how this is the second arrangement where Phoenix and Monokuma seem to be fighting on who get's to be the star in the song. Also the fact that they made an arrangement of the psyche lock theme is really cool.

Also, I've wanted to ask, is there anything that goes against Phoenix getting into Smash at the moment?
I mean, if we are to believe that the deconfirmations are 100% accurate, than Phoenix is the most likely CAPCOM rep. Other companies are still in the running such as Bethesda, EA, Konami, and even the ones already in the pass because we don’t know for sure they won’t double dip.

D

Deleted member

I mean, if we are to believe that the deconfirmations are 100% accurate, than Phoenix is the most likely CAPCOM rep. Other companies are still in the running such as Bethesda, EA, Konami, and even the ones already in the pass because we don’t know for sure they won’t double dip.
Yeah, I feel positive regarding Wright.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I agree about other 3rd parties still being present, however, with how...bumpy EA relationship is with Nintendo, I highly doubt they'd come to terms for whatever rep they could get off them (I imagine someone from Bioware would be the likeliest pick?), and I feel Konami more or less has a pretty perfect representation with MGS and Castlevania, I guess Contra would be next but I really don't see any serious demand for a rep nor do I feel the series is as historic/fondly remembered as Castlevania, nor is it anywhere near as succesful as MGS.
I do have to wonder who'd be likely for another SEGA rep though, someone from Phantasy Star? Yakuza? Streets of Rage now that that is coming back?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I agree about other 3rd parties still being present, however, with how...bumpy EA relationship is with Nintendo, I highly doubt they'd come to terms for whatever rep they could get off them (I imagine someone from Bioware would be the likeliest pick?), and I feel Konami more or less has a pretty perfect representation with MGS and Castlevania, I guess Contra would be next but I really don't see any serious demand for a rep nor do I feel the series is as historic/fondly remembered as Castlevania, nor is it anywhere near as succesful as MGS.
I do have to wonder who'd be likely for another SEGA rep though, someone from Phantasy Star? Yakuza? Streets of Rage now that that is coming back?
For a Sega rep it's a toss up between Arle Nadja and Kiryu for sure. Both excellent choices, though I like Puyo Puyo more than Yakuza so Arle is the one I want most.

Krankees

Smash Ace
We technically already got a SEGA rep if we count SEGA owning Atlus who owns Joker.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
We technically already got a SEGA rep if we count SEGA owning Atlus who owns Joker.
yes, but JustMyself is implying there's nothing stopping a company already repped through DLC getting another character. I personally doubt we'll get anymore SEGA, Square or SNK characters (this latter one in particular given how they handled representation for the entirety of the company and not just FF/KoF), FP or not, but it's still worth entertaining the thought on who else they could offer that's not too unlikely.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Sega's next rep would almost definitely be Arle Nadja. Puyo Puyo is their second biggest franchise on top of Arle being a popular request (mostly in Japan, but she's been picking up steam internationally as of recent).

Kiryu is a good choice, but I'm not sure if Ninty wants to invoke the name of a real life criminal organization in their funny Mario Pikachu game. Bayonetta's one thing, real world murder is another. It's a similar iffy realm to Wolfenstein in Smash.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Sega's next rep would almost definitely be Arle Nadja. Puyo Puyo is their second biggest franchise on top of Arle being a popular request (mostly in Japan, but she's been picking up steam internationally as of recent).

Kiryu is a good choice, but I'm not sure if Ninty wants to invoke the name of a real life criminal organization in their funny Mario Pikachu game. Bayonetta's one thing, real world murder is another. It's a similar iffy realm to Wolfenstein in Smash.

edit: mods pls delet

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

don't get me wrong, I agree Yakuza is pretty unlikely for a number of reasons, but wouldn't MGS have had similar problems given how it often depicts the real world in a highly tense scenario where world war is a very likely outcome? I also can't say I know if Kiryu ever actually murders anyone but I'm only familiar with Yakuza Zero through Kiwami 2 to comment on that matter.
Back to something more Phoenix related, I've just read sabi apparently disconfirmed Arthur for fighter 5 before? Anyone knows when that happened?

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace

I think Kiryu would be fine as he's more about beating people up rather than killing them. Although I only played Kiwami and plan to play 0 in the future.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
don't get me wrong, I agree Yakuza is pretty unlikely for a number of reasons, but wouldn't MGS have had similar problems given how it often depicts the real world in a highly tense scenario where world war is a very likely outcome? I also can't say I know if Kiryu ever actually murders anyone but I'm only familiar with Yakuza Zero through Kiwami 2 to comment on that matter.
The problem isn't necessarily the presence of real world conflict so much as it being titular. Metal Gear is a fairly benign title that can be divorced from the war scenario depicted in the game if need be. Yakuza kinda can't, it's pretty cut and dry, even as outlandish as the events of the actual game can get.

Also Kiryu is a wonderful man who does not murder anyone anymore. (and for the record, I'd love to be wrong and see Kiryu in Smash)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The problem isn't necessarily the presence of real world conflict so much as it being titular. Metal Gear is a fairly benign title that can be divorced from the war scenario depicted in the game if need be. Yakuza kinda can't, it's pretty cut and dry, even as outlandish as the events of the actual game can get.

Also Kiryu is a wonderful man who does not murder anyone anymore. (and for the record, I'd love to be wrong and see Kiryu in Smash)
If the title is the problem, I don't think Sakurai would even notice; Yakuza is called Ryu Ga Gotoku (Like a Dragon) in Japan.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sabi retweeted PushDustins comments about Kamiyas tweet....

Should we worry about that Phoenix bros?

Looma

Smash Journeyman
If the title is the problem, I don't think Sakurai would even notice; Yakuza is called Ryu Ga Gotoku (Like a Dragon) in Japan.
Oh! I didn't take the JP title into account. I guess it hinges on if they would take localization into account, then.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

didn't pushdustin reply to that very same tweet that it wasn't a disconfirmation, and that Kamiya is known for teasing fans? Unless sabi or verge followed that up by saying "no Phoenix/Capcom for fighter 5", I wouldn't take it as much of anything.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It could have just been a "Hey stop telling me about this tweet. I know about it. Push already describes what it actually means"

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Woops I just realized I never went here :(
I hope Phoenix Wright gets in Smash Ultimate (with Professor Layton preferably lol) and fully support him :D
Let's hope FP5 is where it's at :)

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

Nothing to worry about. As long as he/she doesn't deconfirm him directly like he did with Dante and Tales of. Plus, Sabi is going to stop leaking until the VGA anyway.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
taken from a gamefaqs post, but for the sake of convenience for those who care what these 2 leakers have supposedly disconfirmed so far
-Sora (Hashimoto) (TBD whether or not Sora's disconfirmation as playable DLC is permanent)

-Crash (Sabi)

-Tracer (Sabi)

-Ryu H (Sabi and Vergeben)

-Scorpion (Vergeben)

-Geno (Sabi and Vergeben)

-Doomslayer (Sabi and Vergeben)

-Arthur (Sabi)

-Gordon Freeman (Vergeben)

-Dante (Sabi)

-All franchises from Nippon Ichi Software including: Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, Disagea, Phantom Brave, GrimGrimoir, and Hotaru no Nikki (Vergeben)

-All franchises from Nihon Falcom including: Dragon Slayer, The Legend of Heroes, Ys, and Brandish (Vergeben)

-All franchises from Ubisoft including: Anno, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Imagine, Just Dance, Prince of Persia, Rayman, Raving Rabbids, Tom Clancy, Watch Dogs (Vergeben)

-All franchises from Bandai Namco including: Tales, Tekken, SoulCalibur, Klonoa, Xenosaga, Digimon, Classic Arcade, and Dark Souls (Vergeben)

-All franchises from Level 5 including: Dark Cloud, Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Ni no Kuni, and Yo-Kai Watch (Vergeben)
Besides Nintendo themselves turning the likeliest RE characters into spirits.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Eh, I might be missing something, but I don't know in what reality DR would get a character in Smash before Ace Attorney or Professor Layton even get some shape or form of representation.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah l love Danganronpa obviously and low key support Monokuma, but I don't see him likely at all especially when Phoenix and other Capcom reps and plenty of characters like Sora, Dragonborn, any Nintendo character, and others are still in the conversation.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We still have a few indie/doujin companies/creators, Marvelous (probably), Natsume and, bizarrely enough, Interplay. Otherwise, I think we may actually get a Nintendo character instead.

Yeah, seriously, I mean we're not talking about Canada, in which they censored Beast Wars and War Planets' titles for that exact reason. The 90s sure were weird...

Last edited:
Top Bottom