• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Oddly enough, this has only been happening to me with this thread. The most active thread I follow, even. Don't know what that's about.
I also had this problem for some reason, alongside other threads like the Heavy and Rayman ones.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Well about the new leaks, I don't know if that means those 2 are 100% getting is as playable characters but at least they aren't Capcom so our boy still lives!
Anyway, I hope we get official info this week, maybe a Smash direct?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
If the leak is real. It really surprises me that Capcom got nothing in the pass. When they are probably the 3rd party with the biggest and most recognizable set of characters. Well. at least that gives us hope for the future characters after the pass.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Maybe they wanted to leave Capcom for later given they got Ken or something, I guess we'll see, but no rep during fighters pass does hurt my hopes for them getting 2 more characters through DLC (namely Phoenix and Dante, as I have no hopes for Ammy despite liking her a lot as a potential fighter).

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
While convincing, more so than plenty other leaks out there, I still think it should be taken with a grain of salt, like with all leaks. From what I've heard, Mii Costume mods aren't at all that common/easy to make on the modding scene, but I think it's entirely possible someone could've put in the hard work to make hats (both costumes are hats instead of full costumes) just to make a convincing fake and shake up the speculation scene.

And if these costumes are real, Mii Costumes don't 100% confirm characters, as of late especially. Here are the current waves of Mii Costumes that released along with new characters, current as of Challenger Pack 3. Waves 1 and 2 did have costumes that corresponded to their character, with Wave 1 tossing in a couple Sonic costumes from 4, but Wave 3 consists only of new or returning costumes that have nothing to do with Banjo. And given the cameos on Spiral Mountain and the pool of spirits, I don't think Nintendo had trouble with getting Microsoft to let them make Banjo series costumes if they wanted. Goemon doesn't confirm a Goemon series rep, nor does Sans confirm an Undertale series rep. The Mallow Hat and Cacodemon Hat could just be similar gestures from Square and Bethesda as the Sans costume was from Toby; a form of acknowledgement of the fans' demands for a certain character to be playable, even if it doesn't fully pan out this game.

And even if I've missed the mark entirely and these are real and/or Geno and/or Doomguy gets in *deep inhale*... I'd still say Wright has a chance, and I don't think Geno/Doomguy getting in discredits him further. He just might be further along on the schedule, we can't really say for sure yet until we get a final, definitive say that so-and-so is the last DLC character for Ultimate, and Wright is still one of the strongest third party contenders for a slot in my opinion. I'm also not hoping this isn't real or anything out of spite or hoping the character I want gets in over someone else's, just giving my two cents on the leak since discussion about it's come up here.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Can you imagine if, after all this drama, Nov 6 leak pans out and we get Phoenix?

Would be quite the turnabout.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well, the date IS real...

This does not mean the 4chan post(s) are right, especially when Phoenix' name has not been mentioned anywhere reliable.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have to will myself to stay calm. The date is right. The date....is right. Wright.

Terry alone is fun enough. I'm happy just getting Terry. But oh my god this is the first time I've held out hope and had it rewarded.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm mostly going in seeing what they'll do to my girl Nakoruru after that scene on Terry's reveal, still expecting we won't see fighter 5 announced during this date but hey, would love to be proven wrong and seeing Phoenix.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'm mostly going in seeing what they'll do to my girl Nakoruru after that scene on Terry's reveal, still expecting we won't see fighter 5 announced during this date but hey, would love to be proven wrong and seeing Phoenix.
IDK man, 45 mins and a livestream has me hopeful that number 5 is coming. Not sure what else they might be going over for 45 mins. Think the other 3 reveals were 20-30 mins

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
ah, I skimmed over the presentations duration, 45 is definitely too long for just Terrys information. At the same time, unless they're already showcasing the pass last fighter...what could make the thing that long? Details on how the post pass DLC will be handled?

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The one with Sephiroth is definitely wrong due to the date. It said the Terry presentation would be nov 5th. It's not.

The one surviving text leak is the one that was vague but with November 6th.

Just a small PSA but don't expect Phoenix due to 4chan leaks.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
My birthday! 45 minutes?? At first I was just like wow, but I JUST realized that...didn't the "leak" say Phoenix would be revealed IN the presentation? At first I was like "Okay, that'd be really weird and this is just someone guessing" but 45 minutes?? ...................it would STILL be SO weird to reveal anyone during an explanation about another character, but, I guess...they're announcing this in advance instead of just dropping it like Joker's, and it could just be like a Smash direct basically...mayyybe. Um. The extra time could just be for like... covering patch notes actually or something? Either way I don't believe those "leaks" there's so nothing to them, but, Phoenix just has a great case anyway and all so it's still possible. But a character reveal DURING gameplay showcase of another? Feels so weird! But what else would 45 minutes be for.............buhhh....................

Edit: Oh yknow, it's still way too weird to slide in a character here instead of reveal em at some big dedicated show, but I guess they could do it for Geno. Only Smash fans know him so saving him for the game awards doesn't feel right anyway? Geno could be a bonus with two tracks and no stage and yeah that'd make sense I guess! He could also use the time to reveal a couple new echoes like Dixie Kong? I love Nick of course, but it doesn't feel right to suddenly shove DLC 5 in Terry's presentation! .......45 minutes thooooooooooo

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Oh yknow, it's still way too weird to slide in a character here instead of reveal em at some big dedicated show, but I guess they could do it for Geno. Only Smash fans know him so saving him for the game awards doesn't feel right anyway? Geno could be a bonus with two tracks and no stage and yeah that'd make sense I guess! He could also use the time to reveal a couple new echoes like Dixie Kong? I love Nick of course, but it doesn't feel right to suddenly shove DLC 5 in Terry's presentation! .......45 minutes thooooooooooo
This...makes plenty of sense, both how dedicating Geno for a smaller event compared to E3 and the game awards given his more obscure status to the general public (even compared to Banjos completely dead career from the last decade) and how echoes wouldn't take much time should they make more of those. It'd also go along with, ya know, that one leak that's been floating around today regarding a mii costume.
Edit: now that I think about it, didn't they datamine what looked like an image for squad strike online? I can't imagine that taking much longer, but maybe they're making some considerable tweaks to the online options to justify such a long length.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Well, the date IS real...

This does not mean the 4chan post(s) are right, especially when Phoenix' name has not been mentioned anywhere reliable.
To be honest, almost no one has been mentioned anywhere "reliable," given how unreliable even the most reliable Smash leaks can be. But yeah, I'm not going to go into this thing expecting anyone, but I will go into this thing praying as hard as I physically can for my boy to come home.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
1572918502062.png

I just dunno, announcing another character *here*, in DLC4's gameplay overview, would be SOOOO weird...but 45 minutes?? I'm still so stuck on this... maybe an online overhaul? That'd be cool? Umm... fouuurty fiiive miiinutes?

Edit: They had to have mistyped it right? 45?? Had to have meant to put 25, this is...foooouuuurty fiiiiiive??

Last edited:

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Jeez, right as I was about to go to bed, a presentation's streaming tomorrow! And I think I'll even be able to catch it an hour or so after my class for that day too, thankfully. 45 minutes, they have to announce another character, I don't know what else could fill that much time. Of course if it's just Terry, I'll be fine, but... what else could fill that time slot? A new mode? Sakurai said Home Run Contest would be the last new mode, but this is also Masahiro "don't expect too many new characters for Ultimate" Sakurai, sooo...

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
If the miracle happen and Phoenix Wright is announced at the end of Terry Bogard's Direct, I'm going to flip out, cosplay, and play as Phoenix Wright at the next major tournament I attend. I would lose my freaking mind if that 4chan leak regarding Terry and Phoenix ends up being real. For now, all I can do is believe in my "client".

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
If the miracle happen and Phoenix Wright is announced at the end of Terry Bogard's Direct, I'm going to flip out, cosplay, and play as Phoenix Wright at the next major tournament I attend. I would lose my freaking mind if that 4chan leak regarding Terry and Phoenix ends up being real. For now, all I can do is believe in my "client".
I'm a bit out of the loop, can somebody link to the Terry and Wright 4chan leak in question? I wanna give it a look and gauge how likely it could be, before the prophesied Wright reveal. Still taking it all with a grain of salt, just curious.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit out of the loop, can somebody link to the Terry and Wright 4chan leak in question? I wanna give it a look and gauge how likely it could be, before the prophesied Wright reveal. Still taking it all with a grain of salt, just curious.
The 4chan post got deleted looks like.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Screenshot_20191101-121946.png

Nothing major and it doesn't say anything about Phoenix being revealed at the direct specifically but it's fun.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The Japanese video states information on unreleased fighters will not be in the livestream.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Nothing major and it doesn't say anything about Phoenix being revealed at the direct specifically but it's fun.
Ah, I see, it was literally just "Terry Nov 6, Wright's no. 5". Not sure what to make of that, but taking it with a grain of salt and... trying really hard to go in not expecting Wright, lol.
The Japanese video states information on unreleased fighters will not be in the livestream.
If that's the case, I'm still not sure how they're going to fill that timeslot, with the presentation being almost twice as long as Hero and Banjo's livestreams. Curious to see how, new fighters or not.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
Huh, alright. makes me even more curious as to what the hell they'll be showing off, then. since sakurai just told us no more new modes during the banjo presentation, and we're not getting fighter reveals... i guess maybe an expansion on other modes? like more WoL, the ability to play any characters classic mode route with whoever you want, an online overhaul like previously suggested... this is going to consume my brain until the presentation is over.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I think that was a mistranslation. Here's what I got from the Japanese video via Google Translate:

"Director Sakurai will deliver the charm of Terry for about 45 minutes while actually operating the game before the delivery of the 4th paid additional content "Terry Bogard" of "Super Smash Bros. SPECIAL" . "

Nothing in there says anything about no additional fighter information.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I think that was a mistranslation. Here's what I got from the Japanese video via Google Translate:

"Director Sakurai will deliver the charm of Terry for about 45 minutes while actually operating the game before the delivery of the 4th paid additional content "Terry Bogard" of "Super Smash Bros. SPECIAL" . "

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1191544264477396992
Unless they’re really gonna do this just to make the OBJECTION! more substantial, they have little reason to lie.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Bottom text.

It doesn't matter as they re-confirmed it https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1191544264477396992

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well really hope that 45 mins is filled with an online overhaul then, letting us change characters even if are buds are still on the results screen like in Smash 4, not kicking people out of lines for checking rules, adding an unranked elite smash mode, etc, I guess that's my hope now! And the Game Awards are on December 12th, not too far away! Might get an announcement there! I wonder if that's a good spot to show Phoenix, I honesty kind of worry the crowd wouldn't be so blown away like they were last year...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Since I don't expect new single player modes anytime soon (if at all), maybe they're adding some of the missing stages? Wishful thinking I know.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
We’re in agreement that his trailer would need to be called The Ultimate Turnabout, right?

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
Since I don't expect new single player modes anytime soon (if at all), maybe they're adding some of the missing stages? Wishful thinking I know.
Well, i know what i'm hoping for in that presentation now!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
We’re in agreement that his trailer would need to be called The Ultimate Turnabout, right?
Mhm, or "Turnabout Smash"!

I guess I can imagine a short TGS styled Ace Attorney hangout with the characters voiced for the VGAs being like "So we're here to talk about a new game, that's what happens at these presentations, right?" "Wright, look around, this isn't TGS" "...??? Huh?? Why are we HERE?" and then yaaaalll knowww "There is one more piece of evidence I should present to you Mr. Wright..." with the Edgeworth smirk and a snazzy lookin envelope, ugh, I keep writing, loving, and hoping for this possibility ha!

Top Bottom