• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So what would happen if Phoenix got in and he was top tier? What would people be whining about if he was dominating the competitive scene?
"Nick is stupid overpowered. Stepladder is such a BS up special and Maya is such a ridiculous disjoint. When he has evidence, he's literally the most broken character in Smash history, making even Brawl Meta Knight blush."
I would laugh evilly.
Phoenix Wright of all characters being the super broken one would be so funny that I wouldn't be mad. Truly no one escapes the law.
Think of the glorious montages we would get. I mean, in UMvC3, Phoenix was good in the right hands, but he wasn't nearly top tier material. And there's still a lot of good videos on him. If he was broken... oh God, I think I'd literally laugh so hard I'd die.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Except Yoshi, that's why if I see Yoshi showing up in a direct I will immediately assume its Phoenix Wright coming to Smash.
It would be hilarious if when Phoenix's final smash is shown for the first time he's using it on Yoshi.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
What do you think his colors would be?
Here's what I would pick.

1. Classic
2. Red outfit, referencing either Edgeworth or Apollo, but not both because I only want one red alt.
3. Yellow outfit, referencing Athena
4. Purple outfit, referencing Maya
5. Black outfit, referencing Blacksquil
6. Green outfit, Smash original or referencing young Winston Payne
7. White outfit, Smash original, don't think all colors should reference something, which is why I included the green and white ones.
8. Hobo Nick, I think it fits better then "Feenie" because Phoenix usesd to be such a softy in that case, so I don't think it would fit a lot

If Maya were to get involved into Phoenix's moveset, I think she should also get different colors:

1. Classic
2. Either dark green or light blue, referencing Gumshoe and Trucy respectively
3. Either blue or black, referencing Widget and Blacksquil respectively
4. Blue outfit, referencing Phoenix, basically a color swap between the two characters
5. Either brown or yellow, referencing Blacksquil's crow or Athena
6. Pink outfit? I dunno really
7. Black outfit, referencing Mia
8. Trés Bien dress

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
1:Original colors
2:Apollo and Athena
3:Edgeworth and Kay
4:Ryu and Susato
5:Gumshoe and Ema
6:Godot and Mia
7:Their modern designs (Personally I'm not fond of them but this seems like Something that would happen in smash)
8:Hobo Nick and Young Trucy

Something like that.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
1: Original trilogy normal colors
2: DD/SoJ normal colors
3: Original trilogy edgeworth colors
4: DD/SoJ athena colors
5: Original trilogy godot colors
6: DD/SoJ nahyuta colors
7: Original trilogy generic black
8: DD/SoJ purple, maybe with a green tie and stuff to make it look khura'ineese

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What do you think his colors would be?
I drew these to show my hopes! I draw him weird, but it should get the ideas across okay!
aa fenix colors.png

There's many more options, like a Furio, Sissel from Ghost Trick, Diego, etc
But for alt costumes, I figure:
-the Feenie sweater already got spotlight as an alt in UMvC3 and Dual Destinies, I love it but wanna give other stuff a chance
-The Beanie look is great and I really want it to have spotlight, but it's spoiley for such a great moment in the series and Phoenix in Smash can introduce so many new players to Ace Attorney, I don't want em to have that moment ruined for em, but maybe it can be done and new players will figure it's a costume based off a different character maybe? Then we can get the cool outfit AND not have the moment ruined for people, maybe...?
-His Modern Look, which sure, can totally get in, I just personally don't prefer it

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
On the topic of alts, my ideas are similar to most of yours. I'd like to add one thing, though: if Maya appears on some of Phoenix's moves, I'd like her to change colors as well, like in Marvel. I was kinda let down when I saw that Arsene always had the same colors for all Joker alts.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I drew these to show my hopes! I draw him weird, but it should get the ideas across okay!

There's many more options, like a Furio, Sissel from Ghost Trick, Diego, etc
But for alt costumes, I figure:
-the Feenie sweater already got spotlight as an alt in UMvC3 and Dual Destinies, I love it but wanna give other stuff a chance
-The Beanie look is great and I really want it to have spotlight, but it's spoiley for such a great moment in the series and Phoenix in Smash can introduce so many new players to Ace Attorney, I don't want em to have that moment ruined for em, but maybe it can be done and new players will figure it's a costume based off a different character maybe? Then we can get the cool outfit AND not have the moment ruined for people, maybe...?
-His Modern Look, which sure, can totally get in, I just personally don't prefer it
These are great alts, but I still want a Ryuunosuke alt, just give him the Shujin Joker treatment.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just kinda expect his movese t to be based on the one from MVC3. It's just so perfect for Phoenix and it feels Capcom used Sakurai's mindset of designing a character just for Phoenix in MVC3.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I just kinda expect his movese t to be based on the one from MVC3. It's just so perfect for Phoenix and it feels Capcom used Sakurai's mindset of designing a character just for Phoenix in MVC3.
I wouldn't want that, because I prefer seeing Sakurai's own interpretation of a character. It would be boring imo if he just transplanted the MvC3 moveset into Smash when that's the least creative thing they can do. Should Sakurai get the chance to work on Phoenix, I doubt he'd squander the opportunity to bring a second interpretation of Phoenix in a fighting game.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I made a whole moveset video and like what I came up with, but I'm fine with anything as long as it's fun and represents him well, I just hope Maya is involved in his moveset? And not just final smash cause I don't use that often haha, but hey, I won't be picky, I'll take whatever, but yup, I really hope there's a move that allows Maya to get the finishing blow and win for them both!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't want that, because I prefer seeing Sakurai's own interpretation of a character. It would be boring imo if he just transplanted the MvC3 moveset into Smash when that's the least creative thing they can do. Should Sakurai get the chance to work on Phoenix, I doubt he'd squander the opportunity to bring a second interpretation of Phoenix in a fighting game.
Yes. From what I've seen, Sakurai generally makes it a point to have his versions of characters stand out mechanically (pre-evolution moveset clones aside), whether it be in Smash itself or compared to other fighting games, or appearances in other games. The best example of this is with the fellow Capcom character Mega Man, whose moveset couldn't be more different from the MvC1/2 version. Even Ryu had some of his moves cherrypicked so that he wouldn't quite be 1:1 to any particular SF game.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he even went as far as having the adult version of Maya, to help Phoenix stand out all the more from his MvC3 incarnation.

Last edited:

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
THIS IS SOMETHING I CANNOR WANT MORE. He's my No. 1 most wanted newcomer. But with only 2 slots left...
It's like I keep saying. The only time we can cry is when it's all over.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But it's the same design though. The only that really changed was lipstick
Not quite. It's subtle, but her chest is a little bigger (more obvious in the concept art), although the 3D in-game art and official art makes it difficult to tell.

Besides, smash tends to increase bust size for the ladies anyway, so it'd be a moot point.

only 2 slots left
In the pass, not the whole DLC cycle. You only can cry when Sakurai says it's over.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Why do you guys want lawyer man to be in Smash?

for me, he just....feels fit, along with an RE character, i dunno

Northadox

Smash Apprentice

He be funny lawyer man who point and yell he should be in over gun shooty knifey man

I'll just say he I want him in because he would have a unique moveset, bring amazing music along with him, and because I like AA a lot

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ooh, while a clip of Objection 2001 or Won the Case 2001 would be really great as his victory theme, my favorite would absolutely be the first part, the first 12 notes, of Turnabout Sisters definitely <3

Ace Attorney's my fav series, Phoenix and Maya are two of my fav characters, fun unique movesets, fun unique personalities that fit into the Smash family, more exposure to my fav series that'll hopefully lead to more success and games and spin-offs and crossovers, the music, I love Smash and Ace Attorney so puttin em together'd be cool, geez...

Smash was one of my first games, I only knew Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario before it! To play on melee stages I unlocked as a kid with some of my fav characters from my fav series now...ha, it'd be really weird!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I always imagined Phoenix's victory music to be one of the intermission themes.

Preferably the first one since to this day I feel like that's the best one.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I always imagined Phoenix's victory music to be one of the intermission themes.

Preferably the first one since to this day I feel like that's the best one.
I like the idea of an intermission theme being the victory tune, but I prefer Gyakuten Kenji 2 intermission theme these days.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Personal love of the series. Been a fan for over a decade now. Plus he would bring excellent music and a real sense of humor to Smash, two things I love for a character. He also, along with Professor Layton, represents the DS era perfectly to the point that they're almost Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune

Honestly, I just want the Shulk/Joker effect for Ace Attorney, if Wright gets in, a lot of people might want to play the games.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
simple, i love the ace attorney games
This is pretty much the answer to that question for any character.

I want to see Ace Attorney content in Smash. That's the gist! Simple, but the truth.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Partly so he can finally get to meet up with the original Mega Man, and partly so that he comes with Maya. And make the whole Lifelight song jokes go full-circle.

Also, I really want a good excuse to use him as a reaction pic when people are skeptical about anything that doesn't fit their pre-conceived notions and beliefs. :p

Top Bottom