• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take It! Next Monthly August 10 Appleton, WI *Updates, see first post*

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Appleton, WI 54914
920-735-1201

Yah Take It Results on like pg... 14 or something.

So here's the plan for the monthlies
Take It! Friday July 6th Chimeras 10-9.
Take It 2 Friday August 10 Chimeras 10-9
CC6 Sometime in October- December

We're going to need set ups, so if you can bring one bring one! If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them.

Ok basically the final update before the tourney, right here.

Admissions (In order of appearence)

Teams: $10 per team
Singles: $10 per entree

Payouts

Teams 60/30/10
Singles 40/30/20/10

10 percent is basically getting their money back.

**** HUGE UPDATES****

At Beezo, we did RR for teams, it took us about 3 hours, for about 14 teams. They had about 7 set ups. RR will give everyone plenty of matches, and it will also make sure there is no funny business in brackets.

We'll then have a lunch break, and then start singles.

Also, placings will be determined by SETS WON, not games in RR. Ties will then be broken by games won, then if that persists, then losses, and if then, who won between those teams. If it's a 3 way tie, a RR match between the 3 teams will happen.

Marth101

Smash Journeyman
Well, the reason that brinstar isnt on the random list in the first place is because it obviously favors characters like peach, or other floaty characters that get sent higher than the other characters and get hit less by the lava. For that reason, and that I know for a fact that you're biased towards that stage as it's one of your favorite stages to counterpick, I'm going to disagree with taking battlefield off and putting brinstar on.

And just for good measure, Wtf.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so we're not gonna have bi-weeklies, and the one this Tuesday will be a one-time-only deal? >.<

Personally I'd much rather have those than tournaments every month. I need practice against good smash players, not pressure having to beat them...

But hey, if you're gonna have a low-tier for real this time, I might just show up ;)

Seriously, though, why not just have these tournaments be part of the "bi-weeklies?" You said yourself we don't really need so many tournaments every time, so let's still get together for a load of friendlies. Even if it's just at someone's house, as long as I know in advance it's all good.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
First off, I thought about the brinstar and Kongo Jungle move, and Im taking them off random and putting battlefield back on.

Second, spikes will prob have fests on semi-regular basis, in light of these tournies. And for getting better. we have 11 hours to these tournies. I know at CC5, there were plenty of friendlies going on. You have alot of time to do friendlies at these tournaments as well.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
LOL @ brinstar random. I would be totally down for that as it's one of my favorite stages, but in all honesty that's just stupid. Random stages should be the standard six for singles, and minus FoD for teams.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
CC6 in September? HJ5 is uhh LATE SEPTEMBER sorry no way!

EDIT: What about the bi-trendies weeklies??!

<3 Airy
HJ5 is late september, notice the trend for the monthlies is early september, if anything CC6 will be a nice build up for HJ5, giving you guys soom good advertisement.

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
First, "soom" is not a word, second, about the payout. Wtf?, If people cant make 1st, then freaking practice, ill prolly go, and maybe not, most tourneys around here suck, =/ (except for HJ's of course)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Well Don Vito, you may have forgotten but If I'm not mistaken HJ4 payed out until 6th place in singles. I've always been a huge fan of tournies that pay out more than the top few spots (especially when there are larger numbers involved. If I were in charge of everything there would be a table that listed number of participants with places paid out in which the two would positively correlate (that means when one goes up, so does the other). Overall for our puroses I think that either 3 or 4 places paid is usually the perfect number, I don't know which would be better for these. Probably 4 though.

Also CC5 didn't suck.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
We'll keep it 40/30/20/10. But for CC6 we might use Sparrows idea, I'm not sure. Just a head's up, the August date is going to change, I just realized that I'm going to be in Midland Michigan on August 3rd, so we'll push it to the next friday after that. Ill have to talk to chimeras about that.

Thanks JS for the back up.

Banned via Administration
The first major difference, is payout. I know Tapion would complain about this, but the payout will now be 40/30/20/10. I also know Tapion won't be able to make these, because he will be working, so his opinion matters little right now. Now do not worry, CC6 will be the regular 60/30/10. The reason I am doing this, is because I believe the extra money placing, and more for third, will give people an opportunity to win some cash, who might not be able to take 1st, increasing the amount of people.
HUGE JOHNS.

Teams is so much better than low tier.

I am not going no matter what though.

Low tier is lame.
@

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
his sheik 3 stocked me and I beat your sheik lol beat that XP
Sigh, if we're going to go by these standards, I beat Crashman, so therefor eI must be better than 5150.

No obviously 5150 is better, I was jking. And good job beating me in pools quaz, if you want to keep bringing it up, that's fine too.

So set ups, I can bring a full one, spikes could bring a few, KSSB? Quaz?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Nah, Take it is in reference to what Fox says when he upsmashes, kinda like Show Me Your Moves.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I don't think anyone hear can say they've beaten Hayate's Fox with Donkey Kong...

other than me, that is. :psycho::p:lick::cool::chuckle::p

Mr. Sun

Smash Rookie
Is there any place in Wisconsin for smashers to have meetings to discuss things, learn techniques, practice, etc.? Somewhere near LaCrosse, preferably? (LaCrosse is right on the Minnesota Border in the southern part of Wisconsin)

Top Bottom