• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take It And Get Out - a Dr. Mario combo video by eighteenspikes (DIRECT LINK+YOUTUBE)

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Hoshi Puri Critics The Video

General Comments
Wow. The Music was so SYNCed with the video. Nice combos. You surely know how to edit a Video. I loved how you started the video and how you ended it too.

Comboing Critics
The Uair ~> Fairs were beautiful. Down throws to Uairs were cool too.

Finishing Comments
Overall I loved the editing (I said this a before didn't I?). There were tons of varieties of battles, stages, characters, and comboing. I wished I could say more.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Doc combos bore me to death, but this was pretty good i guess.

Music didn't fit well with Doc, but you synced it kinda good anyway.

Good job.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sweet.
love the combos. i found it most enjoyable cuz thats my sorta music as well..and you made a great buildup intro (but not overdoing, either)
i've watched it 2x in a row so far..and prolly watch it a few more times before i go to bed =)

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Somehow DBR got into this mix too. IMO this video ***** Bob$ videos. It's the best doc video ever. Very well done!

Vall3y

Smash Lord
nice video
too bad you are owning the match in most clips and allow yourself to screw around. id rather see more hardcore serious combos.
good video anyway

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Good job on this combo video spikes. I liked the uair combos and the slowmo at the end was cool. Good stuff man.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Great job with the video; I enjoyed the pill turnaround edgeguards a lot. That one scene where you waveland off with a BAir was nice.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Okay, the video was amazing... one of my favorite combo vids out there (seriously they require nearly as much talent in video editing as in smash)

I think though that possibly my favorite part of this is an official date for HJ5

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Disgusting.

I dont mean the bad kinda disgusting that starts epic flamewars on forums.

I mean the good kinda disgusting that sits and marinates and finds its way into video folders.

___

--thumbs up--

Goooooooooood stuff.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
That slow mo at the end was nice.

Overall nice combo vid

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Really nice, eighteenspikes!! I knew your doc was good, but man did I learn stuff watching this. Loved the editing job as well.

Makes me want to make a combo vid of my own. Unfortunately that means I need to get more stuff recorded, and play better in general so I don't have to resort to really gay, uninteresting combos, as I do in most matches.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Great video eighteenspikes. Good job with the editing and the intro and ending. I like how you put everything together. One kill that I loved was at 1:48, even if you did die first it still woulda been worth. Once again, great video for Doc players in a while.:psycho:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
the unneccessary F.air was on zelda was great...

i rly like how in your intro also, u had dr.mario *toss pill, toss pill, clap hands, clap hands* to the 4 solid bass beats...most people, i'm sure didn't notice that.

Sudai

Stuff here
Cyphus, anyone that's any good at life would have noticed that~ : )

Loved the music and the Doc was good. Despite Doc being one of my favorite characters, I just don't like the way his combos look for some reason, (yet they feel aweasome to pull off, no doubt~) so I guess that's a "not flashy enough for a combo vid! rawr!" from me, but still good none the less. : )

Sensai

Smash Master
Amazing!

Best Doc combo video I've ever seen, and one of the best combo videos, edit wise, ever! Simply incredible.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Me and Silent Wolf are making a doc combo video that will be released today. We recorded the footage over the course of one 2 hour tape. Expect it around 5PM pacific time

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Me and Silent Wolf are making a doc combo video that will be released today. We recorded the footage over the course of one 2 hour tape. Expect it around 5PM pacific time
WOW COOL. where is this godly vid?! I bet it's way better than this scrub's vid... probably not boring either... i guess.

It'll be done soon.
We couldn't bring the laptop the footage was on.
A few days. It'll be good, regardless ofme not playing Doc. >.>

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Thanks for the great responses, everyone! :)
I did put a lot of effort into the intro and I'm glad it shows. As for the video itself, I took a bit of extra effort to sync wherever I saw an opportunity, but otherwise I was mostly trying to arrange a variety of clips in an entertaining way. I know they aren't all "hardcore" combos, but I think having the entire video be grab combos on fastfallers, regardless of how awesome most of them are, wouldn't be as overall entertaining :)

to Eggz & Silent Wolf - I am thrilled to see that an up-and-coming player would use my thread as a springboard for their first combo video :) Best of luck in your Smash endeavors!

Keep watching, everyone! :grin:

Top Bottom