• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taiyooou! Solar Boy Django! For Smash 5!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Django

Who is Django/ What's a Boktai?

Django is a Vampire Hunter and the silent main protagonist of the Boktai series. He is also Part Vampire thanks to his dad biting him in the 2nd game. His games are exclusive to the Game Boy Advanced and DS. Boktai was Designed by Hideo Kojima. It also had a special kind of cartridge, it had a light sensor so it encouraged players to use the sun and played with the concept through game mechanics and level design.
the game revolved around going around purifying vampires using stealth, combat and puzzle solving.

What does he bring to Smash?

Mechanics

Play-style
In Boktai it was a mix of stealth, strategy, and combat. the game encouraged you to hit enemies from behind. Rewarding you with more damage and longer abnormal effectiveness. In Smash Bros Shulks back-slash was more effective when hitting opponents in the back and can easily be used for many of Django's attacks as well.

Special Gimmick
Django had 1 special gimmick and that was sunlight. alot of his weapons used sunlight to power them up. Much like the Wii Fit Trainer she used Deep Breathing to power up her Salute the Sun. As with Cloud he had limit Break to power up his moves as well. With Django this can work wonders for his move set.

Weapons
With in his games he has a whole arsenal to choose from.

Gun Del Sol

Django's signature weapon is the Solar Gun It Literally uses the sun for ammo and was fully customizable. adding elements and how the gun was used really added a lot of utility to the weapon.

Sword,Spears,Hammers, ETC

Django also has a variety of melee weapons it even goes as far as just using his fists. Within the 2nd game he also had an item that granted all his melee weapons elemental abilities.

Trance

Dark Django

In Boktai 2 Django gets vampire powers. he had life steal, Super speed, Transformations, Flight and Dark elemental. But not without some disadvantages. He became weak to water and the sun. Using the Gun Del Sol cost both HP and sunlight.

Sol Trance

In Boktai 3 this form had 2 attacks a spin attack and a homing attack. With the transformation it also refilled your HP.

What are his Chances?

With Konami he is a 3rd and being from an obscure and forgotten niche series. The odds are overwhelmingly against him. But that does not mean hes completely out of the running. If Konami took some proper risks like porting the GBA title some how to the Switch or even the 3DS. I think if they did revive him he would get a better chance. even if its a little small.

Supporters

smileMasky
slambros

I've also attached a signature tag to this post if you guys would like to support.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Nice work with the original post. I had forgotten about Boktai and by extension, Django. I never played, but the concept was truly unique. The game was irreverent, and I found your post to be much the same--unexpected, but thoughtful and intelligent.

slambros

Smash Ace
You learn something new every day! I never knew Konami had this kind of series! I'll supoort this for sure.

:171:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I think I forgot to mention something very important about his GBA games. you can cross over to Megaman Battle Network. and fight along side Megaman.EXE and getting a sweet Mega buster weapon after beating Shade man. Django also meets Snake in one of the dungeons. so he is not stranger to some big characters.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
While I haven't played the Boktai games on the GBA, I HAVE played Lunar Knights on the DS and I think it's a really good game. I'd really like to see Django in Smash as he would be pretty interesting. Not sure about his chances though since characters like Snake, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont have higher chances, but I'd still think he'd make a great addition.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
While I haven't played the Boktai games on the GBA, I HAVE played Lunar Knights on the DS and I think it's a really good game. I'd really like to see Django in Smash as he would be pretty interesting. Not sure about his chances though since characters like Snake, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont have higher chances, but I'd still think he'd make a great addition.
to be honest i agree hes very very obscure so i dont expect him to get in when we got those big players from konami, even though i would love it so much

Top Bottom