• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tafokints Joins Cloud9 as Mang0's Coach

Sheik Render by MachRiderZ

Juan "Hungrybox" DeBiedma won't be the only one in the Super Smash Bros. Melee scene with an official coach going into 2017. Starting today, Melee god Joseph "Mang0" Marquez will have a coach of his own on Cloud9: well-known Sheik main and content creator Daniel "Tafokints" Lee.

Tafokints' first tournament as "Coach Tafo" will be Genesis 4, where Mang0 will be looking to tie up the Genesis title score with Adam "Armada" Lindgren.

Comments

Tafo coming through as Mango's coach? Funny because I saw him playing with Mango on his stream a few days ago xD

For some reason I imagine Mango the least likely player on this Earth to accept the advice of others on how to play melee.

That's kind of what made him so good, being so creative and unpredictable. You can't teach that.

Last edited:
For some reason I imagine Mango the least likely player on this Earth to accept the advice of others on how to play melee.

That's kind of what made him so good, being so creative and unpredictable. You can't teach that.

its a new era of melee. maybe that means a new mango style was bound to be needed.

But he's a ****ing alcoholic manchild that doesn't know how to take care of himself. Basically Tafo's Mango's babysitter. What a charismatic piece of ****

Last edited:
But he's a ****ing alcoholic manchild that doesn't know how to take care of himself. Basically Tafo's Mango's babysitter. What a charismatic piece of ****
lol what are you talking about. Mango's gotten a lot more mature in his approach to the game over the years. Besides, it doesn't hurt to have a friend who's there for you and who deals with everything else so that you only need to focus on the game.

Tafo can essentially deal with all exterior things like travel, food, etc and yes, probably managing alcohol, while being another eye to help Mango in researching players and noting their habits.

I'd assume it's a "coach" like any physical sports athlete. Obviously the coach won't be better than the player and will most likely leave him to come up with whatever crazy ideas he wants, just there to fix quick things like getting punished for bad habits, coming up with quick responses to opponent habits, etc.

I think Mang0 might bump up a few places in the rankings in 2017 now that he has a coach to help him with some flaws in his play. I'm excited to see how well he does at Genesis!

Last edited:
Top Bottom