• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TACUS

balloonpower

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of people getting mad when someone says TACUS.

so what's wrong with it?

Life

Smash Hero
Reverse Hydroplane UpSmash is Squirtle's sliding upsmash tech. It's basically just RAR JC Usmash.

TACUS stands for Turnaround Canceled Upsmash, which is the same tech, but only like one of us calls it that. It's kind of been a running joke since.

Last edited:

slugmax

Smash Rookie
All I'm saying is that RARJCUS is the only name that accurately describes how it works. Calling it a RHUS would be like calling a hadron collider a science machine.

balloonpower

Smash Rookie
I like the name TACUS more but I can see why RHUS makes more sense.

RARJCUS Is way too hard to say IMO

slugmax

Smash Rookie
I mean, you type it 99% of the time, because your friends don't know what it means anyway, right?

balloonpower

Smash Rookie
true and it isn't like I hear anyone on commentary say squirtle tech that isn't hydroplane or shellshify often anyway.

slugmax

Smash Rookie
Exactly!

No, don't listen to me, I'm just making an issue because it's fun :p.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Because TACUS is incorrect terminology of an already named tech from brawl that carried over into pm, RHUS

Top Bottom