• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky

Smash Master
Starting on October 1st and continuing the 1st of each month until registration closes on February 1st, the price will increase by 2.50 each new Month. This means in January registration will be $10 more.
Unless I'm misreading this, shouldn't this mean entering a single event should just be 37.50 now, rather than the 40 that the website says?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm surrprised SRK actually agreed to be in the same building as smash players. To my recent knowledge, most people on that site absolutely hates everything related to competitive smash to the point that most of the players hate being in the same venue as smash players. So I forsee some smash hate going on here

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm trying to see who from upstate ny is interested in this, I might be interested in some of those security shifts too if I go, actually.

chillindude829

Smash Master
I'm surrprised SRK actually agreed to be in the same building as smash players. To my recent knowledge, most people on that site absolutely hates everything related to competitive smash to the point that most of the players hate being in the same venue as smash players. So I forsee some smash hate going on here
people on SRK are just regular people dude. they may hate on smash on the forums, but i've seen smashers hate on street fighter on here as well.

trust me, i was a pro smasher who started going to SF4 tourneys and i got nothing but encouragement and positive feedback. people on SRK may not be excited for smash or anything but they wont "hate being in the same venue" as smashers lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so, its looking like a 9 hour bus to get here is only gonna cost me like 10 bucks as opposed to the 90 bucks in gas it would take to get my old busted car there and back. i might have to be up in this.

also, SF kids are kind of douchy toward smash as a game, but in person they are madd chill. just dont be afraid to say SF sucks when they say the same about smash lol. its not even a big deal.

as a matter of fact i should go talk to some of the SF kids I know and try to get them to come with.

lastly, I think im going to look into those security and pool running jobs too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well yea plank, guaranteed there wont be more than 4 in the room. but especially when you are now running brawl for all 3 days (which pretty much wipes out my idea of spending saturday touring DC during melee), i just have to know how to save the 100-150 dollars over the weekend. I can barely afford to go to this and genesis 2 next year as it is :(

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
Unless I'm misreading this, shouldn't this mean entering a single event should just be 37.50 now, rather than the 40 that the website says?
ahhh im upstate yo i wanna go but if i cant since ill be upstate then idk mann. it'd be awesome to travel with a fellow smasher though. inbox me!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
people on SRK are just regular people dude. they may hate on smash on the forums, but i've seen smashers hate on street fighter on here as well.

trust me, i was a pro smasher who started going to SF4 tourneys and i got nothing but encouragement and positive feedback. people on SRK may not be excited for smash or anything but they wont "hate being in the same venue" as smashers lol
werd son... same here ... lolol

BTW .. next major that has 3v3 u want to team up and go?

rhan

Smash Hero
HEY PLANK! I was banned so I wasn't able to ask this.

I got a couple of friends that just wanna spectate. But there is no option for spectators on the reg site.

So how's that going to work?

Also did someone named "G-O" sign up yet? lmao

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
How is that possible sponsorship by Monster going?
I had Monster locked down basically but the venue won't allow outside food/beverage which thwarted that. I've got solid jake working on looking into sponsorships since he's got an official smashboards email now and we can use stats/etc to help promote along with attendance numbers. Monster probably won't happen, but hopefully something does ^_^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
HEY PLANK! I was banned so I wasn't able to ask this.

I got a couple of friends that just wanna spectate. But there is no option for spectators on the reg site.

So how's that going to work?

Also did someone named "G-O" sign up yet? lmao
Spectators fee will be added closer to the date of the tournament.

No G-O yet

rhan

Smash Hero
Alright thanks. lol

Now it's time to tell that ***** to get on the grind before sht goes up next month... :yeahboi:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
its going up 5 dollars next month since it didn't go up 2.50 this month. who wants to save 5 dollars??? :p

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Angry face at your venue doing that to you Plairnkk. I can't stand it when the person you're paying thousands of dollars to rent their room starts nit picking at what you can bring in. I mean as long as your not doing something illegal they should GTFO

end rage

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Angry face at your venue doing that to you Plairnkk. I can't stand it when the person you're paying thousands of dollars to rent their room starts nit picking at what you can bring in. I mean as long as your not doing something illegal they should GTFO

end rage
i think its more complicated than that with the hotel contracts of food and such

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
helllll yea!!! ec will obviously be here full force. cali already is like half of the signups, if mw comes full force the US will be totally represented!!!

tbh everyone should be coming full force. this is the nicest venue ever for any american national, i know that for sure. beyond that i'm devoting so much time into everything and its on a 3 day weekend!!!

60 people
210 people
300 people
650 people

whats next??? :p i want to hit 1,000. i am stepping up advertising as well as trying to get street fighter in (there have been some complications with that).

I get tons of emails from casuals who don't have accounts on here who are coming to either play or to spectate. Everyone should come out and show people what we have to offer cuz on top of everything else it's in the middle of DC and will be a great way to get more exposure to our community.

@humps, zgetto and faab told me/posted they were coming. I'm not sure about armada, amsah, or the others yet, but i'll definitely be trying my hardest to convince them! There's also a lot of interest from australia, PR, and other countries obviously. This venue is basically the perfect venue for people travelling long distances

PB&J

Smash Hero
plank- you should let the monster people talk to the hotel because recently i got in contact with the monster rep down here and they said they love to sponsor events and an event of this magnitude would def raise some eye brows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom