• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

System Failure - A R.O.B. video

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Seriously that was an excellent intro!

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Awesome until the terrible Japanese person started singing. The footage helped, though.

Singstah

Smash Rookie
nice vid.

i have some questions for you about rob (who i plan to main).

i love rob's playstyle, his huge ranged game (laser/gyro) and his up+B rapage edgeguarding.
however one problem i seem to be having is overcoming his (lack of) speed. almost all his moves have initial lag. thus none of his aerials save his neutral can be used as viable approaches. aside from dash a (which can easily be blcoked/shieldgrabbed) and shorthop-> neutral a, rob doesnt seem to have many approach options.

additionally, the only quick move he can pull off after dodging an attack is the down smash, which usually launches the opponent too high to combo.

also, i saw you use down throw and up throw quite a bit in your videos... why not just use forward/back throw?

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
not bad. how do you do that dashing thing? when you throw the gyromite?

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I have to admit those are some SICK combos! I really hope to battle you someday!

nice vid.

i have some questions for you about rob (who i plan to main).

i love rob's playstyle, his huge ranged game (laser/gyro) and his up+B rapage edgeguarding.
however one problem i seem to be having is overcoming his (lack of) speed. almost all his moves have initial lag. thus none of his aerials save his neutral can be used as viable approaches. aside from dash a (which can easily be blcoked/shieldgrabbed) and shorthop-> neutral a, rob doesnt seem to have many approach options.

additionally, the only quick move he can pull off after dodging an attack is the down smash, which usually launches the opponent too high to combo.

also, i saw you use down throw and up throw quite a bit in your videos... why not just use forward/back throw?
Don't worry, ROB also has some very quick attacks. all his areals are great since they can be used for different purposes (his neutral, down, and side are strong and cause great knockback but have initial lag while his forward and up are great for racking up damage and have little to no initial lag). his down smash is good for racking up damage and is a great combo starter at low percentages. his side throws suck though...all he does is push for forward and turn around a push for back...besides his up and down throws look cool! :p

Hey.. I guess he might not be so pathetic and useless after all.
he never was, ROB has a lot of potential. all you need to do is learn how to use him...

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Very nice video. Good work I'm sure everyone you own is yelling how much they hate R.O.B.
(I personally like him, who could hate a retro robot?)

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Very very nice. Most of the combos were... repetitive, but some of them were quite skilled. I gotta say though, thats probably the best intro to any combo video I've ever seen. Not that I've seen them all... but I was very impressed. It really got me excited! And I loved the music... I don't know about you guys...

Top Bottom