• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Fest Feb 10th, BEST practice

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
This thread will be updated frequently with information involving the fest and other Syracuse/upstate New York activities.

Important New York State Information to check out:
NYS Power Rankings Updated 5/18/2011

Apt 307
Syracuse NY 13205

-----------------
When
Feb 10th 2012
Fest starts about 6. Mini tournament starts around 8-8:30 unless otherwise stated. I do allow people to come way earlier if you just contact me in advance.

-----------------
Contact
Matthew Sharpe
#803-603-8324
Matthew.C.Sharpe@Gmail.com
Aim- Oddstolive

VERY IMPORTANT Please note that i live in a building where the entrance is locked. If you can contact me before hand on your arrival time i will try my best to make sure it is unlocked. if not i will have my cell phone on me and be checking smashboards to ensure i can let everyone in.

-----------------
Fees
Venue: $1 - $2 venue fee (Depending on an attendance) That will be used cover electricity used during these events

-----------------
Mini Tournament
1-4 People : No Tournament
4-6 People : 1$ Tournament
7-8 People : 2$ Tournament
9+ People : 3$ Tournament

Please Bring at least $5 In all to the smashfests just in case tournament fees go up to 3 (If you wish to attend) Tournaments will count towards the PR for the summer time.

Brawl Singles (Mostly this)
Brawl Doubles Round Robin
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles Round Robin

-----------------
Mini Tournament Results
05/22/2010
06/12/2010
06/19/2010
06/26/2010
07/10/2010
08/14/2010
08/21/2010
10/16/2010
10/23/2010

-----------------
Draft Crews
We have done these on several occasions and have always had a good time. We will continue to do so if people are interested.

-----------------
Venue Rules:
1) Tournament Matches and Money Matches has priority over all matches. People have to leave at different times so be sure to complete tournament matches on a timely manner.

2) I do not provide food and drinks for people so please bring your own if you wish, There is a Kinney Pharmacy and a gas station to purchase food. You are allowed to use my cups plates and I do have filtered water if anyone wants some. You are also allowed to store things in my fridge (if there's space) and use my appliances.

3) Anything broken in the apartment you will pay for, anything of yours broken i will not pay for.

4) Tournaments or gathering of smashers and gamers alike usually tend to smell bad due to sweating/breathing from mass amounts of people. However i would like to reduce the smell cause i am sure its impossible to eliminate it completely.
So basically
-Shower
-Brush Your Teeth
-deodorize

5) Any Drug/ Alcohol related substances are not allowed inside my place. You may do it outside or in your car but not inside the house. I am opening up my place for the community so please be respectful to my wishes.

6) Shoes must be taken off there is a small patch infront of the door in which you may take off your shoes. You will be reminded once you come in, If you for some reason have them on inside the house you will than have to pay a quarter (25 cents) each time you make this mistake.

-----------------
Brawl Rule Set
Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshis Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks

Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3
Finals will be played best of 5.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined by stock then percentage. If percentage is the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played using the same characters and same stage.

* Bowercides/ Ganonsides will be in favor of ganon/bowser if it ends with it

* Stalling is banned.

*Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*40 Ledge Grab Limit. Even if timer doesn't run out if your over 40 you lose that match.

*Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

-----------------
Attendance
-Cura
-Eeveee
-Sharky
-Dai
-Stack
-Beta
-Erk
-James G
-Trademark
-Mako?

Bring sleeping bags or something if you stay the night, it will be crowded. We will have to leave to the venue early. Bring set ups because we will need them for the fest and for the tournament. Label your ****, shower.
-----------------

altairian

Smash Lord
Awesome, I'll definitely make it out to some of these with some Albany/Saratoga kids. NYS can be a power region if we keep this up XD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'll be there. (probably not December 12th though!)

Sharky

Smash Master
can't wait. I should be able to make a fest this weekend too, though I'd be an hour late probably

Sharky

Smash Master
I'd be down for some melee, I'm sure cura would too.

edit: if san comes to one I'm sure he'd rock the luigi too lol crazy wavedashing guido XD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Me and jeff (sama-san / Tao) will come to these once the semester starts up. But honestly? Make this **** BIWEEKLY PLEASE it's honestly better to make a stronger region. If they're too frequent people will value attending less... for rizzle ^^

also foy could come to these and maybe greece coast and stuff

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well regardless of if i make it biweekly or weekly the thing is every Saturday i usually have people over to brawl mainly the Syracuse kids. This is just a way of saying to people who dont know that we are smashing and come over and play if you have time or want to improve. I am going to confirm an attendance per weekend to let smashers know what the turn out is looking like and its up to them rather or not they come. And i will let people know when Albany comes down so they can make sure they stop by and get practice with players they normally cannot.

Edit: But i do understand what your getting at and i take it into consideration. After the first few we'll see how things go. And how consistant they are.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna say how happy I am that you open this up melee! I was seriously getting sick of playing lvl1 falcon lol. though I doubt Ill just play melee, Anyone who needs their confidence boosted can play me in Brawl (Pit Fsmash all day!) and Ill gladly play in the crew battle if one team is looking to be to overpowered lol. seriously its really nice of you to open up your apartment to the community.

just a question here, why do people always put my name as Betta?!?! /End *****ing (lol its not a big deal, Everybody know its cause Im aggressive like a Bettafish.)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Now I can actually play Beta and Erk for extended periods of time. Pass on smash knowledge! Mine is better than KoJ's Jesiah's and Neil's combined they don't know about DERP or version differences.

Foy

Smash Champion
Ill most likely be down for these when i get a job sometime/have a car available to use at my place.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Updates on first pages.

:Updates- Date added. Updated PR Now with Melee PR . My policy on drug related substances and alcohol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Me and jeff (sama-san / Tao) will come to these once the semester starts up. But honestly? Make this **** BIWEEKLY PLEASE it's honestly better to make a stronger region. If they're too frequent people will value attending less... for rizzle ^^

also foy could come to these and maybe greece coast and stuff

this is the concept behind me not running regular tournaments but just for smash fests showing up at peoples houses its not a big deal.

also, I doubt too many rochester people will be coming to these, since we already have smashfests at the local college twice a week. just a heads up

Spamzfair

Smash Cadet
Ill start coming i didnt know about these things lol. and jah jah, the more it happens the more ill come lol.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion

this is the concept behind me not running regular tournaments but just for smash fests showing up at peoples houses its not a big deal.

also, I doubt too many rochester people will be coming to these, since we already have smashfests at the local college twice a week. just a heads up
I figured Rochester wouldn't come out to any of these. But after talking with angel and some of the RIT kids about how often you guys do get together to smash/ noticing the improvement of Rochester players, made me realize that the area of Central New York needs to start doing this as well. Its mainly like an open house for smash. Sometimes we'll have a lot of people sometimes we'll a small showing but either way i feel that central is behind western and this will help us catch up, meet new people, and have fun smashing.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Can't make 12th, but I might come other days. I wont be able to stay all night though XD. I'd prolly leave around 9:00

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Nothing is schedule for this weekend Maybe just casual play between the usuals if theres people interested. but im not sure yet. Just text me.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
To pricey for me. Especially for college people. Beside i heard pound brawl attendance isn't going to be that high. Less the an average ec national. But i don't follow it to much so i could be wrong.

Top Bottom