• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Synergy Attacks - Playable/Assist character team up!

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Ok, so some guy in another thread said something about making a thread for Synergy Attacks, so here it is...

Don't know what a Synergy Attack is? Well in Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, there were Assist Trophies that spawned some other Cartoon Network character that attacks the opponents or fights alongside the player. But sometimes, if you picked up a certain assist trophy while playing as a certain character, a final smash like attack would occur (Which were miles better than the actual Final Smashes from that game), where the two characters would cooperate and do a series of devastating attacks.

If Sakurai implements something like this for Smash 4, he'd obviously have to give it a different name. 'Assist Smash'? Heh.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Marth and Lyn:

Marth activates the Assist Trophy and Lyn jumps out. Lyn quickly rushes at the closest opponent and proceeds to slash the opponent before disappearing and reappearing behind, and shoving them into Marth, who then proceeds to stab and slash at the opponent and strike them into the air. Lyn and Marth then jump with their swords drawn and finishes the opponent off mid-air with a giant X shaped slash going through the opponent in a similar fashion to what Meta-knight's Final Smash looks like.

Marth and Lyn then fall to either side of each other, bow and then Lyn vanishes.

Ike and Lyn:

Ike activates the Assist Trophy and Lyn jumps out. Ike and Lyn's swords both start to glow, Ike then sends out a wave of blue energy while Lyn appears behind the opponent. They both then start to shoot out waves of blue and green energy at the opponent from either side, before finishing them off with a rush attack that sends the opponent flying.

Ike and Lyn then raise their swords to each other, nod, and then Lyn vanishes.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong and Funky Kong:

When either DK releases Funky Kong, they'll both hi-five each other. Before you know it, Funky Kong will slap DK into a Rocket Barrel from DKCR and send them flying through the air (you can control them on-rocket for 15 secs.) As you reach the other side of the screen, Funky Kong will hop into own Jet Barrel from the SNES DKC and start flying, so you're both flying towards each opposite end as you pass each other. Funky moves on his own.

You're invincible in this state. Any opponent you make contact with will receive considerable knockback. Once the time limit is up, Funky Kong will howl and fly away, but your rocket will malfunction and crash into the platform below. Anyone but DK caught in the explosion will be sent flying.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
This is a pretty interesting idea. This idea would really work in my mind if in Smash 4, the player were allowed to have an item inventory which could be accessed by pressing one of the taunts. With a mechanic like that, you could pull out your assist at the time you needed it for the assist Smash.
I can't say I have any ideas for the actual attacks, though I was thinking maybe each character-represented franchise could have an assist trophy or two from within their franchise.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This is actually a really neat idea with a lot of potential.
Here are a few of my ideas of character combinations:

Luigi and Professor E. Gadd
Peach and Toadsworth
Bowser and Bowser Jr.
Yoshi and Baby Mario
Wario and Waluigi (or a WarioWare character)
Link and Fi (or maybe Midna)
Samus and Anthony Higgs
Fox and Slippy Toad
Wolf and Leon Powalski
Kirby and Gooey
Meta Knight and Ax Knight (or any of the other Meta-Knights, really)
King Dedede and Bandanna Dee
Olimar and Louie
Pit and Palutena (if she didn't end up as a playable character, that is)
Ness and Paula
Lucas and Claus
Sonic and Tails
Villager and Tom Nook (or maybe Isabelle)
Wii Fit Trainer and the Balance Board :p
Mega Man and Roll (or Protoman)

Later I will come up with what they actually do... but for now I just wanted to get those ideas out there.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
As long as each Assist Trophy only has one true owner. For instance, there would have to be as many assists as there are playable characters,

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
As long as each Assist Trophy only has one true owner. For instance, there would have to be as many assists as there are playable characters,
My thoughts exactly. I think it should be like CNPTE and each assist/playable combination should be from different franchises to add a little variety.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I tought of something like this. If you were playing a team battle with a certain team, and either one of the characters break the Smash Ball you can get near each other and both will start to glow. Then if both of you use your neutral special as the same time you perform a co-op Final Smash. For example, Mario and Luigi could mix two big fireballs and make a giant one, then jump to the top of the screen and throw it to the ground.

Top Bottom