• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

xeno

Smash Ace
Does Sheik w/out f-airs count as low tier?
NEW TOURNEY! GIMP CHARACTERS! Fox without shine and up-moves! Falco without lasers or aierls! Marth without his sword! (grabs and counters only suckas)

Just to be funny: Peach without her dress!

xeno

Smash Ace
No shield tourney would be kickass. If you shield, you have to HOLD IT! until you get grabbed / shield break.

I would totally play a grab + counter only Marth vs a low-tier.

Sirias

Smash Champion
No problem, Dedu. I try only for you. <3
I stay up all night thinking of you, it's so bad... ;D

Kyoot~

FALCON? WITHOUT KNEE? Are you insane? Like. So insane that you need to be kneed in the face by a cos-player dressed as C.Falcon?
I hope not.
Because I'll be that guy one day...
<.<;;

unreon

Smash Ace
Let's play a game. Where we try to move top-tier level characters by taking away ONE of their moves. So basically, you try to drag down a character as many ranks as possible by altering them in the least possible way.

Just a quick random one as an example, I would take away Ice Climber's grab.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Does Sheik w/out f-airs count as low tier?
NEW TOURNEY! GIMP CHARACTERS! Fox without shine and up-moves! Falco without lasers or aierls! Marth without his sword! (grabs and counters only suckas)

Just to be funny: Peach without her dress!

Random fact:

Peach without her dress would result Peach being in her Mario Power Tennis outfit.

Action Replay is required.

FACT:

BAM! And the dirt is gone!

Dedu

Smash Lord
No problem, Dedu. I try only for you. <3
I stay up all night thinking of you, it's so bad... ;D
Well if you gotta do,
Take it by your thrust and give it all from your wad!

EXXXXPLLLLOODDDDEEEE!!!!

Stundun - ICs aren't high tier. They're mid high tier characters. For me, I'd make Fox have no shine. Take away his godly approach to counter-grabs and gimp kills.
Bjay - what dirt is gone?

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
xeno, im hearing a lot of rhetoric and not very much substance. noone doubts that smash (or sex) is escapism, and noone doubts that successful players are those that have incorporated higher-end moves into second nature muscle memory as opposed to mere cognitive process. i just don't really get where you're going with your quasi-philosophical rant.

edit: no offense intended :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
For a good time and sit back n laugh at our pause memories of smash...

here we go!!!!

Sirias

Smash Champion
Dedu.
You homo.
In both cases.
Male and Female omigod. XD

My thrusts are awesome.
Pelvic and otherwise.

Omg Link and Peach = NO! D: <<<
Fkin hate Peach.

Jaz come up and play Smash with me. <3
And bring some Krispy Kremes too.
I will have your babies if you do, yeh. :D

And Kulla.
Because you had a really gay Luigi.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Best one is the two peaches frozen just before kissing. I often find myself staring at that for ages hoping they'll get closer...

and closer...

and closer...
LOL

Spam FTW - just don't shoot da dog mentioned in bjay's beginning page post!

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, found this waiting for me when i got home:

i'll be organising the smash tourney at ohn for sunday
so am wondering if you're helping out by recording matches and providing a computer for us to use in the DIY tournament?
Yes, i'll be able to give you the recording-capable computer for OHN6. I'll be in and out of everything on the day, but I'll make sure to help you out as much as I can.

xeno

Smash Ace
Those pictures: Xeno loled a lot.
Important News: Something important to my universe has come up this weekend, and OHN6 is looking like an impossibility. ComboTurtle can have my pre-registration, so call him Xeno until he gets past the OHN checkpoint. Or, OHN person if you're reading this: ComboTurtle = Xeno for OHN6.
Ty and have a nice day.
I found Daisy's third eye looking up her dress in NTSC :D

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Luigi may look gay on the outside, but he doesnt come anywhere near the implied homosexuality of Captain Falcon. ^_^

My face pic is the Link and Peach, mainly due to the look in Links eyes, its the look of love people!

And CodeMonkey...does this mean our tourney is on sunday? Because if so...well I think alot of people are screwed, myself included. As I can't make it now on Sunday.

Dedu

Smash Lord
ComboTurtle can have my pre-registration, so call him Xeno until he gets past the OHN checkpoint.
Smashers! Be aware of this - IMPORTANT. We don't want OHN to raise an eyebrow or even charge him more just coz we called him Tom or ComboTurtle, not Xeno.

And CodeMonkey...does this mean our tourney is on sunday? Because if so...well I think alot of people are screwed, myself included. As I can't make it now on Sunday.
Well I hope it doesn't end up being as sucky as
britney spears concert

Bjay

Smash Lord
Luigi may look gay on the outside, but he doesnt come anywhere near the implied homosexuality of Captain Falcon. ^_^

My face pic is the Link and Peach, mainly due to the look in Links eyes, its the look of love people!

Of course not.

But, is it possible to have the computer on both days? We can always rotate between the person to monitor the stuff going on.

Plus, with Xeno not being able to make it :( He won't be able to bring his laptop (though I could have sworn someone else was bringing theirs as well) but at least matches can be filmed ,and the tourney program is on it.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I was going to bring mine, but if we are doing swiss there is no point...I couldnt find a good swiss program.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Just bring your laptop incase, Kulla. We'll need a couple peoples to bring their GCs, Smash and Memory cards. Think you can do that?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Brinton, teach me how to use all that fancy stuff on your comp ok :p (for the stuff I dunno yet)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Somehow this thread mysteriously died...

Again I haven't gotten responses for people who are able to bring their GCs, Smash and Mem Cardzorz... Are you going to bring them to OHN or not?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i can bring game, card and control tomorrow, could bring a tv but im not gonna drive unless i have to cause at 8 in the morning im a zombie... if i rock up at around 11 thats ok?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yup. Take your time and come along when you need to. If you're not here by the time the tournament starts and you haven't arrived yet, we'll try to delay your placing till you get here. If we can't delay any further by the time you haven't arrived , then bad luck. Don't blame it on your sleepiness.

Jaz - obsession with pics happened ages ago before I started high school in the form of 'comics'. And FFS, yes I am organising the tourney on sunday.
See y'all tomorrow at 10am. BYO controllers AND if possible, GC, Smash and Memory Cardzorz.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I share a similar obsession... except instead of random funny images I put ones of my own up, check out the hotness on the right, YAYUHZZ <3

Bjay

Smash Lord
Shoutouts.

EDIT - typing it.

Wow, something is wrong with Smashboards. I could xenopost it, but when I tried to edit it, it never loaded anything, gay. -.-

Bjay

Smash Lord
WAZZZZZZZZZZUPPPP!! What a day.

It was a mixed day. I guess we can safely say it’s a failed tourney though. :[ But alas there must be good tourneys, and bad tourneys, I love participating either way. :p
I can also safely say that I believe I’m the “slowest” smasher of all Sydney Smashers. What do I mean? Well, mindgames, reflexes, reactions, combos, mashing, basically everything really. I can’t keep up with anyone anymore lol! I don’t mind though, I guess it’s just my style. Despite all the pretty stupid mistakes though, I think I played much better today than I usually did, not just under pressure too, though I did get a bit annoyed with all the suicides I made, and not neutral, forward, and down airing when I should have, I just jumped for no reason and left a huge opening. Oh, the toad was the worst. Always coming out of nowhere, I could swear I never hit be intentionally, and it wouldn’t be myself trying to get a turnip either, cause the toads usually came while I was in the air. But yeah, I had many great games today, it’s good to see everyone’s improved heaps (omg especially both Simons and Pat [You guys are godly/broken ;)]). Don’t worry guys, I’m sure the next tournament will be like the usual S3, awesome. :p

Okay, shoutouts:

Pat – Well done on winning bragging rights ^^ Seriously you’ve become really really good, as I mentioned for quite a while, godly and broken. ;o Oh take it as a compliment please =) Sorry about smacking you with turnips in doubles on our final match though :p I was trying to knock Kulla off FD without realising you kept jumping, nonetheless though, those were some great matches. Psh, Cabin Boys ;P I knew it was gay but I soo didn’t know it had to do with anime :@

Jaz – WAZZZUPPPPP! One thing I noticed today, you’ve got great predicting skills, all those down airs that many others and myself today, far out, whenever we missed a tech, you were there to down air, whenever we teched to the left, you were there to down air, and when we tech to the right…(well you know) Good job with all the swiss organization and program working thingamajigs though. That computer was a pain in the arse indeedy, nonetheless you pulled through, and have a super fast. awesome Captain Falcon as usual.

Kulla – Godly, and broken. :p Compliment k? Great job on placing third today, with all those comebacks you pulled off in most of your matches today, you so deserved it. You finally got your revenge at knocking me out in doubles and singles too after I knocked you out in singles/doubles :p (Hey it wasn’t my fault I got matched up with you!) You’ve improved heapsss, you combo to the max man. As soon I see Peach get hit, it’s like a combo and the damage equals above the average down smash. You also seem to dodge quite fast too :p I knew i should have cancelled Yoshi's Story though, I wasn't feeling that confident on it. Feel honoured you were the first to take on my counterpick stage :D Yeah, no more grabbing edges when you play me on there :p Looking forward to attending your biweeklies again. We’re teaming up next S3 yeah?

Funky – Geee Simon, where did you learn all those new tricks :p Cheers for all the smash matches. I always enjoy having smash matches against you, I’m not sure why, come to think about it, it’s been very close to a year since we first sparred out in matches, darnit, your characters always fly everywhere I can’t keep up with them haha. But yeah Funky, seriously I gotta do something about those characters flying everywhere. :p

Sanc – We didn’t get to play much. We had one friendly, My Mr. Lime and Watch vs your Ice Climbers, and you thrashed me. Even though I didn’t play you, watching most of your matches, I can say you’ve improved a whole heaaapp. Everytime I vs you I have a hard time getting past all that ‘defense’, if you can call it, I don’t know, it’s your playstyle, you know what I mean. Hopefully we’ll Smash it up again soon.

ComboTurtle – Tom, I countered your Marth majorly when we first dueled, then it was your turn when you turn the tables with your strategy, then I somehow, countered that strategy with my…usual strategy? (Maybe it’s cause your counter stage for Peach became my favourite stage to vs you) Either way though, your Marth is great, good luck with Fox man, I don’t know how you guys play with Fox, maybe when I get used to Falco, Fox will be okay for me. Cheers for shouting me chips today too, lol, I don’t know what’s your obsession with vsing Peach seriously :p

Joe
– Hey Joe, we didn’t get to talk much or vs each other today, I definitely have a hard time vsing your Link though. You somehow mindgame me with it, and I just seem to flop. I believe you should have won the final match we had, but I somehow pulled off a fluke? Hopefully I can come to Fridays at UTS and play more matches with you! Good to see you again.

Unreon – Hey Jase, lol, did you end up getting to play Justin Wong in anything but Smash? :p I reckon if you didn’t forfeit today, you would have placed high in the tourney, you got all this technical stuff going with your mains, and you definitely pwned me a lot today, despite quite a fair share of mistakes we both made. Dw, not all Smash tourneys are phail like this, just the 2 you’ve been to :p (Three’s a charm)

Dedu – Stu. Thanks buddy. Thanks so much. You’ve helped me quite a bit, printing my resumé for me, hopefully I’ll get the job yeah? There’s 5 positions available, I’m not sure if they meant 5 spots of the same role, or 5 different roles, either way things look good atm. Thanks for Smashing it up with me this week too, haha, I never noticed it, but I think you benefit more against Falcos now thanks to my constant use with Falco against yours :p Since you rarely get to play Falcos, and yes, they are a pain in the arse :p But yeah, I had great matches, I think those matches really helped me improve, even with the mistakes I made at the tournament, I still think I played much better than usual. Cheers for all your help. Sorry about the low-tiers bud, I had to tell you earlier though, I wouldn’t have wanted you showing up and no one else arrived as well. Dw next time, I think you’re a great organizer, and hey, who was the one that made affiliations with E.G.G? :p Nice job as per usual.

Unnecessary but necessary shoutouts:

Mic – Happy Birthday pal. ;) I haven’t vs you in a while. Hope all is well. :D

Chicken – lol you’re a wise man on Smashboards, a crack up on MSN, and someone that makes laughing EXTREMELY contagious in r/l. :p I haven’t vs you in a while, hopefully we’ll have a few matches sometime soon yeah.

Xeno
– I have nothing much to say here except. Xeno Man, Xeno Man, does whatever, a Xeno can. Can he shine? Maybe he can, cause he’s a…Xeno Man. Lookout, here comes the Xeno Man!
Uhm, I don’t know where that came from, but yeah, I hope your day was well for you though :p

Enjoy your shoutouts. ;-)

Top Bottom