• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

xeno

Smash Ace
In Texas, you can kill anyone on your property at night and say they were trying to break in. :O
In Smash Bros, you can kill anyone on your stage and say they were a noob.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I take that as the best reasoning ever.
And I hope you meant it literally.
As in you kill them in Smash and in real life because they were both n00b at the game and at real life.
Yeh. :D

Texas is awesome.
I want to live there. LOL.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Missiles are good if ur not vsing Marth LOL LOL

Bummer Fork! Samus is one lean machine OHN would love to experience this weekend. Provided she's not handicapped
lmao how the **** did you get "Weekend" linked and highlighted? ^o)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Its an adbot Bjay.

I see it all the time here. Mostly I see linked references to sex sites. I assume ur internet is mostly occupied by search criteria related to do with 'weekends' :p

BTW Sirias - America is Awesome and made of win! Megastores everywhere and soo many things brought in super sized upgrades. Instead of getting a dozen cokes in those stores, you usually get 24 - 36 of them in one big package.

Plus, games are released heaps earlier in America compared to Down Under.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Its an adbot Bjay.

I see it all the time here. Mostly I see linked references to sex sites. I assume ur internet is mostly occupied by search criteria related to do with 'weekends' :p
adbot? I hear ya.

Weekends? I'm confused :( I see many words linked, I saw games linked somewhere once, so I got a bit confused, I thought it was a link like this:

GOOGLEMEISTER

Thanks though, that makes sense now. ^^ Though I don't think I've ever looked up anything to do with weekends :p

ps: you going to UTS again this Friday?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ugh..all week? x_x I feel like playing Smash this whole week lol. Ironically the house is free for me too, hmm, darn I was hoping to go to the UTS to play some smash again with You and CS :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah I find its annoying as well.

I wonder if Kulla is hosting a meet this wednesday?

Bjay

Smash Lord
hopefully :D

Though if there are no meets going on. If you, or anyone else happens to just want to play Smash, feel free to drop by my place this week O=] (if no meets are going on), I'll have the house free in the day.

yes Funky that includes you since you seemed most keen and you haven't played much Smash :o

unreon

Smash Ace
Thanks Bjay! I'll see what I can do with it later =)

BTW, it turns out I get a day off on Saturday, meaning that I'm looking for a DOUBLES PARTNER! So ditch your old ones and trade in for meeeee!! :p

*wants attention*

=(

Bjay

Smash Lord
Dedu offered you a truce not too long ago? :p Dedu you still free to partner? Cause here's your partner!

Um, okay seriously though, how many of us are going to OHN? I know these guys are going:

• Jaz
  • Pat
  • Kulla
  • Funky
  • Dedu
  • Xeno
  • Combo?
  • Sanc
  • Unreon - WOO

and

• Myself

That's 10, is there anyone I'm forgetting?

PS: Low-tier tourney on sunday ftw

PPS: Haha, doubles is gonna be extra extra fun this time ;P I'm not sure why but it will be.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I am unable to answer your question.
And I am bed. :D
If you meant: "Sirias, go to 'sleep'." Then I would reply with:
"Sorry, but I have insomnia. :D"

No one's up for Smash at this time unless it's an STD.
Sexually Transmitted Disease + Smash Till Dawn.
Yay!~

Dedu

Smash Lord
Kas thanks for the insomia info :p

Unreon - if you're interested in teaming with me for doubles, now's your chance!

Bjay - low tier tourney sunday ftw for sure. Kulla will **** us all with his pro Luigi and Link :p

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol nice avatar.

Who are you gonna pick for low-tier? :p

I only have my Lime and Watch ftw.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Low Tier: Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu

Bottom Tier: Yoshi, Zelda, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, Mewtwo

Nice choice of characters.

Darnit, Luigi's in but not Mario/Doc Mario :p

I think I might use an alternative to Lime and Watch as well. :o

EDIT - Oh **** I realised this tier I've just looked at is NTSC, is PAL'S lower tier list of characters the same?

Jaz

Smash Ace
i won't be there sunday, so if someone wants to do low tiers.. go for it, i can't

and if we don't get 16 people for this, it will be very very lame

nearly as lame as the britney spears concert,

nearly

xeno

Smash Ace
So just wondering.. about all this "<3" and "sexiness" and "sexually transmitted disease" jokes. Are any of you guys gay? I'm just wondering. Maybe it's the lack of females but, it seems like a lot of love and sex references are made.. with Smash references. Foxy tattoos on strangers anyone? Is this a bunch of sexually deprived young men who take their desires out by ****** (sexual) their opponents in Smash? By crouch-uncrouch-crouching to testify to their testicle dominance? Because Smash really isn't sexual, really. It's mental, emotional and awesome. No sex. Try the links Dedu has for "woman". Because Sheik and Peach and Zelda really aren't sexy, and neither is ****.

Bjay

Smash Lord
So are you guys all for low-tiers on Sunday? :) It can be just friendlies :p

Yeah, I hope the numbers is there Jaz.

I trust we'll get 16, I mean there's a minimum of 10 of us from the Sydney Smash Scene going, not to mention others that are going to OHN for other games will participate in this as well. I think those people will influence a few of their mates to enter too.

I have faith. ^_^

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
So just wondering.. about all this "<3" and "sexiness" and "sexually transmitted disease" jokes. Are any of you guys gay? I'm just wondering. Maybe it's the lack of females but, it seems like a lot of love and sex references are made.. with Smash references. Foxy tattoos on strangers anyone? Is this a bunch of sexually deprived young men who take their desires out by ****** (sexual) their opponents in Smash? By crouch-uncrouch-crouching to testify to their testicle dominance? Because Smash really isn't sexual, really. It's mental, emotional and awesome. No sex. Try the links Dedu has for "woman". Because Sheik and Peach and Zelda really aren't sexy, and neither is ****.
would it affect your opinion of me if i told you i was gay?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Stu I'd be more than happy to team with you =)

Team Stunreon? :p
Waaahey! That's great Unreon! Team names? *thinks*
Unrest?
Stundun? (similar to kundun)

Nah ditch it! Stunreon sounds better and it also has the word 'stun' in it too! Falco's lasers stun!

*other info* BTW i just LMAOed when reading Xeno's post. Now I understand why funky said what he said on MSN chat.

Dedu

Smash Lord
this deserves a Bjaypost...
What? Would you rather that we took a more 'campy' approach instead? And also wearing slightly emo clothing and piercings along with the proper fashionable hairstyle to boot? And that we all chose female characters or else, Capt Falcon/Link/Marth in smash?

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
just saw paprika last night. all you anime fans....hell, even if youre not an anime fan, watch it. like, now. its ****ing amazing.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
News!

Meet at my place thursday, all day from 11 till whenever, please bring cubes and smash, mainly because my smash disc stopped working....which sucks muchly...

Pat: Lol Cabin boys and the irony to Xeno's comment.
Xeno: I don't see how you made the link of talking about sexiness and STD's and smash too being gay, your mind must run on some interesting tangents. Plus the link you make between sexual gratification and owing, aka, ******, in smash is one that grabs at many straws. In anycase what you say at the end is correct Smash is all about the mental and emotional responses. But not only that, its about the physicality involved, the synchronization between ones thoughts and ones hands, the extension of ones self onto the character that they are currently using...aaaand so on. This makes me want to write some kind of paper on video gaming...
Unreon: Good to see you can make it on sat, and awesome doubles name.
Fonti: I must see Paprika! Where can i watch it?

xeno

Smash Ace
Kulla: Well it's actually a theme I've noticed throughout many videogame communities. And I'm only quoting (myself and others) when I say "******".. I think it's an interesting choice of word, and imo, not a good one.
Xeno Edit: Yeah, the synchronization/projection is the reason everyone is able to play video games. If you look at any video game community, you'll see strange sexual references in the communities. I find it interesting that in the abstract nature of video games humans try to imprint their sexuality into them. I'm not dissing on anyone, only making observations that I find interesting. And killing someone is the same as ****.. though I wouldn't say killing by itself is wrong.. video games are about power. The ability to proliferate -- to spread YOUrself and make OTHERS disappear is the reason games are played. Unless you play those fancy Sim's games (which girls, not guys play) where you manage emotional states, social needs, and bladder control (maternal instinct).
Competitive games on the other hand, involve beating the **** out of each other, blowing everyone up, and putting as many bullets into as many heads before the time limit runs out. I'm not dissing it -- I ****ing love it. I find violence an interesting parallel to sex however, because they ARE very similar (proliferating, imposing yourself, spreading (your name or your blood), making another your own (I own you, I love you\ you are mine love), "taking", "activating", etc. Violence and sexual references.
Ecstasy of victory, ecstasy of orgasm.

Partner selection? Sure. No one partners with noobs because noobs are bad at violence. No one partners with the girl who doesn't flirt because she's bad at sex (that's the impression given at least).

People of similar PERCEIVED skill levels partner with each other. Much like the rich and famous date the rich and famous, and the "ungood" looking date the "ungood looking". Self-perception is another thing. How many of you would really LIKE to date a supermodel? The reason we don't date supermodels is we don't think we can "get" them -- because the supermodel women have supermodel men to choose from. Just like Ken is never going to partner with me in Smash because there are more attractive (and better at what they do) players in Smash.
We can see this also in sexual/dating relationships that people tend to reflect each others beliefs, and not oppose them.. if a team has horrible synergy and TKs constantly, they'll break up.

On "Flow":
The total zoning out, loss of external sensories, forgetting you hold a controller or have hands "I am Sheik. I am Fox." is a true statement to our reality when we play Super Smash Bros. Melee and get into it.
The same way, when one fights in a war you don't remember your favorite rap artist because there are bullets next to you.. the zone is all you know.
The same way, in sex you know nothing but you, your partner and your sense and limited environment. Philosophical discussions are non-existient, and conversation usually only relates to the "here and now".
The same in Smash and in War. "He powershielded my f-smash then wavedashed to grab to up-throw to f-air and killed me". Actually, a man sitting a meter to your right pressed buttons in an order on a controller that sent signals to a machine that displayed an electronic character performing actions.
The difference between Flowing and being in the Zone and being out.
Players who can waveshine, l-cancel and wavedash well are not those who think about it -- they just do it.
If you had to think about how to have sex too much while you were doing it, you'd be in a lot of trouble.
If you had to think about how to reload your M16 when you needed to, you'd be dead.
Flow. Zone. Control. Perfect control.
Mastery. Power. Imposition. Dominance. Synergy.

Themes of Smash, War, Sex.

I just wrote your paper for you.

:)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just replace everything with cute. It's quite harmless.

e.g. "I ***** Pat"
"I cuted Pat."

e.g. "Pat ***** me" (this is a hypothetical)
"Pat uncuted me"

e.g. "raaaaaapppppppeeee"
"cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute"

e.g. "Boozer ****"
"Boozer cute"

It's a word of a thousand uses, and it gives people and warm tingling and buzzing feeling.

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol go Xeno! Go Kulla!

Man you guys should take it out in the Phoenix Wright court of law. The only thing missing to all those statements was just "Hold it!" and

Kulla - Not sure if I'm able to go to your meet, I'm about to go out. I'll be back later.

Nope Pat you never told me, you just said "I had a name the other day, but I forgot what it was."

Cabin Boys is fine by me. Well, it was only 2 choices. (Haha yeah, it is ironic to Xeno's comment :p)
  • Cabin Boys
  • Bjay's Cheap

Chyea.

psst there's gonna be a low tiers k. Stu will reveal more on that.

k Bbl

Top Bottom