• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swordfighter Shieldbreak Setups - Example + Discussion

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So after realizing that upair and bair are like +1 or 0 on shield, and that both hits of dsmash wreck shields, I decided to experiment with some shieldbreak setups. Due to Swordfighter's super strong hits, he can possibly end stocks extremely early from shieldbreaks.

So here's my easy example of a shieldbreak setup starting with a simple jab

Discuss more shieldbreak setups! I feel Swordfighter can excel in this area of shield pressure/shieldbreaks :3

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Interesting, while nice for Mii Sword, it looks like this would work quite well for other characters, like Roy.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Can Roy's dsmash hit shields twice in one go?
if you get as close to someone as the mii in the video does, yea. Its all about shield size though. If someone's shield is too small, the first hit might miss and the 2nd hit might poke.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
What are the direct inputs for this?

Jab 1 --> Jab 2 --> Perfect Pivot --> D-Smash?
yup :D
if you get as close to someone as the mii in the video does, yea. Its all about shield size though. If someone's shield is too small, the first hit might miss and the 2nd hit might poke.
Nice to know!

Top Bottom