• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Swordfighter Matchups. Zero Suit Samus

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
previous MU Discussions

@ Antonykun Antonykun
:4diddy:While Diddy got nerfed last patch he really didn't lose enough to not be a threat any more. In long range Swordfighter can use Gale Strike to destroy both bananas and peanuts meaning that if Swordfighter has the lead he can force Diddy to approach. Of course Diddy is very well capable of approaching Swordfighter given Diddy's mobility coupled with Gale strikes endlag. Diddy's CQC is truly outstanding with his grabs and running up-air while at mid range Diddy can use F-air to make spacing really difficult for the Mii.

Swordfighter needs to keep his head cool and not be overwhelmed by diddy's impressive buttons down tilts and jab locks as he falls down will allow swordfighter to give damage from his optimal space while Up tilts into up air yield massive rewards. Should diddy ever find him self recovering low. do a down air to gimp his rocket barrel recovery. F-smash Outranges and can potentially hit him in the air due to the move's arc.

Customs Swordfighter wants to consider:
SoL which trades destroying diddy's projectiles for damage
Reversal Slash to reflect bananas and make it Diddy uncomfortable to using them
Power thrust for a burst movement option and other things
@ Antonykun Antonykun
:4sheik:Sheik is the queen of spacing and against Swordfighter this is no exception. F-air pretty much eats all of Swordfighter's stuff bar a perfectly spaced u-tilt/smash, while needles mean that Swordfighter has to at least try to approach. Sheik can also combo Swordfighter off the stage at early percents and potentially end the stock there with a Bouncing Fish, Vanish, or gimp.

The key to beating Sheik is knowing that her walls have holes and recognizing how to capitalize on said holes a perfect shield will give you the opportunity to punish sheik should she have not perfectly spaced a f-air. Power thrust is will open up sheik occasionally but do not rely on it too much. the disjoint of Swordfighter's jab helps while also leading into a jab lock. If any Swordfighters are getting oppressed by Sheik remembere that there is light at the end of the tunnel, think about how to land your kill moves as she struggles to land her's

Sol to positively trade with needles
Aerial assault as she lacks spikes
Power thrust to close in on her walls
@san.
Sheik is very difficult since she is so fast on the ground, in the air, and with her attacks. The only thing Swordfighter can do is maximize the reward whenever he does get a hit in. I recommend power thrust since if you're chained offstage, you can quickly use it as a recovery option. If you DI perfectly, you should be living to somewhat high percents. Unfortunately, swordfighter doesn't receive much of a benefit from rage outside of grounded hero's spin which will kill early when hit at the cost of being super punishable. Swordfighter has trouble killing Sheik around the 115-130% area since dthrow combos stop and you can only rely on the stronger attacks. Sheik's gravity makes it so that jab1/2 to hero's spin is unreliable and only jab1/2 to grab is really guaranteed. Swordfighter can punish Sheik's whiffs pretty well if he sees it coming. He can also abuse Sheik's ledge vulnerability with dair, but Sheik can still come back if you can't get the footstool after the dair. Swordfighter has quite a few kill setups from the 70-100 range, and that's the time where you want to set those up with dtilt, grabs, and jab cancels.

Edit: nevermind. I learned that jab scales with the opponent's %, so there may be better followups at high %.
@ Antonykun Antonykun
:4fox:Fox has a very VERY strong CQC game like that jab alone singlehandedly is a reminder of how terrible Swordfighter close range game is. Further more Fox is so blazingly fast that he invalidates any attempts swordfighter has at keep away. He also posses nasty short hop aerials that lead into comboes for more damage. Fox can jab lock with his frame two jab and kill swordfighter with his up or down smash at ludicrous percents.

What lies as Swordfighters saving grace is fox's light weight coupled with his fast fall speed allowing Swordfighter to take early koes against an over eager fox comboes to uptilt become happen longer allowing for threats at even higher than normal percents. Fox has very limited range so make good use of F-smash's range and possibly watch as he gets koed at 76%. Fire fox is extremely gimpable therefore use d-air to take the stock

Aerial Assault for the extra horizontal recovery and thus better edguarding
Hero's spin for the extra damage and kill set ups but it comes at the price of worse vertical recovery which is curcial for gimping fox with down air
Reversal Slash to reflect a Fox Illusion
Power thrust for the potential early kill
@san.
Fox can beat swordfighter badly, but Fox can get janked so hard by swordfighter's gimmicks. Because of Fox's gravity, swordfighter can dthrow to dair at low percents. Dtilt is somewhat good to throw out vs Fox, but a perfectly timed dash can punish even the tiniest bit of lag. Fox can die to dthrow->uair on stages like town & city and halberd somewhat easily.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I finally managed to get some test battles with my friend to test some MUs. Now i know that playing battles with a friend isn't the best way to test matchups but that's all i can do.
For these tests i was using two Short-wide Miis with 1331 and 2332.

:4falco:: Plain and simply out spaces us. Reflector alone makes spacing with Chakram really difficult, Phantasms can force a keepaway game when we have finally gotten into our distance. His n-airs give so much pressure to the Swordfighter. Its not all bad though as Falco really needs to below you to get of the vertical kills he is really good at getting but we have the D-air also know as that awesome anti-anti-air move to keep us alive far longer than what we should be. Our attacks are disjointed while his aren't so we can have a lot of mileage from being in our sword's optimal range.

:4greninja:: When i made this thread i genuinely believed that there would be no advantageous matchups but i think that we got a good matchup against Greninja, assuming 2332. Our disjointed sword can make approach really difficult for Greninja and we have a reflector to stop a charged Water Shuriken while our Chakram and Shuriken of Light can stop the uncharged ones meaning greninja has to approach from the air but we have 3 good anti airs in our u tilt up air and up smash.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hmm... I feel as if Matchup will difficult because you can change your build to counter the character. I guess I use try against my brothers' main with my set and see what I can do. Give me a few days.

Vorpal Lyric

Smash Cadet
Shiek seems like a really rough MU. From the matches I played, it seemed as if she didn't have any problems gimping our recovery, and we have a really hard time dealing with her pressure, especially in the air. It'd be nice if our nair came out a few frames faster so we could use it as a combo interrupting tool like ness or peach, and I don't really feel like any of our aerials really stuff hers out, so we're reduced to good DI, fast falls, and air dodges, but I need more testing to be sure... It seems like superb spacing, smart counter play (did I really just say that?), and hard reads are necessary to succeed against her.

Also, seriously, has anyone found a use for ftilt? I feel as anything ftilt can do dtilt can do better... it doesn't even have any better range, and if I want to stuff an aerial I'll use utilt instead. Seems really useless to me...

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Nope. Ftilt seems useless

Edit: Actually, it goes farther than dtilt. I guess it for spacing purpose. I rather use Stutter Step F-Smash though.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Ftilt doesn't really seem to be useless to me. The knockback and damage that it deals seems to be decent.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Shiek seems like a really rough MU. From the matches I played, it seemed as if she didn't have any problems gimping our recovery, and we have a really hard time dealing with her pressure, especially in the air. It'd be nice if our nair came out a few frames faster so we could use it as a combo interrupting tool like ness or peach, and I don't really feel like any of our aerials really stuff hers out, so we're reduced to good DI, fast falls, and air dodges, but I need more testing to be sure... It seems like superb spacing, smart counter play (did I really just say that?), and hard reads are necessary to succeed against her.

Also, seriously, has anyone found a use for ftilt? I feel as anything ftilt can do dtilt can do better... it doesn't even have any better range, and if I want to stuff an aerial I'll use utilt instead. Seems really useless to me...
I'd actually prefer if nair had more hitstun and shield damage/knock back to allow Swordfighter to have a better approach game against zoners against Sheik we have counter for combo escaping. I want to test more Matchups but finals are coming in my college so i cant test anything.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Finals are coming to an end for me. I think that in Tuesday I can begin testing more matchup with more characters and more builds. Right now I have 3 builds so I got my work cutout for me.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Here's Another MU for you guys.
:4lucario:This is an ugly, ugly matchup. One of our (many) big weaknesses is that we kill so late because our kill moves are so risky and aside from Dair shenanigans we have no edgeguard power. Lucario can reasonably stay alive at 160% because of this and Luke loves high percentage as it allow him to kill us at ridiculously low percentages. This is a battle best done by tall Mii's as f-tilt hurts and out ranges us.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
This is a more theoretical MU than my other MU discussion but its been bugging me lately so I'll post it here hoping for some discussion:
:4diddy:Might just be an even matchup for us as surprising as it may be. While Diddy has his grabs and bananas, we have our disjoints and reflector to force him to approach and when he has to approach we can set him up for the offstage and thus set him up for the almighty D-air gimp. This is a battle of who gets momentum first and hold on to it as long as possible. I would definitely pick Short/Thin for this MU as the increased mobility allows us to better set-up gimps which is what we need most.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
I've been using a 3-3-2-1 Swordfighter and have had moderate success against my group of friends. I'm having trouble with Sheik and Mario, any suggestions? I saw the Sheik post earlier, and Counter has definitely been saving me but I'm still not doing as well as I'd like.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hmm... 3321. So...
Blurring Blade
Charkam
Skyward Sword Dance
Counter

Okay, Good Set. Let's see what we can do with it.

Mario: Well, Mario is your secondary so you should know the ins and outs of this character. Remember, as a Swordfighter, you use your space and disjointed moves to your advantage. If Mario approach in the air, challenge it will Nair, or Utilt and if directly below Mario Uair. On the ground, Dtilt, Jab Combos and sometimes Ftilt/Nair is your answer. Make him respect your space. Don't worry about fireballs, you have Charkam, Power Shield/Shield and Jumping help you avoid them. If you sense a grab or dash grab - Dtilt will be beat it (5f).
Your throws will usually be Dthrow for Uair/ Airdodge reads into Blurring Blade or Fthrow for more Charkam tossing (be cautious of his Cape). Be careful about approach from above. UpSmash has invincibility at the Head. If you can read a Upsmash, use your Counter or trick him with either Blurring Blade or Chakram.

Off stage - his recovery is decent with Cape, Wall Jump and Up B. Up B was invincibility at frame 3 but if timing well you can Counter it. If he not good at wall teching you face your Counter to that direction or Nair for a Stage Spike. I will challenge Cape with Dair since it does not do anything to us and if you are lucky you can Footstool him (Nair might be better). When you are offstage, be careful. Fireballs can stop SSD initial startup, Cape can turn you around and FLUDD will stall you. I will use Chakram/Blurring Blade (for the short lunge) to cover myself then use Up B.

Overall, Mario is a fast, solid character with amazing Combo Ability, quick options and Gimp tools. However, as a Swordfighter, you beat him with Range and sort of stomp his recovery option. Be patience and react to his actions.

Sheik: I haven't fought a Sheik as SF but I have with Kirby. Supposedly the Matchup is 50:50 for Kirby. Anyways...
As mention below, this matchup is rough. This girl can dance all over you and drift from one side of the court to another. Lucky, you can survive a bit longer to use Rage in your favor. Since Sheik is a Fast Faller, you can Utilt a few times before she escapes. Do retreating Nairs, Fairs or Bairs when she approach and Counter/Dodge Bouncing Fish (it is a commitment move). You are going to have to respect Needles. There is not much you can do about them. I don't know if Chakram does any to Needles (Gale Strike doesn't). Anyways, Toss out Chakram when you can (IE Shield a Bouncing Fish - Toss a Chakram at her). When Sheik is off stage, if she is within range Chakram but if she teleport - Dair, Skyward Sword Dance, or Blurring Blade in the direction she is going (ledge) and you will get her. Apply the same Mario tactic for returning to stage with Sheik but replace it will Bouncing Fish, Needles and Bair.

I hope that helps and good luck!

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
My experiences w/1231:

:4metaknight:
Swordfighter out-ranges Metaknight in practically every way, but Forward Smash is where it counts. Swordfighter's Forward Smash has some crazy good range to it, and it's much longer than Metaknight's, to the point of being a respectable kill move against him. Pretty much all our attacks out-range him. Our Gale stops his Tornado and Drill in its tracks, and Slash Launcher's a good way to cancel his slower moves and pop him into the air, where his aerials can only challenge us so much. Falling Nair is also a useful approach tool as he has very few diagonal options, and again, we out-reach him. Not a lot he can do if you space well.

:4jigglypuff:
Another character we out-range, and her floatyness helps play into our Uair and Fair. Not a lot she can do to punish if you whiff Slash Launcher since her ground speed is awful. Hero's Spin prevents her from gimping low, and often stage-spikes, plus it usually gets the last hit in and can kill her easy.

:4villager:
Against a good Villager, you'll never freaking kill him. Slingshot outspaces us, we're too slow to challenge Lloyd. Gale can help a lot against breaking the tree, but it's very difficult to challenge Villager in the air if it pops him up. A poor Fair gets gimped by the slingshot, Uair gets gimped by turnips. You can only challenge him diagonally with Fair or Nair, but killing him diagonally with it really isn't an option since he'll recover every time. If you're REALLY good at it, Shuriken of Light or Chakram might pop his balloons, but he'll just keep coming back. Slingshot also interrupts Slash Launcher as a recovery, and his bowling ball screws us if we recover low. Our ftilt and dtilt outspaces his regular ground options, but the ones I've faced put out a Lloyd every chance they get. The biggest turn-around I can think of is using Reversal Slash on the Lloyd and possibly the tree, but it gives him pocket opportunities. Ugh.

Seems like any character we out-range where speed isn't an issue, we can beat up and out-space.

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Played some games on the ladder, did rather well with a few, if I say so myself. Was 1111 50/50 because smash ladder.

:4diddy:: Gale destroys bananas, including those on the floor. Sword out-reaches practically all his attacks, and the one I fought seemed to have a lot of trouble actually grabbing me. Fair also outreaches monkey flip's kick, and is pretty great.

:4peach:: Gale destroys turnips. Since peach tends to float in the air a lot, she's susceptible to being stabbed by fair a lot, too.

:4falcon:: While I didn't actually win (it was close, though), I noticed that Uair beats Falcon Kick. However, CF's Usmash is a serious problem against Airborne Assault. He can just camp the ledge and throw it out at the right time to **** you up if you try recovering high. Sword very slightly out-reaches most of his attacks, but the problem is his speed makes it difficult to really catch him. Gale helps toss him into the air where he's a bit more vulnerable, though.

:4sonic:: F**k. I'm fairly confident the Sonic player I fought wasn't very good with Sonic, but the speed is way, way too much of an issue to deal with. At best you'll wind up at a stalemate. At worst, you'll get three-stocked. The biggest issue is most attacks will simply clank with his spindash, and his follow-up is faster. You'll have to rely on very strong reads if you hope to beat a professional-level Sonic. At least, with 1111 anyway.

:4luigi:: The Luigi I fought was rather poor (he cancelled after round 1 because I was too good for him), however the biggest thing I noticed is Gale destroys fireballs. Luigi is forced to find other methods to approach, and his floaty/slow aerial movement renders him open to some good ol' fashioned Fairs to the groin area. I don't have significant understanding of the MU in professional hands, however.

:4littlemac:: You're going to die. You're going to die because Gale Strike can be leapt over with Jolt Haymaker, and you're rendered vulnerable right after using it. It is very likely Mac will survive to 200%. Curl up and cry.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
:4littlemac:: You're going to die. You're going to die because Gale Strike can be leapt over with Jolt Haymaker, and you're rendered vulnerable right after using it. It is very likely Mac will survive to 200%. Curl up and cry.
Back throw into D-air gimp?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Guys, I need help figuring out the matchup regarding :4pikachu:

I just don't know what can swordfighter do in this matchup.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I fought exactly one Pikachu for one round (1111, on ladder) so I can't give a lot of situational elaboration, but said Pikachu was really, really good. Strangely, we went stock for stock, so there must be some sort of middle-ground between the two (or he wasn't as good as I thought?). Small thoughts by memory:

- Gale Strike kills Thunder Jolt. Pikachu can't punish it very hard unless you use it sloppily. The worst Pikachu can do if you don't use it sloppily is interrupt it with Jolt or Quick Attack, and that's frankly not much to worry about.
- Airborne Assault, and recovering high, helps reset the neutral very well. As long as you don't SD, you can wind up on the complete opposite side of the stage. Pikachu has trouble actually doing anything about this, and "not near Pikachu" is exactly where you want to be.
- Pikachu can rack up a boatload of damage, but has a lot of trouble actually killing (I survived to 200% on one stock). Since most of his options launch diagonally upward, you have plenty of recovery options between AA and SS.

I'll try to correct myself if I ever fight a good/better Pikachu again. But you ~will~ take a crapload of damage during the fight. Your best bet is launching Pikachu into the air, and keeping up pressure before he can reset to neutral.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I fought exactly one Pikachu for one round (1111, on ladder) so I can't give a lot of situational elaboration, but said Pikachu was really, really good. Strangely, we went stock for stock, so there must be some sort of middle-ground between the two (or he wasn't as good as I thought?). Small thoughts by memory:

- Gale Strike kills Thunder Jolt. Pikachu can't punish it very hard unless you use it sloppily. The worst Pikachu can do if you don't use it sloppily is interrupt it with Jolt or Quick Attack, and that's frankly not much to worry about.
- Airborne Assault, and recovering high, helps reset the neutral very well. As long as you don't SD, you can wind up on the complete opposite side of the stage. Pikachu has trouble actually doing anything about this, and "not near Pikachu" is exactly where you want to be.
- Pikachu can rack up a boatload of damage, but has a lot of trouble actually killing (I survived to 200% on one stock). Since most of his options launch diagonally upward, you have plenty of recovery options between AA and SS.

I'll try to correct myself if I ever fight a good/better Pikachu again. But you ~will~ take a crapload of damage during the fight. Your best bet is launching Pikachu into the air, and keeping up pressure before he can reset to neutral.
I think you may be underestimating QA. QA allows Pikachu to punish from anywhere and he always has a followup to that move be it a combo or just a better position
Not to mention Pikachu's disadvantage is nonexistent because of QA.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Oh, no, I was never not getting hit by Quick Attack. I'm still trying to figure out how it was stock-for-stock.

Living to 200% and getting crazy rage benefits may have been a part of it, though.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh, no, I was never not getting hit by Quick Attack. I'm still trying to figure out how it was stock-for-stock.

Living to 200% and getting crazy rage benefits may have been a part of it, though.
Ubless you're a really good pika (and even then) killing is a legit problem for the mouse.
MSF has things like U-air pika's kills are usually edgeguards with AA partially negates its not unreasonable for a Pika to leave a X1XX Swordfighter alive at 200% even more so if you were being smart with Stone Scabbard's invincibility frames.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
if you were being smart with Stone Scabbard's invincibility frames.
Which I found! It is at the startup but very brief (frame 2-3).

Anyways, about Pikachu... it is really based on your setup. If you have Reversal Slash, you can reflect back the Thunder (Down B). Otherwise, make use of your range as pikachu needs to get in. QA doesn't have invincibility frame, does it? If not, you can Jab or Nair to stop it (your range and disjointed hitbox should do something). The little mouse is small, light and fast. So it going to be rough when he comboing you at over the place. But you will be fighting with a little rage. That is your advantage. Good Luck!

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Add "Lemons", "Metal Blade" and "Crash Bomber" to the list of things Gale Strike destroys. It's becoming my favorite projectile in the game.

Another thing I noticed: the last hop of USmash jumps over projectiles. Weird.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Add "Lemons", "Metal Blade" and "Crash Bomber" to the list of things Gale Strike destroys. It's becoming my favorite projectile in the game.

Another thing I noticed: the last hop of USmash jumps over projectiles. Weird.
huh?
I might actually use GS for MM

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
On an aside, the only MUs where GS is theoretically bad is any where SoL would also theoretically be bad; namely reflector/pocket. But GS has the advantage if you use it as a mix-up where you would otherwise have a grab/spotdodge fight. Player 2 spot dodges expecting a grab, GS comes out after the spot dodge ends, they go into the air.

The MUs off the top of my head where it's actually bad is Little Mac and Sonic. The former can leap over it and punch you in the face, and the latter can run up and grab you before the animation finishes.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Add Shiek (I still don't understand why), Fox, Falco, Mii Gunner, and ROB to list of projectile where Gale Strikes loses to. You can dodge bouncing projectiles or high hits with Jab 2.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco are kind of non-issues, projectile-wise (IMO). So that's moot.

ROB is kind of interesting though. Does it fail to break gyro, or just his laser?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hmm... I'm thinking about trying to revitalize this thread into a 3day/weekly mu based discussion what do you guys think?

Also @ Berserker. Berserker. if you are not over Swordfighter yet what do you think of Shulk vs Swordfighter

Shulk vs BKF is 100-0 Shulk

Just kidding. Idk. Shulk can outspeed and outrange though. BKF's recovery options are also fairly easy to gimp. I'll come back to you later about it (busy with other stuff atm)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Shulk vs BKF is 100-0 Shulk
That was actually my first impressions lol (I tend to have low opinions on Swordspider)
oh yeah don't forget to assume Customs as 1111 Swordfighter isn't a character unless you want to think of Miis with modifiers/customs in customs off

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
1111 50/50 sword really isn't that bad. At least it isn't 1111 50/50 Mii Brawler.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I don't believe 1111 50/50 Mii Brawler is that bad. He requires a read for a kill like most characters.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Alrighty we are starting a weekly discussion starting with some of the best characters in the game Diddy Sheik and Fox will be our source of discussion. (I'll begin giving my thoughts after I summoned the players from different threads)

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
summoned players? I doubt anyone else have serious experiences with Butter Knife.

SheikIsBae

Smash Hero
NNID
MFMHYFR
I don't know the MU :4miisword: vs :4sheik: but I'll be glad to play you guys to get info on it.

My NNID is: MFMHYFR.

I'm available on the weekends. :D

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
all right i had to do somethings before coming here and posting about the MUs (in hind sight i should have posted on the MUs then summoned the players)
:4diddy:While Diddy got nerfed last patch he really didn't lose enough to not be a threat any more. In long range Swordfighter can use Gale Strike to destroy both bananas and peanuts meaning that if Swordfighter has the lead he can force Diddy to approach. Of course Diddy is very well capable of approaching Swordfighter given Diddy's mobility coupled with Gale strikes endlag. Diddy's CQC is truly outstanding with his grabs and running up-air while at mid range Diddy can use F-air to make spacing really difficult for the Mii.

Swordfighter needs to keep his head cool and not be overwhelmed by diddy's impressive buttons down tilts and jab locks as he falls down will allow swordfighter to give damage from his optimal space while Up tilts into up air yield massive rewards. Should diddy ever find him self recovering low. do a down air to gimp his rocket barrel recovery. F-smash Outranges and can potentially hit him in the air due to the move's arc.

SoL which trades destroying diddy's projectiles for damage
Reversal Slash to reflect bananas and make it Diddy uncomfortable to using them
Power thrust for a burst movement option and other things

:4sheik:Sheik is the queen of spacing and against Swordfighter this is no exception. F-air pretty much eats all of Swordfighter's stuff bar a perfectly spaced u-tilt/smash, while needles mean that Swordfighter has to at least try to approach. Sheik can also combo Swordfighter off the stage at early percents and potentially end the stock there with a Bouncing Fish, Vanish, or gimp.

The key to beating Sheik is knowing that her walls have holes and recognizing how to capitalize on said holes a perfect shield will give you the opportunity to punish sheik should she have not perfectly spaced a f-air. Power thrust is will open up sheik occasionally but do not rely on it too much. the disjoint of Swordfighter's jab helps while also leading into a jab lock. If any Swordfighters are getting oppressed by Sheik remembere that there is light at the end of the tunnel, think about how to land your kill moves as she struggles to land her's

Sol to positively trade with needles
Aerial assault as she lacks spikes
Power thrust to close in on her walls

All right im spent I'll give an analyze on Fox later

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sorry for the double post but Fox time
:4fox:Fox has a very VERY strong CQC game like that jab alone singlehandedly is a reminder of how terrible Swordfighter close range game is. Further more Fox is so blazingly fast that he invalidates any attempts swordfighter has at keep away. He also posses nasty short hop aerials that lead into comboes for more damage. Fox can jab lock with his frame two jab and kill swordfighter with his up or down smash at ludicrous percents.

What lies as Swordfighters saving grace is fox's light weight coupled with his fast fall speed allowing Swordfighter to take early koes against an over eager fox comboes to uptilt become happen longer allowing for threats at even higher than normal percents. Fox has very limited range so make good use of F-smash's range and possibly watch as he gets koed at 76%. Fire fox is extremely gimpable therefore use d-air to take the stock

Aerial Assault for the extra horizontal recovery and thus better edguarding
Hero's spin for the extra damage and kill set ups but it comes at the price of worse vertical recovery which is curcial for gimping fox with down air
Reversal Slash to reflect a Fox Illusion
Power thrust for the potential early kill

Top Bottom