• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sword Ganon

Wngd

Smash Rookie
Well I've come across an old sword ganon PSA made by ashingda that is actually very balanced. it uses dtaunt to change his moveset to a sword alternate. I think the pm devs should definitely take a look at this and see if they would consider making whatever changes for it to be balanced and official. Here is a link to what it looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR-SdTtEIOk (I encourage you all to play this psa, it feels really good, but if not just see the video)

if they can make alternate moves for samus that she never even does in her original games then i believe sword ganon should definitely be possible considering twilight princess and many other games. this could add so much to ganon.

Let me know what you guys think and if you would like this in game

Last edited:

Yallo42

Smash Apprentice
Having both movesets on ganon would be OP. It's fun to play around with though.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I think that if (and that a big IF) PMDT actually want to include some sword moves into Ganon's moveset it has to work sorta like Samus' Fire Beam/Ice Beam.

Instead of changing every move by activating the taunt you only alter some moves.

Obviously since Ganon holds the sword in his right hand some move have to be changed in accordance.

1- Fsmash becomes a sword move - more range but slightly slower and weaker
2- Up smash becomes sword move cause holding a sword and doing those kick will look dumb - again range, but not as strong or fast
3- Down Smash change to sword move same reason as up smash
4-Fair becomes a sword move with longer range but slower & weaker
5- Nair becomes sword move cause again kicking like that while wielding a sword will look bad.
6- Up B doesn't grab anymore but instead Ganon uses his sword to strike helping to prevent some edge guarding.
7*- maybe Wizard Foot becomes the sword rush move like in TP (*Wizard Kick doesn't need to change but it's the best special move to change if he were to get a sword move for a special)

And that's it really... They will also need to change Ganon's animation during the float while he holds a sword cause he can't cross his arms while holding it. And also to change his default grab to use his Left hand and to change his pummel animation but that isn't difficult to do and can just provide Ganon with more unique animations.

Changing about 7 moves to a Sword really isn't "game braking" and could be balanced quite easily. It also doesn't mean that Ganon will be top tear just that he has more options for players that like using it. If Zelda and Shiek can coexist in the same character and be balanced than this should be a nonissue.
Having down Taunt change about 7 moves provides a different play style mostly with increasing range in moves while sacrificing power and speed.

Of course people will complain either way, people still want an official sword moveset for Ganon even in PM. And if PMDT actually gives him what I suggested which isn't a overhaul of the character or anything, people will still complain. But that's the nature of opinions, everyone just thinks differently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom