• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Switching to Marth

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Hi all,

I've decided to make the switch to Marth. My history is that I used to main Ike in Brawl, and then in Smash 4. When Cloud came out, I switched to him.

About July 2016 I tried out Marth for fun. I really enjoyed it, and started playing him more and more in casual, and recently tournaments. I had tried switching back to Ike, but honestly I love how fast Marth is, and how fast his moves come out.

I was already used to spacing properly with Ike so I wouldn't be punished, so Marth felt natural to get his tippers. Additionally, with the speed of the character and moves, I feel I get more out of him than I do from Ike, less bad matchups.

Combined with a pretty good grab game, and an amazing edge guard, this makes Cloud feel inferior. It was the one thing that kept me from loving Cloud.

Will I play Cloud and Ike still? Sure. But not as mains, Marth covers a much better variety of characters imo.

Top Bottom