• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Switch It Up!" - Patricia Wagon for Smash! (Mighty Switch Force Collection Coming to Switch!)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Who is Patricia Wagon?
Patricia Wagon is a robotic law enforcer who is the playable character in Mighty Switch Force and Mighty Switch Force 2 (which I’ll be referring to as MSF and MSF2). In the first game, she’s a police officer whose main goal is to stop the Hooligan Sisters, while in the second game, she’s a firefighter who now has to save them since they’ve reformed. Although a robot, Patricia has a spunky personality, as she is overall happy about her job and loves catching bad guys.

On a side note, MSF and MSF2 are the third and fourth games in WayForward's Mighty series, the first two being Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way(both available on the DSi/3DS eShop). The original MSF (originally released on the 3DS eShop) was so popular that the sequel was created (also on 3DS eShop, later ported to Wii U), as well as a remastered Wii U port (Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition). There is even a spin-off game titled Mighty Switch Force: Hose it Down! was released on iOS systems.

A collection of all of the previous main games will be coming to Switch on July 25th, 2019.

In an AMA on reddit, WayForward creative director Matt Bozon stated that they may make a Mighty Switch Force 3.

Powers/Abilities
In both games, Patricia can use her Helmet Siren to make certain blocks go into the background so she can pass through (she can also make blocks appear into the foreground so she can jump on them or defeat enemies). Aside from this unique ability, she also has a blaster at her side which can shoot either fast small shots, or one big shot at a time. In MSF2 her blaster is replaced witha fire-hose like backpack to put out fires. Patricia also has a robot named Corporal Gendarmor to aid her (it places Patricia inside of itself so that she can finish the level).

Also in MSF2, she can save babies by kicking them off screen (not joking).

Here are some videos so you can get an idea of what she can do with switching blocks:
Gameplay of Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (level 1)
Gameplay of Mighty Switch Force 2

Why should she be in Smash?
Patricia originates from a company that is mainly Nintendo-based. Her games have received critical acclaim for their originality and level design as well as their soundtracks. She has a lot of potential to be a fighter and would fit in perfectly with the other characters. Granted her chances aren't the best when she has to compete with fellow WayForward character Shantae, but after Shantae she is without a doubt the next best WayForward rep.

Possible Movesets (feel free to suggest any other moves)
B:
Blaster: You can either press it quickly to fire fast shots, or you could hold it to fire a single large shot. Basically Samus' default special, except you can shoot small ones faster.
Up B: Shoots herself upwards using the purple arrow block. You hurt enemies as you fly up.
Down B: Uses her fire-hose to either push or injure enemies. Similar to Mario's F.L.U.D.D.
Side B: Creates a block right next to her which hurts and temporarily stuns the enemy.
Final Smash: Goes inside of Corporal Gendarmor and is much stronger (similar to Giga Bowser or Wario Man).

Match Entrance: Jumps and poses for the camera just like she does when starting a level (video)
Star KO: Screams just like when she loses all of her health in the games (video)
Screen KO: Patricia has her arms and legs spread out similar to when she gets hurt by a block (video)

Up Taunt: Raises her arms in the air
Side Taunt: Dances to the left and right
Down Taunt: Gives the peace sign
(Video of all three taunts shown respectively)

Victory Animation 1: Patricia does a few poses with her blaster and says "aha I gotcha!" (video of sound)
Victory Animation 2: Patricia poses with Corporal Gendarmor and says "justice served!" (video of sound)
Victory Animation 3: Patricia softly kicks a crying baby on the ground up into the air, causing it to go into her arms while she says "doing my duty". The baby and Patricia then both smile at the camera. In case you're scratching your head, in MSF2 Patricia can save babies by kicking them off screen (see the gif below the Powers/Abilities section)

Patricia could also have a gimmick where she switches between two modes via her helmet which results in possible status changes similar to Shulk.

To quote from Matt Bozon: "There's no shortage of ideas or enthusiasm".

Possible alt costumes

Police officer outfit from the original MSF
Firefighter outfit from MSF2
Gym clothes unlockable outfit
True robotic form
Academy Enrollment uniform

Aside from these, their could be alts based off of characters from the other Mighty games.

Mighty Switch Force Music that could be added
Love You Love You Love
Jive Bot
Whoa I'm In Space Cuba
Glow
The Afterblaze
Rescue Girl

If you support Patricia Wagon as a DLC character, spread the word! Feel free to join the supporters group (just ask me and I'll add you) and add any ideas!

Patricia Wagon's Fire Crew (Supporters)
1563059987067.png

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Patricia & Shantae are the Indie queens as far as i`m concerned. I`ll be happy if both could make it in but if only Shantae gets in then hopefully Patricia will get her chance.

amageish

Smash Master
Hello! I support Patty Wagon. She's from a fantastic game and has a even more fantastic pun for a name.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I'm go for this. Add me to the support list please.

Top Bottom