• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Roster Evolution: Back From The Shadows Edition! (Game 4 Has Begun!)

ForestFreak101

Smash Rookie
E's roster:
+All series are fairly represented
+Ice Climbers
+Solo Charizard
-Black Mage
-Wolf over Falco

Chase's roster:
+Layton
+Vaati
-Pokémon Trainer for multiple reasons
-Chibi-Robo
-Wolf over Falco

My vote goes to Chase.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Right now. With @ Chase Chase out of the race, it's now a brawl between @ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 and @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Thing is, the rules are much different for the finale: for one, it's split into three mini rounds. Whoever wins two of the three rounds is the winner. Also, both participants cannot vote. The last thing is that each round will have at least one special rule. With that out of the way, let's get into the specifics for this round.

Same deal as usual, five characters, except two of them have to be third parties: one of which has to be a veteran and the other has to be a newcomer. Good luck! Rosters are due by tomorrow!

:094:

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Super Mario series: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, Toad
Pokémon series: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard
Legend of Zelda series: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati
Donkey Kong series: DK, Diddy, King K. Rool
Kirby series: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
Metroid series: Samus, Ridley
Yoshi series: Yoshi
Star Fox series: Fox, Wolf
Wario series: Wario
Animal Crossing series: Villager
Wii Fit series: Wii Fit Trainer
Pikmin series: Olimar
F-Zero series: Captain Falcon
EarthBound series: Ness
Fire Emblem series: Marth
Punch Out series: Little Mac
Golden Sun series: Isaac
Splatoon series: Inkling
Kid Icarus series: Pit
Game + Watch series: Mr. Game + Watch
Gyromite series: R.O.B.
Mii series: Mii Fighters
Sonic series: Sonic
Final Fantasy series: Black Mage

REASONINGS:
Toad: Given his iconicness, he deserves a spot.
King K. Rool: I wanted to throw in another villain at this point, and, well, I already explained why I chose him last round.
Vaati: I wanted to give Zelda a bone in the form of a newcomer, and Vaati, aside from Impa and Tingle, was the only option. I think the whole wind magic thing could work out really well, whereas Impa only has stuff Sheik can do plus a few other things, and Tingle has that hatebase, making him kinda risky.
Sonic: Obvious given the rules.
Black Mage: I already explained him last round.

Newcomers and reasonings:
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong): I felt that DK deserved another rep, and he is also the most iconic villain left.
- Impa (The Legend of Zelda): Has Sheik alt. I wanted to add a fourth Zelda rep, and I was torn between Impa and Vaati, but I chose her due to being more important character in the series than Vaati and being a female, as I don't have many females in my roster. I also didn't feel like adding Sheik as a separate character, as she is an one-time character (discounting HW) and she felt like a risky choice, but I decided to include her as Impa's alt.
- Isaac (Golden Sun): Another hard choice: I was torn between him and Chibi-Robo. My original intention was to add both, but the two third-party rule forced me to drop one in favor of second third-party. I ended up adding Isaac, but I will add Chibi-Robo later if the rules allow me to do so.
- Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog): Obvious.
- Black Mage (Final Fantasy): Arguably the most iconic third-party that hasn't been in Smash.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
When's the second mini-round starting?
In a little bit. I'm doing some other things right now.
EDIT: We're ready. Here's the results.
One point for @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma , as they have only gotten one vote this mini-round as opposed to @ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 's two.
@ badfart47 badfart47 voted for E=M due to: "lacking Shulk".
@ Weegee Da Meme Weegee Da Meme voted for M.P. due to: "lacking a Toon character".
@ Chase Chase voted for E=M due to: "overall boring".

CURRENT STANDING: 1-0 in M.P.'s favor.
This round, two of your characters must be newcomers while the other half must be veterans. The last character doesn't matter. Rosters are due by the end of tomorrow. Good luck!

:007:

Last edited:

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Super Mario series: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, Toad
Pokémon series: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Meowth
Legend of Zelda series: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati
Donkey Kong series: DK, Diddy, King K. Rool
Yoshi series: Yoshi, Kamek
Wario series: Wario
Fire Emblem series: Marth, Ike
Xenoblade series: Shulk
Duck Hunt series: Duck Hunt Dog

REASONINGS:

Meowth: He's easily the biggest Nintendo character currently not in Smash (or in my roster, for that matter), and since I has forced to add two newcomers, he was an obvious pick.
Kamek: A big risk pick, but he deserves a spot either way. Aside from having to include two newcomers, he's also an extremely important character to Nintendo's history, and there really weren't many viable options left.
Ike: Yeah, throwing Ike in over Robin, sue me. Ike is arguably the face of FE for America, not to mention he is without a doubt one of the most popular Lord characters in the entire franchise.
Duck Hunt Dog: He's kinda an obvious pick at this point.
Shulk: Also kinda obvious.

- Toad (Mario): I wanted to include a fifth Mario rep, and I was originally torn between Toad, Bowser Jr. and Rosalina. I chose Toad, because he is more iconic than Jr. and Rosalina. I would've originally chosen Jr, but I had several veteran options left, so I added a newcomer instead. His moveset is a mix between regular Toad and Captain Toad, and he has Captain Toad and Toadette alts.
- Zero Suit Samus (Metroid): I felt that Metroid deserved a third rep, and all non-veteran options felt risky, so I went for ZSS instead.
- R.O.B. (Gyromite): He was fairly obvious veteran choice, and I wanted to add third retro rep.
- Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo): I was going to include him in my previous roster, but had to drop him in favor of second third-party. Now when I needed to add two newcomers, he felt like a obvious choice.

For the last character, I had four choices: fifth Pokemon rep (Jigglypuff or Greninja), second KI rep (Palutena), third Star Fox rep (Falco) or third FE rep (Ike). I decided to save the fifth Pokemon for next roster and I didn't think KI deserved a second character (at least yet). So that left me two options, Falco and Ike. I ended up choosing:
- Ike (Fire Emblem): A hard choice, but I chose Ike, because he is more unique than Falco. I also though that adding a third FE rep is fine now, it's been a while since I added the last one, and three isn't very much when comparing to how many FE characters SSB4 has. However, Falco will almost definitely be in my last roster, if the rules allow me to add him.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Alright then. Since both participants have posted their rosters, voting shall now begin. Will E gain yet another strike against him this round, or will it be M.P. to get the most votes? Stay tuned! Votes are due by the end of tomorrow.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Results are in. Let's check it out.
This time, @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma got the most votes.
@ Weegee Da Meme Weegee Da Meme voted for M.P. due to: "lacking a Toon character, lacking the Mini Fighters, and Zero Suit Samus".
@ Chase Chase voted for @ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 due to: "having a second Yoshi character before a second Wario character".
@Mew N' Sunset Shimmer voted for M.P. due to: "having Zero Suit Samus".

CURRENT STANDINGS: 1-1 tie.
This is it boys and girls. The true final test that will decide the winner. And to make things extra exciting ( hopefully), the rules are really going to be screwed up this round: ten, yes, TEN characters instead of our usual five. However, like with our tiebreaker round, five of them have to fill in a specific niche: a villain, a newcomer, a retro character, a veteran third party character, and a newcomer third party. The other five are up to you. No cuts are allowed. Good luck, and may the best Smasher win!

Last edited:
I never though I'd get this far when I signed up for this game. Getting into the final round is already a victory to me, although winning would be nice too.

Final roster:

- Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong): Wanted to add a fourth DK rep, Dixie was obvious choice. One of the four characters to fill the newcomer niche.
- Vaati (The Legend of Zelda): Fills the villain niche, represents the Toon games of Zelda series (I felt he was better choice than a second Link).
- Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby): After giving DK series a fourth rep, I though it was fair to give Kirby a fourth one too. BWD was the most logical choice left. One of the four characters to fill the newcomer niche.
- Falco (Star Fox): Third Star Fox rep, was going to include him in previous one.
- Greninja (Pokemon): I wanted to give Pokemon a fifth rep. I had three options: Jigglypuff, Meowth and Greninja. I was going to include Meowth, but I already had three Gen I Pokemon in my roster, so I though that I should include a Pokemon from another generation. I chose Greninja, as he had already been in Smash.
- Ice Climbers (Ice Climber): Wasn't going to include a fourth retro, but now I had to, and ICs were obvious choice.
- Marshal (Rhythm Heaven): Wanted to include some new series characters, and I decided RH should be represented. The problem was that there were several possible RH characters to add. I had no idea which one would actually be the best choice, so I just added Marshal. One of the four characters to fill the newcomer niche.
- Wonder Red (Wonder Red): Again, a new series character. It was a bit hard to decide which new series to add, but Wonder Red seems to be fairly popular, so I added him. One of the four characters to fill the newcomer niche.
- Mega Man (Mega Man): Obvious choice for veteran third-party, has more history with Nintendo than Pac-Man or Snake.
- Bomberman (Bomberman): I wanted the newcomer third-party to be iconic, and I decided to add Bomberman, who is very iconic. I couldn't add Snake, as Mega Man filled the veteran third-party niche, and I though five third-parties was too much.

Characters that didn't make the cut:
- Bowser Jr. (left out to avoid overrepresenting Mario)
- Palutena (left out because KI was fine with just Pit)
- Jigglypuff and Meowth (both left out because I already had three Gen I Pokemon in my roster)
- Lucas (left out as EB was fine with just Ness)
- Sylux (planned to replace ZSS with him, but I wasn't allowed to cut ZSS and Metroid didn't need a fourth rep)
- Pac-Man and Snake (I felt that Mega Man was a better choice)
- Mii Fighters (left out due to being very divisive choice, including them or not, I'm going to get votes because of them anyway)

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Super Mario series: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, Toad, Bowser Jr.
Pokémon series: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Meowth
Legend of Zelda series: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati, Tingle
Donkey Kong series: DK, Diddy, King K. Rool, Cranky
Yoshi series: Yoshi, Kamek
Wario series: Wario, Captain Syrup
Fire Emblem series: Marth, Ike
Rhythm Heaven: Wrestler
Xenoblade series: Shulk
Chibi-Robo series: Chibi-Robo
Duck Hunt series: Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climber series: Ice Climbers
Mega Man series: Mega Man
Professor Layton series: Layton

REASONINGS(starting with those filling in the niches):
Bowser Jr.: Filling in the villain niche. I had Syrup for the newcomer niche, and all other big name Nintendo villains were already in, and Jr. was the only notable villain left (sans Andross).
Syrup: Filling in for the newcomer niche. I threw this one in because she added both a villain and a female to the roster.
Ice Climbers: Filling in for the retro niche. Added solely due to bias.
Mega Man: Filling in for the veteran 3rd party niche. It was either him or Pac Man, and the former has a better relationship with Nintendo.
Layton: Filling in for the new 3rd party niche. He's easily the most significant 3rd party character that has never been in Smash outside of Black Mage, who I already had.

Now, for the non-niche characters.
Tingle: I wanted someone who could fit well as a joke character, and, sans Pichu, no one else was as significant as Tingle, except for Cranky, who I don't view as a joke character, though others could.
Cranky: I wanted to give DK another character, and I think Cranky could bring more than Dixie.
Bandana Dee: Bias.
Wrestler: I wanted a RH character, and since the series has no definite mascot, I went with the one that seemed the most appealing, and I felt that the Wrestler added the most.
Chibi-Robo: I was extremely low on ideas for a new series character, so I was forced to use CR.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
It's time. The moment you've all been waiting for. The final results! Drum roll please!
:p
:troll:
"Kept ya waiting, huh?" :snake:

@ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma !

It was a one sided battle this time! Both voters voted for @ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 , giving M.P. the win! This goes to everyone who participated in this game:

With that out of the way, our next business: the next game, obviously. The next game will not start until, at the latest, tomorrow evening. More rules will be added during this time frame. You are free to post any additional rules you feel should be added to the game during this time as well. Until then, see ya!

:mario64::pikachu64::link64::dk64::kirby64::samus64::yoshi64::fox64:

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
The rules have been updated, and now the next game shall begin. I want everyone to look over the new rules before you do anything else. But, that aside, the start of next game: all rosters are due by Wednesday evening. Follow all of the rules regarding the initial roster. Good luck.

badfart47

Smash Rookie
Woohoo! Let's do this thing!

P.S. Thanks for letting me participate in this action-filled game once again, KingShadow.

Now, without further ado, meh roster.

Super Mario- Mario, Bowser
Donkey Kong- Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Metroid- Samus
The Legend of Zelda- Link, Zelda
Kirby- Kirby
Star Fox- Fox
Yoshi- Yoshi
Pokémon- Pikachu, Mewtwo
Fire Emblem- Marth
Animal Crossing- Villager
Pikmin- Olimar

EDIT: Formatted it better so it wouldn't take up as much space :p

Last edited:

Weegee Da Meme

Banned via Warnings
My roster's going to have to be in text. My laptop's getting repaired, and I don't know how long I'll be without it. Anyways...

Mario
Bowser
Peach
Pikachu
Lucario
Link
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus
Yoshi
Fox
Villager
Marth
Captain Falcon

Chase

Smash Ace

• Mario - Mario, Luigi
  • Yoshi - Yoshi
  • Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong
  • Wario - Wario
  • The Legend of Zelda - Link, Zelda
  • Metroid - Samus
  • Star Fox - Fox
  • F-Zero - Captain Falcon
  • Pokémon - Pikachu, Mewtwo
  • Kirby - Kirby, Dedede
  • Animal Crossing - Villager

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
I originally wasn't planning on participating again for a while, but I guess one more try couldn't hurt.
Super Mario series: Mario, Bowser, Peach
Pokémon series: Pikachu, Mewtwo
Legend of Zelda series: Link, Ganondorf
Donkey Kong series: DK
Kirby series: Kirby
Metroid series: Samus
Yoshi series: Yoshi
Star Fox series: Fox

badfart47

Smash Rookie
About only 4 people are going to participate in the game this round... Ok. :p But, seriously though, where are all the people at!?!? Might the due date for rosters need to be extended? :crazy:

Last edited:

badfart47

Smash Rookie
Hello? Is anyone still here? :p Is this thread officially dead, or are we waiting for more people to sign-up? Would it help if we spread the word out there?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I could post a link to this to my two other game threads, and possibly in some support threads as well, if you like.
I'd think that it would be best to avoid the support threads, since it would kinda seem forced there, but I think the game threads should be fine. On another note, the rules have been slightly updated again. There's nothing that harms any of the current rosters, but it still warrants getting checked out.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is my entry for the first round. If I've done something wrong, please tell me.

EDIT: I learned that I have to include Yoshi. I'm replacing Luigi with Yoshi, and counting Yoshi as part of the mario series instead of as his own series.

Last edited:

badfart47

Smash Rookie
Here is my entry for the first round. If I've done something wrong, please tell me.
Looks good so far! You even got the 'only 11 different series being repped' part right! The only thing that's missing is Yoshi of the Original 8 somewhere. It doesn't tell you this in the rules per se, but if you look at the FAQ, it's one of the first few points mentioned. Hope this helps! :)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Looks good so far! You even got the 'only 11 different series being repped' part right! The only thing that's missing is Yoshi of the Original 8 somewhere. It doesn't tell you this in the rules per se, but if you look at the FAQ, it's one of the first few points mentioned. Hope this helps! :)
Oh, OK. I'm replacing Luigi with Yoshi, and counting Yoshi as part of the Mario Series and not his own series.

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
and counting Yoshi as part of the Mario Series and not his own series.
I don't think you can do that. One of the rules state that DK, Yoshi, and Wario must be treated as members of their own franchise rather than a part of Mario. I'm not sure if this is a brand new rule or one I never took note of, because I never saw it before.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't think you can do that. One of the rules state that DK, Yoshi, and Wario must be treated as members of their own franchise rather than a part of Mario. I'm not sure if this is a brand new rule or one I never took note of, because I never saw it before.
What? Why?

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Yoshi's a huge part of the marioverse outside the spinoffs.
I don't know, that rule seems a little arbitrary and restrictive. Could the game runner (King Shadow) Weigh in on this?

Top Bottom